Project Platinum: Movies

JadedDragos

16 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

16 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Where's Cars 2? Hannah Montana? Toy Story? Transformers? Lego Movie? Tomb Raider? Resident Evil? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Silent Hill?

..just to name a few..
I mean, come on..I don't know all the rules when it comes to project platinum threads but the 1 where a specific game can only be used once, and only ever once, seems rather dumb to me, therefore I wont participate in this one, even though I would be ranked as a Buyer

Didn't you already complained about that on another PP? Rules are rules, if you don't agree to them you don't have to go to each PP to say you don't, and if you don't understand why that particular rule was put into place then perhaps this is a bit much for you anyway... :rolleyes:

And even without that one rule most of those games you're talking about shouldn't be here anyway, why? Becuse they are against the rules of this particular PP, and most of those are not even based on movies, they have movies based on them. :facepalm:

Edited by Devil_Spooky

6 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Didn't you already complained about that on another PP? Rules are rules, if you don't agree to them you don't have to go to each PP to say you don't, and if you don't understand why that particular rule was put into place then perhaps this is a bit much for you anyway... :rolleyes:

And even without that one rule most of those games you're talking about shouldn't be here anyway, why? Becuse they are against the rules of this particular PP, and most of those are not even based on movies, they have movies based on them. :facepalm:

Doubt that was me, I don't post much but in the slight chance it was, so be it!

I'm not the only 1, others feel the same way about the "rules" and by me discussing them doesn't hurt..there's a saying, maybe you've heard it, maybe not, but..it only takes 1 person to change the world...things can be overturned if one knows how to voice their opinion

..Let's take a simple scenario of idk, an awards show for example, for comparison...said movie is nominated for best comedy picture...now you're saying that movie can't also be nominated for Let's says..best movie..because why, it was in another category..what is this, communism..

Each game only gets 1 vote, 1 PP..why?

Because one of this sites creators thought it would be a fair system?

It's 2017, not the 1950s

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Doubt that was me, I don't post much but in the slight chance it was, so be it!

I'm not the only 1, others feel the same way about the "rules" and by me discussing them doesn't hurt..there's a saying, maybe you've heard it, maybe not, but..it only takes 1 person to change the world...things can be overturned if one knows how to voice their opinion

..Let's take a simple scenario of idk, an awards show for example, for comparison...said movie is nominated for best comedy picture...now you're saying that movie can't also be nominated for Let's says..best movie..because why, it was in another category..what is this, communism..

Each game only gets 1 vote, 1 PP..why?

Because one of this sites creators thought it would be a fair system?

It's 2017, not the 1950s

You're really comparing these with an award show? :facepalm:

it wasn't a single person decision, it was a joint one, to be fair for everyone, if you gain points for a game on one place what's stoping you from creating a couple of different PP's using that same game so you can rack in some more points and climb the leaderboard? And it's also to keep these PP's to a minimum, to prevent them from getting out of hand, for example Resident Evil, you could get the game in a RE PP, a Zombie one, a evil corporation one, a games with movies based on them one, a Capcom one, a Japanese developer one, a TPS PP, a FPS PP, a On rail Shooter PP, a Monster PP, etc, see how ridiculous that is?

For things to work in a comunity you need rules to keep them from getting out of hand, if you can't accept them then maybe living in a comunity is not for you.

There's also other rules BTW, like the one where you can't just use a single game from a series, if you use one then you have to use them all so they don't get spread out, and that rule alone negates almost every game you posted before (not that they weren't negated already).

And if you weren't enough wrong already this is not the place for this, if you have sugestions/complains about this feature there's a main thread to post it, so go do it there, because doing so in here makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

10 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

You're really comparing these with an award show? :facepalm:

it wasn't a single person decision, it was a joint one, to be fair for everyone, if you gain points for a game on one place what's stoping you from creating a couple of different PP's using that same game so you can rack in some more points and climb the leaderboard? And it's also to keep these PP's to a minimum, to prevent them from getting out of hand, for example Resident Evil, you could get the game in a RE PP, a Zombie one, a evil corporation one, a games with movies based on them one, a Capcom one, a Japanese developer one, a TPS PP, a FPS PP, a On rail Shooter PP, a Monster PP, etc, see how ridiculous that is?

For things to work in a comunity you need rules to keep them from getting out of hand, if you can't accept them then maybe living in a comunity is not for you.

There's also other rules BTW, like the one where you can't just use a single game from a series, if you use one then you have to use them all so they don't get spread out, and that rule alone negates almost every game you posted before (not that they weren't negated already).

And if you weren't enough wrong already this is not the place for this, if you have sugestions/complains about this feature there's a main thread to post it, so go do it there, because doing so in here makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

Its a very basic comparison to show you how dumb the rules actually sound..now let's put it into your views with resident evil..someone made a RE PP, now because of which, it can Never be used in a zombie PP, why the hell not, it's one of the best zombie games ever, so you're going to have a zombie PP and Exclude the best game in that genre..what..the..fuck?!?!?

maybe it's good that I don't actually "live" here as you stated, I just visit periodically..

And you're just as "wrong" for continuing to bump this thread with general spam instead of personally messaging me about the do's and so dont's, so kindly, piss off..If voicing one's opinions gets you all hot and bothered, I would hate to see what really upsets you, I'm guessing you have ADHD or some kind of mental disordered that prevents you from functioning in the real world because other people opinions bother you so much

5 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Its a very basic comparison to show you how dumb the rules actually sound..now let's put it into your views with resident evil..someone made a RE PP, now because of which, it can Never be used in a zombie PP, why the hell not, it's one of the best zombie games ever, so you're going to have a zombie PP and Exclude the best game in that genre..what..the..fuck?!?!?

maybe it's good that I don't actually "live" here as you stated, I just visit periodically..

And you're just as "wrong" for continuing to bump this thread with general spam instead of personally messaging me about the do's and so dont's, so kindly, piss off..If voicing one's opinions gets you all hot and bothered, I would hate to see what really upsets you, I'm guessing you have ADHD or some kind of mental disordered that prevents you from functioning in the real world because other people opinions bother you so much

So, an award show, something that has a lot of money involved behind the scenes, is similar to something a bunch of people came up with on a internet forum to have fun now? :facepalm:

And RE could never be in a Zombie PP, another rule says if you use a game in a series you need to use them all, but only a few of the RE games have Zombies in them so the others could not be used and thus none could.

And you're relying on personal insults now? Oh boy, look kid, these are the rules, you don't like them don't play then, and if you think they should be changed then go talk with those that put them in the first place, this is not the place, and it's not an opinion, it's a little kid craving for attention because others don't play the way he wants to. And I manage to function fine thank you very much, it's hard when you're surrounded by stupidity but I manage, you on the other hand I have serious doubts though...

On 1/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, Property_Damage said:

Where's Cars 2? Hannah Montana? Toy Story? Transformers? Lego Movie? Tomb Raider? Resident Evil? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Silent Hill?

..just to name a few..

I mean, come on..I don't know all the rules when it comes to project platinum threads but the 1 where a specific game can only be used once, and only ever once, seems rather dumb to me, therefore I wont participate in this one, even though I would be ranked as a Buyer

Only thing I'm gonna say, because Spooky already said a mouthful and I know I am responding late. Just check out the full rules first before ranting about it. I have already argued and said my fill trying to get certain games on here and I just decided to go with the rules, because I am not going to argue and not get anywhere with a game that has already been thought out very well.

On 1/2/2017 at 1:45 AM, demonoid321 said:

I have Cloud With A Chance Of Meatballs, Terminator Salvations, Saw, Up, and Where The Wild Things Are.

Got you on the list as a Streamer!

On 1/4/2017 at 10:33 AM, masdawg1988 said:

Sign me up as a Movie Buyer please, with both Saw games currently platted.

This is a good excuse to get some more games I can share with my five year old son! :D

Great idea! Hope you and your son have fun! Got you on the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't want to trigger anyone, but why isn't Cars 2 on the list? I mean, I understand that Hannah Montana is laughable, but Cars 2 is (somewhat) respectable. And plus, the game was based on the movie, not the other way around.

Edited by srikir

• 4 weeks later...

add me i have  11 plats :

1-Battleship
2-Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
3-G-Force
4-Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
5-Rango
6-Rio

7-Terminator Salvation

8-The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn  2 plats stackable
9-The Smurfs 2
10-Up
11-Where The Wild Things Are

so i will have Movie Collector  and six point 

On 6/5/2017 at 10:50 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Buyer with Star Trek (am I the only one here who completed this one?) 1f914.png

Yeah I think so Gretchen, hey but it's on my backlog! Got ya added.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:10 PM, srikir said:

I don't want to trigger anyone, but why isn't Cars 2 on the list? I mean, I understand that Hannah Montana is laughable, but Cars 2 is (somewhat) respectable. And plus, the game was based on the movie, not the other way around.

Well the reason is, and Cars is a great example. When putting a game in the PP I would have to include every game of that sub title, so Cars 2, Cars 3: Driven to Win, and Cars: Race-O-Rama would have to be included in this PP. I was going for only games with the actual movie title and since the other two are not actual movies and just movie based that's why none of them are on here, according to PP rules. With that said there are new rules being made recently and so that may change, but for now it's what it is. As for Hannah Montana (shivers), it's actually already on a different PP, which is another different rule altogether.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:06 AM, Div_Muzza said:

I have Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Termintor Salvation.

Got ya down as a Buyer Div.

On 8/16/2017 at 4:45 AM, AvengedEvil said:

Sign me up, please. I've completed those games:

• Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
  • Rango
  • Terminator Salvation
  • Up

This should make me a Movie Buyer.

Could Green Lantern and and Kick-Ass 2 also be added to this PP? I couldn't find them in any other PP.

Got you down as a Buyer AE. As for the recommendations, I have to check, but I think Green Lantern was reserved for a super hero PP. If not then I will see about getting it on mine(and would open it up for others). Kick-Ass 2 unfortunately is not available to everyone, so it may go up as a special trophy for those that do have it.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:13 AM, oDRAGONSLAYER- said:

add me i have  11 plats :

1-Battleship
2-Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
3-G-Force
4-Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
5-Rango
6-Rio

7-Terminator Salvation

8-The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn  2 plats stackable
9-The Smurfs 2
10-Up