This game is quite fun

starcrunch061

Couldn't you just say that the game is horrible.

Well, if you insist. The game is horrible!

I concur. Just did the Christmas episode. So many great references. :')

Agreed. Games (and media in general) so often screw up the nostalgia thing, but I find that it's done well here. It's good enough that I'm sure the misspelling if "successfully" when you save from your notebook is clearly intentional.

I have a "Get High on Life" poster in my basement mancave.

Hmmmm... I find the game fun for the first 2 chapters but unfortunately, for next chapters, the gameplay become too repetitive for me. But, must admit, some of the refences are quite nostalgic and funny..

I can see that (particularly now that I am going for level 50). But the nostalgia kept me entertained. I love the side quests.

• Like 1

Sounds like a normal day in RPG business =D

Just play the game for an hour and let's see if you will still use that smiley after experiencing the battle system. :P

I'm not that far into the game (I'm in the middle of episode 3) but I'm already annoyed of it. This whole scratching system is quite tedious and I hope the analog stick of my DS4 will survive this.

IMO the game's basic premise of referencing all those 80's and 90's shows is nice at first but it feels to packed as there are too many references in some parts. So far I'm glad that I only spend $3 for this game.

• Like 2

Hmmmm... I find the game fun for the first 2 chapters but unfortunately, for next chapters, the gameplay become too repetitive for me. But, must admit, some of the refences are quite nostalgic and funny..

I am at that point now. I am grinding out level 50 and stickers and the combat is just not good enough to keep you entertained.

Also the references are good up to a point but you need more to a story than just "remember that thing you liked from the 80s...here it is again" It is what Family Guy does as oppose to what Mel Brook does

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I was going to break my left stick while grinding. 

Also the references are good up to a point but you need more to a story than just "remember that thing you liked from the 80s...here it is again" It is what Family Guy does as oppose to what Mel Brook does

Definitely (although I would use the example of the first 8 seasons of The Simpsons to Mel Brooks), but I did find some other aspects funny. I really got a kick out of silly puns like Private Johnson. What can I say? I'm low brow.

I thought I was going to break my left stick while grinding. 

Definitely (although I would use the example of the first 8 seasons of The Simpsons to Mel Brooks), but I did find some other aspects funny. I really got a kick out of silly puns like Private Johnson. What can I say? I'm low brow.

I am actually rewatching my Simpsons DVDs right now and they are the first 8 seasons. Season 9 is OK but it really got bad later on. But yeah a good Simpsons parody is when Homer and Ned were friends and Homer is chasing after their car with golf putters and hangs on to the back. If you haven't seen Terminator 2 it is funny but if you know where the reference came from it is even funnier.

New Simpsons (and most new humour) would have been "Hey look, Homer is like that Terminator in that Terminator movie".

Another great Simpsons Parody that I literally never got until I watched it yesterday was when Mr. Burns became self-sufficient but then Homer knocks him out of the window. Smithers is feeding Burns peanuts (while Burns is in traction) and Burn's mannerisms are exactly like Alex from the end of  A Clockwork Orange. The second I realized that the scene became even funnier but all of the other times I had seen it were still funny to me :)

So yeah...references are good if done well an aren't too on the nose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that grind to level 50 was the worst part. Did the same fight, same actions, and same scratching stickers activity over 100 times. Probably.

I wouldn't hate this grind so much if it weren't for the sticker scratching. I actually put the game down for a week because I was stuck and hated the scratching.

Overall, I've enjoyed this game. The references are fun and the humor is campy and has a fun tone. Best I've played? Nah, but definitely worth the $3 I spent on it. Pretty easy plat too.

• Like 1