A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Give me a week - I have to do some beta testing on another game. If I do not make any decent progress on my three remaining games by next week, I'll have to withdraw from this as there is no way in Hades I am going to get any more platinums on the list by the end of the month. By progress I mean either getting to 50% on my RPGs or getting the platinum on Psychonauts, which means having to tackle that punch game. :(

Right now, I have other priorities: I have to beta-run LEGO Harry Potter collection on my other account to ensure that the Years 1-4 will get me a platinum for the Pyramid, and then I have to work on Dragon Quest Builders for the Vita anniversary event, so the list is on the back burner for now.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'd like to be removed from this event. I am going to have World of Final Fantasy be a part of the Spring Backlog challenge next month. I'm not giving up on the games, just moving them to other positions. Sorry.

Edited by NebbyLunala

Time for another update.

Season 1:

• Need for Speed Rivals - just messing about, while gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop -(finished racer career - on standby for now)
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story

Eliminated from Backlog:

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10

I guess I finished my list for season 1. Still got the plat in Dungeons 2 (had to let the game run for about 8 hours just to get the gold and mana I needed).

Also finished the story in Assassin's Creed Rogue, which turned out buggier than expected.

Assassin's Creed Rogue:

Was overall enjoyable. Half the game is just grinding though, which is most of what I have left to do. Still haven't decided, if I'm going to bother with that, The side-missions are kind of boring Well, at least it doesn't have any multiplayer so that's a plus. It wouldn't be a Ubisoft games, if it didn't have bugs. People floating, assassination targets that just have the symbol where they are supposed to be, but no one is actually there. key holders disappearing and not respawning after resetting the cam... the usual really. Naval missions are a pointless waste of time and materials take too long to gather, unless you rob warehouses.

Not adding any more games for now.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I haven't gotten more trophies in Witcher 3 yet but where I lost track before, and I know where it was now. I exited the cave after finding the elf's lab, and tried to go to the bog by riding southeast underneath the lake, which was a hell of a job and I never got through it. This time around, I'm going north over the lake so I can stay on paths near civilisation.

P.S. going to buy the DLC in the sale. Really enjoying the game again and I want more.

• Like 1

I played a lot of Witcher 3 today, earning a whopping 1 trophy in the process.

... Sorry, did you expect more? Well tough luck, I'm not a completionist and I checked the non-hidden trophies, I'm not going out of my way to do all that stuff. If I'm not sick of the game by the time I finish the story then I'll see if I can quickly pop some of the stuff but expect to see only quest and contract trophies to pop for me until then, with the occasional random in between.

Actually, I have disabled trophy notifications (if you didn't know that already about me) so I don't get distracted while playing through this cool game.

Leaving Saturday at the point where I got lost before, on Sunday I decided to not go south around the lake but north. This meant that before going to the bog, I could stop by the Bloody Baron but before that I decided to go see what Keira wanted and I completed her subplot in the end. After that it was off to the Baron and I did everything I could there, up to (but not yet including) finding his wife. It would be off to the bog but I decided to check out the Forefather's Eve sidequest first.

Such a great game, such a rich story. I hope I can get through the game before I get distracted by something else, I'm prepared to cancel on my Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order if that's what it takes to finish a Witcher game. I like open world games but I'm horrible with the large ones - never finished any Fallout, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls or Witcher game even though I started on at least two in all of those series.

Spoiler

Season 1

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3% (not going to happen any more thanks to corrupted savegame)
  • Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)
  • Color Guardians || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 83%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 21%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 11% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Leaving Saturday at the point where I got lost before, on Sunday I decided to not go south around the lake but north. This meant that before going to the bog, I could stop by the Bloody Baron but before that I decided to go see what Keira wanted and I completed her subplot in the end. After that it was off to the Baron and I did everything I could there, up to (but not yet including) finding his wife. It would be off to the bog but I decided to check out the Forefather's Eve sidequest first.

Oh, you're in for a treat, the part in the bog belongs to the best ones in the whole game, in my opinion, very atmospheric and full of fairy tale like folklore. I get goosebumps an can hear the music thinking about it! The whole bloody baron questline is one of the most memorable sequences in gaming ever, if you ask me.

Next Update done. As i said, i removed all remaining pre-season lists. Anybody who didnt have an actual list was removed, any achieved goals got moved to the new "Inactive" category. Anybody who wants to participate again just has to submit a list for season 1.

Not much progress to report from me, i think i have to put more PS4 games on my future lists, i seem to have much less motivation to play my PS3 and VITA at the moment. Also i got Mafia 3 in a sale and i started to play Smite again...

Edited by gernboes

Ok, i am super proud of myself, i'm done with my Season 1 list ! Yeah !

Season 1 list: 

- AC II : Platinum

- God of War III - Platinum

- Heavy Rain - Platinum

- Everybody Gone Rapture- Platinum

- COD: AW - story completed

So this ends my first entry of blackloggery and i want to thank the organizer of the challenge, you helped me get back in trophy hunting, lower my backlog and save money..because a miracle happened... I haven't spent a dime on games since the boxing day !

So let's continue on that momentum and i'll allready submit my Season 2 list and start it right now if It's okay.

Season 2: 

Mafia III- Platinum

Deadly Tower of Monsters - Platinum

AC Brotherhood - Story completion

Homefront Revolution- Story and 50%+ trophies

Saint Row: Gat out of Hell- Story and 50%+ trophies

Shantae: Risky's Revenge- C rank

Badland : C rank

** all those games are at 0% at this moment.

Happy thophy hunting to you all :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

So let's continue on that momentum and i'll allready submit my Season 2 list and start it right now if It's okay.

You've still got a whole month in S1, why not add the games you'll play in March to S1 instead of starting S2 a month ahead of time?

Update of my own:

Played some more Witcher, stopped for dinner when I started on the quest the witches gave me. I now recall that I played through some of this already, at least I remember Johnny.

I thought a "bog" was supposed to be scary trees and ominous mists, but for now I've barely seen a light forest area, no bog or swamp as I expected it to be...

16 hours ago, gernboes said:

Oh, you're in for a treat, the part in the bog belongs to the best ones in the whole game, in my opinion, very atmospheric and full of fairy tale like folklore. I get goosebumps an can hear the music thinking about it! The whole bloody baron questline is one of the most memorable sequences in gaming ever, if you ask me.

Perhaps I should have gone at night instead of by day...

Don't really know what I think of the Bloody Baron's questline (I definitely did not meet him last time around) but the bit about

Spoiler

giving the miscarried fetus a proper burial

was very strong indeed.

Stats (yes they're different, obtained one random trophy):

Spoiler

Season 1

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3% (not going to happen any more thanks to corrupted savegame)
  • Bound || PS4 || goal: story and collectables || start: 3%, finish 56% (9% after first playthrough)
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 12% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 100%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

Season I

• Fez (PS4) 100% (I will likely finish this extremely soon.
  • Far Cry 3 (PS3) Platinum
  • Ultratron (PS4) 100%
  • Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) 100%
  • Xeodrifter (PS4) 100%
  • MLB 15: The Show (PS4) Platinum

UPDATE TIME: :D I have finished Xeodrifter!

I wish I would have put Woah Dave or any of the other 6-7 games I've completed lately, but that'll have to do... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

You've still got a whole month in S1, why not add the games you'll play in March to S1 instead of starting S2 a month ahead of time?

So BillyHorrible, you just asked me a very interesting question here. I asked myself the same. Here goes my reflexion on it.

Within the last 2 or 3 weeks, i got a bit bored having only two backlog games to finish because of the lack of variety. And when i get bored with games, i buy new ones ! 

So , that being said, i prefered to add the seven games i had in mind for Season 2 allready besides of adding only 1 or 2 games to the remaining of S1.

So this way i keep myself super motivated to work on that huge backlog. And dont worry, i have soooo many games in there i allready have 7+ games allready waiting for S3 loll

On 21-2-2017 at 3:32 AM, dadoudelidou said:

On 22-2-2017 at 1:36 AM, dadoudelidou said:

So BillyHorrible, you just asked me a very interesting question here. I asked myself the same. Here goes my reflexion on it.

Within the last 2 or 3 weeks, i got a bit bored having only two backlog games to finish because of the lack of variety. And when i get bored with games, i buy new ones ! 

So , that being said, i prefered to add the seven games i had in mind for Season 2 allready besides of adding only 1 or 2 games to the remaining of S1.

So this way i keep myself super motivated to work on that huge backlog. And dont worry, i have soooo many games in there i allready have 7+ games allready waiting for S3 loll

My bad, I thought you meant you were already starting to play the games on your S2 list...

Update on my own stuff:

L4a541a.png

Still going strong in The Witcher III. I really want to finally get through this amazing game and I'm prepared to cancel my Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order now if that's what it takes.

Since my last post, I finished the Baron story line. @gernboes, you were right: I enjoyed the Crones storyline much more once the Crones started appearing for real, it's a very compelling story line and a fitting end for the Baron's story - without too many spoilers, for those who have played the game: I chose to free the spirit based on the technicality that the Crones never specifically asked me to outright kill it, and I had a gut feeling that the Crones would become a worse evil than the spirit.

So, after finishing that storyline two days ago, yesterday was filled with doing a few side quests and some Witcher contracts, so I could level up a bit and get rid of some entries in my quest log before continuing to Novigrad, where I will go to today.

I can't stress enough how much I like the atmosphere in this game and how much I want to finally get through a game as large as this one. I got a minor freakout yesterday when I finished the Defender Of The Faith side quest at the southern shrine, decided to go east through the wilderness towards a Witcher contract near Downwarren and I found myself in the exact place where I was when I first gave up on the game - in the middle of nowhere with many enemies, suddenly reaching the end of the map with a devil warning, and without any fast travel points nearby. Ran north-northeast with Roach as fast as I could, was very glad to reach a fast travel marker.

Stats have been updated a bit, I unlocked two trophies in the game - one for ending the Baron's story two days ago and one for one of the Witcher contracts I did yesterday.

Spoiler

Season 1

• The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 14% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Checking in since we're nearly at the 2/3rds mark in Season 1.

• Dishonored Definitive Edition || PS4 || Goal: Daud DLC story completion || Start: 68% || Current: 79% - Goal Complete
  • Dragon Age Inquisition || PS4 || Goal: Story completion inc Trespasser DLC || Start: 37% || Current: 39%
  • Tales of Graces f || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 11% || Current: 14%
  • Yakuza 5 || PS3 || Goal: Story completion || Start: 14% || Current: 35%

I've made the most progress with Yakuza 5, finishing Saejima's section and getting a good way into Part 3.  Having sidequests marked on the map is a massive quality of life improvement over the previous games.  The main plot so far has been convoluted and oddly paced, but I'm having a lot of fun with the 'another drama' missions and substories.  Best thing about the substories in Part 3:

Spoiler

Dance battles with Akiyama :yay:

In Dragon Age I could start the penultimate story mission at any time, but keep being distracted when I sit down to play it.  "Oh, I need to get more power to start the mission, let's go exploring.  Oh right, there's a side quest that's related to this mission, I should work on that first.  Hey, what about trying for that dragon killing trophy?"

Seeing Billy's updates on The Witcher 3 makes me want to go back to that, but I think I'd better finish Dragon Age first because it doesn't hold up very well in comparison (for me).

On 2/25/2017 at 3:28 AM, Fitzquaid said:

In Dragon Age I could start the penultimate story mission at any time, but keep being distracted when I sit down to play it.  "Oh, I need to get more power to start the mission, let's go exploring.  Oh right, there's a side quest that's related to this mission, I should work on that first.  Hey, what about trying for that dragon killing trophy?"

xD I fall into the same trap whenever I do an RPG. I know I can finish the game but have to get 100% in everything. This is going to be my bane when I try to take down Dark Cloud 2 in May... those damn golf missions! (I know, Spheda, but ugh!) :awesome:

EDIT: To whoever gave me advice about Psychonauts, thanks, but I am just not good in reflexes enough to beat the punching game even though I did it on my old account. RNG is unkind. I am going to ask someone to earn I LOVE PUNCHING! just so I can get this stupid trophy out of the way and not have the game hanging in my backlog and end up being incomplete forever. I know it's "YOU CHEATED!" but honestly, I HATE PUNCHING! X(

Edited by NebbyLunala

Update:

Lc5a562.png

Played through the DLC with the missus. Hadn't put this on my S1 goals but I could loan the game for a couple of days and it seemed like an easier thing for her to get back into than do everything in Avengers, we'll continue on that one now though I might as well make it a 2017 goal because it's not happening in S1.

Haven't got much to say about the DLC, it's just more of the same really. If you liked the main game then you'll probably like the DLC.

Laf972f.png

Haven't played this yet but I just wanted to say that I have added it to my game list for the KYC3 event. Because I've got so much to do thanks to Witcher 3 and the Switch though and because I tend to not finish many of the games I start for the KYC events, I decided to play only short story games for KYC3 except for Õkami and I've put Õkami at the end of my list so I can continue on it after the event, meaning I probably won't finish it in S1 but rather at the start of S2.

L4a541a.png

Since my last update, I went to Novigrad. Still there now, mostly done some main quests though I haven't played a lot more yet. Hope I can get a lot done today, Wednesday and Thursday because Friday is Zelda time! I will keep on playing Witcher III though, I'm really into it now and I feel like playing through it this time around, won't let myself get distracted any more (I chose short games for the KYC3 event so I could spend more time on Witcher 3 and Zelda).

Stats:

Spoiler

Season 1

• The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 14% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens DLC (PS4)

looking at what I almost finished and what's coming out i want. I should have a good 2 month window to target some backlog.

- I have 1 twilight mission to 100% Nioh

- trying to rush Tales of Berseria (base game, any %) before Nier Automata.

- try to beat Nier (maybe 100%) before Mass Effect Andromeda 

- beat Mass Effect before Persona 5.

100% Persona 5 before may.

- Yooka Laylee any %

depending on reviews I may get prey

the rest of may until June 30 (crash), and July 12 (ff12 hd), I'll target backlog games such as

Far cry 3

FEAR 2

Dishonored 1 (ps4 few chapters left), 

Dishonored 2

Darksiders War edition.

Star Ocean 5 (ew...)

needless to say I have a huge task ahead.

any time I finish a game early however I'll fit in some backlog games before next major release 

L4a541a.png

Since my last post, I managed to do a lot in Witcher III. It's starting to feel like spoilers if I say too much so let's just say I completed the storyline of Triss.

I have to say I preferred the uncomfortable tension of the crones and the other quests in Velen, though the switch (I can't use that word normally any more without thinking of the console... well played Nintendo) to a story in a medieval city with witch hunters has played out well, perhaps the game wouldn't have been as compelling if you just kept slaughtering monsters in the woods. I've got so many swords as loot now though, don't know what to do with them.

I've got some stuff in Novigrad to wrap up so I doubt that I'll be in Skellige any time soon. I ended my Triss story at the lighthouse, got a quest from Dijkstra afterwards that I want to look into because yeah, that king needs to go. Haven't done the "get the witch" quest I got from the king yet, want to do that as well but naturally I'll let the witch escape in any way the game will alow me to. I also have the papers for a play to deliver, and I have a feeling that that won't be the end of that quest.

All in all, I really like the game. I have a feeling I'm missing a lot by not playing the first two games though, it feels like every other quest gets me in touch with a character from the previous games and I should feel something for that but I don't because they're all completely new to me. This is the first time that I played an entry in a story-heavy game franchise with the same main character without having played earlier entries. I get that I "should" have played 1 and 2 as well but damn, 1 was released a decade ago and only for PC, while 2 was released half a decade ago and only for PC and X360. I feel like many people will not have played the earlier entries and the experience is lessened because of this whole "remember these guys" vibe the game is trying to put me in. The only other games I know where recurring characters are featured like this is Mass Effect and that trilogy has been released in five years, while Witcher has four years in between each installment (and the aforementioned lack of PlayStation support on earlier titles). It feels very convoluted that at the moment I need information from the king, there just so happens to be some general or other that I know from earlier adventures.

Anyway, enough nagging. It's an amazing game, the frequency of "remember this guy", the bad lip synching, a couple of character models that seem off and seeing the same face way too many times are really all that is really annoying in the game, it's near flawless otherwise.

Don't need to update my stats as I haven't obtained any trophies since the last update.

... Actually, going to change my stats after all.

Hemiak's KYC3 event starts tomorrow. Because I'll have the Switch come Friday, because I'm terrible at going back to games I started on for KYC events and because I am playing through Witcher III as well, I decided to pick short games for KYC3. These have been in my backlog for a while but I've never played them, and for nine out of ten I'd like to finish the story during the event (the tenth being Õkami which is already on my list here and which is too long to complete in those three days, but I already talked about that).

... Thus, I'm going to add nine goals to S1: completion of the story for all of those games. I know it's more goals than usual but I picked all these games because their stories can be completed in a few hours (less than ten, many less than five), so I should be fine.

Those nine games are:

1. TorqueL
  2. Four Sided Fantasy
  3. Kitten Squad
  4. Stories: The Path Of Destinies
  5. Kung Fury: Street Rage
  6. Tearaway Unfolded*
  7. Invisible, Inc.
  8. Ultratron
  9. This War Of Mine: The Little Ones

*Tearaway Unfolded has possibly been leaked as a PS+ game for March. If it's not on PS+, I'll just change this goal for a different game that I'll add to the KYC3 roster. If it is on PS+, then I might change out one of the other games (likely Kitten Squad or Ultratron) for a second March PS+ game.

I bought Four Sided Fantasy and Kung Fury last weekend in the sale, the others have been on my backlog ever since they appeared on PS+.

So, other open goals:

Bloodborne - game can't save correctly any more. Got rid of it, will try again at a later point with the GOTY version

LEGO Marvel's Avengers - moved to 2017 long goals, my wife has less gaming time than expected this season

Õkami HD - will start March 28 as part of KYC3 but will not be finished in time

Psychonauts - will not go back to this until after finishing Witcher III

Witcher III - might still be able to complete the main story in time but DLC won't happen until S2

Spoiler

Season 1

• Four Sided Fantasy || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Invisible, Inc. || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Kitten Squad || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Kung Fury: Street Rage || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Stories: The Path Of Destinies || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Tearaway Unfolded || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • This War Of Mine: The Little Ones || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • TorqueL || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Ultratron || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • The Witcher III || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 14% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)

OK, another Update done!

As for me, i finally finished Lollipop Chainsaw

L79ba0c.png

I always have to motivate myself extra hard to get playing on my PS3, it just doesnt feel as good as the PS4, even the controller feels weird in my hands... But once i start, its actualy not that bad at all.
The game is typical Suda51, trashy, weird and fun. I actually will try for the platinum, shouldnt be that hard at all. I does require three playthroughs (two if you start on hard, but i didnt), but its pretty short, and i just play one chapter a day, so if i can keep that pace, i should have the plat in a little over a week.

Im also still working on the plat for AC:Unity, and im also playing Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I only have two games on the vita left on my S1 list, so ill add a few games on my home consoles. I still dont have decided how i will go about adding additional games to my list, but for the time i will only add additional games to my list when i have reached all my goals for that specific platform. (Although im not decided if i seperate PS3 & PS4 for this, or if ill just seperate Home consoles and portables)

L152065.png

Mafia III
I actualy started this game during S1, but disnt want to add games to my list as long as i still ahve open goals (apart from the vita games, which i rarely play at home)

Got it cheap in some sale, so far, its a good game, but nothing ground-breaking.

My goal will just be story completion, i may go for the plat, but it needs two playthroughs and im not 100% sure i want to do that, also i have heard of some glitched trophies that could make a third playthrough necessary, and i know that i wont do that.

L8927e6.png

Asura's Wrath

Got his game ages ago, and never played it so far... No specific reason why not though. Again, my goal will be Story completion. The plat requires 4 playthroughs, and i dont know if i can be bothered.

... Guys, why is everybody so quiet? Are you not working on your backlogs any more?

Update

L4a541a.png

I seem to have finished all main quests in Novigrad now. Yesterday, I freed Dandelion and then I did some side quests, mainly contracts.

Haven't got much new to say about the game. Still liking it a lot. I'm going to do most of the sidequests and contracts now before I head to Skellige (except those for which I am hilarously underleveled, that is).

Lc62f5b.png

After some initial problems (something with my old main controller, the game would correctly register that I held R2 (the R2 icon in the tutorial message would turn darker) but it was too sensitive to actually lock the camera), I finally could start playing this game.

At first I was still annoyed with the game because of the controller issues but thanks to my second controller (which has only been used those rare times my wife joins in on a LEGO or co-op platformer game) working like a charm, and thanks to the game being beautiful and a lot of fun, I was quickly enjoying myself again.

In about an hour of playtime (bit hard to guess as I was chatting with someone on PS4 during the first part of the game), I played through the entire game once. I knew the game was short which is why I didn't buy it when it was released for €10, but now it is on sale for €3 it's a very nice game to buy.

Four Sided Fantasy is a pure puzzle platformer. You need to manipulate the level by locking the camera in place - once you lock the camera, you can walk to the left off-screen and you turn up on the right side. Or, you jump off the edge, falling down and you'll keep falling from the top of the screen.

The game has a nice art style, that changes each world. It's fun to look at and while I have already forgotten the music in the game, I do remember that it felt fitting.

It's a simple mechanic that is used in a variety of ways. Each world adds a different theme to these puzzles, ensuring that the game will remain interesting. That makes the lack of length in the game a good thing - it's a small bite in between larger games, and it's too short to get bored by the gameplay. This way, the game also manages to keep throwing new puzzles at you every time, you'll rarely see a puzzle you've already done again so you keep having to think about how to solve the new puzzle.

The game was not that hard, though today (day two) I will try New Game + to see if it adds more fun and difficulty to the main game (I hope so). In the main first playthrough, I had to think about how to approach a few puzzles but I never got the feeling I was "stuck" - the parts of the level that needed to be used were often obvious, it was just a question of how to use them.

During my first playthrough, I obtained seven of the eleven trophies in the game - six are story related, one was a trophy that I got by accident. The four remaining trophies are for completing New Game +, finding a secret level, and completing the game with a minimal amount of either camera locks or screen wraps ("screen wrap" being the term for when you exit the screen on one side and turn up on the other side).

In short: Four Sided Fantasy is a beatiful puzzle platformer. It's very short but this is a good thing as the game never repeats itself and keeps you wanting for more instead of boring you after a while.

If you think you'll enjoy the game, it's still on sale in the EU store for only €3 people!

Stats

Spoiler

Season 1

• Four Sided Fantasy || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current 57% (57% after first playthrough)
  • TorqueL || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0% (tried it, hated it, will not play through it any more)
  • The Witcher III || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 16% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Four Sided Fantasy (PS4)

Edited by BillyHorrible

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Guys, why is everybody so quiet? Are you not working on your backlogs any more?

For me I've spent February working on 3 grindy games so I haven't finished any of them. The only thing I finished in February was Coffin Dodgers which didn't take long.

As for march, well I'm in the KYC3 event so no time to work on my backlog. I'm still thinking what 3 games I'll put on my season 2 list though, I'm pretty sure about 2 of them but that 3rd spot is so hard to fill!

Short update: played NG+ in FSF, didn't get the "minimal" trophies. Going to be hard to perfect this, no room for error. 

Did some side stuff in Witcher III, quests but mainly contracts. Only contracts that are left are stuff for which I'm hilariously underleveled, last two were above my own level (last one 24 while I was on 18) so I'll leave that for now. Think I'll go to Skellige next time I play to continue the main story.

Stats

Spoiler

Season 1

• Four Sided Fantasy || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current 66% (57% after first playthrough)
  • TorqueL || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0% (tried it, hated it, will not play through it any more)
  • The Witcher III || PS4 || goal: story (main+DLC) || start: 9%, current 18% (restarted the campaign, left the game 1.5 years ago)

2017 long goals

Eliminated from backlog:

Pre-Season

• Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Season I

• Bound (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Four Sided Fantasy (PS4)

I'm maybe at 1/3 of my first playthrough on Mafia III 

The story is great so far and i haven't yet came to a point where everything becomes redundant.

The major flaw right now is all the little bugs scattered everywhere (because i have to play the game on version 1.0 without any patch if i want an attemp for the Platinum.) 

Man some of those bugs can be funny tho !

Cars going through walls, NPCs hammering the concrete floor for no apparent reasons... and my favorite.... timelaps giving you sunset and sunrise every 4 seconds while driving around (seriously, It's trippy as hell)

I'm still not 100% sure i will Plat this game, it will depend if trophies glitch on me or not. I'm ready for two playthroughs, not three.