Playstation VR who's getting it, one week now

Steveatron

Good luck on making a decision, even though I'm looking at different games I was just like this. Personally, I decided to go through with my pre-order a few days ago. Unfortunately only afterwards will you know if you'll regret the decision you've made.

I'm doing it Billy.  I've thought about it and I'm doing it.  Why, because it's what I worked for and saved for.  I know that when FFXV drops I'll play the hell out of it so VR might be reserved for the nights I take some time off.  I've been wanting VR since the 90's and will be upset if I don't jump in now.  I'm really not worried about any of the other things people seem to bring up:  small "games/experiences", sickness, or any of that.  If I don't end up liking it I can sell it.  I know that games are coming for it and I'll have it for when those games drop.  I'll play superhypercube, Eve, Here they lie, and VR worlds before FFXV, then I'll play FF with some VR thrown in, and then we RE7 and Farpoint? (I think that's the name) then I'll play those.  I'm in man.  Maybe we can hook up in sports bar or something else at some point.  Cheers to VR.

• Like 1

Well also one thing is that one of the reviewers said the tracking seems to be lacking. That kinda put me off. Hopefully it ain't that bad. At this point I want VR to be sucessful but not that much that I cannot get a damn base bundle come Black Friday. Good thing is that, most people will be interested in the full bundle, as not many are stupid like me to get the dildos and shit. So that may work out on my favor. But of course, you can always get the base bundle and a pair of dildos off ebay and a "1st gen" PS4 camera as well.

We'll see.

As for the games I'm mostly excited about RIGS. The nice thing is that there will be an overflow of people streaming that shit on launch day so that means more to see for us not getting it launch day.

When is Black Friday again? I'm going to wait with many games for a sale as well, and while Holland does not celebrate black friday or thanksgiving and stuff, the last few years we still had a black friday sale on the PSN store.

November 25th.

My excitement is building, i can almost barely contain myself.

I was told by my local GAME store that the PSVR headsets would be arriving on Monday 10th October (yesterday) so i called the shop today to confirm what i already knew, in that they do actually have the headsets and the store manager whom i am friendly with said 'yep no problem, yours is right here waiting' to which I was really hoping he would say you can get it early if you want, but of course he didn't say that bit lol... what he did say was that I can pop in today and pay off the remainder of what is owed on the headset (I had only paid the initial deposit) so that's exactly what I am going to do in the next hour or so.

He added that the midnight launch is still on if I am interested, initially I wasn't cos I have Japanese class the next day but now... well, I am more than a bit tempted and I feel as guilty as sin about that...

Damn you PSVR, damn you !!

• Like 1

I really hope I'm getting it on Thursday.

Basically, I pre-ordered it through an Australian retailer who were the last ones in Australia to have the day 1 pre-orders (Big W for those who want to know) I'm very skeptical on their reliability for this because I had a bad experience just getting my pre-order. I've emailed them to confirm that they will have units coming on the 13th and they have yet to get back to me with a definitive response.

Already pre-ordered my Move Twin Pack for Thursday and physical copy of Rez Infinite which was originally supposed to be ready at launch.

Very worried. Hoping for the best. :unsure:

Will update when I know more.

They got back to me by email and told me that it was a store issue and not an online issue :rolleyes: , so I went to the store today and they told me that it should be coming on the 13th but they're not too sure. They confirmed that they will contact me by phone on that day if it arrives, so fingers-crossed that they'll be getting units this week. I don't have a PS4 camera so I'll have to purchase one even before I know if I'm getting a PS VR this week.

Until then I'll be on my knees praying to Shuehei Yoshida.

Sony-Shuhei-Yoshida-Pope.jpg

My final update on this thread. Yes, I am getting PS VR in about 21 hours and 36 minutes! B)  I had a final call today and they told me that they had units arrive at their store today! Thank you Shuhei! :D

My Headset will be arriving tomorrow thanks to Shopto, quite good considering I only decided to pre order it last Saturday, have got it bundled with Until Dawn Rush of blood and also bought Super Stardust VR.

I was initially on the fence, one day I must have it the next totally undecided but eventually succumbed to the lure of it, besides I'd saved up the money from loose change in a pot since Xmas so. I hit on the bank account.

I think the success of VR will be determined by the support Sony itself gives to it. It's all well and good 3rd party developers getting on board but it really does need the love from Sony more than anything. My thoughts are that it will succeed and more than a gimmick like 3D tv. I aim to use in in accordance with the regular PS4 games, I don't envisage VR being my main choice of gaming but as an alternative I think they will compliment each other.

There does appear to be a bit of negativity within the thread but surely optimism is the better option, after all if it does succeed then the benefits will be available to all

• Like 2

The store emailed me today saying my pre-order is still up until a week after its release even though i didn't pay the requested advance a few months ago. I was sure on not picking it up for a long time (i was going to wait until gen 2 dropped) but i can't help but get excited right now. I'm seriously considering on picking one up tomorrow. I have tried VR (one of those cheap ones where you have to slide your phone in) before and i absolutely loved it. Although i'm still conflicted. I don't want to spend 520€ (PSVR + Camera + Game) that'll collect dust due to lack of support.

What to do, what to do...

The store emailed me today saying my pre-order is still up until a week after its release even though i didn't pay the requested advance a few months ago. I was sure on not picking it up for a long time (i was going to wait until gen 2 dropped) but i can't help but get excited right now. I'm seriously considering on picking one up tomorrow. I have tried VR (one of those cheap ones where you have to slide your phone in) before and i absolutely loved it. Although i'm still conflicted. I don't want to spend 520€ (PSVR + Camera + Game) that'll collect dust due to lack of support.

If you don't have the money to gamble on what you think might "collect dust" then I would advise against an early adoption.  However, I was in the exact same boat as you but I had money that I had save up just for this and decided that, even though I might not play/use it that much now (FFXV being the reason), I know that I will be getting RE7 and will not want to save up again and hunt everything down.  So I got it for RE7 but I'm sure I'll have fun with it until then.

If you don't have the money to gamble on what you think might "collect dust" then I would advise against an early adoption.  However, I was in the exact same boat as you but I had money that I had save up just for this and decided that, even though I might not play/use it that much now (FFXV being the reason), I know that I will be getting RE7 and will not want to save up again and hunt everything down.  So I got it for RE7 but I'm sure I'll have fun with it until then.

I suppose it'll depend on how busy i'm going to be tomorrow since i'm known for being an impulse buyer  :angel:

• Like 1

I would advise to see if there's any store near you that has VR set up for people to try out. I have played a bunch of stuff before so I know what I am getting in to but I've seen a few people on this site who bought it without trying and some of them were very disappointed.

I would advise to see if there's any store near you that has VR set up for people to try out. I have played a bunch of stuff before so I know what I am getting in to but I've seen a few people on this site who bought it without trying and some of them were very disappointed.

The store in my area was offering live demos on saturday, but lucky me, i know someone who works there and he let me try it today.

I played the Descent demo for about 15 minutes. I have to agree that the graphics are more PS3 era than i'd like have though, however i REALLY got invested in the game. By the end of the 15 minutes i almost forgot i was in a store. Pretty amazing.

Based on those 15 minutes, i came home and immediately ordered one. Can't wait to try out all of the other demos when it hopefully arrives tomorrow. 

• Like 1

The store in my area was offering live demos on saturday, but lucky me, i know someone who works there and he let me try it today.

I played the Descent demo for about 15 minutes. I have to agree that the graphics are more PS3 era than i'd like have though, however i REALLY got invested in the game. By the end of the 15 minutes i almost forgot i was in a store. Pretty amazing.

Based on those 15 minutes, i came home and immediately ordered one. Can't wait to try out all of the other demos when it hopefully arrives tomorrow.

Good going! You tried it now so you have not based your purchase on unrealistic expectations.

With Descent you mean the VR Worlds dive demo with the shark and everything? If that already has you excited then you'll do fine.

Be sure to read the new threads about VR game thoughts. This tech is new so we need to swap stories, we can tell each other what to play and what to avoid.

• Like 1

Picked mine up since I was working the midnight release for it at my job.

The games for it that I have are..

Physically

PlayStation VR Worlds (came bundled)

RIGS

Battlezone

Batman Arkham VR

&Loading Human

Digitally

Tumble VR

Job Simulator

Ace Banana

Thumper