A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

2 minutes ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Good Luck with Bloodborne.... :)

I finished my Pre-Season and I have a question. Is it possible to change one Season 1 game to Pre-Season and add another one to the Season 1?

Thanks! I've beaten the first two bosses a while ago before some other games distracted me and people were saying that unless I want to go for the platinum (I don't), I've beaten what many think is the toughest boss in the game so I have good hope that this will be the first Soulsborne game I actually finish :)

About the rules: it's not in there really explicitly but as far as I can tell, you cannot remove games from a season once the season has started but before that, you're free to switch around as long as you present a final list before the season starts. That's how I interpreted it anyway. The rules only say you can't remove a game from a list, but somewhere in the discussion is a bit about "final" lists I believe. Anyway you're not even removing a game really, just pulling it to pre-season :)

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks! I've beaten the first two bosses a while ago before some other games distracted me and people were saying that unless I want to go for the platinum (I don't), I've beaten what many think is the toughest boss in the game so I have good hope that this will be the first Soulsborne game I actually finish :)

About the rules: it's not in there really explicitly but as far as I can tell, you cannot remove games from a season once the season has started but before that, you're free to switch around as long as you present a final list before the season starts. That's how I interpreted it anyway. The rules only say you can't remove a game from a list, but somewhere in the discussion is a bit about "final" lists I believe. Anyway you're not even removing a game really, just pulling it to pre-season :)

Are you referring to the cleric beast? If that's the case, congratulation; you have beaten one of the toughest bosses (and I also think it's optional :) )

Then I think I will Plat Uncharted before the end of the year and think about something else for Season 1 :)

2 minutes ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Are you referring to the cleric beast? If that's the case, congratulation; you have beaten one of the toughest bosses (and I also think it's optional :) )

I have indeed defeated the Cleric Beast, I did not notice it was optional back then. I also defeated Father Gascoigne, which is also often mentioned as being the single most difficult boss in the game (except for some boss I don't know the name of which is supposedly very difficult but also hidden in some optional dungeon/tomb somewhere).

Just talking about the game gets me in the mood for another go at it by the way, I really want to get back to it soon. Damn my large backlog... I may just get rid of Far Cry Primal just because I can't be bothered with finishing it at this point, maybe a year or two down the line...

I played the beginning of both Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2 was just a try-out but I stopped with Dark Souls 1 because I thought it was too difficult. Playing Bloodborne up to finishing Gascoigne has given me a new appreciation for the series and made me think that the games might not be that difficult after all (exactly what a few people here told me), I just needed to have a bit of patience and look more at how bosses behave before blindly attacking them.

30 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I have indeed defeated the Cleric Beast, I did not notice it was optional back then. I also defeated Father Gascoigne, which is also often mentioned as being the single most difficult boss in the game (except for some boss I don't know the name of which is supposedly very difficult but also hidden in some optional dungeon/tomb somewhere).

Just talking about the game gets me in the mood for another go at it by the way, I really want to get back to it soon. Damn my large backlog... I may just get rid of Far Cry Primal just because I can't be bothered with finishing it at this point, maybe a year or two down the line...

I played the beginning of both Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2 was just a try-out but I stopped with Dark Souls 1 because I thought it was too difficult. Playing Bloodborne up to finishing Gascoigne has given me a new appreciation for the series and made me think that the games might not be that difficult after all (exactly what a few people here told me), I just needed to have a bit of patience and look more at how bosses behave before blindly attacking them.

I think that the boss you are talking about is Amygdala.. that nasty beast :) Although if you are not going for the platinum you may not find it so annoying (in the chalice dungeons).

You should continue it, it's really a very interesting and nice game to play. However, I still think that Dark Souls I is the best one of the entire franchise. Really awesome level design and spectacular boss fights. Indeed the franchise is difficult but very just, if you understand the patterns and behaviour of the bosses and you do not rush into them; you always can defeat them. If you do play it again, please enjoy Smough and Ornstein ;) 

I also share the feeling of having a HUGE backlog :) 

Well. I got some more progress done.

Went back to Killzone and got a 2nd playthrough done. I might actually push through and do the remaining 2 playthroughs just to get this game done and deleted. Having played as another character this time around, I have come to realise how bloody useless the AI actually was on the first. All the alternate routes I had to do as the new character, were never done by the AI then...

Current Progress:89%

Lost Dimension - Progress - 51% - Finished Story

As previously said in more detail, I really liked this one. Would definitely recommend it.

Lastly Monster Monpiece I barely touched. Got maybe a few battles done and that's about it.

I guess I can at least describe the gameplay. Well, it's a turn-based card battle game at it's core. It has become controversial, because of other mechanics it includes. Mainly when wanting to "upgrade" one of the cards , which are all monster girls, is to rub them in which process the clothes become more revealing. Which as a mechanic is actually interesting and original, it gets old really quickly though.

On the battle field you're restricted by mana when playing cards, monster girls of the same "race" and type can be fused together to make them stronger. The cards are then personified on the battle field when played, and move up a sqaure each turn, towards the enemy HQ, that you need to attack 3-4 times. At the same time you need to prevent the opponent to do the same.

You have to play through several areas, each having a boss at the end. This was fine, until reaching the point where the game artificially lengthens itself. Basically you get through 8 areas of the game, then the game wants you to play the "darker" versions of those areas, so that's another 8 areas, which are tougher than before. Only after completing those, you'll finally get to the last area, which is once again more difficult; it almost feels unbalanced really, as instead of making the AI better, the opponents are given 20, 30 or 40 mana to start with, which enables them to summon much stronger characters early on. and has made the game incredibly boring by now.

So much for my progress thus far, might have more next week or so.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

2 hours ago, Shurax_Urden said:

I think that the boss you are talking about is Amygdala.. that nasty beast :) Although if you are not going for the platinum you may not find it so annoying (in the chalice dungeons).

You should continue it, it's really a very interesting and nice game to play. However, I still think that Dark Souls I is the best one of the entire franchise. Really awesome level design and spectacular boss fights. Indeed the franchise is difficult but very just, if you understand the patterns and behaviour of the bosses and you do not rush into them; you always can defeat them. If you do play it again, please enjoy Smough and Ornstein ;) 

I also share the feeling of having a HUGE backlog :) 

Yeah that sounds like the boss that they were talking about. I don't intend to go for the platinum so I might not even see the chalise dungeons.

If I get through Bloodborne, I really want to try the first Dark Souls again, that seemed the best of the Souls series to me.

My backlog is probably tame by comparison... here is the thread. I intentionally try to keep my backlog small (ideal would be single digits per console), as I did not like gaming any more with my huge X360 backlog. Got a second chance after switching to trophies, so I'm trying to buy less now. My total PlayStation backlog has been around ninety just after obtaining a PS3 and getting a flash sale soon after, I've been chipping away ever since though.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

EDIT: forgot that BBCode is fucked, so not doing the striking through thing.

testing... Yeah, BBCode still works fine.

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

testing... Yeah, BBCode still works fine.

I've tried it before and didn't work. Tried it again now, and seems to work after all. Oh well, guess there's one thing that isn't broken since the update then :P.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I made a start on Assassin's Creed II, and I quickly 100%ed Actual Sunlight for the BBB event.

Update

L50c47f.png

Coolio! I really like playing through these games again. I played through all Assassin's Creed games from II up to and including Rogue twice already (thanks to switching from X360 to PS3/PS4 and getting every PS3 game except Black Flag and Rogue from a friend) and I don't mind having "updated re-release" as an excuse to play through the Ezio games once more.

The graphics look really crisp. Though it becomes more obvious than ever that the character models have been created a long time ago, the surroundings look better than ever. Can't wait to play through the rest, I have high hopes for Rome in the next game.

If you have a PS4 and if you've never played through any Assassin's Creed game before, this might be the collection to pull you in. Unless you really want current gen graphics, in which case it would probably be better to start with either Black Flag (great game but has little to do with the regular AC gameplay), Unity and/or Syndicate.

L11a33e.png

BOOO!

I did not enjoy this game at all. At first I wanted to do a normal playthrough, and then a second one with a walkthrough for the missables but after just a few minutes I decided to just check the trophy guide so I'd know when I was approaching a missable trophy.

Basically, there's some white guy that feels depressed without having any reason to be depressed (except for the realisation that he's just a small insignificant cog in a large machine and the world will keep on turning without him), and then he made this game. I get it, we all feel lost sometime, but I feel like this game really missed what it intended to do. Just watch a Bo Burnham show, he can talk about this stuff much better.

The site of the game has this to say:

An Unforgettable Gaming Experience

Actual Sunlight is a uniquely memorable adventure that will etch itself into you as one of the most difficult, haunting and beautiful experiences you have ever had as a gamer.

I have this to answer: it's not unique, it's not memorable, it's not difficult, it's not haunting, it's not beautiful and I will forget about it pretty soon.

I could go on, but I really don't feel like it. Just ignore this game, unless you're a trophy hunter because then it's an easy 100% in about 45 minutes.

Updated stats:

Hide contents

Pre-Season:

• Actual Sunlight || Vita || goal: 100% || start: 0%, finish: 100%
  • Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 15%
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 100%
  • Watch_Dogs 2 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 30%, finish: 85%

Season 1:

• Bloodborne || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • Bound || PS4 || goal: story || start: 3%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%

On 13.12.2016 at 7:59 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I noticed you did cross off Deadly Tower in the OP but you did not write down the final percentage. Was that a conscious choice? Because if you're not adding final percentages then I'd rather not have starting percentages in my post either.
P.S. Are you going to put everyone in the OP in alphabetical order once the event starts? Makes it much easier to find myself :)

Well, the way you do it, with a fully formatted, ready to use updated list, i gladly include all percentages :) i only have to copy&paste after all! But in general, i will probably just strike the games through.
And yes, i will absolutely put everyone in alphabetical order, updating will be much easier that way too! Sometime before the start of the first season, i will do that.

On 15.12.2016 at 10:09 AM, BillyHorrible said:

@Shurax_Urden Thats exactly the way it was meant, i'll have a look at my wording and maybe change it, so that point is clear! You can cange/add/remove anything on your list before te season starts, after the start, only adding stuff is allowed!
Also, more than 3 games in the pre-season is no problem, that was maybe aimed a little low, i have more myself already and thinking about adding yet another one... Which maybe leads to increasing the maximum of 6 for the seasons, or even removing a maximum... But i have to think about that a bit, i dont want people feeling under pressure, unconsciously thinking they have to do the maximum...

On 15.12.2016 at 1:00 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Lost Dimension - Progress - 51% - Finished Story

As previously said in more detail, I really liked this one. Would definitely recommend it.

I also just finished Lost Dimension, and i just wanted to recommend you going for the platinum. You need at least two playthroughs anyway if you want the true ending, and to be honest, without the true ending  the story barely makes sense... And after two playthroughs you wont be missing much for the plat. Onyl if you got unlucky with the random traitors and cant complete a friendship because of that...

Now for my update. I just have finished ACIV, got an A rank with 64% (84% base game), so im happy with that. I will play Freedom cry, but as i just read on some forum, the standalone version has a separate trophy list, and i will not unlock the DLC trophies in the base game list, so that will stay at 64%. (another reason why the base game percentage is the one important to me...)
So, now im thinking of adding another rather short game on my list, and yeah, i should maybe start tinking about my list for the first season :)

37 minutes ago, gernboes said:

I also just finished Lost Dimension, and i just wanted to recommend you going for the platinum. You need at least two playthroughs anyway if you want the true ending, and to be honest, without the true ending  the story barely makes sense... And after two playthroughs you wont be missing much for the plat. Onyl if you got unlucky with the random traitors and cant complete a friendship because of that...

I intend to go for the plat eventually, but for now I'll just leave it at one playthrough. I'm only missing 3 characters for the friendship thing, so the odds should be in my favour on that. I might include it for season 1 or 2 of this event.

On a different note, I ended up platting Killzone, so that one's done and gone for good.

Update: 

I was soooooo enthusiast about receiving my Ezio Collection that i forgot that i've entered AC II ONLY for season 1 and not in the pre-season....

So i've allready got 60% of the trophies in a week.... 

So here is my suggestion to repair that mistake.

I'll stop playing it up until the first and will reajust my list of games for season 1 to compensate. So i'll keep AC2 there and;  beside of completing only the story in Heavy Rain, i'll go for its Platinum.

So if it's allright with you guys, here is my "new" list ! 

- COD: AW: story completion 

- GoW 3: PLATINUM

- Everybody gone rapture :PLATINUM

- AC II : PLATINUM

- Heavy Rain : PLATINUM

Happy holidays to you all ! :)

Joyeux Noël ;)

Good idea, i could definitely do with reducing my backlog down.
For season 1
(75%)Guitar Hero Live: Platinum (the dreaded 1mil strums has been staring at me for a good few months now)
(20%)Just Cause 3: Story Completion
(20%)Bastion: Platinum
(0%)Infamous Second Son: Platinum

Pre Season
(71%) Gone Home: 100%
(33%) The Walking Dead PS4: 100% (Finished this on ps3 but with the new season coming i should really catch up on ps4)
(16%) The Escapists: Platinum

Update time :D

Deadly Premonition: 100%

I just got the plat for this so it can be marked off my list. It never crashed on me once which I've heard can be a real problem in this game. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a good story and isn't too worried about flashy graphics. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

MotoGP13: 94%

I've finished all the single player trophies in this game and only have the 4 mp trophies left for the plat. I probably won't get them done before January so I'm happy to leave this one at 94% for this season.

Borderlands The Pre Sequel: 30%

I haven't made any more progress on this yet but I'm starting it up again today.

Here's my games for season 1:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (70%) - Plat

Final Fantasy XV (28%) - Plat

Dragon Quest Heroes (81%) - Plat

Rogue Galaxy (24%) - Plat

Disgaea 5 (52%) - Plat

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Congrats. Cleric Beast was a nightmare.

Go for the Plat its totally worth it :) I did all the bosses in the main game, still have the DLC to complete. One of the best games I have ever played :D

On 24/12/2016 at 0:28 PM, MortalRikku said:

Congrats. Cleric Beast was a nightmare.

Go for the Plat its totally worth it :) I did all the bosses in the main game, still have the DLC to complete. One of the best games I have ever played :D

Thanks! I actually had more problems with Father Gascoigne.

I'm not really a completionist, I'll check how much I have left to do when I play through the game without looking at trophies. If it's not much and/or if I still enjoy the game, I'll consider going for the remainder.

OT: busy holidays. Today's the first day I managed a bit of gaming and going on the forum, decided to play a bit in AC II (yup, going for the platinum in that one).

Can I participate in this event for season 1 (January 1, 2017 to April 1, 2017)?

If so, then I'd like to sign up for season 1 with these games:

Game 1: Outlast

-Current rate: 42%

-Objective: Base Game Completion (100%)

Game 2: Bloodborne

-Current rate: 58%

-Objective: Base Game Completion (Platinum)

Game 3: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

-Current rate: 19%

Game 4: Uncharted 2 (PS4)

-Current: 25%

Game 5: Mad Max

-Current: unplayed. Still in my backlog

Game 6: Beyond: 2 Souls

-Current: 4%

Okay, finally back with a plan. Only using games I've already started and eliminating games from concurrent events from eligibility.

For Season 1, I'd like to:

• Complete TLOU story. It's getting hard to avoid spoilers and the PSX trailer for 2 really punished me.
  • 100% Letter Quest Remastered
  • Complete Mafia 3 story
  • Platinum Sims 3

That's it for now.

As far as progress goes, only managed to win 2 more battles in Monster Monpiece...it's a process. Everytime I think I'm close to the end another route with battles pops up. Anyway at this rate, I'll end up carrying this one over to the first season of the event. Which I might as well lay out already while I'M at it.

Season 1:

• Borderlands (98%) - 1 character level (grinding levels for 100%, which is taking forever)
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23%) - Plat
  • Monster Monpiece (in case I won't finish it during the pre-season) (81%) - Plat
  • Risen 3 Enhanced Edition (77%) - Plat
  • Crysis (12%) - Plat

PS: percentages might change, as I'm playing a few of these during this month.

On 16/12/2016 at 5:56 PM, gernboes said:

So, I know during regular seasons that games can't be removed but how about pre-season?

I'm not going to be able to play through the story of AC Revelations in time, it's going onto the S1 list. Today I finished Brotherhood and started on Revelations, then I stopped gaming and tonight I only did three DLC packs for LEGO Dimensions which I bought in a recent sale.

Changing my S1 list to: story for Revelations, 100% for AC II, 100% for LEGO Marvel's Avengers. I'll keep Revelations failed on my pre-season list unless I hear I can do otherwise.

I will post a bigger update later on including game opinipns but I don't really have time for that now.

Updated stats:

Spoiler

Pre-Season:

• Actual Sunlight || Vita || goal: 100% || start: 0%, finish: 100%
  • Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 87%
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || PS4 || goal: story || start: 57%
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, current: 16%
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters || PS4 || goal: story || start: 0%, finish: 100%
  • Watch_Dogs 2 || PS4 || goal: story || start: 30%, finish: 85%

Season 1:

• Assassin's Creed II || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 87%
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations || PS4 || goal: story || start: 16%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers || PS4 || goal: 100% || start: 5%