A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Update Time:

I've just platted Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4) and it's also my first platinum of 2017!?

Im going to be starting Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 next so I'll update you when I've finished it!? Finally getting down some of my backlog which I'm happy with?

• Like 2

Another small update done!

I also got some stuff done:

Le87c46.png

Finished Firewatch with 100% (nothing difficult there at all), and i really liked it. You have to like so called walking simulators, i guess, but the story is really well done, and i got for cheap also. I might even do another playthrough with the audio commentary, but seeing there are no trophies associated, officially, im finished with it.

L6a6132.png

Finished WET with 35% and an A rank. Had another look at the trophy-list, but theres nothing left thats worth the time, IMO. nice, stylish little game, but in the long run too repetitive.

I've started Lollipop Chainsaw and had a look at the trophy list too. I wont bother in my first playthrough, but depending how much fun i have, i might have another try at the platinum, doesnt seem too hard...

Also played a little bit of AC Unity and Danganronpa, so im quite happy with my progress so far.

• Like 1

Here's my update and as well sharing some of my frustration..

I'm currently playing Assasin's Creed II - the Ezio Collection on PS4.

Back in the days, that game made me a gamer. Yes , i loved playing Mario and Zelda back then but ACII opened a whole new world to me. Since then, i've played EVERY SINGLE Assasin's creed game out there and loved'em all. Even Unity! (once they fixed the bugs..)

Coming back to ACII after all those years... Was unfortunatly a bit of a mistake... Even if the story is still one of the best of the series.. So many things are outdated..

The graphics. The combat controls. The never ending deaths because Ezio decide to throw himself out of a wall. The not-friendly-at-all menu. The redundant stealth missions.

And most of all , the general controls and the lack of a proper CONTROL LAYOUT.

I'm currently almost at the end of the story. I started a few weeks ago the game. I've taken a break in december of the game. Therefore, i forgot about the controls (throwing a smoke bombs and poison darts) and nowhere i find the info on how to use those... And i need them for two specific trophies plus the combat without that results on square smashing wich makes it even more frustrating.. I tried everything but still cannot find how to throw a poison dart.. Grrrrrr

So that's it, I never thaught i'd say that but i regret to have bought the Ezio Collection and should have stick to my first feeling and buy the Bioshock collection beside..

P.S. A few of you guys have played ACII in this challenge so if you recall wich fricking button to press to throw a poison dart, i'm all ears ;)

12 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Here's my update and as well sharing some of my frustration..

I'm currently playing Assasin's Creed II - the Ezio Collection on PS4.

Back in the days, that game made me a gamer. Yes , i loved playing Mario and Zelda back then but ACII opened a whole new world to me. Since then, i've played EVERY SINGLE Assasin's creed game out there and loved'em all. Even Unity! (once they fixed the bugs..)

Coming back to ACII after all those years... Was unfortunatly a bit of a mistake... Even if the story is still one of the best of the series.. So many things are outdated..

The graphics. The combat controls. The never ending deaths because Ezio decide to throw himself out of a wall. The not-friendly-at-all menu. The redundant stealth missions.

And most of all , the general controls and the lack of a proper CONTROL LAYOUT.

I'm currently almost at the end of the story. I started a few weeks ago the game. I've taken a break in december of the game. Therefore, i forgot about the controls (throwing a smoke bombs and poison darts) and nowhere i find the info on how to use those... And i need them for two specific trophies plus the combat without that results on square smashing wich makes it even more frustrating.. I tried everything but still cannot find how to throw a poison dart.. Grrrrrr

So that's it, I never thaught i'd say that but i regret to have bought the Ezio Collection and should have stick to my first feeling and buy the Bioshock collection beside..

P.S. A few of you guys have played ACII in this challenge so if you recall wich fricking button to press to throw a poison dart, i'm all ears ;)

Luckily, my nostalgia glasses were pink enough to still enjoy the collection. Also I didn't just play them on X360 back in the day, I also replayed them on PS3 two years ago.

Yeah AC II was bad in terms of controls, Revelations feels much better.

I think when you've chisen the poison dart, you have to hold :square: while an enemy has been selected. Hope this helps, if it doesn't then I could load up the game after I wake up and check for you.

• Like 1

Thank you VERY much BillyHorrible for the quick response .

Yeah! The 3 chapters remaining will be wayyy more fun now that i can shoot stuff and throw bombs again! ;)

And i'm quite happy for you that your pink glasses are still working ! 

Even tho i'm a bit disapointed with ACII , i'll definitly give AC Brotherhood and Révélations a chance anyways. I'm happy to ear that the controls will improve.

Another update from me and yet another game crossed off the list.

Season 1:

• Borderlands - 1 character level
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat
  • Crysis  - Plat
  • Lost Dimension - Finish Story (again)
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat
  • Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat

Eliminated from Backlog

• Killzone (Pre-season)
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition (planned for Season 1, completed during pre-season)

This time I wrapped up the 2nd playthrough of Lost Dimension. Need at least 1 more for the plat, but knowing my luck it'll probably be another 2 or 3... Already annoying enough as it is, as I could've had the plat already, if I hadn't been unlucky with the random traitor picks :shakefist:. Anyway, the game is still fun to play, and at least now I sorted out all the missions on S rank so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

In other news I started Corpse Party: Blood Drive, which is very disappointing up to this point (only finished the first 2 chapters). I'm hoping it gets the horror elements down better, which are already a joke, as a face covered in red is apparently considered scary these days. Be that as it may, I'm hoping it starts picking up soon by focusing on the horror and not continue with the VN-like exposition. That stuff ain't got no place in a game like this.

For now I'm not going to add any more games to the list, until I finish at least 1 more of the 2 games remaining.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

10 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

This time I wrapped up the 2nd playthrough of Lost Dimension. Need at least 1 more for the plat, but knowing my luck it'll probably be another 2 or 3... Already annoying enough as it is, as I could've had the plat already, if I hadn't been unlucky with the random traitor picks :shakefist:.

If you want to be on the safe side with this, what I did was back up my save to PS+ before moving up to the next floor of the tower, then speed through an easy mission a few times until I'd figured out the traitor.  That way you have the option to jump back to the previous save if it turns out to be someone you need.

2 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

If you want to be on the safe side with this, what I did was back up my save to PS+ before moving up to the next floor of the tower, then speed through an easy mission a few times until I'd figured out the traitor.  That way you have the option to jump back to the previous save if it turns out to be someone you need.

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing for the next run. Wasn't sure how the randomness is generated. If it sets the traitors in stone for every floor once you start a new game+ or if it randomizes each floor individually as you reach them.

Recently got platinum on the following;

Silent Hill 3

Resident Evil Remake god I love that game!

and a few easy plat (eg Jazzpunk - which I really enjoyed)

Now trying top get plats in Resident Evil 0 (just need the no save and no healing runs) along with Tomb Raider Underworld which is a horrible broken mess. Now I know why I stopped playing it when I initially bought it.

After a couple of days canonballing A Link To The Past, and then doing some secret levels in Super Mario World, I decided to get back to the PS4 for a while again.

So, I've played through Metal Slug 3 now and I finally finished the last bit of Deadpool. I decided to start on Psychonauts, and I will play Õkami before March as well. At first I figured I would keep both for the KYC3 event but March is getting so busy for me with games (Horizon Zero Dawn and Fractured Butthole, possibly also Zelda and Snipperclipss) that I might just only use PS+ games that I kinda want to try out in the KYC3 event, not using games that I really want to take my time for.

Update:

L8ebf3a.png

Done Metal Slug 3. It's still a lot of fun, and much more varied than the earlier games in the franchise. I get why this is the one they keep porting over. I find myself constantly dying though, even on easy.

La87750.png

Good Deadpool humour, bland gameplay. Had to bring myself to finish the final arena because it was so much of a bore. The game is fun now that it's cheap but I would not have liked it if I had bought this full price (which is what I expected, which is why I waited until now). Tip: just put the game on easy and enjoy the quips and quirks.

L727275.png

I knew barely anything about this game but knowing it was made by Tim Schafer and the Double Fine goons was enough for me.

I did the training sequence for now. The game is a lot of fun, very reminiscent of the old N64 platformers indeed with lots of humour. The graphics suffer from me never having played this (so I don't have a nostalgia filter) but it's lots of fun, especially for how little I paid for it.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 4%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4) (Eliminated: MS1, MS2, MSX, MS3)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

I'm late, but I'm in (if you allow my admission... :D). Here's my list:

• Jeopardy || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 32%
  • Magic the Gathering 2014 || Goal: All DLC Trophies || Current Progress: Expansion Pack 0%
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 43%
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 1%
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 1%

Extra request:

• That Trivia Game || Goal: Achieve remaining Trophy || Current Progress: 70% (7 of 8 trophies)
Edited by JoaoQuique

Update Time:

I've platinumed Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 PS4 Collection! That's another game ticked off my backlog list...but then another game is coming in the post so it's not really going down but hey-ho:facepalm::D I'm gutted that I have no more Lego games to do now but next on my hit list is Assassins Creed Syndicate! 

17 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Update Time:

I've platinumed Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 PS4 Collection! That's another game ticked off my backlog list...but then another game is coming in the post so it's not really going down but hey-ho:facepalm::D I'm gutted that I have no more Lego games to do now but next on my hit list is Assassins Creed Syndicate! 

Welcome to the club of never-ending backlogs :P.

• Like 1

I've finished the Metal Slug games. Not much more to say about them than I already have, I think 2 or 3 was probably the best.

Stats:

Spoiler

Season I

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16% (started during pre-season on 0%)
  • Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Deadpool || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 40%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%, current: 9%
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS1
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS2
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MSX
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS3
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS4
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS5
  • Metal Slug Anthology || PS4 || goal: get through MS6
  • Õkami HD || PS3 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Psychonauts || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 4%
  • The Witcher 3 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 9% (but will restart the campaign)

2017 long goals

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 73% (finished story on 57%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: 100% || current: 51% (finished story on 51%)
  • Assassin's Creed III || PS3 || goal: 100% DLC Ep2/Ep3 || current: 0%/0% (started 2017 on 0%/0%)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag || PS4 || goal: MP grind || current: 0/2 (level: 21/55, started 2017 on level 7)
  • DRIVECLUB || PS4 || goal: Champion in season pass DLC || current: 0/11 (other 7 done before 2017)

Eliminated from Backlog

• Actual Sunlight (Vita) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS4) (100%)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (PS4) (100%)
  • Deadpool (PS4)
  • Metal Slug Anthology (PS4)
  • Watch_Dogs 2 (PS4)

Edited by BillyHorrible

Update :

Assasin's Creed II - Plat

GoW 3 - Plat

COD:Aw - Story completed

Everybody gone Rapture - 0% --> Plat

Heavy Rain - 0% --> Plat

So i just got the Platinum on AC II.

Even tho i ranted a bit on the game and in my opinion it hasn't aged all that well, i'm finally quite happy to have replayed it after all those years that amazing story. Tho, i'll wait a little bit before tackeling Brotherhood and Révélations.

Up next, Platinum #9,  Everybody's gone to the Rapture. 

• Like 1

Update:

Gone home 100%

Escape plan 71% (not going any further with it as the last trophy is just killing me)

Uncharted 4 88% (Finish the plat next month)

Ether one (Haven't made any progress on it - going to get the plat next month)

Once I'm done with Uncharted 4 and Ether One will have a look and see what to add to Season 1 as have been finishing FFX as part of another event.

:D

Another update from me as well

Season 1:

• Dungeons 2 - Finish Story/Campaign
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat
  • Need for Speed Rivals - just messing about, while gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story

Eliminated from Backlog

• Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10

Currently about halfway done with Corpse Party Blood Drive. Still not a fan of this game, and by the looks of it that won't change by the time I'm done either. Other than that I decided to get back to Lost Dimension (currently 3rd playthrough, for those who haven't been keeping track :P). It's still fun, which is a plus. I got all the character trophies and collectibles now so I only need to finish the game. At the moment I'm on floor 4, focused on only doing the mandatory missions to get through faster. I might end up having to grind a few levels for the boss at the end though.

I also ended up completing a few games I didn't list for this event, those were Super Exploding Zoo and the two Telltale games Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. All of which were pretty meh.

EDIT: Got the plat in Lost Dimension, so that's now finally completed. It's hard to believe so few people have played that game. I decided to add 2 more games to the list, as I intend to wrap up Corpse Party sometime next week, which would leave me with just one game. That being said, I'll add Need for Speed Rivals and Assassin's Creed Rogueto this season.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Update time:

After a little break from trophy hunting I got back to it a couple of days ago and I started up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered as it is the final game I had to do for season 1.

I started of with the extreme difficulty run which took me a while but I'm pretty pleased I got it done, after that I did a run on easy difficulty to grab all missing collectibles. This was followed by the time trial trophies and I finished with the rest of the missing trophies so I just earned myself the platinum and so season 1 is completed for me, I will try to get the 100% but Brutal mode really scares me. 

Anyhow, thanks for this event, it gave me 3 platinums that I was unlikely to get without it. Now I'll start thinking on what to put on my list for season 2

• Like 1

May I join too?

My Aim is to platinum all of these this season.

Final Fantasy XV, 100% (Pre-season start) :platinum:
Senran Kagua: Estival Versus (Vita) 100% (Pre-season start) :platinum:
Lego: The Hobbit (PS4) (4%) 4%
Haotful Boyfriend (Vita) 0%

XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) 6%

Letter Quest Remastered 100% (Freebie from PS+)