No Man's Sky Trophy List Discussion Thread

Aranea Highwind

Hell yeah! If this is true, getting the platinum is basically a tutorial of the game. :D

Indeed, I said something along those lines as well. And I don't mind this one bit.

Personally, I think this is a great list which accentuates some different aspects of the space exploration. When you have the platinum, you should be well on your way of figuring out how this game works and how to get the most out of the rest of your playtime.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why the game has been listed as "No Man's Sky Trophies".

I know I'm being a bit nit picky but I would like the word "Trophies" taken out of the name.

I already messaged Sly (the owner of the site) about this and he'll likely fix it when he gets back in a few hours. Once the upcoming major site update releases soon I'd be able to easily fix things like this =D

• Like 1

Eh, I'm moderately excited for this one. I've always kind of wanted to have a game where I could endlessly explore a vast universe, sort of making up my own world and story as I go along with it.

Can't say that I'm going to get it day one or full price though. Especially with some of the negativity that seems to be going around about it lately. I'll probably just wait for the game to be out for a while before I make my own decision on it.

As for the trophies, they look a little grindy, but not terrible or anything. Wish the images were a little cooler though.

After reading whole spoiler topic from reddit and neogaf and seeing this trophy list, I'm almost sure we are dealing with really overhyped mediocre game.

And belive me, I also want this game to be super fun. But the trophy list is just stating the fact, that whole game is about walking and flying from planet to planet... Nothing more :(

After reading whole spoiler topic from reddit and neogaf and seeing this trophy list, I'm almost sure we are dealing with really overhyped mediocre game.

And belive me, I also want this game to be super fun. But the trophy list is just stating the fact, that whole game is about walking and flying from planet to planet... Nothing more :(

To be honest though, pure exploration has been the idea from the start so it shouldn't really be new information. The hype is there because apparently many people love the idea of just walking and flying, exploring new worlds...

I'm okay with this. Immersing myself in this art style, wondering what else is out there... and who else is out there... it will be my "chill game".

I'm okay with this. Immersing myself in this art style, wondering what else is out there... and who else is out there... it will be my "chill game".

Sounds like you're going to play it like I do. Binge the first few days, then play for an hour or so every day while keeping up with other games alongside it for weeks or months afterwards.

• Like 1

To be honest though, pure exploration has been the idea from the start so it shouldn't really be new information. The hype is there because apparently many people love the idea of just walking and flying, exploring new worlds...

Don't get your hopes up though. The leaked screenshots show just how little diversity there really is.

Don't get your hopes up though. The leaked screenshots show just how little diversity there really is.

Don't know what screenshots you have seen but I've seen many different worlds and beasts already... Asteroids, oceans, ice worlds, deserts, woods... Brachiosaurus, rhinoceros, antelope, dwarf stegosaurus, stuff so weird I don't even have an earth metaphor at the ready...

I will admit that this game has been so hyped that for many people there will be no other option than to feel let down after playing the game. I have a good feeling about the game myself though. At the very least I'll find a nice niche for myself somewhere and enjoy my own little planet. Something with lots of ocean, a few tropical islands and about half a dozen moons or planets in the sky would be nice. Not that I'm picky, but a parasaurolophus or protoceratops would seal the deal.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're going to play it like I do. Binge the first few days, then play for an hour or so every day while keeping up with other games alongside it for weeks or months afterwards.

More like "whenever I find time to play it, I'll be starry-eyed". But that also means that I don't have to stress over missables and feats requiring high skill. And starting next week, I'll hardly have more time or energy for two months :\ But this is just the ideal release for that.

And I just love the atmosphere, even if it's just this, even if it's just a big box of nothing, this is my game. It has been since I was a child, long before it's development. They just made the dream real. I firmly believe in this game.

(Also, make sure you never quote this comment when I post my raging negative review rant in two weeks :D)

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

Don't worry about the length of the game! There is no end, as such. After you've explored ALL 18 Quintillion planets that are in the game, then you're basically done! :D  For me, I'm satisfied with the trophy list. Nice and chill for all the Chill-Space Explorers out there B) Can't wait to play this! :awesome:

• Like 1

More like "whenever I find time to play it, I'll be starry-eyed". But that also means that I don't have to stress over missables and feats requiring high skill. And starting next week, I'll hardly have more time or energy for two months :\ But this is just the ideal release for that.

And I just love the atmosphere, even if it's just this, even if it's just a big box of nothing, this is my game. It has been since I was a child, long before it's development. They just made the dream real. I firmly believe in this game.

(Also, make sure you never quote this comment when I post my raging negative review rant in two weeks :D)

I hope I remember this post when my quota of likes is refilled.

And yes it's nice that the trophies do not require you to go out of your way, now you can just play the game and chill and not be distracted.

Once I've played a few full days in the game I'll wind down a bit for sure but if it's even half as relaxing as I think it is, I will keep booting this up in between other games for the rest of the year.

Aside from the "chill factor"... I started to think about what the true appeal of the game is, to me. Call it confirmation bias, if you'd like, but...

I think the true sense of wonder lies within its vague multiplayer component. I mean, isn't this the core of all science-fiction and scientific curiousity? You'll go on about the procedurally generated worlds until its novelty fades, but... you'll know that some other players are out there. Statistically, you'll never meet any of them, nor will you visit other people's planets. But imagine... what if you do meet somebody? This would feel like an actual scientific discovery, a true sense of a "first contact" experience.

I know I would be giddy as fuuk.

But therein lies my fear about this game as well, that it won't provide this feeling, if a few months from now the quantity and size of the universe proves to be false and the game is filled with planets discovered by fukcturd012 and named after various excrement puns.

I hope I remember this post when my quota of likes is refilled.

Well, this comment is a good substitute :D

Edited by fbdbh

Don't worry about the length of the game!

I'm aware of the length of the game but what if after exploring 100-200 planets all the next ones are just remakes of others making the gameplay boring and tedious? That's why I might wait a bit to see what people think.

Aside from the "chill factor"... I started to think about what the true appeal of the game is, to me. Call it confirmation bias, if you'd like, but...

I think the true sense of wonder lies within its vague multiplayer component. I mean, isn't this the core of all science-fiction and scientific curiousity? You'll go on about the procedurally generated worlds until its novelty fades, but... you'll know that some other players are out there. Statistically, you'll never meet any of them, nor will you visit other people's planets. But imagine... what if you do meet somebody? This would feel like an actual scientific discovery, a true sense of a "first contact" experience.

I know I would be giddy as fuuk.

But therein lies my fear about this game as well, that it won't provide this feeling, if a few months from now the quantity and size of the universe proves to be false and the game is filled with planets discovered by fukcturd012 and named after various excrement puns.

What amazed me the most about this post is that you can rename stuff. I thought the names had been generated as well...

A little bit of digging confirmed that there are generated latin names, but you can rename as well. The developers foresaw people being dicks though and the procedurally generated name will display much more prominently:

Upon discovering a new planet, animal or plant, it's uploaded to the servers. The next person to come across said planet, animal or plant will see that you discovered it. If you encounter a dinosaur and decide to name it "Awesomesaurus," every subsequent explorer will know that you discovered and named it first. Incidentally, each animal and plant gets a "Latin name," which is displayed much more prominently than the player-designated name, "because we know that you're going to call it 'Penis Monster' or whatever," says Murray. "We just don't want the whole universe to become filled with penis monsters."

I'm aware of the length of the game but what if after exploring 100-200 planets all the next ones are just remakes of others making the gameplay boring and tedious? That's why I might wait a bit to see what people think.

To be honest though most people will not get to 100 planets, let alone past 200. Yes, a lot will be fairly similar. A rock planet close to a hot star with similar atmosphere will generate creatures that look alike, maybe with a palette swap. Part of the fun is finding that one unique planet that has everything right for you.

Looking at those timestamps though he does seem to be gaming full days on this. That looks like 20-30 hours played easily.

Nowadays nothing amazes me ! I believe this game is 20-30 hours too but when you see for example uncharted 4 a certain guy getting platinum in 1 hour, 30 minutes you cant be amazed :P

Nowadays nothing amazes me ! I believe this game is 20-30 hours too but when you see for example uncharted 4 a certain guy getting platinum in 1 hour, 30 minutes you cant be amazed :P

I used to be an achievement hunter but these days I can't stand it any more. For games like Uncharted 4, I even just turn off the trophy notifications so they don't distract me. I happily said goodbye to that game after finishing the story and getting less than half the trophies. I may return to it eventually for a second playthrough, perhaps even getting some more trophies but for now I'm on to the next game I won't 100%.

I don't mean No Man's Sky with that by the way, with a trophy list like this and how many hours I plan on sinking into it, I have no doubt that I've obtained that platinum before I'm even close to finished with it.