A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Quick little update from me, im adding Uncharted 3 on PS4 to my list.

I played all the Uncharted games on PS3 but wanted to replay them again on PS$ before playing the 4th part, and this is the last one missing.

Goal will be only Story completion, crushing mode was always too much for me!

L61c711.png

• Like 2

Personal update: I finished Atelier Firis. My next ones will be MLB (due to another event as well) and F1 2017 (maybe I'm near to Rank A...).

My updated status this season:

• Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Journey || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 100%
  • F1 2017 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 57% (B)
  • MLB The Show 17 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 0% (unstarted)
  • NASCAR Days of Thunder || Goal: All offline trophies (14 of 16) || Current Progress: 100%
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 0%
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 4%
  • Like 1

Season Update:

Just got my Plat on Masse Effect Andromeda finally ! ?

Judge me all you want, I loved the game, the combat system got me hooked and visually the scenery on the planets was stunning.

Next Bioshock Infinite, I'm actually almost done with it (I'm aiming for story completion and a B Rank). 

I'm am confused about the Bioshock games... It is definitely not the type of games I usually like (FPS horror-ish) but the combat is sooool addictive that I cannot put it down. 

Taken off the backlog :

- Mass effect Andromeda - Plat

- Unchartered Lost Legacy - Plat

Remaining to take off backlog:

- Bioshock Infinite (story + B Rank)

- Lego HP Y5-7 - Plat

- Titanfall 2 - Plat

- Doom - Plat

• Like 1

I've been slacking with the games from my list lately, so I've decided to add more :P .

The new list looks like this:

Season V

• Demetrios (PS4) - Plat 6/10
  • Full Throttle - plat 7/10
  • Kona - plat 5/10
  • Wanted Corp (Vita) - plat 4/10
  • Atelier Firis - plat
  • Tales of Berseria - play through the game once
  • Cat Quest - plat
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - plat
  • Rogue Trooper Redux - plat
  • Rime - plat

Already have a head start on Star Wars and Rogue Trooper. Only needing to replay all levels and get like 500 collectibles in the former and for the latter I already finished the most annoying bit which was the online.

Other than that I started Atelier Firis some time ago, but only finished up the Prologue bit. I wished games like Atelier and Tales would start improving their graphics, as they still look like PS2 games at times.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Season V Update

Syberia 100%  Well, Syberia is now finished. First game in the Syberia duo, and very enjoyable.  Same control issues.

Syberia 2  100%  Controls a bit wonky but a nice game.

Hatoful Boyfriend 100% Thought I wouldn't like this game but it was really sad.  Very good.

GOT   100% What a great game!  Iron from Ice!  Only complaint is I wanted more revenge!

Xblaze Lost: Memories 100% Not enough dungeon crawling in that one.

South Park: SOT

So plan on adding South Park: SOT for another game to play as the others are now finished.

• Like 1

Made some progress over the weekend.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens platted. Fun game and one of the best LEGO games I've played so far. The gameplay felt improved overall and the collectibles grind didn't seem too bad this time around. Still experienced a few crashes though.

Rogue Trooer Redux also got some attention. I've finished the first 4 missions, which are between around 20 minutes long each. The game is a bit bland so far with environments being too similar. I already can tell that I'll have to do quite a bit of grinding once I finish the playthrough. I'm a third into the game and don't even have a fourth of the salvage needed.

Atelier Firis is slowly being worked on. I'm still fairly early in the game and the time limit (even though it's only for the first section of the game) is starting to bother me. Some quests being reliant on exploring to find the items or enemies you need, works against that kind of system. I also think I'm focusing on leveling up Alchemy too much (currently level 12) instead of leveling up the character (still level 5).

Season V

• Kona - plat 5/10
  • Atelier Firis - plat
  • Cat Quest - plat
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - plat 7.5/10
  • Rogue Trooper Redux - plat
  • Rime - plat

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Made some progress on my games

The Swappper: good puzzle game, with great atmosphere. Some puzzles are a bit too sensitive to the game wonky physics, but otherwise, the difficulty is well adjusted throughout and the puzzles are interesting. The story is a bit obscure and didn't hook me that much, but it didn't detract from the overall positive experience. The trophies are completely optional and I would never have found any of them without a guide.

King's Quest : I made a mistake stating I would go for the 100% since I only own the first episode. I obtained all the trophies of this first episode though. Good adventure game, with above average puzzles, and a chessy sense of humor. I won't be buying the foloowing episodes (I'm trying to tame the backlog!), but I would play them if they came to PS+ (unlikely, as this first episode was already offered this way).

As a bonus, I also 100%'ed Grow Home, after trying it a few years back and bouncing off of it quick, due to the purposefully messy controls and initial slow pace. And once you level up your jetpack a bit, everything's much more accessible and fun, and I had a blast climbing and gliding to impresive heights. The collectibles radar unlocked through uPlay is a must though.

As this season has gone well so far, I'm also adding three games to my list

My season V list :

• Titanfall 2 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 75% Rank A
  • The Swapper  || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 100%
  • Everything  || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 0%
  • King's Quest Goal: 30% || Current Progress: 30%
  • Grow Home || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 100%
  • Invisible Inc  || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 3%
  • Grim Fandango || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 0%
  • Bastion || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 1%
  • Wolfenstein The Old Blood || Goal: Rank A  || Current Progress: Rank B
  • Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 9:45 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens platted. Fun game and one of the best LEGO games I've played so far. The gameplay felt improved overall and the collectibles grind didn't seem too bad this time around. Still experienced a few crashes though.

Good to know that Lego Star Wars is fun because it's sitting in my backlog and I might start it sooner than expected :)

Update: 

Just finished the story on Bioshock Infinite and even got a B Rank on it.

Despite not being a bad game at all I'm happy that my time with it is done. Not being a fan of FPS and horror-ish games this one isn't quite in my alley... Still had fun with it though, mostly because of the fun and fast pace combat. 

Now on to Titanfall 2 , let's Plat this ?

Taken off backlog:

Mass Effect Andromeda - Plat

Unchartered Lost Legacy - Plat

Bioshock Infinite - Story

Remaining to take off backlog:

Titanfall 2 - Plat.  (0%)

Doom - Plat.  (0%)

Lego Harry Potter Y5-7 - Plat  (0%)

Edited by dadoudelidou
Grammar..

Season V Update

Syberia 100%  Well, Syberia is now finished. First game in the Syberia duo, and very enjoyable.  Same control issues.

Hatoful Boyfriend 100% Thought I wouldn't like this game but it was really sad.  Very good.

GOT   100% What a great game!  Iron from Ice!  Only complaint is I wanted more revenge!

South Park SOT 100%  Great game, collectibles were maddening!

• Like 4

? Is it just me or did you put Stick of Truth on every event you are in? So far the only update to most of the threads here is you, @PermaFox, saying you platinumed Stick of Truth. xD

Well, congrats. That is one game I would go to hell for if I left the trophy list pop on my account. Not that I am dissing it, because that's what the creators of South Park the cartoon wanted to do - piss off a lot of prudes by making the most nasty IP they could. And anyways, after watching my usual gaming videos, the profanites spewed there are a lot worse. xD

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

Season V Update

Syberia 100%  Well, Syberia is now finished. First game in the Syberia duo, and very enjoyable.  Same control issues.

Awesome work!  Agree with you on SP - I had to replay the game to get the collectibles that I missed.  Also, the friends trophy glitched on me and required another play through. Love your YT channel!  I'm in too many events right now and don't know if I can complete everything. ☹️

5 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

1f63c.png Is it just me or did you put Stick of Truth on every event you are in? So far the only update to most of the threads here is you, @PermaFox, saying you platinumed Stick of Truth. xD

Well, congrats. That is one game I would go to hell for if I left the trophy list pop on my account. Not that I am dissing it, because that's what the creators of South Park the cartoon wanted to do - piss off a lot of prudes by making the most nasty IP they could. And anyways, after watching my usual gaming videos, the profanites spewed there are a lot worse. xD

So what?  I do the same thing - I don't sit around the house playing games all day - I actually go outside.

• Like 2

@Lorajet I had to keep a spreadsheet to track everything!  A game shouldn't be so involved! ?  Yea, I posted this one on YT and we got a lot of laughs!

@Tesla_Rules LOL!  Don't know if I'm planning on playing SP: Fractured....of course, if it is free or goes on sale for a REALLY good deal I'll do it! 

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Season V Update

Congrats Foxy!  I know the feeling with the PS3 going on the fritz, you gotta clean up those games!  I need to get off of my ass, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Season V Update

Nicely done PF. Congrats on finishing all your games. South Park SOT and those collectables are on my to do list at some point too.

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Awesome work!  Agree with you on SP - I had to replay the game to get the collectibles that I missed.  Also, the friends trophy glitched on me and required another play through. Love your YT channel!  I'm in too many events right now and don't know if I can complete everything. 2639.png

Whats the YT channel under? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Whats the YT channel under? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Why thank you, my friend.  I'm in the process of rebuilding the channel and using better capture equipment and will give you link as soon as it is done!

• Like 1

I guess it's time for another update as I actually wrapped up quite a few games.

Cat Quest - While a fairly enjoyable light RPG it had it's annoyances. Having missions that send you back and forth from the edges of the map on a regular bases was bothersome and the equipment system was the worst I've ever seen. It doesn't scale with your level and most of the time the items you get are random.

Rogue Trooper Redux - Again, fairly mediocre game. The campaign was alright, although the lack of variation made it a bit repetitive. Worse was the online portion, which is just plain dull. The control scheme was also somewhat of a mess.

Rime - Mediocre, once again. While it is pretty and the platforming felt alright, the gameplay itself just felt a bit bland. The game also has some really bad frame rate issues on chapter 2 or 3. Moving the camera made the game slow down to a crawl. Also it gave me "Where the Wild Things Are" flashbacks, which is not a good thing.

I'll be adding FF XV to the list again. Other than that I probably won't update much for the rest of this month as I'm focusing on a couple of other games that aren't on the list.

Season V

• Kona - plat 5/10
  • Atelier Firis - plat
  • Cat Quest - plat 6/10
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - plat 7.5/10
  • Rogue Trooper Redux - plat 6/10
  • Rime - plat 6/10
  • Final Fantasy XV -plat

42 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Rime - Mediocre, once again. While it is pretty and the platforming felt alright, the gameplay itself just felt a bit bland. The game also has some really bad frame rate issues on chapter 2 or 3. Moving the camera made the game slow down to a crawl. Also it gave me "Where the Wild Things Are" flashbacks, which is not a good thing.

Ohhhh no ! 

I just finished chap 1 and so far i like the gameplay. I noticed as well some MAJOR framedrop too.. 

6 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Ohhhh no ! 

I just finished chap 1 and so far i like the gameplay. I noticed as well some MAJOR framedrop too.. 

You might still enjoy it more than I did. Personally I think it doesn't come close to how brilliant the developers previous game was (The Sexy Brutale).

• Like 1

Small update: I reached my setted goal for F1 2017 - actually, when I reached 58% completion on this game, the PSNP ranks were changing between A and B rank, but I think my rank will be kept as "A" with 60% completion (considering also I can even achieve some more trophies of this game by the end of this season):

Updated table:

My updated status this season:

• Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Journey || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 100%
  • F1 2017 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 60% (A)
  • MLB The Show 17 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 0% (unstarted)
  • NASCAR Days of Thunder || Goal: All offline trophies (14 of 16) || Current Progress: 100%
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 0%
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 4%

My next one will be MLB the Show (considering that this game is also listed as part of another event as well).

• Like 1

Quick update:

Have been hooked on FF XV for most of the past weekend. Had left off at chapter 3, am currently in chapter 8 and got most available sidequests out of the way. Already collected about half of the royal arms as well. The most annoying thing will be leveling up the skills, especially fishing which I have hated in any game and it's no different in this one. It's only at level 3 now and I need to get it to lvl 10 along with survival (lvl 6), cooking (lvl 4) and photography (lvl 9).

Kick update:

I started Titanfall 2  and so far ot looks fun. Haven't made à lot of progression yet but can't wait to practice a bit and start the time challenge trophy.

As well, i reactivated my PSN plus so I played mostly free PSN games this month. So I'm cleaning last year PSN backlog and tackling newer games to prevent more backlog :)

- Badlands (got some ultra rare trophies !)

- Super meat boy . man this game is fun! Can't stop playing it.

- TT Batman was an fun and easy Plat

- Rime. relaxing, beautiful puzzle game

A little status update from me!

Maybe some of you have wondered about the lack of updates, and i just want to explain a little bit about why i havent done any in the last weeks. But before i say anything else: I will not quit this event! Updates may vary in frequency for the foreseeable time, but i will do them!

So, i may have to explain a bit about my situation. I am a nurse and normally work 12 hour-shifts, so i only work 3 or 4 days a week in general. In combination with me having a 3 year old son, that means my gaming time under normal circumstances is limited to about 10 am to 2 pm on weekdays, when my son is in kindergarden and i dont have to work, and on evenings when my son and girlfriend are already asleep and i have no shift the next day.

Since the start of february though, i am in special training for ICU nurses, which takes a whole year and im alternating between school and internships on different wards. Currently im in school, so when im home, my family is also at home, and then i of course prioritize my family, which in turn severely limits my gaming time.

At the moment, i cant say how it will work when im in an internship, i will again have more free time where i can be alone at home, but i will also have to study for exams, so my gaming time will probably be more compared to when im in school, but not as much as before.

So for the next year, updates will be less regularly, and my gaming progress will be much slower.

• Like 1

Hey, gernboes, don't sweat blood about not being able to advance in the event. This is a casual event and has no deadline. Besides, if you are training to become a better nurse, that will help your job and get you promoted for more money to spend on games and I respect nurses a lot. My mom used to be a nurse before she grew old, and she's been encouraging me to keep my meds up(I have a bad perfect storm of allergy and sickness which makes my attempts to sleep futile) and my sister is interned as a nurse too, so I respect those who are helping keep hospitalized people comfy and healthy, so focus on your job and family. The video games won't go anywhere unless it's PS Now or Plus. Hell, I've had copies of games I haven't even touched yet and they haven't decayed or become spoiled like leftover bananas. xD

• Like 1