A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Finished up one more game from my list.

Final Fantasy XV

The world looks great as do the characters, even though the dungeons were a bit bland. The combat was great, but the AI of your partners was not well-optimized. It happened way too often that they would just be standing around.

One of the best things about the game is that there are quests, which give you an objective to do and thus progress gradually while leveling up at the same time. As a result there's barely any grinding that's forced upon you in order to progress.

The weakest part of the game is the voice-acting though. Anyone who isn't a main character has completely messed up lip sync, a really bad accent that doesn't fit into the game at all (looking at you Dino, for the worst Italian accent I've aver heard).

I've also made some progress in Atelier Firis.

Spoiler

Currently at the point where I have built the ship and gotten 3 of the possible 5 recommendations. Still contemplating if I should go for the remaining 2 recommendations, as they aren't really needed to progress.

Current character level is 16 and alchemy level is at 24 and have about 160 days left to reach the city for the "exam". I'll probably end up trying to get to at least level 20 before heading for the city though, so some grinding will be my main focus for a while.

Season V

• Demetrios (PS4) - Plat 6/10
  • Full Throttle - plat 7/10
  • Kona - plat 5/10
  • Wanted Corp (Vita) - plat 4/10
  • Atelier Firis - plat
  • Tales of Berseria - play through the game once
  • Cat Quest - plat 6/10
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - plat 7.5/10
  • Rogue Trooper Redux - plat 6/10
  • Rime - plat 6/10
  • Final Fantasy XV -plat 8/10

Mini update

Final Fantasy XII||Start:15/41, Rank D||Goal: Rank A||Current: 28/41, Rank A

Finally got it to rank and get it off the list. I'll probably come back to it later, but I've got several games I want to start so it'll be a while.

Dragon Age: Inquisition||Start:11/70, Rank D|| Goal: Story Completion, Rank A||Current: 27/70, Rank C

Still working on it

Kingdom Hearts HD||Start: 10/56, Rank D||Goal: Rank A||Current: 16/56, Rank C

I've been ignoring it while focusing on the other 2, but i have made some progress. 

Overwatch: Origins||Start:58/70(53/60 base game), Rank A||Goal: Platinum|| Current:60/70, Rank A

Its a slow and steady approach to this.

Season V

Mass Effect: Andromeda || Start: 32/56, Rank B|| Goal: Rank A|| Current: 56/56, Rank S

Dragon Age 2 || Start: 22/6, Rank C|| Goal: Rank A|| Current: 49/66 Rank A

Final Fantasy XII||Start:15/41, Rank D||Goal: Rank A||Current: 28/41, Rank A

Edited by Howling-Lady

• 3 weeks later...

@gernboes Well, I didn't complete any of my games.  Too many sales and great games from PS+.  I'd really like to try again come April 1, so please keep me on the list!

My games will be:

Koi

Song of the Deep

Claire

Unfinished Swan

Edited by Lorajet

Is it too late to submit a request to join in on the April season? I have accrued a large backlog now thanks to Kill Your Completion and the Spring Backlog challenges so I want to try to knock it down a bit and have some goals to work towards.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.3.2018 at 5:24 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

Is it too late to submit a request to join in on the April season? I have accrued a large backlog now thanks to Kill Your Completion and the Spring Backlog challenges so I want to try to knock it down a bit and have some goals to work towards.

No, its not tot late, just submit your list!

I've been doing the end of season update, i have updated all completed games, just have to move them to the completed lists and add the lists for the new season.

So far though, almost nobody (me included) has submited their lists for Season VI which technically started on april 1st, so I'll wait before i remove anybody to the inactive list for another week - until april 22nd!

Managed to get 4/7 games to where I wanted them. Only missed out in getting Kingdom Hearts HD and God of War to Rank A, also the Overwatch Plat but I didn’t put much time into that one.

Did get my completion percentage over 50, to 51.34 despite adding a few games to my collection. 

Still up another season, carrying over 2 of the games that I missed. I don’t think I’ll be able to plat Overwatch yet, so I’ll put that goal aside.

Season VI list:
Kingdom Hearts HD|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 25/56, C Rank
I was slowed down by gummi ship missions. Currently trying to do as much as possible on proud mode, but will have to do another play through.

God of War|| Goal: C Rank|| Current: 14/36, D Rank
Cannot seem to get into this game despite playing back in ps2 and enjoying it. Not sure I’ll be able to make much progress. So I lowered my goal from A to C, to at least get the completion percentage up.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 1/31, E Rank
Bought and played it once. Never went back to it. Shouldn’t be too bad to get it to rank A, assuming I can get into it.

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 0/15, 
Bought months ago, never played it. I’ve heard good things about it, and it’s easy trophy list, so hopefully I’ll get it done.

Eliminated from backlog:

Mass Effect: Andromeda || Start: 32/56, B Rank|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 56/56, S Rank

Dragon Age 2 || Start: 22/66, C Rank|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 49/66, A Rank

Final Fantasy XII||Start:15/41, D Rank||Goal: A Rank||Current: 28/41, A Rank

Dragon Age:Inquisition || Start:  11/70, D Rank|| Goal: A Rank|| Current 43/70, A Rank

Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 2

Small update: I've completed MLB the Show 17 - so I've completed all my games from Season V but Uncharted.

However, please put me on the inactive list - I'm focusing too badly in other events that I'm being negligent about this one, and I might not focusing in this one as I should (my lenience about Uncharted probably says it well... - and I even do not have a Season VI entry list...). So, when I could keep a proper focus on this event, I will return.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Update on Season V 

I've completed 4 out of 6 games this Season

Lego Harry Potter Y5-7 - Platinum

Mass Effect : Andromeda -Platinum

Unchartered LL : Platinum 

Bioshock Infinite : Story

I've tried Titanfall 2 and disliked it. I haven't been able to go through the story ..let alone the Plat... So I've decided to place it aside for now. Maybe I'll go back to it some day, at least the MP trophies are done.

Season VI list

1. Doom // 0% // Platinum

2. Crash B. Warped // 15% // Platinum

3. FF XII // 24% // Platinum

4. Oxenfree // 9% // Platinum

5. Okami // 0% // Story, maybe Plat

6. Batman Arkham City // 0% // Story

7. Yakuza Kiwami // 0% // Story

8. Lego Star Wars // 0% // Platinum

9. The Sexy Brutale // 0% // Platinum

After those 9 games, my backlog will be officially DONE !!! So I'll be able to buy all the new awesome games that go out since the last year ?

As well, I'll be going on a 4 weeks trip in May so I won't play at all, leaving my backlog unattended for a little while.

Hi, this looks like a fun enough challenge.

Count me in!

So here's the my list:

Assassin's Creed III (PS3) 95% || Goal 100%

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3) 75% || Goal 100%

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3) 63% || Complete all online trophies

Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) 36% || Complete all online trophies

GTA IV (PS3) 1% || Complete all online trophies

I think that's enough for my first run...

• Like 1

Since I don't see my name on the list, I would like to request to join this season. Here are the games I'd like to finish for this season:

• LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Platinum
    (I have gotten to Chapter 5 in Story Mode but it's a LEGO game)
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son - Platinum
    (only 1/3 of the way through my first playthrough, need to get back on that despite the cutscenes)
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Platinum, but not 100%
    (I do not have all of the DLC and I heard Friends to the End is Nintendo Hard so I just want to get the platinum first)
  • Dark Cloud 2 - Platinum
    (I already have half of the medals in the game, so all I have to do is 100% Moonflower Palace so I can complete Chapter 7, clean up the medals for Medal Head and work on a fish to win Finny Frenzy and get the Fork Lure for that Baron Garayan catching.)
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - get to Chapter 20
    (I really need to get to get to the final chapter of the game but to do that I need to complete all of the side-missions and the fight with UltraForceVeedramon is insane.)

Sticking to these because I also have LEGO City Undercover for the Spring Fling event 2G53 is running.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

On 18.4.2018 at 7:32 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

Since I don't see my name on the list, I would like to request to join this season. Here are the games I'd like to finish for this season:

Havent added you so far, because i didnt have a list, will add you when i do the big update later today!

Heres my Season VI list:

L0024ed.png

This is a bit of a cheat, because i allready finished it, but im adding it because i was done with it on april 15th, and the Season did technically start on april 1st.

So, plat and done :)

L827e0a.png

After playing the first game i was really looking forward to this, have it already started and only the last episode to go.

Goal: Plat

L88f3a6.png

One of those rare day one purchases for me. Loved the series and loving what i played so far.

Lf6df71.png

I dabbled with Yakuza games before, but never completed one, and with the remakes coming, this seems like a perfect starting point.

Goal: Story, the platinum sounds like a pain in the ass...

L7c55f3.png

Want to play this in preparation for Automata. And after this maybe Drakengard 3? Still not decided on that one...

Goal: Story for the time, maybe Plat...

Lca7015.png

One of those quick and easy Platinums, and what i heard a good game too...

• Like 1

Managed to get Assassin's Creed III (PS3) done and completed.

Not that hard of a game to 100% apart for getting the 4 players to boost All for One in the Battle Hardened DLC...

Now moving on to grinding XP to get to level 55 in ACIV... I managed to get from lvl 24 to 49 in a few days... will probably get to 55 tonight or tomorrow (I just play 1 or 2h a night)

Edited by Djaspoo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

La511ee.png

Done. Nice little puzzle game. Astonishingly i didnt have to look up solutions for the puzzles, is just used a guide for the collectibles after having finished the game. A little annoying was that you could fast travel between the regions, but if you misseda collectible in say the fifth level of an area, you had to do the first four levels again...

L88f3a6.png

Finished the story and most of the sidequests, just a few collectibles and optional areas/bosses left (wont say more, so i dont spoil anything...)

L719941.png

Im adding VA-11 Hall-A on the VITA to my list, a cyberpunk bartending visual novel...

• Like 1

Challenge Update:

Have now completed ACIII and ACIV at 100% and have moved on to Batman: Arkham Origins Online Trophies.

Assassin's Creed III (PS3) 95% || Goal 100% Done!

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3) 75% || Goal 100% Done!

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3) 63% || Complete all online trophies

Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) 36% || Complete all online trophies

GTA IV (PS3) 1% || Complete all online trophies

• Like 1

Casual Backlog Update Season VI

Finished 2 games in my list, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix(kept calling HD for some reason), and Death of the Outsider. 

Gonna add 2 games to replace them. 

Season VI list

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 56/56, S Rank

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider|| Goal: A Rank|| Current: 31/31, S Rank

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 0/15, E Rank
My next target I think, hopefully an easy time

I haven’t even tried playing in weeks. Gonna see if I feel up to playing before the season ends.

Trine: Enchanted Edition|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 0/47
Bought the trilogy while it was on sale months  ago and just never got around to playing it. Heard good things and it’s not an hard plat from what I heard

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories|| Goal S Rank|| Current: 3/48, E Rank
Just started this. I’m not a fan of the card system but I’m determined to finish this
Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 3:00 PM, dadoudelidou said:

Season VI list

1. Doom // 0% // Platinum

2. Crash B. Warped // 15% // Plat

3. FF XII // 24% // Platinum

4. Oxenfree // 9% // Platinum

5. Okami // 0% // Story, maybe Plat

6. Batman Arkham City / 0%// Story

7. Yakuza Kiwami // 0% // Story

8. Lego Star Wars // 0% // Platinum

9. The Sexy Brutale // 0% /Plat

Season VI Update:

Oxenfree : Got the Plat and i happily surprised how that game was good :)

I'd reccommand anyone who wants to plat that game to give it a blind playthough to enjoy it. 

Crash Bandicoot: Warped : finally got the Plat and my GOD those time trials are a challenge ! Maybe at some point in the future I'll go back to Crash 1 and 2 to plat them. Good games ! 

Doom: Got all the online trophies out of the way, next on my list to tackle. So far from what I've seen of it it seems a lotta fun (this said from someone that doesn't like FPS games usually )

Lego Star Wars : Force awakens : So far, I'm a little more than halfway through my first playthrough and I have to say, it is one of the BEST Lego games I've played. It keeps me on the edge of my seat with its action packed and the levels are well thought. 

I'll be in vacations for 4 weeks away from home so my backlog will remain untouched for a while.

• Like 1

L88f3a6.png

Got the Platinum, but im still going to try and 100% it, im missing a few chests and lore markers, then i have everything. But as for my list, it is done.

Lca7015.png

Just as i thought, a very short and easy plat. also done.

Next i will finish Before the Storm, and then there are only Nier and Yakuza left for the moment, although i am in the mood for something... i dont know... less demanding... so maybe ill add something else to my list before tackling those two.

• Like 1

Minor update:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories|| Goal S Rank|| Current: 11/48, C Rank
I really don’t like the card system and in general it’s just rehashing the worlds from the first game so rather boring to me. I can only seem to do small bits before playing something else.

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 15/15, S Rank
Knocked it out in one sitting while taking a break from Re:CoM. Fun and interest game.

Haven’t touched God of War or Trine yet, but I’d like to add something to replace Hellblade. 

Horizon: Zero Dawn|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 57/79, A Rank
Platted it last summer and it was great. Then the ng+ trophies hit, followed by the dlc and it dropped to A rank. Currently halfway through a ng+ Ultra Hard run after which I’ll tackle the dlc.
Edited by Howling-Lady

On 17.5.2018 at 10:26 AM, gernboes said:

Next i will finish Before the Storm, and then there are only Nier and Yakuza left for the moment, although i am in the mood for something... i dont know... less demanding... so maybe ill add something else to my list before tackling those two.

Yeah, well this somehow lead to me starting Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, not really less demanding... So i wont add it to my list for now, im not sure i will stick to it... Probably going to be distracted and play it more at a later time (hopefully!)

Two games i do want to add are:

Lba8c60.png

Bought a long time ago in a sale, never played it.Goal will be Platinum.

L4e52ba.png

I have played this a bit shortly after release, but didnt complete the campaign. Dabbled a bit in MP and then lost interest... I think the Plat is impossible for me (or at least it would take an unreasonable amount of time and patience), so ill go for Story and Rank A or B.

• Like 2

Horizon: Zero Dawn|| Goal: S Rank|| Current: 79/79, S Rank

I finally got around to finishing this. The dlc was a great addition and gave me hopes for a nice sequel to this.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories|| Goal S Rank|| Current: 13/48, C Rank

A slow process as I'm not enjoying this game and have had pretty terrible luck with the rng that looks to be adding to the grind I'll have to do. Might end up shelving this if I get about halfway.

Still haven't touched God of War or Trine and I probably won't as I signed up for Camp Wannalottaplat and did't add those to my list there. But I have completed 4 games now this season so I'll add 2 games that I'll be trying to finish during June.

Mass Effect 2 || Goal S Rank|| Current 48/59 B Rank

I have a halfway done Insanity playthrough to finish and some cleanup, tho I think I'm missing the arrival dlc.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm||Goal S Rank|| Current 0/35

I played the original game and enjoyed it, plus I know it'll be easy to plat this.

Season VI

Life is Strange: Before the Storm||Goal S Rank|| Current 0/35

• 1 month later...

My list for summer July 1st - Oct 1st. 

1.) Tomb Raider: Underworld - Platinum 

2.) Alice: Madness Returns - Platinum

3.) Dead Space - Platinum 

4.) Final Fantasy VII - Platinum

5.) The Order 1886 - Platinum 

6.) Okage: Shadow King - Platinum 

This list is way overdue and I really need to get them done. I've been procrastinating long enough. Time get these platinums! ?

*Whatever I don't complete during this season will be carried over into the next season.

Edited by FireFoxie
  • Like 1

I finished God of War and LiS:BtS but haven't made any progress in Trine or Mass Effect 2. I did get some progress into KHCoM but not enough to get the plat and I've stalled out on that. Only a few days left so I don't expect I'll get any trophies done, definitely won't be starting Trine anytime soon. Still I had a good season, knocked out 6 games off my backlog. I'm still deciding my Season VII list so I'll report back when I have it decided, I think only KHCoM is carrying over.

Season VI 6/9

God of War|| Goal: C Rank|| Current: 36/36, S Rank

Life is Strange: Before the Storm||Goal S Rank|| Current 35/35 S Rank

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories|| Goal S Rank|| Current: 30/48, A Rank

• Like 1