A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

22 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

In Fallout 4 DLC I've completed all of them except Nuka-World. Have two things left to do, one is to kill 40 enemies while under a specific buff and redeem 100.000 tickets. I got about 3-4.000 and getting more involves playing games at the Nukacade, which yield a max of around 600. So that's not going to be fun.

Theres a gun that makes it a lot easier, think its the spray and pray gun, it has an explosive perk that explodes the targets on the shooting range and takes them out with one shot when you've got at least lvl2 explosives

Hi there! 

Haven't got a lot of time to game since the last few weeks and .. I wanted to have Bioshock as a Platinum milestone for this account so I let my backlog games asides a bit (i had bought the collection many months ago and planned to put it on season 3 bit couldn't wait any longer lol)

But there is still a week so I'm planning of at least take off AC:Brotherhood my list !

Here is my list for Season 3:

- Tower of deadly monsters / 0% / Plat

- Homefront Revolution / 4% / finish story

- Abzu / 0% / 100%

- Mirror Edge Catalyst / 0% / finish story

- Acre of Life / 0 % / Plat

On 26/06/2017 at 8:03 AM, rikwebb said:

Theres a gun that makes it a lot easier, think its the spray and pray gun, it has an explosive perk that explodes the targets on the shooting range and takes them out with one shot when you've got at least lvl2 explosives

Yeah I ended up getting that weapon. I was using a missile launcher at the beginning which has the same effect, but the ammo for it is more scarce. It's still quite a boring grind of about 3 hours though.

Update:

Abyss Odyssey is slowly progressing.Only need to capture a level 40 soul, which for some reason didn't unlock when I did it last time. Then there's getting the 2 remaining characters to level 28.

Fallout 4 is finally done. The DLC as a whole is fairly mediocre. If you only get the actual bits that have gamplay in them (skip Wasteland and Contraptions Workshop and possibly even the Vault-Tec Workshop), then you're left with good DLC that is worth playing.

Season III

• Abyss Odyssey - get 100% - started Season II
  • Killing Floor 2 - Plat - started Season II
  • Lego Marvel Avengers - Replay levels for collectibles
  • Ride (PS4) - Try out the game
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - Finish Story
  • Watch Dogs 2 - Finish Story
  • Dead Effect 2 - Try out the game
  • République - Finish Story
  • Apotheon - Try out the game

Eliminated from Backlog

Spoiler
  • Killzone - Plat (Pre-season) - 4/10
  • Risen 3 - Enhanced Edition - Plat (planned for Season 1, completed during Pre-season) - 3/10
  • Borderlands - get last trophy for 100% (Season 1) - 8/10
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Monster Monpiece - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 6/10
  • Crysis  - Plat (Season 1) - 7/10
  • Lost Dimension - Plat (started Pre-season, completed during Season 1) - 8/10
  • Alekhine's Gun - Plat (Season 1) - 6/10
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Plat (Season 1) - 4/10
  • Dungeons 2 - Plat (Season 1) - 5/10
  • Need for Speed Rivals - gaining a few ranks as Racer/Cop -(finished racer career - getting back to this eventually) (Season 1) 6/10
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue - Finish Story (Season 1) - 6/10

• Oceanhorn - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Valley - Finish Story - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Adventures of Mana - Plat (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Sword Coast Legends - Play through the story once (Season 2) - 8/10
  • Destroy All Humans - Plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Final Fantasy VII  - stopped playing as I didn't enjoy it (Season 2) - 5/10
  • Far Cry Primal - plat (Season 2) - 7/10
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song - Finish Story (Season 2) - 7/10

• Neon Chrome - try it out and see how it goes (Season 2) - 6/10
  • Severed - get some general progress done (Season 2) (getting back to this eventually)
  • Fallout 4 - complete DLCs (Season 2) - 5/10 this is just referring to the DLC quality combined
Edited by voodoo_eyes

I'm here to report myself, pointing some updates I've forgotten to notice about them, summarizing my status and updating my Season III list. Here's my report:

Eliminated from backlog:

• Jeopardy (Season I)
  • Madden NFL 17 (former Season III list)
  • Magic the Gathering 2014 (Season I)
  • MotoGP 15 [PS3] (formar Season III list)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (Season I)
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit DLCs (Season II)
  • Need for Speed The Run DLCs (Season II)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 [EU PS3 version] (Season II)
  • Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare at North Point (Season II)
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves [PS3] (Season II)
  • That Trivia Game (Season I)
  • UNO [PS4] (former Season III list)
  • Worms Crazy Golf (former Season III list)

Season III:

• Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Book || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Early days
  • Infamous First Light || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 32%
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: Day One of Fourteen
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: About 47%
  • Need for Speed || Goal: REP Level 70 || Current Progress: REP Level 56+
  • Ni no Kuni || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 5th Chapter
  • Punchline || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 90%
  • Rocket League || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 97%
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 4%
  • Truck Racer || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 46%
  • WRC 4 (PS3) || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 88%

I also should say that probably I will not complete all games listed for Season III - this list will be just a parameter about games I will try to complete (on other words, I don't have enough time to complete them all in two months - considering that I probably will focus myself on KYC 4 in July...).

Update:

1. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Goal: Platinum

Current: Platinum

2. Contrast 

Goal: 100% 

Current: 33%

3. The Unfinished Swan

Current: 61%

4. Jurassic Park: The Survivors 

Current: 90%

5. Jurassic Park: The Depths 

Current: 100%

Season 3

1. Jurassic Park: The Survivors 

Current: 90%

2. Marvel Puzzle Quest

Current: 66%

3. The Unfinished Swan

Current: 61%

Sneaky update before the second season is over in my timezone (it's past 10pm over here)

Deponia (PS4)

Lb8753b.png

I had a Deponia-marathon back in March & April last year where I finished all four games in a little more than one week. The first installment felt rather rough in comparison to the later ones and some of the puzzles (mainly the mine bike-section) were just annoying and/or boring. I decided to repurchase the games for PS4 as I wanted to support the dev and I also wanted to see how the the more direct controls would be.

Overall the controls are ok but I still had to use the shortcut buttons to move between the interactive objects as controlling a point-and-click with a controller feels awkward to me. The game is still the same as for PC, with all the choppy animations. Only difference I noticed is that the quite funny tutorial was replaced by some simple still images. Personally I hope that at least Chaos on Deponia will still release before 2018, but according to a tweet a few wekes ago Daedalic first wanted to concentrate on their new releases. :\

This makes my list look like this:

Season II

• Deponia (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4, goal: 100%)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4, goal: Platinum)

Not really successful, I guess. :dunno: 

But this event showed me that it's hard for me to stick to plans when it comes to the order of playing games. Somehow I always lose the interest in playing games as soon as I put them on any list.  Still I want to participate in Season III to see how it turns out. List will be a bit longer from the start but still it's a bit more reasonable as 3 of the 7 listed games were already started (AC III, Megadimension, Wonder Boy) and I will make at least some progress in The Nonary Games as it's part of my KYC line-up.

Season III

• Assassin's Creed III (PS3, goal: Finish story)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, goal: Finish story)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)

Eliminated from backlog:

• Deponia (PS4, goal: Platinum) (Season 2)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita, goal: Platinum) (Season 2)
Edited by Crimson Idol
Forgot PPT >.<

Update time, even though it's a short one.

• Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Dead Effect 2 - Try out the game

Got the plat in Killing Floor 2, so that one's off the list. Was pretty fun and the grind at the end wasn't too terrible. Unfortunately the major problem turned out to be the matchmaking and servers, which for an MP game is inexcusable. If it hadn't been so much fun playing the matches with other people, it would've been trash.

Started Dead Effect 2. It's yet another zombie killing game. It feel like a wannabe Dead Space rip-off with loot drops. More on this game in the next few days.

Update :)

Finished AC: Brotherhood (story and 80% trophies) just in time for Season 2 .  I planned on maybe Plat the game but considering that the controls aven't aged that well and that I 100% the game back then... I might just let it be for now and concentrate on my backlog.

Got the Plat for Tower of deadly monsters. Wow that was fun ! 

I usually don't like top down games but this one was an absolute blast. Nice graphics, funny story, a little a puzzle/platforming in there and a decent soundtrack. If you haven't played it yet you should. It took me 7 hours and only the last 45 minutes for a guide was needed.

Decided to give at least one weekly update now and most likely Sunday will be the day to give them,so here it is:

Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4)

L3eef89.png

Finished the online portion of the game (thanks to Dr_Shaneman for boosting) and now all that's left do to is to pop around 70k puyos. Clearing 100k tetrominos wasn't too bad as I got nearly 30k while playing the Big Bang-mode with the endurance setting (took me about 45 minutes) but puyos? Seems like it will require a few hours even if I would be able to use a non-existent turbo controller. <_< 

On 6/30/2017 at 3:30 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Sneaky update before the second season is over in my timezone (it's past 10pm over here)

Deponia (PS4)

Lb8753b.png

I had a Deponia-marathon back in March & April last year where I finished all four games in a little more than one week. The first installment felt rather rough in comparison to the later ones and some of the puzzles (mainly the mine bike-section) were just annoying and/or boring. I decided to repurchase the games for PS4 as I wanted to support the dev and I also wanted to see how the the more direct controls would be.

Overall the controls are ok but I still had to use the shortcut buttons to move between the interactive objects as controlling a point-and-click with a controller feels awkward to me. The game is still the same as for PC, with all the choppy animations. Only difference I noticed is that the quite funny tutorial was replaced by some simple still images. Personally I hope that at least Chaos on Deponia will still release before 2018, but according to a tweet a few wekes ago Daedalic first wanted to concentrate on their new releases. :\

This makes my list look like this:

Season II

• Deponia (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita, goal: Platinum)

Not really successful, I guess. :dunno: .

Eliminated from backlog:

• Deponia (PS4, goal: Platinum) (Season 2)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita, goal: Platinum) (Season 2)

That was my third plat. I surely hope that the devs release the remaining three parts for PS4, because I want to see the end of the story after that huge cliffhanger at the end. :)

16 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Decided to give at least one weekly update now and most likely Sunday will be the day to give them,so here it is:

Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4)

L3eef89.png

Finished the online portion of the game (thanks to Dr_Shaneman for boosting) and now all that's left do to is to pop around 70k puyos. Clearing 100k tetrominos wasn't too bad as I got nearly 30k while playing the Big Bang-mode with the endurance setting (took me about 45 minutes) but puyos? Seems like it will require a few hours even if I would be able to use a non-existent turbo controller. <_< 

Okay, decided to follow the rubberbanding-method which was stated in the guide. It took a while until it really started to kick in but after ending the match on purpose I acquired 20k popped puyos in about 90 mins. :o It was really fasnicating to see how those randomly dropping puyos always lined out so that game kept on going. A second match was even better. 35k puyos in about 120 minutes. Again, I decided to stop it on purpose but that turned out to be a big mistake as the following rounds weren't that successful. Maximum was 3k puyos in about 15 minutes but overall it was enough to pop the plat, so the first game is from this season's list. ^_^

Season III

• Assassin's Creed III (PS3, goal: Finish story)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Nurse Love Addiction (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4, goal: Platinum)
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, goal: Finish story)
  • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita, goal: Platinum)

Alright, might join this now that the other backlog event is closed:

My games:

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 | Goal: platinum (actually just got back to this a few days ago but before that I hadn't been playing it for years so I still want to count it)

Space Channel 5 part 2 | Goal: clear story and otherwise get as many trophies as I can

Puppeteer | Goal: platinum

Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls | Goal: platinum

So guess I'm jumping right into the July season?

Have another game to cross off the list. This time around it's Dead Effect 2. Graphically dated, dull musical score and awful voice acting mixed with dull gameplay doesn't really cut it. Finished all the story missions and the game being an underwhelming fps doesn't really make me want to get back to it.

• Killing Floor 2 - Plat (7/10)
  • Dead Effect 2 - Try out the game (6/10)

Guess I'll sign up for the season.

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands - Goal 100%
  • Sniper Elite 4 - Goal 100%
  • Bioshock (PS4) - Goal 100%
  • Far Cry 4(PS3)  - Goal 100%
  • Bioshock 2 (PS4)  - Goal 100%
  • Mafia III - Goal 100%

Just some DLC's that I've been meaning to finish off, but I've suckered into buying new games ?

Started the season with Far Cry Primal, made some good progress and so far i'm enjoying my time with this game. Because of the KYC event in which i'm also participating i'll probably won't finish any of the games during this month but most of them i will finish in August.

Ok, the update is for the time done. I will again wait until about two weeks into the third season and then move everybody who hasnt reported a list for season 3 to inactive, and remove anybody who hasnt reported at least one completed goal. You can submit both a list for S3 and a report at a later date and you will be moved back to active, if you do!

As far my list of S2 goes, i am quite satisfied with my progress on PS4, but less so on VITA and PS3, which will reflect in my list for S3, as i will allow myself to only put one game for each of these platforms on my list further on. (exemptions may be made for games already started within this event, but not with the starting list, only when i begin to substitute for completed goals)

I did complete 5 of my goals, 4 of them with Platinums, so thats pretty nice.

For season 3, this will be my list:

L0e3522.png

I'll carry this on from S2. Didnt make too much progress, but i hope this will change...

L1acad9.png

Same as Mass Effect, also coming along from S2.

Lfa8657.png

Played a lot of this at release, stopped some time, dont even know why anymore. Had a look at the list and realized im only missing 3 trophies for the plat, so thats what i will be going for.

Lefac08.png

This and the next entry are games i already own for quite some time, which i both started playing for a few hours and which now - of course - go on PS+. So i have pretty much just wasted money on them (at least i bought both of them cheap...) So, i just take this opportunity to at last play them to completion. Goal for both will be Platinum.

L172c11.png

See above

La64a10.png

I really love Christopher Brookmyre's books, so this pretty much was a must buy for me. Also started it, played it for a few hours and stopped without a special reason. My goal will be story completion, because i didnt have a look at the trophy list yet, so i dont know if 100% will be reasonable for me.

On 21/06/2017 at 7:34 AM, rikwebb said:

Finally unpacked my stuff after my house move but don't have any internet currently

Update:

Final Fantasy 14 - 23% - Goal : Finish Story and some crafting parts (For now)

The Last Of Us - 24% Goal - Do story a couple of times on Hard then get the jokes/optional convos/gun upgrades along the way

Dragons Dogma - 18% - Goal - Finish Story

Final Fantasy X - 19 % - Goal - Platinum - Got a couple of trophies out of the way, just grinding a little ready for the final aeon battle

New Additions:

The Division - 18% - Get the single player parts done at least

Dark Souls 2 - 3% - Get a single playthrough done at least then see how i feel after

Completed:

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 100% Platinum Achieved

Lego Movie - 100% - Goal - Platinum - Platinum Achieved!

11 minutes ago, gernboes said:

I assume, you want to carry that list over to S3? If so, done! :)

Yes please thank you, hopefully now should have some decent time to knock some of these off after moving house and getting my internet finally sorted.

Edited by rikwebb
  • Like 1

Season III, Weekly Update #2

As I'm currently participating in the KYC the pacing is rather slow when it comes to the chosen games, but besides Puyo Puyo Tetris which I already finished, I was also able to start one other game:

LEGO City Undercover (PS4)

Lcf80ce.png

I was already eager to play this game when I had a Wii U but never actually purchased it. Thankfully Warner Bros decided to port it to the current gen consoles. So far I have finished 4 of the 15 story chapters and I really like the fact that one chapter not only consists of one isolated story level with an own environment but the chapters also include tasks you have to fulfill in the hub world. Only thing I really dislike so far are some jokes, mainly the ones involving the sidekick. But otherwise I'm really enjoying it so far, as the whole city has a really nice mix of different sets. Besides the normal city sets with police stations, hospitals, train stations or normal residental houses there's also some back country with something that looks like a castle or a "typical" chinese temple. The references to some tv-series and movies (recognized Dirty Harry, Matrix, Columbo, Starsky & Hutch so far) are also welcome. I'm sure @BillyHorrible would also enjoy the game. ^_^

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Little progress from me in Season II, with just two completed goals and two games with a single new trophy earned - the biggest problem has been buying Industry Giant 2, which I recently got the trophy for playing 50 hours, just another 50 hours to go for completion!

I'm being overly optimistic with my Season III list but I'm making the list larger in the hope I can get back to an average of six games per season (if I do all these I'll be up to 18 for the three seasons).

Season III

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • The Secret of Monkey Island || PS3 || Start 9% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 14% (E)
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||

Eliminated from Backlog

• Assassins Creed IV Black Flag || PS4
  • Ghostbusters || PS3
  • Mass Effect || PS3
  • Contrast || PS4
  • Mass Effect 2 || PS3
  • Motorstorm RC || Vita
  • Little Deviants || Vita
  • Outrun || PS3
  • Game of Thrones || PS4
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5 || PS3