A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Ok, final update before my vacation is done.

Also, in the last few days, i got both Platinums of Danganronpa and Doom :)

1Scdbdf0.png

1Sf903c8.png

So with those two i exceeded my inital goal, and also i got to a good closure before my vacation, so i dont have to pick up almost finished games afterwards again. I'll be taking my VITA with me, but i havent really decided on what to play, so i will update my list accordingly when im back again!

See you again in two weeks, im now off to sipping cocktails on the beach in cuba :)

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 2

Here's an update: 

I've decided to remove Saint Row: Gat Outta Hell from my list of games. 

My original goal for it was to complete the story and 50% or more of the trophies.  Story's not completed and I got 31% of the trophies.

I tried to like the game but I wasn't invested at all in it. The arcade style isn't doing much for me.

At this point I have less and less time to game so if after a few hours a game isn't to my liking , I'll just take it off the list (especially if it's a PS+ free game as this one.)

Remaining games for S2:

AC: Brotherhood / 16% / finish story
Life is strange/ 75% / platinum
Homefront revolution / 0% / story + 50%
Tower of deadly monsters / 0% / Plat

** Games taken off backlog since S2 **
Shantae risky's revenge
Mafia III
Badlands
Unravel. (platinum)
Ghost Recon: Wildlands (platinum)

Saint Row: Gat Outta Hell

• Like 1

Season 2:

• Oceanhorn - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - just get some general progress done (already started this one)
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Finish Story
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once (Season 2) - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII (started during another event) - Finish Story
  • Far Cry Primal (just started) - plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story

Finished up Far Cry Primal yesterday. Was good overall, but could have been better. Capturing outposts was far less fun than it was in FC 3 or 4, except when I could just stampede through them with a mammoth. Grinding XP for a bunch of pointless skills was a chore and some side missions were buggy.

Decided to bench Severed for now, so I'm not going back to that just yet.

I also won't continue any further with FF VII as I'm not enjoying it at all. Got as far as the snowy mountain area,, and just can't be arsed with this game any more. Don't care what anyone tries to tell me, this is NOT a good game, not even remotely..

On the other hand I'm adding Sword Art Online Lost Song to the list. Already started it a while ago and kind of want to get back to it.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Update,

I just got the Platinum on Life is Strange. That game was fantastic, it's actually the second time I am getting the plat on it (this is my second profile). I mainly replayed it to initiate my gf to gaming and she loved the story..so I might convert her to gaming yeah :)

As well , I completed forgot before to put that game on my backlog list .. but played it anyways. Stories : The path of Destinies. Wow, that game was EXCELLENT!  I finished the story (5 times) and got completely hooked on it . it is most probably lying around your backlog because few months ago it was a PS+ free game. Good combat, excellent replayability, artistic design and funny storytelling. Seriously guys, try it ;)

Season 2, remaining games:
AC: Brotherhood / 16% / finish story 
Homefront revolution / 0% / story + 50%
Tower of deadly monsters / 0% / Plat

** Games taken off backlog since S2 **

Life is Strange
Shantae risky's revenge
Mafia III
Badlands
Unravel 
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Saint Row:gat out of hell 

Stories:The Path of Destinies 

Season 2:

• Severed - just get some general progress done (already started this one) - benched
  • Adventures of Mana - Finish Story
  • Final Fantasy VII (started during another event) - Finish Story - stopped playing this, because I didn't like it
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Finish Story
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story

Finished my playthrough of Sword Art Online Lost Song. Mostly a fun game, albeit a bit repetitive. At least it didn't have turn-based combat, so that was a plus. There's no point in using most of the characters, so having the option to pick 2 out of 20 or so, is pointless. The sidequests are generally boring (kill or gather x amount of random stuff), why do JRPGs have fuck all imagination, when it comes to generating quests? Anyway, the rest of he game would be pure grinding just to get the plat, which I can't be bothered to waste my time with. I loathe having to grind just for the sake of it...  one of the things that need to be eradicated from gaming. At least technically there is new game plus and new dungeons in this game.

Got a bit more progress in Adventure of Mana done as well, but more on that during the weekend.

Other than that I decided to add Lego Marvel Avengers and Ratchet and Clank reboot for Season 2.

15 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

As well , I completed forgot before to put that game on my backlog list .. but played it anyways. Stories : The path of Destinies. Wow, that game was EXCELLENT!  I finished the story (5 times) and got completely hooked on it . it is most probably lying around your backlog because few months ago it was a PS+ free game. Good combat, excellent replayability, artistic design and funny storytelling. Seriously guys, try it ;)

I didn't enjoy Stories all that much, the first few playthroughs were fun, but quickly became a drag when going for the plat. As the story bits just end up repeating themselves in different orders. It also didn't feel fleshed out to me, as I came across several technical issues during the 25 playthroughs + several additional playthroughs it took to get all skills. I thought it was only a decent game overall.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Small update: I've completed all Need for Speed the Run DLC trophies. On the otrher hand, I'd like to include Sly 3 on my Season II list (it was a game that I included on Season I and haven't finished on time, so I intend to complete it in June). My intention is get Sly 3's Plat' before end of season.

EDIT: a new update about myself below...

EDIT 2: I changed my mind about some things... Proper explainings on a below post...

Edited by JoaoQuique

Small update,on a couple of games.

Lego Marvel's Avengers has been a bit disappointing, although technically I didn't expect much from it to begin with. I didn't really enjoy Marvel Superheroes that much either, so yeah. This one seems to be all over the place, putting you into too many hubs for my liking. The missions also tend to drag on a bit, and the game is just as glitchy as it's predecessor.

Adventures of Mana has been my main focus lately, and thus I'm making decent progress. I think I'm fairly close to the final section of the game, so I've been backtracking to pick up the items I've missed. Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to get to floatrocks, as supposedly the vendor there has the ice shield an armor for sale. Have no fucking clue how to get there though. I'm essentially just south of it in Jadd, but can't just go north. Bloody hate the map and it's layout.

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Adventures of Mana has been my main focus lately, and thus I'm making decent progress. I think I'm fairly close to the final section of the game, so I've been backtracking to pick up the items I've missed. Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to get to floatrocks, as supposedly the vendor there has the ice shield an armor for sale. Have no fucking clue how to get there though. I'm essentially just south of it in Jadd, but can't just go north. Bloody hate the map and it's layout.

It's been a long time but I think you need to ride the chocobo over the water to the spot where you went to get the Rusty Sword(east edge of the world) and then go north and use the whip to cross some poles to reach the vendor's shop. Hope that helps. ;)

Also, were you playing the PS4 version of LEGO Avengers or the Vita version? I am thinking of renting the Vita version since I didn't like the PS4 version much (getting those last collectibles in the last stage before the cutscene fired was a nightmare) and that version has DLC I don't intend to buy. (Yes, there is a Deluxe version for sale but I am out of free money this month.)

32 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

It's been a long time but I think you need to ride the chocobo over the water to the spot where you went to get the Rusty Sword(east edge of the world) and then go north and use the whip to cross some poles to reach the vendor's shop. Hope that helps. ;)

Also, were you playing the PS4 version of LEGO Avengers or the Vita version? I am thinking of renting the Vita version since I didn't like the PS4 version much (getting those last collectibles in the last stage before the cutscene fired was a nightmare) and that version has DLC I don't intend to buy. (Yes, there is a Deluxe version for sale but I am out of free money this month.)

In the meantime I already found those items, yeah had to travel back quite a bit and use the whip, as you said. I just about started the last area of the game I think )the temple that pops out of the ground) and I think I have all the collectibles up to that point so now there's mainly the leveling to 99 that's going to be a pain. Need to read the guides again on how the maxing stats work...

I'm playing the ps4 version Avengers and I'm not buying any of the DLC either. Those auto-triggers of cutscenes and enemies respawning has been really annoying.

Here's this season's progress, sadly, I have been too busy to really game much at all.

Grisaia no Kajitsu: Le Fruit de la Grisaia 【グリザイアの果実 -LE FRUIT DE LA GRISAIA-】   (JPN - Vita) - 100%
Hatoful Boyfriend - Holiday Star (Vita) - 100%

Kud Wafter Converted Edition 【クドわふたー Converted Edition】  (JPN - Vita) - 100%

Lego Batman 3 (PS4) - 0%

Memories Off 6 - Complete 【メモリーズオフ6 Complete】 (JPN - Vita) - 100%

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 100%

On 2017-5-26 at 11:40 AM, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: I've completed all Need for Speed the Run DLC trophies. On the otrher hand, I'd like to include Sly 3 on my Season II list (it was a game that I included on Season I and haven't finished on time, so I intend to complete it in June). My intention is get Sly 3's Plat' before end of season.

New update: I've also finished Pro Evolution Soccer's goal (all offline trophies were gotten). So, my new status about Season II (including Sly 3 as a new entry) is:

• Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit || Goal: All "Super Sports" Pack Trophies || Current Progress: 100%
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit || Goal: All "Porsche vs Lamborghini" Pack Trophies || Current Progress: 100%
  • Need for Speed: The Run || Goal: All DLC Trophies || Current Progress: 100%
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (PS3 - EU) || Goal: All Obtainable Trophies (39 of 41) || Current Progress: 39 of 39
  • Sleeping Dogs (PS3) || Goal: All "Nightmare at North Point" Trophies || Current Progress: 100%

EDIT: Instead of putting Sly 3 as a new enter on Season II, I will create a Season III entry list (there are many games I want to complete by "either Seasons II or III", but I don't want to engage myself on a specific game in June - on other words, I don't want to rush on Sly 3 in June since I had a lot of games taking up space on HD... ?). I will update myself soon...

Edited by JoaoQuique

Disappointingly I've made no progress on my list this month, so still four games to do in June.

I would like to make one small change to my list, it's one that won't help my trophy stats at all, but as I'm planning on playing one Assassins Creed game per season I decided that I should go all the way back to the beginning and play the original, a decision largely influenced by it only costing £3 in a recent sale.  I gather the game changed quite a lot between I and II so it will be interesting to see how different it is, but more importantly I want to experience the original story.  I'll then play II in season three.

Spoiler

Season Two Goals:

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || No Trophies || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Game of Thrones || PS4 || Start 37% (D) || Goal: 100% || Finished at 100%/Platinum
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: 100% || Finished at 100% (S)

Eliminated from Backlog:

Season One

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3

Season Two

• Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4

On 08/05/2017 at 8:20 AM, rikwebb said:

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now) - Caught a Fish

Lego Movie - 64% - Goal - Platinum - Finished the story and started doing the misc trophies

The Last Of Us - 8% Goal - Do Left Behind on Survivor and a few run throughs of the story + Collectables

Dragons Dogma - 7% - Goal - Finish Story

Final Fantasy X - 13 % - Goal - Platinum

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0% Goal - Platinum

Haven't had as much time to play as i'd like lately, currently in the middle of packing stuff up for a house move

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now) - Caught a Fish

Lego Movie - 77% - Goal - Platinum - Just got the Pants, golden manuals and bricks plus the dance ones to finish

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Did a quick run through on New Game + on easy plus got collectables done, Anyone else have Scavenger pop before you got all the other collectables trophies? Mine popped at the same time as getting all the comics but i still had to get the rest of the artifacts and pendants on a quick chapter select clear up.

11 hours ago, rikwebb said:

Haven't had as much time to play as i'd like lately, currently in the middle of packing stuff up for a house move

Update:

Lego Movie - 77% - Goal - Platinum - Just got the Pants, golden manuals and bricks plus the dance ones to finish

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Did a quick run through on New Game + on easy plus got collectables done, Anyone else have Scavenger pop before you got all the other collectables trophies? Mine popped at the same time as getting all the comics but i still had to get the rest of the artifacts and pendants on a quick chapter select clear up.

Oh definitely focus on the last game first. I'll give you a link to a video guide you can follow to make it much quicker to finish. ^_^

StayPationt's Youtube 5-hour platinum guide to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

• Like 1

Season 2:

• Severed - just get some general progress done (already started this one) - benched
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Final Fantasy VII (started during another event) - Finish Story - stopped playing this, because I didn't like it
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4) - Finish Story (Season 2)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLC
  • Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes
  • Abyss Odyssey - get 100%
  • Killing Floor 2 - check out how what the gameplay is like

Alright, update time

Finished the Story in Lego Marvel Avengers, and for me it was one of the less enjoyable LEGO games. It's glitched beyond belief, not a fan of the 5 or whatever amount of hubs the timed sequences are are annoying for collectibles and enemies continuously spawning is annoying. I might go through free play eventually, but for now I'm taking a break from it.

In Adventures of Mana I got the plat, so that is off the list for good. Decent game, could have been better without the pointless leveling and the awful map navigation. Wasn't a fan of the menu system and having to stock up on specific items to be able to get through the game.

Added a few games to the list (Fallout 4, Abyss Odyssey Neon Chrome and Killing Floor 2).

Added Fallout 4

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

In Adventures of Mana I got the plat, so that is off the list for good.

Great job on getting the plat! I'm sorry it wasn't up to your standards, but different strokes for different folks, eh? ;)

Good luck on Fallout 4!

6 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Great job on getting the plat! I'm sorry it wasn't up to your standards, but different strokes for different folks, eh? ;)

Good luck on Fallout 4!

My evaluations of games are fairly simple. Considering a 10 point system, I end up subtracting a point for each thing I dislike about a game. In this case there just happened to be 4 things that I didn't like.
Did the game waste my time? - Yes, there was no need to fuck about to get 30+ levels considering there is no new game plus.
Was the menu practical? - Not really. Having to constantly open menu to swap weapon, because the game decided that I need different weapons for different enemies. (I get why they did it, it makes sense on mobile it just doesn't feel right on vita to me). Furthermore the limit on items you can pick up was a major pain in the ass.

Does the game complicate things? - The need to have specific items/weapons to progress in the game is a design flaw. If I hadn't read up that I need to stock up on keys, I'd have been livid. That's literally the game giving you the finger for not filling up your limit inventory

Did the map layout work? - in dungeons yes, on the world map absolutely not

I*d say most of these things I mentioned are rather factual and not even based on personal preference.

In Fallout 4 I'm probably going to try to get all the crafting nonsense dlc out of the way first, as it's the part of the game I loathed. Then I can just enjoy the rest of it.

15 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Does the game complicate things? - The need to have specific items/weapons to progress in the game is a design flaw. If I hadn't read up that I need to stock up on keys, I'd have been livid. That's literally the game giving you the finger for not filling up your limit inventory

That was a dinosaur from the game that it was ported from, Final Fantasy Adventure, and it was far worse there - you have to go into the menu and use the key to open the door. But I won't talk about that game anymore, it's done and dusted. ^_^

On 2017-5-30 at 3:39 PM, JoaoQuique said:

(...)

EDIT: Instead of putting Sly 3 as a new enter on Season II, I will create a Season III entry list (there are many games I want to complete by "either Seasons II or III", but I don't want to engage myself on a specific game in June - on other words, I don't want to rush on Sly 3 in June since I had a lot of games taking up space on HD... 1f612.png). I will update myself soon...

Here's my Season III (unofficial) list - I will start to complete them from now on, but I will list them as "temp Season III" (some will be completed before July, while others can be also postponned to later... - so my "official Season III list" will only be posted at the end of this month...):

• Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Book || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Early days
  • Infamous First Light || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 32%
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Day One of Fourteen
  • Madden NFL 17 || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 69%
  • MotoGP 15 (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 82%
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 || Goal: Story Modes (Shippuden & Boruto) || Current Progress: About 60% of Shippuden's
  • Need for Speed || Goal: REP Level 70 || Current Progress: REP Level 52+
  • Punchline || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 90%
  • Rocket League || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 97%
  • Truck Racer || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 46%
  • UNO || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 23%
  • Worms Crazy Golf || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 75%
  • WRC 4 (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 51%

There is any problem if any games listed above that would be completed before end of this month be listed as a "Season II entry"??

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now)

Lego Movie - 100% - Goal - Platinum - Platinum Achieved!

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Do story a couple of times on Hard then get the jokes/optional convos/gun upgrades along the way

Got the plat for Lego Movie on Saturday so thats now out of the way, think i might start Dragon's Dogma if i get time during the week

Hello, all!

I've been back from my vacation for a few days now, just needed some time to settle back in.

The Update is done, and i also have added two new games to my list.

spacer.pngL1acad9.png

I bought about all of the Hyperdimension games in a bunch of sales, but never completed a single one. I started the first one before, but i didnt play long. So now i want to play the first one to the end finally. Wont go for the plat though, thats too much of a grind for me...

L693681.png

This one i also picked up for 20€ or so in a sale. I played a lot of the former Battlefield games, right from the first one up until 4, but the theme of Hardline didnt speak to me Multiplayer wise, so i picked this up just for the campaign. I played that one pretty far, but at one point i missed a collectible or something and quit out of frustration... Wont bother with getting all collectibles any more, so just going to finish the story.

I also finally started Mass Effect, but havent touched any other PS3 games this season so far, i think i have to reduce the number of PS3 games i put on my lists...

On 2.6.2017 at 3:10 PM, JoaoQuique said:

There is any problem if any games listed above that would be completed before end of this month be listed as a "Season II entry"??

Nah, i see no problem!

Edited by gernboes