[Concept] PlayStation VR / Move Icons

hC2lEKM.pngQBhzuOw.png

I like this concept better, but would use "Compatible" instead of "Required" as not all games would force you to use them and then searching would be dependant on the member. good idea though, get my like.

EDIT: I think Sly likes things more minimal, maybe remove the writing and let it show up when hovering the icon instead? Also, just the icon should be good when looking at the games list, the whole button would be too much.

EDIT2: The move idea was mine. :(

Edited by TheYuriG

I like this concept better, but would use "Compatible" instead of "Required" as not all games would force you to use them and then searching would be dependant on the member. good idea though, get my like.

My thoughts was that people can know when an accessory is required to play the game in the first place. Otherwise, if a few trophies would require an accessory (such as DLC trophies) there we can have "PS VR Required" as guide tag for Guides creators. "Move Required" is already a tag.

EDIT: Sorry for that Yuri, so now I credited you for the Move idea :D

Edited by Max654

I do think there should be some way to distinguish between regular PS4/PS3 games and something that requires an accessory like PSVR or Move. I'm guessing this would have to be done manually for each game though? I assume things like the platform the game is on is taken from Sony's servers, but I guess there's no way to do that for what you're suggesting.

nLsNmHD.pngyo3hvae.png

I'd prefer something like this tbh. It's less intrusive.

• Like 2

I do think there should be some way to distinguish between regular PS4/PS3 games and something that requires an accessory like PSVR or Move. I'm guessing this would have to be done manually for each game though? I assume things like the platform the game is on is taken from Sony's servers, but I guess there's no way to do that for what you're suggesting.

I'd prefer something like this tbh. It's less intrusive.

Of course, the only one way I see to appear those icons is that PSNProfiles staff adds it manually since Sony's servers don't distinguish between games that you need accessories to play them. What matters for the trophy system is which games are on PS3, PS4 or Vita.

That's why I was thinking the same about a simple icon next to the trophies total so people know if it's a Move or a VR game. The better thing with these icons is that when we place the cursor over the icon a text box says "Move" or "VR required".

Edited by Max654

I'll be third to favor the less intrusive implementation! I really like just the quick logo and all. I do wonder this sometimes, as recently just with Datura I read a guide stating PS Move. I had to ask around if it was 'required' or not. This sort of feature would've eliminated the searching haha.

This is just my opinion... i personally like to see words attached to things - the icon idea is great, but i think the small icons (Demon's post above me [2]) and a single word "VR" or "Move" would do wonders.

Less intrusive than "Move Required" but more obvious than a small icon.

my two cents :P

Edited by SwampGas

I like the idea, but as Yuri said Sly likes things more minimal, I imagine he'd probably end up simply making a "VR" and "Move" console tag on the new site if he ended up doing this. :P

What do you mean by the tag? Personally, I'd see the Move and the VR emblems minimally, next to the console name no matter if it's in the game lists or in a trophy list.

Edited by Max654

What do you mean by the tag? Personally, I'd see the Move and the VR emblems minimally, next to the console name no matter if it's in the game lists or in a trophy list.

The new site update will show the console platforms as "tags" of sorts rather than big logos, it looks kind of like how console listings display on the PS4 trophy lists.

• 4 years later...
On 3/10/2016 at 10:19 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

PJ2ir0Q.png

3I0RTtJ.png

nLsNmHD.pngyo3hvae.png

God! What a great images. I would like to point out that these is way better than we have on the site. I really liked the PS logos instead of the ones that we have right now. Look at the logos you created, they are ELEGANT! I would love things comeback as in 2016, and we still need a Move tag.

• Like 1

We still need a “VR OPT” tag for games that are released as VR only and then later VR is an option to boost sales, etc.

Right now when a VR only game is released it is accounted for correctly on the leaderboards and tagged VR.

Then, the developers make VR optional. Under the current rules the VR tag is removed. So a game I bought 6 months ago to boost my VR rankings no longer counts towards the leaderboards.

we NEED a VR OPT tag or VR in a different color or something. It isn’t right of fair that a game is fully playable in VR but not counting towards the VR leaderboards