A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Just finished ABZU with 100%. 

Nice little game, short but immersive. Took me around 6 hours with 1 blind playthrough and then I got a guide for the collectibles. I reccomand everyone playing the game to enjoy it before popping a guide. 

Started to play Mirrors Edge Catalyst (18% of trophies) and so far I enjoy it. Cutscenes are nicely done and once you unlock a few skills the free roaming gets fun. I even got the gf to like the game (we challenge each other in the time missions, they are fun and quick to do). I even might go one day for this Plat,  I'll see how much I like the game at the end.. If it does not gets too much repetitive after a while.

I started as well Homefront:Revolution... Lets just say I regret to have bought the game. So far (i'm only an hour and a half in) , it seems flavorless, bland and kinda boring.. So I'm stuck at 4% completion since a month or so and dread the time I'll have to play it again. Somewhere this week I'll give it another try but if the feeling stays.. I'll just take it off my list and even forget it exists. 

• Like 1

La64a10.png

Finished Bedlam with 100%

A horrible game. I know its supposed to be a retro parody or something, and i dont care about the dated graphics, but the gameplay mechanics. Boring gameplay and loads of jumping around on floating platforms... Was very frustrating and im sure to never play it again. Which is a shame, because as i said, i love the books of brookmyre, and the story wasnt that bad, but the gameplay was so bad, i soon didnt even care much about the story anymore.

• Like 2

I've been focusing on other games, so I didn't post anything last week. However there's been some progress in a couple of games from my list.

In Lego Marvel Avengers I wrapped up the collectibles in 7 levels (missing 8). So yeah, progress is slow, and game is still kind of meh.

I've also been playing Ride, which is a motorcycle game. Enjoying it quite a lot, there's a decent variations of trucks over 70 bikes and a few different race-types. The handling feels right and I'M having a lot of fun with that game.

Had a boosting session scheduled for that game yesterday. The other guy didn't show up to it, so now I've set another one for next weekend. Hopefully I can get the online portion done.

• Like 1

Season III, Weekly Update #3

Again, gaming time was dictated by the KYC-games but as one of them is also part of my list for this event I was able to get at least some progress.

LEGO City Undercover (PS4)

Lcf80ce.png

Finished about half the chapters so far. I'm now currently at the beginning of chapter 9 and I'm still enjoying it so far. I'm only a bit afraid of all the collectibles as I read that there's no tracker to find them in the levels. But at least you can use the data scanner aka the Wii U gamepad to find the collectibles in the hub world at least.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita)

Ld56f80.png

The game is part of my KYC-lineup and I managed to finish 999 during the fivedays. 999 is the first installment of the Zero Escape-series and overall it was an enjoyable mystery VN with only some minor flaws. I will most likely tackle the second part VLR after KYC is over. I'm curious whether that one will have the same impact as it had when I played it back in 2013 for the first time.

I'll join for season III

1. Lost Dimension - Goal: Platinum.  This shouldn't be too hard to finish since I'm nearly done with playthrough 1.  Just depends if RNG wants to screw me the second time through.

2. Steins;Gate - Goal: Finish the story (playthrough 1).

3. World of Final Fantasy - Goal: Platinum.  This has been sitting 9/10 done for way too long already

Update time :)

The Little Acre got that game a few months ago for about a 1$. Nice easy Point and Click. Music is annoying tho. It took me approximately 3 hours to get the Platinum. If you try it, I advise you do the first playthrough blind to enjoy it. 

I officially gave up on Homefront: Revolution.  I tried 3 times to like it and nothing works for me . The controls are bad , story doesn't pull me in and the world itself looks bland.  

Finally finished the story for Mirrors Edge:Catalyst. Loved the game , it got me hooked. Facepaced game with good graphics , decent story, music and voice acting. The only thing that bothered me with it was the last mission, I was expecting something a bit harder for a final mission. I'm definitely going for this platinum within the next few weeks :)

At that point my list for S3 is done yeah.

I will have more or less another 3 weeks to game til the end of the summer so I won't add some more games for now.

Tho if there are other seasons this fall i'll join for sure .

Happy gaming to you all :)

Update:

GTA V: Using all of the double RP events I've been able to climb roughly 10 ranks, now residing at level 90, which I anticipate will be platiniumed within the next two weeks.

FC2: Completed a few more field manuals, however still have roughly 23 weapons left as well as revives and single player, but I'm looking to dedicate a few days during the summer to pure grinding on the game (stocking up on snacks, streams and sugar :)) in hopes that I'll make some solid progress.

I've started on Dead or Alive, a quick play through the arcade mode earnt me 5 trophies, including reaching trophy level 16 with the trophy for not taking any damage.

Season III

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 14% (E)
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 17% (D)
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3

Alright, so I got quite a bit of progress done with my game list.

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II (7/10)
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Replay levels for collectibles
  • Ride (PS4) - Plat (8/10)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story
  • Watch Dogs 2 - Finish Story
  • Dead Effect 2 - Try out the game (6/10)
  • République - Finish Story
  • Apotheon - Try out the game (7/10)

Finished Abyssy Odyssey, which was fun for the most part. The weapon and boss generation was subpar though, as it's way too RNG dependant. Most of the time you find weapons that can only be used be the other characters and not the one you're playing with, rendering them useless. This leads to having to buy weapons from vendors, which tend to be overly expensive. It wouldn't be too bad, if you wouldn't lose all your items when you die.

Already talked about Ride in my last post. Having a boosting session today, let's see if that happens...

I played 2 out of 5 episodes of République, which has been great so far. Having to stealthily try to escape a facility by hacking cameras, doors etc. can be quite enjoble as it turns out. This game also has the best collectibles ever, as in books and game floppy discs (among others), about which you're given some info when you pick them up.

Tried out Apotheon as well, which is a solid Metroidvania, but has a ton of gameplay flaws. A bit of a shame, as it could have been a great game... still quite fun though.

EDIT: Managed to boost Ride's online, so I updated my goal for the game to getting the plat.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Season III, Weekly Update #4

Ld56f80.png

Although I had to switch games from last Sunday on due to KYC I still spend most of my time playing VLR. At first I wondered why I liked it so much back in the day when I initially played it as the left story branch (everything that comes after the Lounge) felt rather slow (although i know that it has one of the best endings for me = the Luna ending). But now that I'm at the branches which lead to the true ending I have to say that I'm hooked again.

Only annoying thing is that most of the puzzles are really easy and then there's one puzzle in nearly all rooms where I'm screwed and don't know what I have to do. :shakefist:

BTW: The time spent so far in VLR: 20 hours (since last Sunday).

On 09/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Season III, Weekly Update #2

As I'm currently participating in the KYC the pacing is rather slow when it comes to the chosen games, but besides Puyo Puyo Tetris which I already finished, I was also able to start one other game:

LEGO City Undercover (PS4)

Lcf80ce.png

I was already eager to play this game when I had a Wii U but never actually purchased it. Thankfully Warner Bros decided to port it to the current gen consoles. So far I have finished 4 of the 15 story chapters and I really like the fact that one chapter not only consists of one isolated story level with an own environment but the chapters also include tasks you have to fulfill in the hub world. Only thing I really dislike so far are some jokes, mainly the ones involving the sidekick. But otherwise I'm really enjoying it so far, as the whole city has a really nice mix of different sets. Besides the normal city sets with police stations, hospitals, train stations or normal residental houses there's also some back country with something that looks like a castle or a "typical" chinese temple. The references to some tv-series and movies (recognized Dirty Harry, Matrix, Columbo, Starsky & Hutch so far) are also welcome. I'm sure @BillyHorrible would also enjoy the game. ^_^

How is the co-op? I heard this game was a solo game originally. I may get it at some point but my wife left the last three LEGO games unfinished... I liked Dimensions enough to finish it myself but I don't think I'll complete Marvel Avengers soon.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

How is the co-op? I heard this game was a solo game originally. I may get it at some point but my wife left the last three LEGO games unfinished... I liked Dimensions enough to finish it myself but I don't think I'll complete Marvel Avengers soon.

Can't really judge the co-op as I didn't give it a try, but feature-wise seems to be the standard co-op of a  LEGO game. And It's unlikely that I will be able to give a rating in the near future as the co-op of LEGO-games doesn't work out for us. It's okay in games like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime but me and my gf are more into versus than co-op. 

48 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Can't really judge the co-op as I didn't give it a try, but feature-wise seems to be the standard co-op of a  LEGO game. And It's unlikely that I will be able to give a rating in the near future as the co-op of LEGO-games doesn't work out for us. It's okay in games like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime but me and my gf are more into versus than co-op. 

My wife plays along with LEGO and the occasional multiplayer sidescrolling platformer. Versus would not go well for us unless it's Mario Party :)

Update #1:

Lost Dimension is finished!  It really didn't take that long at all and man, I really liked that game.  At first I was kinda neutral to it but the more I played it the more I liked it.  I'm also really glad I finished it right away since the story in NG+ is really sad and I feel like if it had been too long and I'd forgotten some of it, well, it wouldn't have hit as hard as it did.

Steins;Gate is still a work in progress.  I got another chapter in and I'm really loving it, I just haven't really been in the mood to sit down and watch a VN.

World of Final Fantasy still hasn't been touched in a while.  Ug, the grind.  The jump up in difficulty from the normal game and the EX dungeons is what's killing me

Currently bored at work, so I might as well give a short update.

Invested a few hours into Ratchet & Clank and should be a couple of hours awy from finishing the story. It's fun like the previous games and still has teh same annoyances. Althrough the camera control is much better.

Also started Watch Dogs 2 recently. Still getting used to it, and not really feeling the hype that was made about it so far.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Also started Watch Dogs 2 recently. Still getting used to it, and not really feeling the hype that was made about it so far.

Gotta agree with you there, I started it recently and couldn't help but notice the over hype on the game, but then again I play a lot of games and it didn't appeal as anything new :( 

3 minutes ago, Wxddlindan said:

Gotta agree with you there, I started it recently and couldn't help but notice the over hype on the game, but then again I play a lot of games and it didn't appeal as anything new :( 

Thing is, it's not a bad game, but the annoyances so far outweigh the positives.  I didn't expect anything groundbreaking from it to begin with, I just hoped it would be more enjoyable. My views on it so far are in the thread linked below. Only played a couple of hours of it, and hope it'll soon improve.

Season III, Weekly Update #5

Again some small progress and I would like to add two games from the current KYC-event to my list: Rime (PS4) and Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita)

Ld56f80.png

Finished VLR. It wasn't as overwhelming as back in 2013 but still a decent VN/mystery-adventure. The whole ordeal around the time travels is a bit confusing though. 

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita)

Lfe23d0.png

A lackluster experience compared to the two predecessors. It more feels like a cheap attempt at making a TellTale-like game than a VN/adventure-game and I don't really enjoy it at all. Nonetheless I want to finish this game as it's not really challenging, although I should admit that I don't have any motivation to try any of the more "complicated" puzzles. As soon as I have no interest in them, I just look up a solution.

Season III

• Assassin's Creed III (PS3, goal: Finish story)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4, goal: 100%)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Rime (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, goal: Finish story)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)

Season III; Update #2

Steins;Gate: Haven't touched.

World of Final Fantasy: I've done a bit.  I knocked out a few random trophies.  Honestly, I'm a little frustrated with the level difference between the final story dungeon and the post-game dungeons.  I'm too strong for the former and too weak for the latter.  I have  2 more of the EX dungeons to complete before the final one even opens.  So that's what I'm working on, the grind.  I'm planning to bring my vita over to my friend's house so as she plays Andromeda I can work on the grind.

Mainly I've been playing Kingdom Hearts and Tales of Xillia 2 recently, haha, oops.  It's funny how far I am in Xillia 2 and yet no trophies.  Both of them are rather grind-y though so I think I'm going to get a little further in them before I can really hash out a goal for myself.

Overall

• Lost Dimension: Plat
  • Steins;Gate: Story
  • World of Final Fantasy: Plat

@gernboes Thanks for adding me!

Slow day at work, so I guess I do at least something somewhat productive and post an update.

• Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story (9/10)
  • Alone With You - finish a playthrough or two (PS4)
  • Level 22 - 100%
  • Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - finish story

Over the weekend I finished up the story of Ratchet & Clank. As expected it's a great game. It looks great the runs smooth and is a joy to play from start to finish. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good and fun game to play.

Other than that I've returned to the seemingly endless grind of collectibles in Lego Marvel Avengers. Instead of going back to the levels, I started clearing the hub areas. Collected everything in the minor hubs and have been going at the massive one that is the Manhattan area. Currently at around 74% in-game completion. I'm hoping to wrap up that hub during this week, so that I can focus on hte remaining levels.

Also went back to Ride, and getting some misc trophies out of the way. THe plat is only a matter of me deciding when I want to pop it.

Added 3 more games to the list. Two of them are from the upcoming plus lineup. The other one is a game I already finished playing through once, but needs another 4 playthroughs to finish off... so I might as well slowly satart working on that.

On 30/06/2017 at 7:55 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Update:

1. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Goal: Platinum

Current: Platinum

2. Contrast 

Goal: 100% 

Current: 33%

3. The Unfinished Swan

Current: 61%

4. Jurassic Park: The Survivors 

Current: 90%

5. Jurassic Park: The Depths 

Current: 100%

Season 3

1. Jurassic Park: The Survivors 

Current: 90%

2. Marvel Puzzle Quest

Current: 66%

3. The Unfinished Swan

Current: 61%

Can I add 

4. Fallout 4

Goal:100%

Current: 60%

Minor update...

Platted Ride so that one's off the list now. One of the most enjoyable racing games I've played so far. Has a good amount of content overall and only a few minor annoyances. Other thatn that it's just a good game really.

Also started Level 22 yesterday. It's interesting, but not spectacular so far. It essentially seems to boil down to sneaking your way through a bunch of offices without getting caught.

I'm also adding another game to the list, as I'll probably finish at least one more game from my list during the course of this month.

• Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story (9/10)
  • Alone With You - finish a playthrough or two (PS4)
  • Level 22 - 100%
  • Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - finish story
  • Ar Nosurge: ode to an Unborn Star - finish story

Update Done.

And a bit about my Progress:

L1acad9.png

Im stuck in the second chapter for quite some time now. It seems to be the hardest part of the game, and the only one requiring serous grinding to overlevel your characters, which if ind quite boring, so i hope ill get past it soon and that it really is the only difficulty spike....

Lfa8657.png

The only two trophies requiring a bit of work are unlocking all cosmetics and driving 50km.

For all the cosmetics, you have to play about 190 matches. Im now at about 130, so 2/3 done.

The 50km one is apparently bugged an for most people unlocks between 70 and 80 km. Im now at about 75, so i hope ill have it soon.

Lefac08.png

Reached the end of chapter 2/6

L2787b1.png

Adding Oxenfree to my list. Im really looking forward to this game, although i dont know really much about it, because i want to avoid spoilers, but the overall theme, artstyle an aestethics seem right up my alley.

Lff31ee.png

The bulk of my gaming time though i spent with Elite Dangerous. I wont be adding it to my list, because i bought it right at release and also started playing right away, so i dont consider it backlog, and also because i think it will be a long term project so to say :)

Maybe i will add it once im about to reach the plat - if it comes to that...

Edited by gernboes

12 hours ago, gernboes said:

L1acad9.png

Im stuck in the second chapter for quite some time now. It seems to be the hardest part of the game, and the only one requiring serous grinding to overlevel your characters, which if ind quite boring, so i hope ill get past it soon and that it really is the only difficulty spike....

Had to look up at the guide and yep, those fights in Lastation are definitely some of the more difficult ones as they are somehow unexpected at that point. IIRC I had quite some problems when I played the original. Re;Birth 1 was easier as I knew what I had to expect. Due to the lack of abilities it only really helps to reach the suggested levels mentioned in the guide. :\