Playstation Experience 2016 - Many localizations announced

Satoshi Ookami

I just got done watching the whole thing, and hooooooly shit, that was AWESOME! :yay: The PlayStation Experience is quickly becoming one of my favourite gaming events of the whole year. A lot of the games on stage appeal to people like me who are into the niche/lesser known games that wouldn't even get the time of day at something like E3. Not just that, though, this year they also brought the big guns too. I went crazy over the Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 localisation announcement. HELL YES! The Crash Bandicoot Trilogy looks gorgeous. I can't wait for that. I love how good the Uncharted 4 DLC looks. Chloe is back! :) Ni no Kuni II and Gravity Rush 2 look amazing as expected. Ys Origin was an unexpected announcement, but that's freakin' fantastic! xD Oh yeah, and then there was a little game called THE LAST OF US 2! Or I guess The Last of Us Part 2? :P Either way, Jesus fucking christ on a bike, dude. IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!! What a way to end a conference.

Another thing I love about the PlayStation Experience is how it's a show for the hardcore PlayStation fans. You wouldn't get the crowd chanting "YOSHIDA! YOSHIDA!" at an E3 conference. I loved that part btw. Shuhei is simply the greatest human being on the planet. :giggle: Did anybody catch the part during the Gravity Rush 2 segment where somebody shouted "What about Vita?", because that guy totally knows what's up. xD Then you've got Gio Corsi championing the Vita like he always does. What a legend. :D This show is basically the perfect example of why I love the PlayStation Nation so much. :)

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

VITA ON THE STAGE! FREAKING VITA ON THE STAGE! SHE EXISTS! (Even though the guy has PS4 cap, lol)

What does this mean?  Vita announcement?  Support? love? What? What?  Sony figured out that Vita is actually his baby and is going to send some loving?  Are you just teasing me?

Is it about Ys or is there more?

One of the Sony presenters brought Vita on the stage with him :D

i agree with Satoshi is literally one of the best in the last 2 years!

Because I always speak the truth :awesome:

Another thing I love about the PlayStation Experience is how it's a show for the hardcore PlayStation fans. You wouldn't get the crowd chanting "YOSHIDA! YOSHIDA!" at an E3 conference. I loved that part btw.

That was brilliant =D And Shu definitely enjoyed that :awesome: 

• Like 1

Yakuza Kiwami and 6 coming to the west this soon is my favorite part of this conference, which feels crazy to say considering they announced a new MvC game and Knack 2 baybeee.

That's 3 Yakuza games we're getting within roughly one year starting with 0 in January. At this rate we may even get Ishin!

Yakuza Kiwami and 6 coming to the west this soon is my favorite part of this conference, which feels crazy to say considering they announced a new MvC game and Knack 2 baybeee.

That's 3 Yakuza games we're getting within roughly one year starting with 0 in January. At this rate we may even get Ishin!

Yeah, the Yakuza announcements were definitely some of the highlights for me. It's crazy to think that a few years ago, we didn't even know if we'd be getting any more Yakuza games in the west, and now we're getting so many! I'm definitely not complaining. :) And yeah, it would be awesome if Ishin got localised too. I didn't think it was ever gonna happen, but now I have hope! :)

I'd be happier if Ys VIII was announced for localization.  Bought Ys Origin the day it came out on Steam years ago.  Whether I double dip or not will very highly depend on the trophy list because I'm so not doing a beat time attack on nightmare with all versions of all characters a second time.

Seriously, if it's anything like the Steam achievement list, expect that to be an ultra rare plat.

• Like 1

I'd be happier if Ys VIII was announced for localization.  Bought Ys Origin the day it came out on Steam years ago.  Whether I double dip or not will very highly depend on the trophy list because I'm so not doing a beat time attack on nightmare with all versions of all characters a second time.

Seriously, if it's anything like the Steam achievement list, expect that to be an ultra rare plat.

Yeah, a Ys VIII announcement would have been awesome, but I have no doubt that it will come to the west at some point. If I had to guess, it will probably just be for the PS4, though, and that version isn't even out in Japan yet. Maybe they're seeing how Ys Origin does in the west before they announce anything, I dunno.

I kinda hope it is a difficult list tbh. I need some more UR JRPGs plats on my profile. ;)

Edited by Undead Wolf

Yeah, a Ys VIII announcement would have been awesome, but I have no doubt that it will come to the west at some point. If I had to guess, it will probably just be for the PS4, though, and that version isn't even out in Japan yet. Maybe they're seeing how Ys Origin does in the west before they announce anything, I dunno.

I kinda hope it is a difficult list tbh. I need some more UR JRPGs plats on my profile. ;)

Or it could be both still.  Falcom is still making Vita games, so a localization to Vita makes sense since it would be easy to add in and give a chance for additional profit.

If you want an idea of what I'm speaking of, here's the Steam achievement list: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ladynadiad/stats/appid/207350/achievements

It's actually very likely that list may be used since it's a good number for a plat and already has a get all other achievements achievement and there isn't anything missing from that list among things to find.

If that list is it, it's minimum 6 playthroughs of the game itself, twice with each character, plus 8 times beating nightmare boss rush, plus time spend grinding in the arena to unlock a bunch of extras.

I'd be happier if Ys VIII was announced for localization.

Re-reply

XSEED is waiting for PS4 to hit Japan. No one knows whether they already started working on Vita version so the translation can only be ported or they will start working once the PS4 version is out.

Kudos to you for doing all the achievements.

I really liked Ys: Origin but honestly I couldn't bear to play through the games more than once with each character. Yunica and Toal were fine but I really disliked Hugo. And Boss Rush is a mode I never liked in any game.

Surprised that Crash looks to be a remake, not a remaster. Surely to get that kind of graphic upgrade they would have to build it from scratch almost?

Hopefully we'll see the same for Spyro eventually, although not with that abomination Skylanders model.

And Boss Rush is a mode I never liked in any game.

I actually liked it in Celceta =D

It was so good and so much vita love, he was even holding the new vita model from Japan, maybe a hint it comes to the west

Frankly, I don't want that one... The black borders are ugly. I would rather have completely aqua Vita.

I actually liked it in Celceta =D

I only played it as didn't require you to play on a specific difficulty but playing through a mode 8 times on highest difficulty? No thanks. >_>

And playing through the normal game six times is also not a thing I enjoy. Especially the Silent Sands-section of the tower wasn't fun for me.

And playing through the normal game six times is also not a thing I enjoy. Especially the Silent Sands-section of the tower wasn't fun for me.

Yeah... I absolutely adore Origins, and running through the game with everyone (even Yunica) will be a joy (especially if difficulty stacks... I think Hard is avaliable from the start), but teh Nightmare playthroughs and the Blessings grind... *shudder*

Plus, there's also Cryptozoologist... I so hope this one will go away. I'll surely miss something again. (flashbacks to the Hacker of Axiom Verge and those damn treasure chests of Celceta)

I'm excited for Ys Origins. Ys Memories of Celceta was very enjoyable, so I'll definitely play this one too.

I've yet to play Ys Celceta, although I know I really should. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and I actually own the game, but you know how the backlog struggles go. :P I see you made the guide on this site, so I look forward to using it when I do play it. ;)

Now that Ys Origin is coming to Vita, though, I'm wondering if I should play that first. I'll admit that I don't know much about the series and I'm not sure if they're related or not. If they are, it would make sense to play Origin first. Even if they aren't, maybe it's better to start with the more dated game and move my way up? Not sure. :hmm:

• Like 1

I've yet to play Ys Celceta, although I know I really should. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and I actually own the game, but you know how the backlog struggles go. :P I see you made the guide on this site, so I look forward to using it when I do play it. ;)

Now that Ys Origin is coming to Vita, though, I'm wondering if I should play that first. I'll admit that I don't know much about the series and I'm not sure if they're related or not. If they are, it would make sense to play Origin first. Even if they aren't, maybe it's better to start with the more dated game and move my way up? Not sure. :hmm:

Shame on you, go play Memories of Celceta and use that guide. That game was also the first Ys game I've played and it seems that it isn't related to the previous games. I'm told there's a reference to the previous game, but that's about it.

Shame on you, go play Memories of Celceta and use that guide. That game was also the first Ys game I've played and it seems that it isn't related to the previous games. I'm told there's a reference to the previous game, but that's about it.

Hey! You of all people should know the backlog won't permit making a brash move like that. :P It's a slow beast you slowly get through only to add more and more onto it until it crushes your very soul. xD

Good to know it's not related. I figured that was the case, but I wasn't sure. Maybe I'll get around to it when the Vita is on its dying breath as a last swan song too the greatest handheld ever made. :giggle: