The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

4 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Yeah looks like we have feral, Crest, yourself and I for the boost with damage and cj offering to help if needed. Is 10pm during the week too late for you guys? If not then we'll just pick a day next week to do it, it will only take a few matches for everyone to get the trophies.

I would like to do the boost for trophies as well if possible.

5 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Yeah looks like we have feral, Crest, yourself and I for the boost with damage and cj offering to help if needed. Is 10pm during the week too late for you guys? If not then we'll just pick a day next week to do it, it will only take a few matches for everyone to get the trophies.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought the Uncharted 4 Libertalia Edition last weekend from EB Games for $99. Surprisingly my local store had like 6 units, I thought that I'd struggle to get one at that price.

10pm is cool with me, means the footy is over by that time lol. I'm available any night 

Nice getting that collector's edition so cheap. I pre-ordered it cause I couldn't wait for it to be that price.

2 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Okay, thank you :D

Isn't there a storage cloud thing or something? No ides how it works :P

It's cloud storage for game save data, so if you delete everything or get a new console for whatever reason, you can still retrieve your saved data. It's more or less a little more convenient version of using a USB, depending on what you want to do. As a physical collector of sorts, I find this useful for the PS4 when I delete games to make room, recovering stuff for when I get back to it.

If you have a PS4 then I really do suggest getting PS Plus. I'm putting my suspicions out there that it will become a PS4 centric system at some point. Maybe sooner than I'm actually giving it.

Otherwise just the general benefits of 'free' stuff every month, and being able to play online are good.

5 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Haha, fair enough :P

Out of curiosity, should I get PS Plus and what are the advantages for it? Would I need to buy it twice for ps3 and ps4 or doea it cover both until it runs out? 

Thank you :) 

You get free access to 72 games per year, sometimes more with cross-buy

You get access to 10 gig of online cloud storage

You get extra discounts on the PSN store

It easily pays itself off. I recommend getting the yearly subscription for $69.95, it works out to be like $5.80 a month or something near it.

8 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

On a completely unrelated note, I bought the Uncharted 4 Libertalia Edition last weekend from EB Games for $99. Surprisingly my local store had like 6 units, I thought that I'd struggle to get one at that price.

Nice one! I grabbed one of the only remaining Last Guardian statue editions for $99 last week. Had to drive to an EB that was over an hour away but worth it.

If the Libertalia Edition drops to $75 or less, I'll get it. Just for the statue and the dynamic theme. I platinumed it last year, incredible game B)

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I'm good with 10pm every night this week. I downloaded the Vita version today and I'll likely play the tutorial tomorrow to get an idea of the game mechanics.

6 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

You get free access to 72 games per year, sometimes more with cross-buy

You get access to 10 gig of online cloud storage

You get extra discounts on the PSN store

It easily pays itself off. I recommend getting the yearly subscription for $69.95, it works out to be like $5.80 a month or something near it.

You can also sometimes find PSN cards for 10-20% off at different retailers, usually around November-December, effectively making it $55-63 a year. I know both Woolworths and 7-Eleven have had these discounts in the past and Big W sometimes allows its 'Friends & Family' promotion to apply to PSN cards.

7 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was a bad choice for backlog. Online T___T

Funny story, I have all the online trophies but have yet to touch any of the story mode.
I will never get plat even if this is much easier then the first I am just no good at the challenges.

21 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

10pm durn the weeknights is a bit late... but I could make an exception. 

Any evening next week is fine for me. 

Yeah sorry it's a bit late, after work and doing all the stuff around the house that needs to be done these days 10 is just about the earliest that I can play games.

20 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I would like to do the boost for trophies as well if possible.

No problems mate, happy to help you out with the trophies once you're back. Just let me know when you're free.

18 hours ago, feral611 said:

Nice getting that collector's edition so cheap. I pre-ordered it cause I couldn't wait for it to be that price.

I've been waiting for it to go on sale, I wasn't paying $199 for it when it was initially released lol.

16 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Nice one! I grabbed one of the only remaining Last Guardian statue editions for $99 last week. Had to drive to an EB that was over an hour away but worth it.

If the Libertalia Edition drops to $75 or less, I'll get it. Just for the statue and the dynamic theme. I platinumed it last year, incredible game B)

Nice! I saw that one too and thought about but I wasn't sure if I'd love the game and I only like to buy merchandise for the series that I absolutely love (otherwise I'd end up with way too much stuff in the house).

16 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

I'm good with 10pm every night this week. I downloaded the Vita version today and I'll likely play the tutorial tomorrow to get an idea of the game mechanics.

Sounds like 10pm is workable for everyone, how about we aim for Tuesday night straight after the Socceroos game?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Popped 2 plats last night- Nubla and World of Nubla.... think Nubla was a backlog game

Still a backwards step though, completed 2 games, added 17, lol

:lol: No wonder you don't get anywhere

1 hour ago, TheWayne-o said:

I've been waiting for it to go on sale, I wasn't paying $199 for it when it was initially released lol.

Sounds like 10pm is workable for everyone, how about we aim for Tuesday night straight after the Socceroos game?

Lol snap. Clearly you have good self control.

Tuesday is good. Now just to download the game again.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2017 at 4:34 PM, feral611 said:

Clearly you have good self control.

Well my girlfriend says that I'm tight but I prefer to think of it as being "financially responsible" xD

On 26/03/2017 at 5:34 PM, damage_6-9 said:

10pm NSW time I presume? makes it 8:30pm for me which works just fine, will dl it today or tomorrow

Yeah 10pm NSW time, I had you down as a back-up so you might not have to re-download it. We have 4 of us that need the trophies and I think you said that you already had them, will let you know if we need 1 more. Thanks for the offer though!

So @feral611, @adam1984123 and @CrestfallenV. Please know your character's super moves for the double/triple kills. We should be able to get everyone the trophies in 5 matches, everyone can get the Team Sweeper, Friendly Competition & First Blood trophies in the first match. The we take a turn each at getting the Triple Kill!, Victorious & This is Living trophies in a match each. Then it's just up to everyone to get the Tournament Fighter trophy on your own (which if we all search at the same time should be able to match up with each other) as from memory you can't invite people to ranked matches.

21 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

So @feral611, @adam1984123 and @CrestfallenV. Please know your character's super moves for the double/triple kills. We should be able to get everyone the trophies in 5 matches, everyone can get the Team Sweeper, Friendly Competition & First Blood trophies in the first match. The we take a turn each at getting the Triple Kill!, Victorious & This is Living trophies in a match each. Then it's just up to everyone to get the Tournament Fighter trophy on your own (which if we all search at the same time should be able to match up with each other) as from memory you can't invite people to ranked matches.

Added you blokes for tonight's boost. 

We we should do it easy, online seems dead!

22 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Well my girlfriend says that I'm tight but I prefer to think of it as being "financially responsible" xD

Ha ha ha I like it.

Oh fuck lol, sounds close to combos which are my kryptonite.

13 minutes ago, feral611 said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to do the boost, I can't grip a controller or hold the Vita atm. Had a huge blister on my right hand which has just popped and is being really shit. Sorry guys :(

You can't just set the Vita down and poke at the buttons with your index fingers? From what I've played of the arcade mode, you wouldn't need to do much more. :lol:

• Like 1