Persona 5 coming to Europe on February 14, 2017

Venocide

Excuse me a minute while I cancel my US copy. 

Persona 5 will be launching in Europe and PAL territories on February 14, 2017 for PS3 and PS4.

According to a tweet from Official Deep Silver's Twitter account, the game will be launching simultaneously in the US and Europe.

In addition, the game's Take Your Heart Premium Edition will be available for €90 / £80, while the standard edition will cost €70 / £55 on PS4, and €50 / £40 on PS3.

This special edition comes with a a copy of the game plus steelbook case, a 64 page hardcover art book, a soundtrack CD, a school bag, and a 4-inch Morgana plush inside the box. 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/09/persona-5-european-release-date-announced

Same day as NA... and I was convinced we wouldn't see it late that year. 

Edited by Venocide

80 pounds is a decent price when the NA version is for 75% that price? =D

Pshaw, we EU peasants must be happy that we'll get it at the same time US kings do, and not, let's say, after one year delay and digital-only.

Hell, the standard edition is crazy pricey for me, I won't even dare to wish for the special one.

Persona 5.. i have heard so much hype about this game here and also some other places recently.. but frankly i never heard about this series( assuming it to be 5th..in series..) in my part of the world.. it looks a bit strange sort of game.. well i havent really played too many jrpg in any case.. but seriously i have been playing pc games for a decade and now ps4 games.. this is something i have clearly missed.. is it such a great series?? And what makes it so awesome?? If someone can help me with a small description..

( assuming it to be 5th..in series..) 

Technically, it's 3rd... heck, maybe 2nd.

Because west pretty much knows Persona 4 and maybe Persona 3.

Some people may vaguely remember Persona 2.

But that something like Persona 1 ever existed is shrouded in mystery =D 

The hype of P5 comes mainly from P4.

Persona 5.. i have heard so much hype about this game here and also some other places recently.. but frankly i never heard about this series( assuming it to be 5th..in series..) in my part of the world.. it looks a bit strange sort of game.. well i havent really played too many jrpg in any case.. but seriously i have been playing pc games for a decade and now ps4 games.. this is something i have clearly missed.. is it such a great series?? And what makes it so awesome?? If someone can help me with a small description..

It's hard to say... simply said, it's what JRPGs are all about. 

Story with characters you like, turn based combat and dating simulation :awesome:

• Like 1

Pretty great news. I still have quite a few older Persona games on my backlog that I want to clear before starting P5 (not to mention games from other series that I want to try as well, always good to get some variety in between) and with a new job, it's going to be nigh on impossible to get my hands on this baby by February, but I don't really mind. That way, by the time I get to it, plenty of people will have already tried it out and made plenty of guides, which will only make my own journey all the more easy.

Since the game was originally exclusive to the PS3, that's the version I'm going to get. It's cheaper and since the PS4 version is only a port, it most likely won't have any exclusive content or even improved performance. And it's been long since I've cared for collector's editions.

To be fair, Persona 1 and Persona 2 are VERY different games. The series only really became something worth talking about once Persona 3 hit, but maybe that's a controversial opinion.  :P

Also it's funny that Persona gained a ton of its popularity from P4G. A Vita game! Who would of thought it?  xD

• Like 2

The hype of P5 comes mainly from P4.

It's hard to say... simply said, it's what JRPGs are all about. 

Story with characters you like, turn based combat and dating simulation :awesome:

lol well i had no idea about how many games were there in the series.. just went with the number 5.. well i think i know why i didnot know about the game.. turn based combat games are rare and arent to famous in my part of the world.. though turn based combat games can be real fun.. one and only turn based combat i ever had played was divinity orignal sin..and well got to say i liked it a lot.. just want to have a game like that but couldnt find one... seems like i might just go for this game when it comes.

To be fair, Persona 1 and Persona 2 are VERY different games. The series only really became something worth talking about once Persona 3 hit, but maybe that's a controversial opinion.  :P

Just because they did not have social links, how weeb :awesome: P1 and P2 are the true SMTs so yea, they are technically not Persona =D

Like yea, I also started with P3 =D (And we all know P3 > P4 :awesome:)

Also it's funny that Persona gained a ton of its popularity from P4G. A Vita game! Who would of thought it?  xD

No waaaaaaaaaaaay! :awesome:

turn based combat games are rare and arent to famous in my part of the world.. 

It seems India is more far from Japan than I thought xD

Interesting. But it could be due to missing JRPGs all together, I guess? Because majority of JRPGs are turn based.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Just got a copy of the collectors edition so I can cancel my us Amazon order, very pleased, can not wait for this to drop!

So glad that I'm single so I can spend the whole day playing this and eating my body weight in chocolate on Valentine's when it's released

Just because they did not have social links, how weeb :awesome: P1 and P2 are the true SMTs so yea, they are technically not Persona =D

Like yea, I also started with P3 =D (And we all know P3 > P4 :awesome:)

No waaaaaaaaaaaay! :awesome:

It seems India is more far from Japan than I thought xD

Interesting. But it could be due to missing JRPGs all together, I guess? Because majority of JRPGs are turn based.

well india aint a country where video games are famous.. people here know less about gaming.. basically we know about triple aaa games.. u can get idea from the fact that my country rank is 1400 something.. even though i am level 7 in psn..lol.. people here know about call of duty.. assasin creeds.. gta.. and such games.. people hardly play dark souls or bloodbornes here..jrpg is totaly different story.. recently dark souls2 was nowhere availaible in india.. i had to get it shipped it from playasia.. on psn it was double the price.. so downloading wasnt an option..but yeah thanx.. i think i will play it..looks like it will be a good game.. p4 is not availaible for ps4 so.. i will have to start with p5 only..

Why would you stomp Morgana plushie? :/

Go for it! The LE is worth for that bag alone =D

Because I'm Disney evil! :awesome:

But seriously though, it's because it's too KAWAIII! :o

Yeah, I think I'm going for the CE, since the price very decent ( I expected it to cost over 110€)

And I want that plushie... for research.

That school bag is going to be perfect replacement for my old trash can...

Well, you won't be missing much. Each main Persona game has a standalone story with new characters, much like the Final Fantasy or Tales of games.

p4 is not availaible for ps4 so.. i will have to start with p5 only..

You should get a Vita just for P4G, which is why I mainly got one and it's totally worth it :D.

• Like 1