Will PS Plus add PSVR titles?

AncLEoniX

I don't care if they start adding VR titles as long as it doesn't affect the PS4/3/Vita (I mean PSP) titles. I do not now, and cannot imagine ever, have any interest in VR so if it starts affecting the IGC I will be disappointed. I will probably still subscribe for the other benefits, but it will still be disappointing. 

I would love to see PSVR titles in the igc. But as Stevieboy said, I don't think they have ever have released any ps move exclusive games aside from one. 

I don't think Sony ever offered Move controller only games on PS+, so I can't really see them offering VR only games in the future. Part of the idea of the IGC is to offer games to people they might not buy themselves, so by offering VR only games it would potentially cut a large portion of users out.

Wait a minute. Wasn't Sack Boy Prehistoric Moves released for the igc? That was a move only game.

Edited by demonoid321

Wait a minute. Wasn't Sack Boy Prehistoric Moves released for the igc? That was a move only game.

I just checked and indeed it was back in Dec 2010, which was before I had a PS+ sub. That was a Move only game too, so maybe VR only games being offered on PS+ can't be ruled out.

It is used as an controller. So by definition...

It can be used as a controller. The PS3 can be used as a DVD player. Doesn't mean it isn't a console.

The Vita has it's own library of games that can only be played on the Vita. The Vita does not require a PS3 or PS4 to function. It is a standalone console, with other features.

The PSVR may have it's own library of games, but they still require the PS4 to function.

PSVR = peripheral

PSVita = console.

• Like 2

I just checked and indeed it was back in Dec 2010, which was before I had a PS+ sub. That was a Move only game too, so maybe VR only games being offered on PS+ can't be ruled out.

I don't like the way this going, not one bit.

It can be used as a controller. The PS3 can be used as a DVD player. Doesn't mean it isn't a console.

The Vita has it's own library of games that can only be played on the Vita. The Vita does not require a PS3 or PS4 to function. It is a standalone console, with other features.

The PSVR may have it's own library of games, but they still require the PS4 to function.

PSVR = peripheral

PSVita = console.

I would like to agree, but for majority of players, Vita is a peripheral...

Who knows with Sony.   I wouldn't read anything into the Plus price hike, other than they know they can do that and the majority will pay up.   It might depend how well the VR sells, they're not going to, nor will they get away with, putting VR only titles on the IGC...if it is indeed a small audience.   Over time and if it sells really well, possibly, but I'd expect it'd be VR compatible games rather than VR only.   The further we move away from the PS3 era though, they could reduce the PS3 to one game and implement a VR only category...but the VR would need to sell big numbers, I would think, before anything like that stood a chance of happening.

I could see VR compatible games, especially if they want to push the hardware.   Ideally, they could add an extra VR only game, but I dread to think how that might affect the current IGC.