Is the GTA5 + Megalodon Cash Card Bundle worth $60?

Wavergray

GTA 5 is one of those game that I never got around to buying. I was thinking about getting it soon when I saw the GTA5 + Megalodon Cash Card Bundle was on sale for $60.

Now I don't really understand how money works in GTA Online so I don't know if $8 million is a lot of money or not.

So is this bundle worth it or should I just skip it? 

Looking at the current state of GTA Online, you really need a lot of money for basically everything you do in the game. Things got more and more expensive lately. It depends on what you want to buy but I went through that $8 Million pretty quickly actually.. Hope this helps a bit.

It's pretty easy to grind out money in GTAO by replaying heists over and over, so I would recommend just waiting until the standard game without any cards goes on sale even cheaper. You only need 3 million for trophies if I remember right, which doesn't take long to acquire.

• Like 1

If you want to start out without having to grind, go for it. It takes a long time earning 8 million, and those 8 millions are going to allow you to buy a fancy apartment (which is required for heists), several cars (you want several if you're going to race, at least one sportscar, one super, one muscle, a bike and a dirtbike.

If you have friends who you intend to play with, the grinding will not be of any problem. They can initiate the heists, and if you choose to do stunt races you will probably have  a lot of fun while earning a fair amount of cash. If you're going to play alone, however, and paying for the extra 8 million is not going to make your wallet hurt, you should consider it.

It's pretty easy to grind out money in GTAO by replaying heists over and over, so I would recommend just waiting until the standard game without any cards goes on sale even cheaper. You only need 3 million for trophies if I remember right, which doesn't take long to acquire.

You need 8 million actually for live a little. The Megalodon card normally costs 99.99 so yes that is a great deal. You can always just do criminal mastermind for 12 mil, but it can be difficult

You need 8 million actually for live a little. The Megalodon card normally costs 99.99 so yes that is a great deal. You can always just do criminal mastermind for 12 mil, but it can be difficult

You don't. With about 3.2 million, you can buy a certain car and then sell it back, and do that over and over for the 8 million trophy.

Playing the game to earn GTA$ and doing that trick is a waste of money yet buying shark cards isn't? Ha best joke I've heard all day! :P

And it's just as easy to do criminal mastermind for money. Also they never once asked about trophies, so it was safer to assume they were asking about the money in general

Edited by SnowxSakura

And it's just as easy to do criminal mastermind for money. Also they never once asked about trophies, so it was safer to assume they were asking about the money in general

I didn't bother with "criminal mastermind" but I did do "all in order" and "loyalty" so that was $2 million right there and I think I got a free million at the start can't remember why now then the rest I earned. I did do that trick madbuk mentioned, as well as buying the top apartment and the few cars I wanted/needed, so wasn't wasted. I even had money left over.

I'd say it's a good deal. But it all depends on what you're looking for in the game. Do you just want the trophies? Then go for it. If not, I'd wait for the standard game to go on sale.

They always have some kind double money and double xp events going on. You can play hundreds of different types of missions to earn money. Once you hit around $500,000, you can buy a high end apartment and start doing heists for even more money.

Rockstar also just gave away $250,000 to everyone who signed in recently for their 3 year anniversary. So money is pretty easy to get, if you actually play the game and enjoy it.

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2016 at 11:11 AM, soultaker655 said:

GTA 5 is one of those game that I never got around to buying. I was thinking about getting it soon when I saw the GTA5 + Megalodon Cash Card Bundle was on sale for $60.

Now I don't really understand how money works in GTA Online so I don't know if $8 million is a lot of money or not.

So is this bundle worth it or should I just skip it? 

I checked your profile because of how old this thread is. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything. 

Yes, it's a decent amount of money, but it isn't worth it. You'll easily make more than enough money for trophies plus extra in the time it takes you to get to level 100. Don't waste your real money on it.

10 hours ago, Rowdi said:

I checked your profile because of how old this thread is. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything. 

Yes, it's a decent amount of money, but it isn't worth it. You'll easily make more than enough money for trophies plus extra in the time it takes you to get to level 100. Don't waste your real money on it.

Agreed, I'm almost done with my online trophies and haven't needed to buy any in-game currency. Only 3 things left for me to get are lvl 50, lvl 100 and 30 Platinum Awards. The awards trophy can easily be boosted with one other player from what I can see. And as far as RP goes, if you are enjoying the game, the levels will come naturally. For good money and RP at the same time, i'd recommend taking part in the events that Rockstar sets up - currently we are in the midst of a stunt race event which gives double RP and cash.

Also be wary of some of the player created content that you see, you'll see a tonne of 'Infinite RP/money lololol come play for infinite RP/money' shite up there. Most of the time it's bait to get you to participate in their content, at other times it's running an exploit that could get you banned for participating. I also recommend considering finding a core group of friends to play with and creating your own closed server (you can do it at the options screen when you start up Online).

5 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

I had to re-buy GTA V PS4 game on ps store along with the $8m GTA cash online bundle for $98 NZD, so yeah it's worth buying that bundle on the discount sale.

Why do you feel that you need to purchase in game money with real money? You earn money and rp for doing just about everything in game. It's more than enough to fulfill trophy requirements and still have enough left over to go crazy with.

Are you buying loads of expensive cars, bikes and planes or something? Don't get me wrong, it's your money and it's well spent if you're getting enjoyment out of it. From a trophy standpoint, you'll make more than enough money on you way to level 100 without having to waste real money on an unneeded fast forward button. That money would be better spent on buying another game or even additional content. Just my opinion though.

15 hours ago, Rowdi said:

Why do you feel that you need to purchase in game money with real money? You earn money and rp for doing just about everything in game. It's more than enough to fulfill trophy requirements and still have enough left over to go crazy with.

Are you buying loads of expensive cars, bikes and planes or something? Don't get me wrong, it's your money and it's well spent if you're getting enjoyment out of it. From a trophy standpoint, you'll make more than enough money on you way to level 100 without having to waste real money on an unneeded fast forward button. That money would be better spent on buying another game or even additional content. Just my opinion though.

More or less yeah. I wasn't after the cars or others. It was only the $8m trophy I need. I'm already 100 rank over. Import cloud save from PS3 to PS4. And besides I have several other games on pre order anyway.