The Platinum Pyramid-Season 3(Currently On Hold)

Done with my platinum pyramid as well. Wow got beat by about an hour! Haha. Congrats Andrea. :)

(P/S: Got problem syncing STP trophies, will try syncing again in a moment)

Oh well, at least there is Survivor new season premiere to cheer me up for my loss. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrea said:

Done with my pyramid. Don't want to presume I won since Gary is also on his last game, but this was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done with regard to trophy hunting. 5 games in 2 nights, all rare or higher. I am so exhausted right now, shaking, headache and so on, but it will be worth it if I won. Either way I did beat my desired time of 8-10 days as I finished after about 7 days, 20 hours.

*throws hands up* Well, I didn't expect to win considering how fast these guys work, but damn that's fast. You're a trophy GOD!

And I had just completed my third game on the Common Row too. Just platinumed Dragon Fantasy Book II a few minutes ago. I'm tempted to drop out but then again, that would prove that I am a quitter and I don't want to say "The contest is over, absolved of all responsibility!" That's not how you should think as a trophy hunter, and the games I have lined up are great games in my opinion, though I don't know about Buff Knight Advanced. Maybe I can get in 10th? :P

8 minutes ago, gary_danial said:

Done with my platinum pyramid as well. Wow got beat by about an hour! Haha. Congrats Andrea. :)

Oh well, at least there is Survivor new season premiere to cheer me up for my loss. :lol:

Congrats on getting top 2!

Well that concludes Platinum Pyramid Season 2 and it was much quicker than the first. Still hope everyone enjoyed the contest even though it was so short lived. 

Like I said before the contest will be on hold for a few months so don't expect any updates for awhile. I'll be sending a PM to each of you for how you would like your prize and that will be it! I'll update everything tomorrow as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gary_danial said:

Yeah, had that problem too - I tried to sync my newest plat up and got an error. Had to reboot my Vita.

2 minutes ago, Triicky913 said:

Well that concludes Platinum Pyramid Season 2 and it was much quicker than the first. Still hope everyone enjoyed the contest even though it was so short lived.

Contest over already? That stinks. :(

I guess I could move the games I was lined up for some other event, like the Spring Backlog. *sigh* Congrats to the winners.

Edited by NebbyLunala

1 minute ago, NebbyLunala said:

Yeah, had that problem too - I tried to sync my newest plat up and got an error. Had to reboot my Vita.

Tried it again just now, I've completed the sync.

The trophies are now in my profile. Just want to say that Chain King! trophy probably cost me the win. Haha. After 200th attempt later...

• Like 1

Great showing Gary, a wire to wire finish that I doubt we will see the likes of in future Platinum Pyramids, or virtually any competition of the like. I haven't seen you in any of the other contests on PSNP but you are definitely on my radar in a big way after all of this.

One of the biggest obstacles this time around was myself. I spent a good 24 hours after Gary's initial update put me down nearly 2 full games thinking I didn't have a chance and debating giving up because I didn't want to finish 2nd again. It was such a disappointment after the planning I put into it and the effort that I expended just to do what I did the first couple days that I thought about retiring from competitions as it felt like I had lost something. I always remember the bad more than the good and I hadn't won a solo competition since my birthday in October so I was wondering if I wasn't over the hill lol. After some pep talks and reflection (shout out to Alpha/Jeff!) I decided to forge on and put everything into it, but that sort of thing isn't always easy for me. Maybe I've found something in myself from the way this finished? Time will tell, I hope so.

In finishing this fast and being able to recover from 24 hours of inactivity surely there was some luck and things going my way. Ether One glitched a lot but never broke completely, the Broken Age platinum was super simple thanks to the speedrun guide on .org, I called a friend on short notice to come over and help me with some of the Madden 12 trophies that required/greatly benefited from 2 players. I was also aided greatly by the fact that I'd played all but two of the games on my list at one point, not just on my old account but also on Steam. This War of Mine, in particular, could've never been done so quickly if I hadn't had tons of experience playing it when it first came out. Also, I was on spring break this week and without that I don't know how I could've found enough time to do all those rare games so quickly. I mean this time two nights ago I was finishing Unravel and four start-to-finish (minus a bit of Madden 12 prep work) platinums later I've got my first solo win of 2017. I locked in so hard for this and will have some catching up to do elsewhere in the coming days, starting with team league updates tomorrow, but it was more than worth it I think.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and Triicky for hosting this event. One to remember for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrea said:

Done with my pyramid. Don't want to presume I won since Gary is also on his last game, but this was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done with regard to trophy hunting. 5 games in 2 nights, all rare or higher. I am so exhausted right now, shaking, headache and so on, but it will be worth it if I won. Either way I did beat my desired time of 8-10 days as I finished after about 7 days, 20 hours.

WELL DONE! I'm still on my common games. I'll continue on regardless. But I guess now I don't have to complete them in that order anymore?

5 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

WELL DONE! I'm still on my common games. I'll continue on regardless. But I guess now I don't have to complete them in that order anymore?

I decided to drop out of the event now that the winners are decided. I got a couple of cheap games and decided to set goals to some more platinums. Probably something like BillyHorrible's Kill Your Completion. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...