what is up with the servers in psvita

platinumplayer12

I am in the same boat with an estimate of about 300 left.  Last time I was able to connect was on Oct 17.  I notified Ubisoft Customer Support a couple days after that, but the rep did not provide any useful help and stated that he "will have to forward this case up for further investigation". Not quite sure what that means.  :/ 

Can anyone go more in depth with the current issue to help an outsider to better understand it?

A couple weeks back, I was trying to finish Far Cry 2 (another Ubisoft game, like this, right?) and the servers refused to retrieve my ranked data for about a week, then it went back working OK again. Is something similar happening here?

Can anyone go more in depth with the current issue to help an outsider to better understand it?

A couple weeks back, I was trying to finish Far Cry 2 (another Ubisoft game, like this, right?) and the servers refused to retrieve my ranked data for about a week, then it went back working OK again. Is something similar happening here?

It's definitely possible, even ubisoft doesn't know the status of their own servers. They think End War has been shut down a few years ago, but it's still online to this day

It's definitely possible, even ubisoft doesn't know the status of their own servers. They think End War has been shut down a few years ago, but it's still online to this day

Never heard about Endwar closing, I knew however that it was impossible to plat until several months ago when they found out the secret patch for digital version. Maybe that?

Never heard about Endwar closing, I knew however that it was impossible to plat until several months ago when they found out the secret patch for digital version. Maybe that?

It's not a secret patch, it's just that the one glitched trophy on the disc version is possible on the digital version, and one of the digital trophies is glitched but possible on physical. If you ask any ubisoft employee, they'll tell you the end war multiplayer servers were shut down years ago, even though they're still clearly online

It's not a secret patch, it's just that the one glitched trophy on the disc version is possible on the digital version, and one of the digital trophies is glitched but possible on physical. If you ask any ubisoft employee, they'll tell you the end war multiplayer servers were shut down years ago, even though they're still clearly online

Well, the way this story came to me was that the disc version was released buggy and then the digital version was released much later and the glitch was fixed, but never talked about, reason why I told about a secret patch. Think digital is a version superior to disc or something.

Also, I think Endwar is P2P like FC2 and the other ubisoft games that lost Uplay but still maintain themselves online. It's not supposed to ever close if that's the case.

Well, the way this story came to me was that the disc version was released buggy and then the digital version was released much later and the glitch was fixed, but never talked about, reason why I told about a secret patch. Think digital is a version superior to disc or something.

Also, I think Endwar is P2P like FC2 and the other ubisoft games that lost Uplay but still maintain themselves online. It's not supposed to ever close if that's the case.

The disc version could unlock all trophies aside from Dog of War where you had to win WW 3 as all 3 factions in theater of war without changing factions as that trophy was bugged for some reason for the retail version.

Later the digital version was released that had an update within it to fix that trophy but the requirements changed within the digital version and you had to win 50 games in a row instead of winning WW 3 as all 3 factions in theater of war without changing. However the digital version has another trophy that is bugged (I forgot which one) so you actually need both the digital and physical version to get the plat. I know this because I have the platinum and needed both physical and digital versions.

• Like 1

The disc version could unlock all trophies aside from Dog of War where you had to win WW 3 as all 3 factions in theater of war without changing factions as that trophy was bugged for some reason for the retail version.

Later the digital version was released that had an update within it to fix that trophy but the requirements changed within the digital version and you had to win 50 games in a row instead of winning WW 3 as all 3 factions in theater of war without changing. However the digital version has another trophy that is bugged (I forgot which one) so you actually need both the digital and physical version to get the plat. I know this because I have the platinum and needed both physical and digital versions.

Yup, this is the story I heard and that was what I meant when talked about the secret patch. Thanks for confirming and congratulations on the plat, it's one I admire, but never attempt because I dislike the gameplay style (not saying it's bad, it's just not for me).

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...