Lego Worlds announced for PS4

snakebit10

This has been on early access for a while on PC hasn't it?

Yes, it was. The game has been in beta for since 1 of June 2015.

Can't say I'm interested in it but it's still good to see they're not going all-in on Dimensions.

Toys to life is declining but I'm sure Dimensions is still going strong due to the way its being handled. Skylanders on the other hand, has been declining and failing to reach sales expectations.

What I'm trying to say is, expect L Worlds to treat DLC and expansions differently to the way L Dimensions handle it.

Edited by FlareXV

I've tried it on my computer, could not do much with it... because my laptop could not handle the game.  But hey, I still enjoyed it regardless.

And yeah, heard it was to be coming to PS4 at some point, not sure when though, but I hope soon, as I do have this game on my radar in general.  But the thing that I am curious, in the game, you could collect and build "sets" so to speak, which seem to be based upon real Lego sets.  There was only one so far, but again, based on an actual set.  So I do wonder if they will have a wide range of actual real sets you can build in the game.

Not sure about licensed sets though.

The first line in that trailer is the funniest thing ever.

"Welcome to a new kind of Lego game", you know the first type of lego game where you used to build shit out of the bricks you had. Still all I can is its about damn time.

I'm guessing this will have shitloads of DLC in the form of their licensed characters.

Edited by Superbuu3

The first line in that trailer is the funniest thing ever.

"Welcome to a new kind of Lego game", you know the first type of lego game where you used to build shit out of the bricks you had. Still all I can is its about damn time.

I'm guessing this will have shitloads of DLC in the form of their licensed characters.

That would be nice to have a lot of licensed characters in the game, would give you a wide range of options to create your own character and all that good stuff.  And depending on the route, perhaps extra bricks, extra sets on their own and in turn, new objects you can use on your own to build something awesome out of Lego.

Hopefully trophy wise, there wont be any multiplayer trophies.

I'm really excited for this. Will be the first LEGO game, non-handheld, that I'll purchase day 1 since... I can't even remember the last console LEGO game I bought at launch.

Yes, it was. The game has been in beta for since 1 of June 2015.

Toys to life is declining but I'm sure Dimensions is still going strong due to the way its being handled. Skylanders on the other hand, has been declining and failing to reach sales expectations.

What I'm trying to say is, expect L Worlds to treat DLC and expansions differently to the way L Dimensions handle it.

Didn't Imaginators have a boost in sales for Skylanders over SuperChargers? I mean it did coincide with a series on Netflix.

I'm really excited for this. Will be the first LEGO game, non-handheld, that I'll purchase day 1 since... I can't even remember the last console LEGO game I bought at launch.

Didn't Imaginators have a boost in sales for Skylanders over SuperChargers? I mean it did coincide with a series on Netflix.

I think it was, it didn't do good numbers in the NPD though (66k).

• 2 months later...