PlayStation 4 Pro Launch Lineup Revealed

Undead Wolf

Sony has revealed the what games will support the PS4 Pro at launch. https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/03/heres-the-list-of-games-that-will-be-optimised-for-ps4-pro-on-launch-day/

These include:

• Battlefield 1
  • Battlezone
  • Bound
  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Driveclub VR
  • FIFA 17
  • Firewatch
  • Helldivers
  • Hitman
  • Hustle Kings
  • inFAMOUS First Light
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Knack
  • Mafia 3
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • NBA 2K17
  • Paragon
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Rez Infinite
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League
  • Rise Of The Tomb Raider
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • Smite
  • Super Stardust Ultra
  • The Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  • Skyrim Special Edition
  • The Last Of Us Remastered
  • The Last Of Us: Left Behind
  • The Playroom VR
  • Titanfall 2
  • Tumble
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Viking Squad
  • World Of Tanks
  • XCOM 2

In addition to the titles listed above, more than 45 games will be optimised for PS4 Pro by the end of the year, including Watch Dogs 2, Killing Floor 2, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV, with the likes of Nioh, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and For Honor to follow in early 2017.

Further to that, all first party software launched in 2017 and beyond, including Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and Gran Turismo Sport, will enjoy the benefits of the world's most powerful console.

So what do you guys think about this? A good lineup? Personally, I think it's kind of lacking, and there are some notable exceptions such as Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 for example. At least it's better than the original PS4's launch lineup. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

I feel like people are trying to make a mid-generation update into a new generation of console.

They kind of are, PS4P and Scorpio are both apart of their respective families but they pretty much usher in a new level of gaming that the PS4 and XB1 cannot do.

Not having Bloodborne on that list is like Sony shooting themselves in the foot.

Nioh coming with that PS4P patch. It's not BB, but it's good enough.

• Like 1

Not getting a PS4 Pro anyway.. Don't even have a 4K TV, let alone one with HDR10.

I think this is horrible. How many people even DO have a 'compatible' 4K TV? Not the majority, that's for sure. The majority of the consumer base games on 1080p... So no thank you Sony.

Sure there are some nice benefits on 1080p but do not justify the €400 price tag at the moment.

They really made some bad decisions lately in my opinion... (Looking at you, Skyrim Special Edition PS4 Mods). Not very consumer-friendly.

Edited by Glaciphy
  • Like 2

Not getting a PS4 Pro anyway.. Don't even have a 4K TV, let alone one with HDR10.

I think this is horrible. How many people even DO have a 'compatible' 4K TV? Not the majority, that's for sure. The majority of the consumer base games on 1080p... So no thank you Sony.

Pro isn't specifically just for 4K. There are games that have improvements made to them when running in 1080P.

They really made some bad decisions lately in my opinion... (Looking at you, Skyrim Special Edition!). Not very consumer-friendly.

That's Bethesda, not Sony.

Besides, I recently read somewhere that companies ARE allowed to charge for PS4P Patches AFTER ALL... What the hell?

Where you reading that

• Like 2

They really made some bad decisions lately in my opinion... (Looking at you, Skyrim Special Edition!). Not very consumer-friendly.

Besides, I recently read somewhere that companies ARE allowed to charge for PS4P Patches AFTER ALL... What the hell?

Don't do this. Sony and many other developers have came out to say that the patches will be free of charge. PS4P will not need a 4K HDR TV to get some benefits out of it, you will need it for you want the full benefits tho.

I ain't starting nothing but that ain't true.

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 1

Also, about the Pro's "launch lineup". I hope you guys enjoy the humor as much as I do in Sony somehow finding a way to piggyback off a pre-existing library to create a "line-up" for a "console" even more than they have been already up to this point, and getting people to be excited about shelling money for it. It's subtle, but I find it damned hilarious.

• Like 2

Pro isn't specifically just for 4K. There are games that have improvements made to them when running in 1080P.

Where you reading that

Actually it IS Sony.

Don't do this. Sony and many other developers have came out to say that the patches will be free of charge. PS4P will not need a 4K HDR TV to get some benefits out of it, you will need it for you want the full benefits tho.

Alright, I get that. But yeah, it doesn't really justify a €400 price tag in my opinion right now. I was just stating my opinion.

I just searched again and yes I was wrong about the patches.
Edited by Glaciphy

I ain't starting nothing but that ain't true.

Actually it IS Sony.

If you're talking specifically about the mod thing sure, then that's Sony. Vaguely stating "Skyrim Special Edition isn't consumer friendly" could be interpreted to mean multiple things.

Edited by Gage

If you're talking specifically about the mod thing sure, then that's Sony. Vaguely stating "Skyrim Special Edition isn't consumer friendly" could be interpreted to mean multiple things.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the restriction on mods is a bit consumer unfriendly compared to Microsoft's decision... I'm sorry that it looked like I was judging the entire game because of that.

Edited by Glaciphy

I'll get the Pro when I see a gaming monitor that supports 4K + HDR, and by then the PS5 already came out. So why bother, not worth the investment especially if you own a PS4 already. 

I think I'm with you on that :) Even though I don't know when the PS5 will be out haha

I think some of you guys are getting waaaay too hung up on the whole "launch lineup" thing. It's the launch of a new console (even if it is an iteration of a console that already exists) and I was merely stating what games it will be supporting at launch. I never said this was a new generation, and hell, Sony have even said that it's just an extension of this console generation. You don't have to nitpick at every little thing. :P

• Like 4

Sure there are some nice benefits on 1080p but do not justify the €400 price tag at the moment.

They really made some bad decisions lately in my opinion... (Looking at you, Skyrim Special Edition PS4 Mods). Not very consumer-friendly.

Skyrim on PS4 is a joke. I don't care about mods but I can see why people that do are disappointed. The real issue though is that Skyrim on PS4 runs at 30fps with a slightly higher resolution and a few textures improved. A remaster that doesn't run in 60fps is already inexcusable but asking full price 60 bucks for it? That's just ridiculous. 

Some of the really well done remasters cost 30€, which I think is fair if it's truly an improvement. But 60€ for a 5-year-old game with outdated mechanics? How greedy can a company get? 

Skyrim on PS4 is a joke. I don't care about mods but I can see why people that do are disappointed. The real issue though is that Skyrim on PS4 runs at 30fps with a slightly higher resolution and a few textures improved. A remaster that doesn't run in 60fps is already inexcusable but asking full price 60 bucks for it? That's just ridiculous. 

Some of the really well done remasters cost 30€, which I think is fair if it's truly an improvement. But 60€ for a 5-year-old game with outdated mechanics? How greedy can a company get? 

That's very true actually. I still got it on Xbox One though because I love the game to death. I understand why most people wouldn't pay full price for it. But compared to the crappy PS3 version, the new one plays amazing. But yeah the price should be lower.

I think some of you guys are getting waaaay too hung up on the whole "launch lineup" thing. It's the launch of a new console (even if it is an iteration of a console that already exists) and I was merely stating what games it will be supporting at launch. I never said this was a new generation, and hell, Sony have even said that it's just an extension of this console generation. You don't have to nitpick at every little thing. :P

True haha, sorry about that.

It's actually a decent list of games, so credits to Sony for that ^^

Edited by Glaciphy

Alright, I get that. But yeah, it doesn't really justify a €400 price tag in my opinion right now. I was just stating my opinion.

I just searched again and yes I was wrong about the patches.

I have no problem with you voicing your opinion, it's one of the many wonders of a forum. The problem I had was the incorrect information, at least now you understand. I would agree with you but I sold my PS4 before the upcoming PS4P reveal and got a good deal for it. I will have to say that Sony should have been promoting the PS4P hard because the marketing at the moment is lacklustre.

True, if Fallout 3 gets re-mastered, I hope Sony just allow the mods to go through. The fact that the Falskaar mod is coming to the XB1 but not PS4 is disgusting.

I'll get the Pro when I see a gaming monitor that supports 4K + HDR, and by then the PS5 already came out. So why bother, not worth the investment especially if you own a PS4 already. 

True, if you didn't sell your PS4 or XB1 before the reveal, the Pro would be useless to you.

>line-up

>existing games

>new console

Oh... kay?

Weeeeeeeell... okay?

I guess the compound MORE GRAPHICZZZZZZZZ is harder to say than lineup =D

Yeah, but our Danganronpa visual novels games in 4K 60FPS. :D 

I have no problem with you voicing your opinion, it's one of the many wonders of a forum. The problem I had was the incorrect information, at least now you understand. I would agree with you but I sold my PS4 before the upcoming PS4P reveal and got a good deal for it. I will have to say that Sony should have been promoting the PS4P hard because the marketing at the moment is lacklustre.

True, if Fallout 3 gets re-mastered, I hope Sony just allow the mods to go through. The fact that the Falskaar mod is coming to the XB1 but not PS4 is disgusting.

True, if you didn't sell your PS4 or XB1 before the reveal, the Pro would be useless to you.

Yeah, but our Danganronpa visual novels games in 4K 60FPS. :D

Then that is a good deal! I wish there was a sort of trade-in solution near my place, then I wouldn't mind as much. How much are you paying for it? Around €200 less or so?

Then that is a good deal! I wish there was a sort of trade-in solution near my place, then I wouldn't mind as much. How much are you paying for it? Around €200 less or so?

I did it a long, long time ago. When I first heard about Neo (PS4P codename), I traded my console in. I got £313 for my PS4 and 7 games. The Pro costs around £349.99 in country right now, keep in mind that was in July.

I've also cancelled the PSVR pre-order (Nov 4th batch) and will use the money for games.

Edited by FlareXV

I did it a long, long time ago. When I first heard about Neo (PS4P codename), I traded my console in. I got £313 for my PS4 and 7 games. The Pro costs around £349.99 in country right now, keep in mind that was in July.

I've also cancelled the PSVR pre-order (Nov 4th batch) and will use the money for games.

Sweet deal! What game(s) are you most looking forward to on PS4 Pro?

I'm curious to see what everyone is looking forward to on the PS4 Pro. Anyone? :D