What Motorstorm i should pick ?

Natsuu24

Well, since they aren't selling MotorStorm 1 and Pacific Rift digitally, you don't have many choices. 3D Rift is a glorified demo of Pacific Rift... then there's Apocalypse and RC, and again Arctic Edge, but it's for PSP.

Apocalypse is not bad but it has a huge flaw: it's online-oriented, content unlocking wise. You'll spend several days (if not weeks) to unlock all the vehicles and parts. Even if you're grinding with two controllers!

RC is completely different from the other chapters, but personally i enjoyed it. It has vehicles and tracks from all the other games.

Edited by Lance_87

Apocalypse is the best one you'd ever choose. The game is great and fantastic!

Pacific Rift is now an unobtainable plat if you're deciding to get it for trophies. I never played PR, so I can't really compare it with Apocalypse.

yep a large chunk of trophy's are unobtainable as a result when the servers shut down on pacific rift :(.

if you get motorstorm RC, you can sync between the vita and the other system it was ps3 i think.

they each get the other's trophy's. just one or two of them do not sync but can be done relatively quickly.

Edited by kingdrake2

Now that I read other responses...

Do you guys really think Apocalypse is grindy?

If I remember correctly, it was 30-40 hours Plat with max 10 hours MP grinding that can be done solo with two controllers.

Well, I mean, I did it legit, so it probably took me longer. Only had one controller, at the time, and online was still fairly active then. So, I just kept playing online races until I got it. But even 10 hours can be grindy, when you're not enjoying it at all. Having just come off of a Tomb Raider double Plat, I can attest to this. Running health packs to the goal over and over and over and over and over.. Where am I? I'ma go lie down. 

• Like 1

Well i completed RC and Apocalypse and must say i enjoyed RC more... one thing is though it has no mp mode :D

Apoclaypse wasn't my taste because i crashed every few seconds with an obstacle and nontheless i managed to win most races on normal or medium difficulty :D

RC was easier and i could keep track waaaaay better than in Apocalypse... i won every race :D ... oh and there are different race types in RC which i enjoyed...

Thinking about Trophies i think RC is easier and i had so much fun that i bought both dlc to get to 100%. Apocalypse was difficultier even with gaining mp trophies in splitscreen....

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Well i completed RC and Apocalypse and must say i enjoyed RC more... one thing is though it has no mp mode :D

Apoclaypse wasn't my taste because i crashed every few seconds with an obstacle and nontheless i managed to win most races on normal or medium difficulty :D

RC was easier and i could keep track waaaaay better than in Apocalypse... i won every race :D ... oh and there are different race types in RC which i enjoyed...

Thinking about Trophies i think RC is easier and i had so much fun that i bought both dlc to get to 100%. Apocalypse was difficultier even with gaining mp trophies in splitscreen....

There are different race types in Apocalypse too, several different ones IIRC.

Now that I read other responses...

Do you guys really think Apocalypse is grindy?

If I remember correctly, it was 30-40 hours Plat with max 10 hours MP grinding that can be done solo with two controllers.

I didn't mention trophies, i was talking about actual in-game unlockables. Some games aren't "completed" even if you get all the trophies.

Yeah, online trophies are fairly easy even today. You can get all but two online trophies with two controllers, and for the remaining two, you only need to play normally with whoever you'll meet online.

ps: you could even unlock all Part Challenges with two controllers... and something inserted in the R2 trigger, really. Even the hardest challenge which requires to wreck someone else multiple times could be done by yourself.

ps2: if you ever decide to grab Pacific Rift, make sure to get all free DLC skins, because some can be used to unlock certain vehicles (but only with that skin) no longer obtainable due to server shutdown.

Edited by Lance_87