Alekhine's Gun had a patch update that changed trophy descriptions

I don't know where to post this at to be honest with you. I want to mention that Alekhine's Gun had a patch update that change trophy descriptions. I've mentioned this on PST.org and wanted to share it here as well. 

These two changed:

Chameleon trophy_gold.png
Obtain 30 unique disguises in the game.

Locksmith trophy_bronze.png
Perfect lockpicking attempt on a lock with at least 4 locking mechanisms

Sorry for the grey looking bars, I copy and pasted it. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25
  • Like 1

What were they originally? 

And so it IS possible for developers to patch trophies after release to adjust requirements. That means Black Ops II "Big Leagues" can be adjusted, and all the other games that have 1 or 2 trophies that are bugged or insane be adjusted. (tho the likely hood of that happening is less than 0%)

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

I don't know where to post this at to be honest with you.

In case you didn't know it, each game has its own subforum. When looking at a trophy list you'll see the following options in the upper right corner: "Trophies  Tip Guide  Leaderboard  100% Club  Platinum Club  Forum". Clicking on Forum will direct you to that game's subforum :).

In case you didn't know it, each game has its own subforum. When looking at a trophy list you'll see the following options in the upper right corner: "Trophies  Tip Guide  Leaderboard  100% Club  Platinum Club  Forum". Clicking on Forum will direct you to that game's subforum :).

Actually, it might have been better posted in this thread rather than the game's own subforum:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38707-rescan-trophy-list/

And so it IS possible for developers to patch trophies after release to adjust requirements. That means Black Ops II "Big Leagues" can be adjusted, and all the other games that have 1 or 2 trophies that are bugged or insane be adjusted. (tho the likely hood of that happening is less than 0%)

Yeah, it's possible for developers to changed the requirements for trophies. That is what happened here. The lockpick trophy number changed from 3 to a 4. The disguises trophy originally required you to obtain all disguises in the game, but the new requirement as you can see is to get only 30 disguises and the trophy will unlock. 

Updated

Thank you!

Actually, it might have been better posted in this thread rather than the game's own subforum:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38707-rescan-trophy-list/

At first, I was going to post there but wasn't really sure if it was the right one.  :wub:

Quite a few games have had their titles, descriptions and requirements changes after launch. It is definitely possible but Activision couldn't care less. I am not sure if PS3 games ever have, I know PS4 ones have.  At the end of the day, trophy hunters are definitely in the minority compared to the COD demographic. I myself am screwed out of the plat, I am just happy I didn't go through all those Zombie easter eggs only to be locked out by a stupid trophy that didn't even need to be in the game to begin with.

Trine 1 had the trophy images changed through a patch, many Destiny trophies were patched as well when TTK arrived. The only reason why Big Leagues won't get patched is because Activision doesn't care. It could be done, but won't be.

I am not sure if PS3 games ever have, I know PS4 ones have.

Minecraft PlayStation 3 Edition had its base game trophies updated to make the trophy images have a slight frame around the perimeter of the square images with the release of Patch 1.20 (September 23rd 2015). It's the only PS3 game i can think of that has ever had its trophy title, trophy descriptions, trophy images and/or trophy set cover image changed/updated.

The trick I use to make sure that doesn't happen is to copy and paste it into Notepad, and then copy it from there and paste where needed.

or you simply use CTRL+SHIFT+V instead of just CTRL+V... this is a shortcut to paste text without layout information and works in almost every (windows) program. definitely here in the forum's wysiwyg editor, i just tested it ;)

• Like 1

Just for clarity, this patch has been out for a good long while now (since May, I think.) The guide on this site has always been up to date and accurate for the changed descriptions, and the platinum is absolutely still obtainable (and easy!)

• Like 1