PSVR FAQ

tnaires

I think it's because the camera acts like the sensor bar for Wii does?

I'm really just waiting for this thing to die, they have a launch library for it.. but I'm going to treat it a bit like motion gaming from last generation, they aren't going to continue making good games for it.

Also, reading the link, there is a Launch bundle you can buy that pretty much comes with everything you need.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 4

I think it's because the camera acts like the sensor bar for Wii does?

I'm really just waiting for this thing to die, they have a launch library for it.. but I'm going to treat it a bit like motion gaming from last generation, they aren't going to continue making good games for it.

Also, reading the link, there is a Launch bundle you can buy that pretty much comes with everything you need.

As per the FAQ the camera is needed to track your head movements through a LED placed on the top of the device.

Yeah I guess I'm going for the bundle, but still I think it doesn't make sense to sell the camera separately since the PSVR won't work without it.

As per the FAQ the camera is needed to track your head movements through a LED placed on the top of the device.

Yeah I guess I'm going for the bundle, but still I think it doesn't make sense to sell the camera separately since the PSVR won't work without it.

I think it's to prevent people who already purchased the camera having to buy it again.  The camera has been out since launch of PS4 so chances are some people who are buying it already have a camera.  Likely case is, most people who are buying it on launch already have one.

• Like 1

I think it's to prevent people who already purchased the camera having to buy it again.  The camera has been out since launch of PS4 so chances are some people who are buying it already have a camera.  Likely case is, most people who are buying it on launch already have one.

And you know what, in the end I think the price for the bundle is really fair (a difference of only one hundred dollars for two move controllers, a camera and a game), taking into account that if I want to buy a camera separately it will cost around 60 dollars.

I think it would be good if they had two versions of this, as in, the PSVR on its on, and one with the Eye included.  Because I myself don't actually have the Eye, but yet, I do have some interest in the VR myself, but not at launch, cause too expensive.  So of course if I wanted to get the VR, I would also need to get the Eye as well, which is already a bit much on its own.  For me it is anyway, based upon what I get paid right now with a student allowance, which isn't a lot in the end.

• Like 1

I already have the camera. Why the heck would I want two of them?!

But the FAQ says to play it sitting down. ;_;

Who needs advice from the FAQ? Let me be free! :D It's like how the Wii told people to strap their controllers to their wrist before playing. Nobody did that. xD

What doesn't stop us from tripping over the carpet and meeting our doom. I wanna know who can be so courageous to play Outlast on it. I wouldn't LMAO.

Haha, very true. xD I can already see the amount of accidents just waiting to happen when people get their hands on these things.

Horror games are going to be insane with VR. I love horror, but even I'm having second thoughts about playing horror games in VR. I'll probably get a heart attack. :|

• Like 1

I think the VR will suffer the same fate as the Vita or Move. People will buy it day one, yes. But many people will wait to see how it does. Players will want to see AAA games to support the VR. Developers won't want to risk money developing these titles unless they see sales doing well for the device. So developers will wait for people to buy the VR, who ate waiting for AAA titles, which are being held back until the system sells more, which will happen when....well, you get the idea.

you sneaky person you :P

Guilty as charged. :P

BEST

THING

EVER

:DDDDDDD

You just killed me :D

Thanks for a good laugh.

Now onto serious business... VR is discriminating lolis.

Hehe, I'm glad you liked it! :D I was honestly expecting it to come out looking much worse than it did. :P

Whaaaa--? VR would never do such a thing. Lies and slander! xD

I think the VR will suffer the same fate as the Vita or Move. People will buy it day one, yes. But many people will wait to see how it does. Players will want to see AAA games to support the VR. Developers won't want to risk money developing these titles unless they see sales doing well for the device. So developers will wait for people to buy the VR, who ate waiting for AAA titles, which are being held back until the system sells more, which will happen when....well, you get the idea.

Basically one of the reasons I'm thinking about starting on VR right away... I want to show the devs there's a market for it. Not everybody wants AAA games but I agree that a lot of people will wait for a full Battlefront, or for Ace Combat or whatever. Personally, having tried VR, I think it's better in short bursts with little chill games like How We Soar or Gary The Gull. But that's just my opinion.

Not that that will stop me from looking at small AAA games like Batman or X-Wing Mission, or big ones like Ace Combat or Moto Racer 4...

P.S. Sony is being a dick to non-USA markets as always, EU does not get that combo package, we have to buy everything separately...

Edited by BillyHorrible