A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

12 hours ago, gernboes said:

Update Done.

And a bit about my Progress:

L1acad9.png

Im stuck in the second chapter for quite some time now. It seems to be the hardest part of the game, and the only one requiring serous grinding to overlevel your characters, which if ind quite boring, so i hope ill get past it soon and that it really is the only difficulty spike....

L2787b1.png

Adding Oxenfree to my list. Im really looking forward to this game, although i dont know really much about it, because i want to avoid spoilers, but the overall theme, artstyle an aestethics seem right up my alley.

I still have to get back to Rebirth 1 at some point, not really looking forward to that. I guess it'll eventually end up on my list, if this thread is still going in 2020 :lol:.

I thought Oxenfree was only decent. Having to do 3 playthroughs of it was excessive and ended up boring the hell out of me.

I'm just about done with the miscellaneous trophies in Dead or Alive, which has put it up to Rank C, I suspect progress will be slower now that I have to do the trophies requiring skill!

I restarted Tropico as I had only ever got to the second mission before and couldn't remember the controls, I've played through six missions so far picking up a few trophies along the way.  Only at 17% but that's Rank A already, I'm guessing when it went on PS+ a lot of people didn't get very far.

Season III

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 14% (E)
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 37% (C)
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 17% (A)
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||

Spoiler

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3

Edited by richtayls

I decided to slightly edit my list again. Apparently Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry is a crash fest, and therefore automatically elminates itself from the backlog.

I also changed my goal for Lego Marvel Avengers from essentially collectible gathering to platting the game. The same goes for République.

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II (7/10)
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - plat
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat (8/10)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - finish story (9/10)
  • Watch Dogs 2 - finish story
  • Dead Effect 2 - finish story (6/10)
  • République - plat
  • Apotheon - Try out the game (7/10)
  • Alone With You - finish a playthrough or two (PS4)
  • Level 22 - 100%
  • Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - finish story
Edited by voodoo_eyes

From one event to the next one. KYC is now finished so i can focus on this one now.

I'll give some small updates on the games.

Far Cry: Primal: 15/51 trophies

The Order 1886: Platted that one yesterday, will give my thoughts about that later today

Killzone Shadow Fall: 4/11 mp trophies

The others i haven't started yet

Lfa8657.png

Got the Plat! The last trophies glitched weirdly... The Stocked one popped way earlier, at about 150 matches, and the 50km one trolled me hard, got way more than necessary, then switched to another set of wheels and grinded it, got it at about 16km on the new set of wheels, which would have been about 100km total...

Ld34dfc.png

Ill add ACC India from the ACC Trology Pack. I pplayed the first one (China) and started the Second one (India), but stopped at some point. Goal will be story completion and when i finish india, ill probably continue with the third (Russia) right away...

• Like 1

Yet another minor update.

Finished the first 2 worlds in Level 22 and am halfway through the 3rd one. It's still fun, but nothing spectacular.

I also completed another playthrough in Alone With You. This one is going to be a bit of a drag to plat. It's an interesting game, but 5 playthroughs is just too much.

L2787b1.png

Completed my first playthrough today. Really liked it the first time round, and the game is short, so i should have the platinum soon. Im actually looking forward to playing again with different dialogue options/decisions! The one playthrough that i could see getting boring is the one where...

Spoiler

you are not allowed to talk. At all...

Season III, Weekly Update #6

This week was quite productive. =) 

LEGO City Undercover (PS4)

Lcf80ce.png

Finished the initial story playthrough and got everything required for the clean-up process. Besides that I will try to do a blind run for all the collectibles, though. I'm curious how long that will last.

Story was nothing extraordinary but still fun to follow.

Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita)

L7f2362.png

Started to read it and so far I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. I'm about 5 hours in and finished the prologue and the first chapter, so I'm not that far as there three chapters + character-specific routes (at least according to the trophies). 

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita)

Lfe23d0.png

Finished the game on Tuesday and overall I didn't really like it. Ending felt unsatisfying and the whole story about who Zero is felt too convoluted. I'm really glad that I'm done with.

Season III

• Assassin's Creed III (PS3, goal: Finish story)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4, goal: 100%)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Rime (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, goal: Finish story)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)

Seeing as I got another playthorugh done in Alone With You, I'm going to change the goal for it to get the platinum. There are just 2 playthroughs to go and each takes about 2 hours, so it's not too bad.

I also got some progress done in République. Finished episode 3 and 4 over the weekend. Episode 4 was a bit weak as it felt like a genre switch putting in some hide and seek horror elements which don't belong in this game. The story is still fantastic though.

Disclaimer: to anyone who is thinking of playing République. Do listen to all the dialogues and collectable commentary. Those enhance the story to another level. If you just plow through the game wanting to get to the exit, you're going to be left with a mediocre stealth game.

• République - plat
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4)
  • Level 22 - 100%
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Small update: I've completed Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - after KYC, I can finally try to focus on some games from my list... Next one probably will be WRC 4 and Truck racer.

Season III

• Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Book || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Early days
  • Infamous First Light || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 32%
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Day One of Fourteen
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 100%
  • Need for Speed || Goal: REP Level 70 || Current Progress: REP Level 56+
  • Ni no Kuni || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 5th Chapter
  • Punchline || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 90%
  • Rocket League || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 97%
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 4%
  • Truck Racer || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 46%
  • WRC 4 (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 88%

Update

Due to having been abroad without any console apart from my vita I've been unable to tackle any backlog mentioned above, and with one week left on holiday I've used the time to clear out a couple of  Lego games as well as make some progress on a couple of games - Hitman GO and Borderlands 2 to be specific :), Hitman GO only needing a couple of hours left into it (I'm not using a guide :P) as I found the game quite fun. 

Finished my Season 3 Challenge but decided to pursue with Mirror's Edge : Catalyst all the way to the Platinum.

I'm quite proud of myself because I never ever usually plat games with time trials or skilled racing content and I was able to power through. Got the shinny Platinum two days ago ?

And I've decided to had one last game to my Season 3.

Tearaway: Unfolded (Platinum)

That gamw a while ago got the best of me and.... I "raged quitted" it for over a year... promising myself to never f***** touch it again so much the difficulty spike of some extra missions frustrated me.

Let's see if a year break will be enough of a breather to power through the game this time .

Another one to cross of the list. Level 22 is now finished. It's an alright little stealth game, that ended up having less stages than I thought. It only has 20 levels after all, and all of them are quite short. Was a decent enough filler game though.

• République - plat
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4)
  • Level 22 - 100% (6/10)

At this rate I might end up adding a couple of more games.

I think I'll join this event. Since I'm doing it in the middle of a season, I'll pick a short list for now.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls || Goal: Platinum || Progress: 24/36 (39%)

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal || Goal: Story completion || Progress: Chapter 7

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart || Goal: Story completion || Progress: Chapter 6

So just three Vita games to start off for now. Should start working on some of these soon.

It's update time. This time I've quite a bit of progress to report.

So I got most of the misc stuff in Watch Dogs 2 finished as well as most of the online related trophies.

Wrapped up the République plat, which took longer than expected, because the video guides for collectibles aren't very good. Really liked the story, The save system is pretty bad unfortunately.

I also got the plat and finished the free DLC bit for Lego Marvell Avengers. It's another glitchy Lego game, that has way too many collectibles. It's alright overall.

• Lego Marvel Avengers - plat (6/10)
  • République - plat (8/10)
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) (2-6/10
  • Level 22 - 100% (6/10)

Maybe I'll join too just for a little more motivation to actually play my games. Short list as I'm joining so late:

1. Adventure time secret of the nameless kingdom - platinum (33/36)

2. Mini ninjas - finish story 

3. Gundam breaker 3 - finish story

4. Ys memories of celceta - platinum (37/52)

5. Mei Q - finish story

Season III; Update #3

Steins;Gate: Haven't touched.

World of Final Fantasy: Finally!  I've been working on this in most of my free time trying to just finally get it done.  And I succeeded.  I did really like this game.  It wasn't the best Final Fantasy ever but it was fun.  It was essentially what I expected from a spin off title.  The story wasn't bad and it was just fun and coated in jokes and references to the other games.  And it was the first vita game I started so I'm glad to finally have it finished.

And I'm adding Kingdom Hearts!  Since I'm so far, I think I can get the story done in time.

Overall

• Lost Dimension: Plat
  • Steins;Gate: Story
  • Kingdom Hearts: Story
  • World of Final Fantasy: Plat

Zero-Time Dilemma was a great game. Here's my summer challenge update;

Fate/Hollow Axteria (Vita) 0%

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds (Vita) 0%

Fate/Stay Night (Vita) 0%

Memories Off 6 Complete (Vita) 0%

Zero-Time Dilemma (Vita) 0% => 100% Plat

Lego Batman 3 (PS4) 100%

Crash 3 (PS4) 100%

I decided to go for the Ratchet & Clank plat during this season. I want to make it my 200th plat though, so I need to figure out which 2 games I want to wrap up first.

• Lego Marvel Avengers - plat (6/10)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - plat (9/10)
  • République - plat (8/10)
  • Alone With You - plat (PS4) (2-6/10
  • Level 22 - 100% (6/10)

This is my first major update for this event

At first the two games in which i haven't made any progress, those are Wolfenstein: The New Order and MXGP 2

So now the games in which i've made progress:

Far Cry Primal

L7a3706.png

I haven't played this since the KYC event. But the bit i played was really enjoyable. The open world is filled with stuff to do and there is some real cool stuff in there. I don't remember that much though because i played this two months ago. I remember the beasts to be really cool, combat was nice. I didn't care that much about the story because of the spoken language is a old language that i don't understand. So i have to read the subtitles continuously.

Now i'm still at 15/51 trophies.

Killzone Shadow Fall

L9cd3c9.png

My goal for this was to get the mp done which is a big grind, even in the offline botzone.

I have done a big part though because the mp weapon challenges are finished. Which means i still have to grind out the special abilities. I haven't made much progress in those so still a lot of boring work left to do.

Infamous Second Son

L14bfb5.png

Damn i love these games. I've got the 100% on all ps3 games and this one will definetely follow in a couple of days. Almost done with the first playthrough. Only the final boss and the side events. Of which i've done most. Then the Evil playthrough on Expert. Then the platinum is in the pocket.

Great game this one, loads of different powers that you can use. Every type has it's own advantages and disadvantages which makes the game a bit more tactical as well. Nice open world that feels alive because people actually respond to you. Great title although all the touchpad interactions are unnecessary.

The Order 1886

1L8b7a48.png

This game i have already platted. The platinum is very easy, the game is indeed short and the ending is rubbish. Gameplay is much more fun though, gunplay feels good and there is a good variation in weapons. Graphics look stunning but the game is too short, i bought it for €15 and at that price it feels right. But for the initial €60 it isn't. That price is close to a disgrace for what you get. What i really disliked was that the bossfights were just QTE's. And the game rushes to an ending which made me believe the devs had to push the game before it was finished.

• Like 1

Season III, Weekly Update #7

Again made some progress with my list by finishing 2 games. Now I have one problem, though:

I planned to plat three further games during this season which would be totally possible time-wise. The problem is that I'm at 147 plats right now and I wanted to make the upcoming Ys my milestone-plat #150, but that won't come out before September 15th. So it's likely that I will only prepare the games to pop one easy trophy right after getting the plat for Ys, which will most likely won't occur during this season.

Progress on the list will likely slow down a bit for now as I want to focus on the really awesome Cosmic Star Heroine for now.

LEGO City Undercover (PS4)

Lcf80ce.png

Finished the game with a total playtime of about 40 hours. Most of the overworld collectibles were easy to get, even if the game doesn't feature the hint arrows like the other LEGO-games (instead you can use a scanner aka Wii U Gamepad to find them). Now the problem is that there were some hints which were a bit off. E.g. there were at least two markers which didn't point at anything. There was also a glitched collectible which I had to unlock via one code. I guess the problem was that I did the required task of finding the partial collectibles and right after the game saved the last one and made the character collectible appear it crashed. Overall the game was prone to crash. I had about 15 crashes in the 20 hours where I had to find the collectibles in the hub world.

Still, this was probably my favorite LEGO-game of all those which I played.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4)

L54e60d.png

As the patch which will force you to make a whole playthrough for the hard-mode is imminent I decided to tackle this game. All that was left was fighting the final boss and getting the charm stones. Those require you to find some really well hidden doors and make it to end of some platforming sections. Most of them weren't that difficult (except the Mouse Man-one :shakefist: ). What annoyed me more is the fact that the game doesn't seem to give any hints about those hidden doors. I know this was also the case for the original on the Master System but it's still a bad game design.

The final boss wasn't that difficult as I had the ultimate gear. It was more annoying to make your way towards his chamber.  After finishing the story  I also decided to cheese the hard mode playthrough by using one specific password and reading about a door that directly warps you right before the final boss' door, resulting me in getting the 100%.

Season III

• Assassin's Creed III (PS3, goal: Finish story)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4, goal: 100%)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Rime (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, goal: Finish story)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)