Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy Requirements

GTAJJ

So I recently went through the game following the guide to get all trophies in a playthrough, but I did not receive Foxiest of the Hounds.

I loaded up my save before the boss to check and intentionally set off an alarm and got the tutorial notification. I'm positive I never set off an alarm and the tutorial should prove that.

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So I recently went through the game following the guide to get all trophies in a playthrough, but I did not receive Foxiest of the Hounds.

I loaded up my save before the boss to check and intentionally set off an alarm and got the tutorial notification. I'm positive I never set off an alarm and the tutorial should prove that.

Am I missing something?

I always feel a certain tension when playing a Deus Ex game for this exact reason.   I dread that happening to me.  Please post an update if you figure it out or have to play the game over again...

I'm just starting the game myself so I can't help. I just hope I can avoid it..

On 4/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Am I missing something?

Nope, happened to me aswell, i'm 100% sure i didn't set off any allarm, maybe happened offscreen.

Fortunatelly i still had to do the "one life" playtrough so i did it there anyway

On 05/09/2020 at 1:02 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Am I missing something?

I saw you have obtained the trophy. What did you do differently this time? I would love to know. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

So, I've been playing the game up to the end of mission 13 GARM. Moreover, I've also done most of the side missions.

I followed almost every advice on the internet for the main missions: went through the elevator shaft at the end of mission 10; always got smooth operator in mission 12; got smooth operator at the end of mission 13 (also contacted Vega). My question is, if I fail to obtain Foxiest on my first playthrough, is it better to do it on new game plus or I Never Asked for This?

I love this game. Thank you!

EDIT:

I got :gold: Foxiest on my first playthrough. Woohoo! Thank you for all the tips here. :)

Edited by zizimonster

• 4 weeks later...

Okay.... I just checked the guide menu and have the alarm tutorial there??? I'm quite sure it didn't pop on my screen cause I was paying attention to them. I'm halfway through my I Never Asked For This playthorough so I won't reload, but this is dumb.... Good thing is that I have a older save from which the 1st playthourgh so I can do NG++ afterwards. I'll post the results whether I've got the trophy or not here later.

This also happened to me. Did pretty much a 100% perfect ghost/no kills/no alarms playthrough first time. Everything popped but the no alarms trophy. Was quite sure there couldn't have been an alarm.

My theory back at the time was that there's at least one side mission or smaller objective that for some reason does not award the smooth operator bonus when you finish it, and this would be the reason the trophy/achievement fails.

Either way, the solution is to just do a speedrun of the game where you stealth through the main missions. Takes a few hours and you gotta do it anyway.

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

This also happened to me. Did pretty much a 100% perfect ghost/no kills/no alarms playthrough first time. Everything popped but the no alarms trophy. Was quite sure there couldn't have been an alarm.

My theory back at the time was that there's at least one side mission or smaller objective that for some reason does not award the smooth operator bonus when you finish it, and this would be the reason the trophy/achievement fails.

Either way, the solution is to just do a speedrun of the game where you stealth through the main missions. Takes a few hours and you gotta do it anyway.

It didn't pop, as expected :/ , I have the suspicion that I actually triggered an alarm for losing the debate against Rucker, but I'm not sure. I had no idea if you lost he could trigger a silent alarm and enemies will storm the office after his death.

Edited by maxstirner_2015

I’ve popped Foxiest today. I didn’t get it on my first play through because I know I had triggered a few alarms during side missions. I wasn’t too bothered by it as the plat requires two play throughs anyway.

I’d personally found Foxiest easiest to complete on the highest difficulty. By this point I had completed all of the side mission trophies and only had to focus on main missions. I played stealthy with the stun gun and only attacked enemies if necessary. I didn’t hack unless it was necessary to progress with a main mission. I restarted my save if I had triggered an alarm or an enemy spotted me long enough to turn hostile. A really good way of knowing if you’ve tripped an alarm is by checking the tutorial page, if the alarm tutorial is present in the list then you’ve voided the trophy.

Some important points:

1. I won the debate with Talos Rucker.

2. I chose Allison over The Heist and won the debate with Allison.

3. At the GARM Facility I chose to contact Vega to avoid an alarm later on.

4. At the Apex Centre in London, on the level where Slater’s Office is located, I’d hacked two security laptops in the area then took down all the guards in the Central Security Office to avoid an alarm later on.

5. In the Reception area I took down all 11 guards to avoid an alarm later on.

6. I’d saved the Delegates.

7. I’d dealt with Marchenko using the kill switch.

On 14/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, Emina said:

I’ve popped Foxiest today. I didn’t get it on my first play through because I know I had triggered a few alarms during side missions. I wasn’t too bothered by it as the plat requires two play throughs anyway.

I’d personally found Foxiest easiest to complete on the highest difficulty. By this point I had completed all of the side mission trophies and only had to focus on main missions. I played stealthy with the stun gun and only attacked enemies if necessary. I didn’t hack unless it was necessary to progress with a main mission. I restarted my save if I had triggered an alarm or an enemy spotted me long enough to turn hostile. A really good way of knowing if you’ve tripped an alarm is by checking the tutorial page, if the alarm tutorial is present in the list then you’ve voided the trophy.

Some important points:

1. I won the debate with Talos Rucker.

2. I chose Allison over The Heist and won the debate with Allison.

3. At the GARM Facility I chose to contact Vega to avoid an alarm later on.

4. At the Apex Centre in London, on the level where Slater’s Office is located, I’d hacked two security laptops in the area then took down all the guards in the Central Security Office to avoid an alarm later on.

5. In the Reception area I took down all 11 guards to avoid an alarm later on.

6. I’d saved the Delegates.

7. I’d dealt with Marchenko using the kill switch.

Nice, I've popped mine earlier today as well. I played on Give Me a Challenge on NG+, it was very easy and with all my items from the previous playthrough I barely had to explore. My choices were similar to yours, the only thing I did differently was doing the Heist mission. I'd like to point a few other things though:

1) Failing most remote hacks is fine. The only remote hacks, to my notice, which trigger an alarm upon failure are the ones that deploy the corporate vaults inside Palisade. Given that is perfectly possible to make the way up to the top without hacking them remotely, I'd not touch them. Or at least I'd make a save before trying to hack them or just go to the standard hacking panel beside the key card reader to hack them.

2) Using the Ice Drill seems to be kosher if you choose the "scold" option during the dialogue that intervenes. However, enemies in this area seem to go a little crazy from time to time and start searching at random, so be wary of that.

3) In my last two playthroughs I got lucky and the drones that appear after meeting Janus didn't even go into “searching” status. Using cloak and going back up through the ladders remain to be the best decision, anyways.

4) Losing the debate against Talos Rucker doesn't seem to trigger an alarm, but the enemies will storm his office after his death and will stay there searching for you indefinitely.

5) The alarm tutorial is easily overlooked if you are searching for new items because they pop in the right side of the screen one after the other; checking the menu from time to time is advisable.

6) I dealt with Marchenko first using the killswitch and then saved the delegates. I don't think the order matters if all 11 enemies of the first area are taken down silently.

7) Sticking to the main objectives doesn't void the trophy. As mentioned above, the only optional objective that needs to be accomplished to avoid an alarm is taking down all 11 enemies quietly in London.

Good luck to everyone trying to get this, it's not as bad as it looks. Save often and pay careful attention to the manner the enemies are reacting.

Edited by maxstirner_2015
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

Nice, I've popped mine earlier today as well. I played on Give Me a Challenge on NG+, it was very easy and with all my items from the previous playthrough I barely had to explore. My choices were similar to yours, the only thing I did differently was doing the Heist mission. I'd like to point a few other things though:

1) Failing most remote hacks is fine. The only remote hacks, to my notice, which trigger an alarm upon failure are the ones that deploy the corporate vaults inside Palisade. Given that is perfectly possible to make the way up to the top without hacking them remotely, I'd not touch them. Or at least I'd make a save before trying to hack them or just go to the standard hacking panel beside the key card reader to hack them.

2) Using the Ice Drill seems to be kosher if you choose the "scold" option during the dialogue that intervenes. However, enemies in this area seem to go a little crazy from time to time and start searching at random, so be wary of that.

3) In my last two playthroughs I got lucky and the drones that appear after meeting Janus didn't even go into “searching” status. Using cloak and going back up through the ladders remains the best decision, anyways.

4) Losing the debate against Talos Rucker doesn't seem to trigger an alarm, but the enemies will storm his office after his death and will stay there searching for you indefinitely.

5) The alarm tutorial is easily overlooked if you are searching for new items because they popped in the right side of the screen one after the other; checking the menu from time to time is advisable.

6) I dealt with Marchenko first using the killswitch and then saved the delegates. I don't think the order matters if all 11 enemies of the first area are taken down silently.

7) Sticking to the main objectives doesn't void the trophy. As mentioned above, the only optional objective that needs to be accomplished to avoid an alarm is taking down all 11 enemies quietly in London.

Good luck to everyone trying to get this, it's not as bad as it looks. Save often and pay careful attention to the manner the enemies are reacting.

To touch on your point about remote hacks, I had failed two - one at the GARM facility (laser grid) and one at the Apex Centre (camera) due to my hastiness and neither of them seemed to trigger anything. They went red for a few seconds then back to normal so I didn’t reload my save and everything was fine in the end. But still be careful for anyone who is reading this.

I also used “scold” for the guard when drilling the ice. By the way there’s a ladder to remote hack at the back of the room once the drilling is done, for anyone who literally wants to escape all enemies in the first hangar. Can climb on top of the yellow scaffolding here and then into the hole in the ice you've just drilled.

Definitely save often, keep checking the tutorial section for the alarm tutorial. If you’re doing the permadeath run just stay stealthy and cloak when necessary, it’s so much easier than playing aggressively and potentially triggering alarms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Failed this on my first run through, not sure what I did to void it. May have been the infamous drones in the sewers after the Janus meeting. Did a quick run through on "I Didn't Ask for This" following a video and got the trophy for that and Foxiest of the Hounds without having to do another full playthrough.

It's crazy how fast you can speed run this game if you know the tricks and shortcuts (and skip cutscenes). I bet you could do it in less than 2 hours. Might take slightly longer if you are also trying for no alarms (mainly for the 11 guards in the last section), but certainly below 3 hours.

EDIT: Just to help clarify some earlier questions: I DID use the drill shortcut in Garm. I also chose the bank heist mission rather than the Machine God one. Pretty sure I also missed at least one Ghost bonus when the video I was following had it pop up, not sure why but it doesn't seem to have mattered.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Failed this on my first run through, not sure what I did to void it. May have been the infamous drones in the sewers after the Janus meeting. Did a quick run through on "I Didn't Ask for This" following a video and got the trophy for that and Foxiest of the Hounds without having to do another full playthrough.

It's crazy how fast you can speed run this game if you know the tricks and shortcuts (and skip cutscenes). I bet you could do it in less than 2 hours. Might take slightly longer if you are also trying for no alarms (mainly for the 11 guards in the last section), but certainly below 3 hours.

EDIT: Just to help clarify some earlier questions: I DID use the drill shortcut in Garm. I also chose the bank heist mission rather than the Machine God one. Pretty sure I also missed at least one Ghost bonus when the video I was following had it pop up, not sure why but it doesn't seem to have mattered.

I avoided those pesky drones in the sewers at all cost. I went up the elevator shaft fully cloaked. Fully-upgraded Glass-shield Cloaking and Sarif Series 8 Energy Converter helped a lot, too. :)

• 11 months later...

More results for the pile, after getting Pacifist but no Foxiest of the Hounds, and having a small panic:

- I avoided any open conflict, and barely even fired my guns. I did put guards/turrets/cameras into suspicious a few times, but never anything more.

- When escaping the drones after meeting Janus, I went down into the sewers. The drones went into searching mode, but no alarm.

- I did not take the drill shortcut in the GARM facility.

- I tried a non-lethal takedown on Marchenko, hitting him with an EMP and then a cloaked takedown. No trophy pop.

- I reloaded my final save, used the shortcut from the delegate room, and used the killswitch. Trophy pop!

If people are following the missable trophy guide, I suspect they're underestimating how fast alerts fire in that final fight. Try upgrading your cloak to remain cloaked during takedowns, or just use the killswitch.

What a weird game.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

- When escaping the drones after meeting Janus, I went down into the sewers. The drones went into searching mode, but no alarm.

- I reloaded my final save, used the shortcut from the delegate room, and used the killswitch. Trophy pop!

- It is better not to go down the sewers after meeting Janus. I just went back the way I came by climbing up the ladder while being fully-cloaked with full energy bar. Micro-Assembler aug helped a lot for crafting batteries. :D

- Yeah, I did the same thing, and I believe it's recommended in the guide to just use the killswitch on Marchenko. That secret door in delegates room, however, makes things soooo much easier. :yay:

Congratulations, by the way! :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just done my second playthrough and only got the pacifist and still no foxy hound. I had no issues with human revolution but this game is a pain in the arse for its requirement. No idea what I could have done wrong this time unless reloading a save doesn't cancel out an alarm or something. 

And these credits take the piss. 

EDIT

HAHA! Got it. So after seeing someone mention about the alarm tab info I reloaded my last save and noticed I never had it. This time I used the kill switch and after the cutscenes the foxy trophy popped. No doubt thats what you're supposed to do and once again my inability to check a guide for more than four seconds resulted in rage tears at ball hair. 

I think I may do the DLC before doing the hard mode. I want to get some kills and stuff on that and it would also be cool to end the 100% completion that way. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

• 6 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 1:37 AM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

- I tried a non-lethal takedown on Marchenko, hitting him with an EMP and then a cloaked takedown. No trophy pop.

If people are following the missable trophy guide, I suspect they're underestimating how fast alerts fire in that final fight.

My experience exactly! I carefully hit him with the taser/takedown combo while cloaked, saw no alarm notifications, yet I only unlocked Pacifist. Following the ridiculously long (and unskippable) credit sequence, I reloaded a pre-encounter save to try out the killswitch method, and Foxiest popped without issue. Seems that brief moment of Jensen uncloaking is enough to get spotted by the turrets, but since they self-destruct when the boss is defeated, there isn't enough time to notice the alert. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is probably the culprit for a lot of players who have trouble earning the trophy. Definitely make a save before entering the elevator.

Otherwise, I found no alarms in Mankind Divided to be easier than in the first game. With Cloak, Blink Icarus Dash, Tesla, and maxed energy upgrades, you almost have to try to get spotted. Only had to reload a save around five times, due to goof ups. I even witnessed some rather strange occurrences, such as an alerted sewer drone endlessly shooting at the wall after finishing that optional mission where you turn off Richard's brainwashing devices. Also, the police and their drones were in a constant state of searching around Jensen's apartment building at one point, for no discernible reason. Neither of these affected the trophy, obviously.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I also got the Foxiest of the Hounds trophy on my first playthrough. Even though I was a bit nervous and almost paranoid that I might have somehow screwed up somewhere during my run.

What I did/didn’t do during my playthrough:

- Avoided conflict as much as possible. Used cloak and stealth whenever there were guards, security cameras, turrets, robots and laser grids in the area. I also used only non-lethal takedowns as well as the Tranq-Rifle and the EMP-Pistol.

(Invest in cloaking/hacking/energy augmentations as soon as possible to make life easier for you.)

- Used the core driller to bypass a large section of the GARM facility, but NOT before using the “Scold"- option during the conversation.

- Called Vega before M13 though I’ve read somewhere that even if you call Miller instead the game might make an exception to the no alarms-triggered-rule, but I cannot confirm this as I haven’t tried it. So it’s just better to call Vega anyway.

- Saved before almost every hack. Getting traced and caught (timer runs out before you finish the hack) will definitely void the trophy. However if you are being traced and disconnect before time runs out, it will not void the trophy, it will only cost you one try.

(When in hostile territory, I always tried to find and hack the notebook that was hooked to the security system in the area so that I could get rid of cameras and other nuisances.)

- Didn’t use the killswitch on Marchenko, instead remained cloaked in the left corner of the room until he walked past me and deactivated his Titan shield, then shot him in the back with the EMP-Pistol and took him out non-lethally. Maybe I was a bit lucky at that point that I wasn’t spotted by his drones, or that something else went wrong, but overall it seemed fairly simple to me to take him out and in turn not voiding Foxiest.

(If you are having a hard time with hacking, just craft several Multi-Tools and let them do the work for you without breaking a sweat even on the most difficult Level 5 hacks.)

I also regularly checked the XP bar at the top of the screen to see if I got Ghost and Smooth Operator bonus as often as possible. Know that you will not always get both or even neither of those, even if you perfectly sneaked through an area.

Keep a look out for the Alarm tutorial trigger. If you see it, then it’s clear you failed the trophy, so better reload one of your earlier saves. Luckily for me it never came up, but that’s not a 100% guarantee either.

I must say that even though this trophy is annoying, I still had lots of fun with the game and seeing it finally pop at the end gives you a great feeling of accomplishment and relief.

Now onto "I never asked for this".

#cantkillprogress

Edited by Prototype1690
Better readability
  • Like 3

On 6/18/2023 at 1:23 AM, Prototype1690 said:

Didn’t use the killswitch on Marchenko

It's safest to just activate the killswitch, so Marchenko won't have time to detect the player.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:23 AM, Prototype1690 said:

If you are having a hard time with hacking, just craft several Multi-Tools and let them do the work for you without breaking a sweat even on the most difficult Level 5 hacks

Multi Tool is truly a lifesaver for hacking, especially if you have the Micro Assembler Aug (must own Deluxe Edition of the game).

With said aug, player can craft a lot of Multi Tools since weapons can be broken down into parts, and those parts can be used for making Multi Tools, or anything else, including Batteries for cloaking.

• Like 1