Mediocre Games

Pershing24

Again none of these games are bad, in fact I liked Dark sector, Remember me, Singularity, Rage and Timeshift. However, have we ever heard of these games after a year or two, nope, most just disappears into obscurity.

How I see it, there are two main reasons how this happen, one is that they focus on one main gimmic (like time control, or remake memory etc), but didn't innovate the gameplay (the FPS I've mention suffer from this the most).

The second reason of course is competition, Timeshift came out the same year as Halo 3, COD 4 modern Warfare and the orange box, so it couldn't compete with those. Same thing happened to Remember me and Enemy Front, they just came out for the wrong time

Even with the 8th generation of consoles, some games of today I would already consider mediocre, such as:

-Deadpool

-Mad Max

-The order 1886

-Murder Soul suspect

-Homefront the revolution (surprise)

-Lords of Fallen

Alice: Madness Returns

This game mostly suffers from boring platforming and combat that's too easy along with having a metric shit-ton of terrible and (mostly) useless collectables that you're forced to collect for the platinum. Art style is cool though.

Lords of the Fallen

A Souls clone with poorly balanced difficulty and buggy as hell along with having some of the worst boss fights I've personally ever seen in a game.

Remember Me

This one mostly suffers from a shallow main character and clumsy combat.

All you jokers who say 'The Last of Us' was mediocre clearly have no understanding of the word mediocre. Even if you don't like it, it's still leagues ahead of pretty much any other game listed here. Goes for 'Uncharted 1' as well- sure it pales in comparison to the sequels but is it fair to judge a game retrospectively like that? It looked and played great at the the time it came out.

I hope you do realise that people thinking TLOU is mediocre is an opinion. I feel that the game is overrated but not mediocre, and that is my opinion. I hate it when people call others "jokers" or "trolls" because they give an opinion you don't like. I would like to know what your mediocre games are. I can give mine before someone asks. Eat Lead and Zombi. That is what comes to mind because I mostly find good or bad games.
  • Like 2

from what I played.

Little Big Planet Karting.

I Am Alive.

Mars: War Logs.

Blade Kitten.

Silent Hill Downpour.

Mirror's Edge.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ( base game ), though loved the pigsy's perfect 10 DLC.

Remember Me.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

NIER.

Resident Evil 6.

Prices of Persia the Forgotten Sands.

if your beloved game is here on my list please don't kill me, it's just my opinion and I think they're not that bad but not even good either.

any other game you see on my trophies list you wonder why I didn't added or should be added here is whether I liked them so much or they better be on the worst list.

• Like 1

from what I played.

Little Big Planet Karting.

I Am Alive.

Mars: War Logs.

Blade Kitten.

Silent Hill Downpour.

Mirror's Edge.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West ( base game ), though loved the pigsy's perfect 10 DLC.

Remember Me.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

NIER.

Resident Evil 6.

Prices of Persia the Forgotten Sands.

if your beloved game is here on my list please don't kill me, it's just my opinion and I think they're not that bad but not even good either.

any other game you see on my trophies list you wonder why I didn't added or should be added here is whether I liked them so much or they better be on the worst list.

I'm not gonna kill you. I'm going to devour you and chop you into pieces!! Lol just joking I respect your opinions as anybody else respects mine :D
  • Like 1

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Although not necessarily simply mediocre, I feel this game was really uneven. It was great at best, but some levels, encounters and bosses were pretty darn awful, so by average I'd say it would amount to a mediocre game. After getting the Platinum just recently, I feel like it was more of a positive experience than a negative one, but if I had to grade it, I'd place it somewhere near the middle of the spectrum.

I'll make this list just PS3 games that I have played, in no particular order. I'm only using mediocre games, nothing downright awful (opinions may differ)

1: Assassin's Creed III

2: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

3: Dante's Inferno

4: Haze

5: Naughty Bear

6: Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

7: Skylanders Swap Force

8: Tales From The Borderlands

9: Timeshift

10: Wonderbook Series

• 1 month later...