The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

Currently on 11 - 19:30 but I also drive just over an hour each way to get there. But take last Friday for instance, leading into a long weekend and a car crash it took just over 3 hours to get home even when leaving at 19:30. It really has chopped into my gaming time. Ah well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I should have my first backlog game completed this week sometime as well. :)

Seems like no one touched their backlog last year but this year it seems to be popular!

We've all learned from last time where the points lie plus the lure of Tim Tams has worked it's magic.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2017 at 2:09 AM, MattyH16 said:

Seems like fun. By the end of season 2 here, I'd like to have achieved the following:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY)

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY)

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM)

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY)

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD)

6: Decrease my total unearned trophies to 2500 and keep it there by the end of the competition (MEDIUM)

7: Reach 198 platinum trophies (HARD)

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME)

On 07/03/2017 at 10:07 AM, MattyH16 said:

Here is my backlog with all stats current as of March 1st 2017:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - (Not Started) Uncommon

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - (Not Started) Rare

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare

Time for a progress update! I've decided to do bi-monthly updates to help keep myself motivated to achieving my goals this season.

As of 15th March 2017:

CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count over 9000!!! (EASY) Currently 8362

2: Increase my completion rate to at least 80% (EASY) Currently 77.54%

3: Place inside the top 5 of my division (MEDIUM) N/A

4: Have 1000 GOLD trophies (EASY) Currently 877

5: Complete all 10 of my backlog games (HARD) Currently 1

6: Decrease my total unearned trophies to 2500 (MEDIUM) Currently 2555

7: Reach 198 platinum trophies (HARD) Currently 166

8: Earn a new spot in any top 50 list for any game or category (EXTREME) COMPLETE

BACKLOG:

PS3:

Alone In The Dark - 3/50 (4%) Uncommon

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 6/47 (8%) Uncommon

Dishonored: Game Of The Year Edition - 5/81 (4%) Very Rare

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 5/26 (10%) Rare

Life Is Strange - 0/61 (0%) Uncommon Currently 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

Shadows Of The Damned - 1/51 (1%) Rare

PS4:

Sleeping Dogs (US Edition) - 0/60 (0%) Rare

Trine 2: Complete Story - 4/51 (5%) Ultra Rare

Tropico 5 - 7/71 (7%) Ultra Rare

PSV:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - 3/45 (5%) Very Rare Currently 6/45 (12%)

Last week, I completed Siegecraft Commander with the 37th fastest time on here at the time of platinum and I also completed Life Is Strange. Yesterday, I chipped away at Assassin's Creed III: Liberation while I was on the train. My battery went flat earlier than I hoped but at least I got some trophies done. I'm hoping to pump out one more backlog before the month is over but honestly, I don't want to play any of my backlog games at the moment. I've been working on GTA V on PS4 and I'm getting close to the platinum there. I'm going for the 100% trophy completion and I still need to do the Heists DLC. I hope everyone else is doing well with their trophy hunting B)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MattyH16 said:

Last week, I completed Siegecraft Commander with the 37th fastest time on here at the time of platinum and I also completed Life Is Strange. Yesterday, I chipped away at Assassin's Creed III: Liberation while I was on the train. My battery went flat earlier than I hoped but at least I got some trophies done. I'm hoping to pump out one more backlog before the month is over but honestly, I don't want to play any of my backlog games at the moment. I've been working on GTA V on PS4 and I'm getting close to the platinum there. I'm going for the 100% trophy completion and I still need to do the Heists DLC. I hope everyone else is doing well with their trophy hunting B)

Nice work. I've been too preoccupied with Zelda to get much done, but I have been making some slow progress on GTA V and I would like to knock out a second backlog game before the month is over too. I'm not sure how realistic that is since I still have a lot to do in both Zelda and GTA V.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Nice update Matt, great to read what others are doing. Looks like you have made a great start on your backlog, congrats on your fastest time too. Been impressed to see you still climbing up those leaderboards too ........ not long before we will both be in the top 50 :)

1 hour ago, CrestfallenV said:

Nice work. I've been too preoccupied with Zelda to get much done, but I have been making some slow progress on GTA V and I would like to knock out a second backlog game before the month is over too. I'm not sure how realistic that is since I still have a lot to do in both Zelda and GTA V.

I have Zelda just sitting untouched at the moment, just need to get through another day or so and then will be jumping straight in. Keep hearing so many good things, will be looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2017 at 11:34 PM, feral611 said:

Cheers mate. Ha ha ha you're not keen to lose the Tim Tams but that wooden spoon wrapped in $20 has you going :P

I'm just trying not to finish last in both competitions :P

On 14/03/2017 at 9:30 AM, AuzzieWingman said:

I just realised that we only have 9 months to do 10 backlog.

Yeah the backlog list will be difficult for anybody to complete it, I'll be quite surprised (and impressed) if someone manages to do it! Although there are a few people in the competition that I think have a shot at it.

On 14/03/2017 at 5:44 PM, adam1984123 said:

Seems like no one touched their backlog last year but this year it seems to be popular!

Yeah there were too many unfinished backlog games last year so I wanted to tinker with the points system to make them more meaningful this year. Too many of us suffer from the dreaded backlog!

Oh I just achieved platinum #32 - Tearaway. Next I'll be playing PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita) which is one of my backlog games, so if anybody has a copy and wants to boost the online trophies just give me a yell.

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

I'm just trying not to finish last in both competitions :P

Oh I just achieved platinum #32 - Tearaway. Next I'll be playing PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita) which is one of backlog games, so if anybody has a copy and wants to boost the online trophies just give me a yell.

Ha ha ha fair enough mate.

Congrats on the plat. I've got PS All Stars Battle Royale so I can help you out but then again that'll give you a leg up in both comps :hmm:

1 hour ago, TheWayne-o said:

Next I'll be playing PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita) which is one of my backlog games, so if anybody has a copy and wants to boost the online trophies just give me a yell.

Can you cross play vita v PS3? I have PS3 version and been meaning to do online for this for ages.  If you can, I would be up for that. 

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I have Zelda just sitting untouched at the moment, just need to get through another day or so and then will be jumping straight in. Keep hearing so many good things, will be looking forward to it.

It is really good. I've put in 75 hours since launch and have completed the main objectives. I'm just doing the side stuff now. I am slowing down on Zelda and moving back to GTA V now since some of the side stuff can be a little annoying (finding the remaining ~30 shrines and, especially, completing the remaining ~50 side quests). I probably won't be bothering with all 900 Korok seeds and I might not even bother with the ~450 needed to max my inventory space.

1 hour ago, TheWayne-o said:

Yeah the backlog list will be difficult for anybody to complete it, I'll be quite surprised (and impressed) if someone manages to do it! Although there are a few people in the competition that I think have a shot at it.

I'm definitely intending on finishing it this year. I'm focusing on it earlier as I don't want a repeat of being 3 days off (really only 5-10 hours) completing it like last year. :facepalm:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Nice update Matt, great to read what others are doing. Looks like you have made a great start on your backlog, congrats on your fastest time too. Been impressed to see you still climbing up those leaderboards too ........ not long before we will both be in the top 50 :)

Well, it finally happened. You snuck past me. I climbed back up to 80th spot last night before you synched your last two platinums and now you are back in front. Congrats for doing that, I haven't made it easy. Now it's my turn to chase you down (or at least try to) :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Well, it finally happened. You snuck past me. I climbed back up to 80th spot last night before you synched your last two platinums and now you are back in front. Congrats for doing that, I haven't made it easy. Now it's my turn to chase you down (or at least try to) :D

Thanks Matt, yeah you put up a very strong fight. I am use to passing names on the leaderboard but each week you stood your ground or pulled ahead, it definitely spurred me on. Looking forward to watching you continue to climb as well. I am going to start putting my foot down over the next two months as a top 50 spot before the end of April is beckoning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks Matt, yeah you put up a very strong fight. I am use to passing names on the leaderboard but each week you stood your ground or pulled ahead, it definitely spurred me on. Looking forward to watching you continue to climb as well. I am going to start putting my foot down over the next two months as a top 50 spot before the end of April is beckoning.

You did well mate. I used up all my fast titles to keep in front. I've got none left now and I dropped from 80th to 83rd in the last 12 or so hours. Now I'm stuck playing awful shit that I stupidly started back in 2012 like Alone In The Dark :(

Gotta love bad backlog choices!!!

Edited by MattyH16

23 hours ago, feral611 said:

Congrats on the plat. I've got PS All Stars Battle Royale so I can help you out but then again that'll give you a leg up in both comps :hmm:

A feral and Wayne collaboration you say? This could be interesting! :P Thanks for the offer, I'll try and round up a couple more players so we can boost it.

23 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Can you cross play vita v PS3? I have PS3 version and been meaning to do online for this for ages.  If you can, I would be up for that. 

I'm not sure about cross play, I'll do a bit of research and see if it's possible. Does anybody else know if this is possible?

22 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

I'm definitely intending on finishing it this year. I'm focusing on it earlier as I don't want a repeat of being 3 days off (really only 5-10 hours) completing it like last year. :facepalm:

Well hopefully you finish it up mate, it would be good to see people knock off as many backlog games as possible!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

A feral and Wayne collaboration you say? This could be interesting! :P Thanks for the offer, I'll try and round up a couple more players so we can boost it.

Yes, take our rivalry to the next level. No worries, let me know when you've got it all set up.

Got another copy of Dead Island today (GOTY) but when I get into the game, not even 5 minutes in it crashes my ps3. When I first had/played this game (before I got psn/started playing online) it worked fine, I get the same isaue with Dead Island:Riptide ?

Would anyone by any chance know what is going on? :/

First backlog game complete!

Plat #69 

1Lecf63e.png

Fitting that my 69th plat is an ultra rare... "Ultra Rare" would be how often my wife consents to said number. lol...

Pretty good game! Although it did drag on quite a bit. Wasn't overly challenging. I did like the challenges and trying to achieve the platinum medals. They really broke up the repetitiveness of the game without being too hard to complete.

What to do next from the backlog... Would love to do GTA IV but that one will be tough with the online trophies... Hmmm 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

First backlog game complete!

Plat #69 

1Lecf63e.png

Fitting that my 69th plat is an ultra rare... "Ultra Rare" would be how often my wife consents to said number. lol...

Pretty good game! Although it did drag on quite a bit. Wasn't overly challenging. I did like the challenges and trying to achieve the platinum medals. They really broke up the repetitiveness of the game without being too hard to complete.

What to do next from the backlog... Would love to do GTA IV but that one will be tough with the online trophies... Hmmm 

Lol nice post man and congrats on the 69