Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

13 minutes ago, Amitte_Sukku said:

Yeah! I will... try...! And maybe... when next year comes around, I'll be better prepared. Having other challenges in different fields doesn't help either;;

*cowers in fear*

Real Life always takes priority (except for Satoshi, but you can ignore him :P ). I hope you will solve those challenges.

And good luck with any of the other games. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Real Life always takes priority (except for Satoshi, but you can ignore him :P ). I hope you will solve those challenges.

And good luck with any of the other games. :)

The good thing is, they're not real life-related. I just piled up some stuff to force myself, since it's my winter holiday now and I guess I bit off more than I could chew... as usual.

Thanks for understanding! :D

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, that Twisty McMarx was awful enough on PS3, I can't see how it's even physically possible on Vita. I mean, know people have gotten the trophy on Vita, I just don't see how anyone can actually pull it off. 

there was a tip online to use tape on the back of the vita to map where the l2 and r2 buttons are. without that tip it may have been impossible. with the tip took a few tries, but no more than 10. just make sure the tape doesn't leave residue.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

If you are broke the only choices would be Wake-up Club or Frobisher Says! as it seems.

looking at trophies i'd say frobisher. for the ponsonby trophy i set a clock on my computer and pointed my vita at it so the clock was the background while catching ponsonby... got it on the first try. for wake up club she doesn't have the 200x trophy so even if she is close to that its at least 3 hours of setting alarms and turning off alarms and maybe as much as 6. a boring way to try to get 100% if done in just a few days, but i guess doable.

19 minutes ago, Cisele80 said:

there was a tip online to use tape on the back of the vita to map where the l2 and r2 buttons are. without that tip it may have been impossible. with the tip took a few tries, but no more than 10. just make sure the tape doesn't leave residue.

looking at trophies i'd say frobisher. for the ponsonby trophy i set a clock on my computer and pointed my vita at it so the clock was the background while catching ponsonby... got it on the first try. for wake up club she doesn't have the 200x trophy so even if she is close to that its at least 3 hours of setting alarms and turning off alarms and maybe as much as 6. a boring way to try to get 100% if done in just a few days, but i guess doable.

Yeah, I saw that tip but I haven't tried it yet. I also wonder if it's easier on Vita 2000 vs 1000. Maybe it's a fluke, but from my own experience playing on my white AC Liberation Vita 1000 and my black Vita 2000, the rear touchpad is much easier for me to hit accurately on the 2000. It seems like my fingers find the areas more easily on the 2000. I know on the 1000 I almost always end up tapping outsite of the touchpad area, or in the wrong part. Or maybe the touchpad is just defective... I don't really play enough games that use the rear touchpad for me to make a determination one way or another. 

I know it took me way more than 10 tries on PS3, and that was with a half-decent controller for L2/R2! 

I'm making good progress in my 2 last games, so it looks like I'm going to pull off 5 games for the 5th anniversary. Even though 3 of those are fairly easy 100% games. :)

7 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: plz add two non-platinum games in ready to pop status on my list: Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition and Super Blackout.

At any moment I can appear here again to add more 'quick-and-easy' games... :lol:

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, I'd like to add MouseCraft as my 5th game, so I'll have 2 Platinums and 3 100%'s. 

Now I had a bit more than a few spare minutes left so I updated your lists.

37 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm making good progress in my 2 last games, so it looks like I'm going to pull off 5 games for the 5th anniversary. Even though 3 of those are fairly easy 100% games. :)

Things like difficulty or rarity don't matter. :P 

So I definitely wouldn't be able to finish Dragon Quest: Builders on time, so I would like to take it away. Lone Survivor too, it's not my kind of game.

Danganronpa, Girls und Panzer and Bastion are a maybes for now. Also, maybe Root Letter.

Definitely I will finish Shantae and both seasons of Walking Dead, so you can add them.

Thank you for your attention.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:38 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Honestly I don't know if there was any type of challenge I really liked in Sly 3. I guess the Penelope-based missions and challenges were the ones I disliked most due to the RC-controls. Thinking about the Red Baron-missions makes me just shiver... :S

Yeah, the RC missions were b@lls - the last one was annoying as you had to race around a track you could fall off of, but at least it wasn't time-intensive.

Speaking of which...

You can freely change your game before the 22nd.

All right, tossing Sly 3 into the "to-do" list with Psychonauts god-forsaken punching mini-game. I'd like to change my entry to Dragon Quest Builders. For the record, I have 91% trophy completion in Sly 3 - all I need is 100% Cooper... but that requires clearing ALL of the Master Thief Challenges and I have them all... except for three which are vexing and evil as hell:

• Tsao Showdown: A rematch with General Tsao(part 2), but you can only get hit once before you are killed. General Tsao is the worst fight in the game, especially his second phase. But what really nails it in the hate list is the fact that every time you die, you have to view a cutscene where he gloats. X(
  • Ultimate Gauntlet: Not hard, just easy to die in because you have to be a platforming god. It's timed but not too badly.
  • Battle Against Time: The final boss battle, win in under three minutes. This boss is really annoying and can annihilate Sly in a second if you are reckless.

So I rage-quit. I know that rage-quitting is bad, but my mother told me that you should always leave, take a vacay, and come back when you aren't sore all over your hands from mashing buttons and about to do something drastic out of gamer rage.

Dragon Quest Builders is not too hard for me. I've managed to platinum in on my old account swiftly and easily thanks to some helpful videos on how to complete the timed challenges. I can knock those out, then do the rest by reloading the save file before the boss of each chapter.

Root Letter is going well, I got my third ending yesterday and will get my fourth today. I decided not to do the Shimanekko trophy last, I'll get the fifth ending as my last trophy. Preparation for that should be complete today, then I'll start Adventures of Mana right away.

7 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

All right, tossing Sly 3 into the "to-do" list with Psychonauts god-forsaken punching mini-game. I'd like to change my entry to Dragon Quest Builders. For the record, I have 91% trophy completion in Sly 3 - all I need is 100% Cooper... but that requires clearing ALL of the Master Thief Challenges and I have them all... except for three which are vexing and evil as hell:

• Tsao Showdown: A rematch with General Tsao(part 2), but you can only get hit once before you are killed. General Tsao is the worst fight in the game, especially his second phase. But what really nails it in the hate list is the fact that every time you die, you have to view a cutscene where he gloats. X(
  • Ultimate Gauntlet: Not hard, just easy to die in because you have to be a platforming god. It's timed but not too badly.
  • Battle Against Time: The final boss battle, win in under three minutes. This boss is really annoying and can annihilate Sly in a second if you are reckless.

I already found the normal path that's part of the Ultimate Gauntlet annoying so I never even tried to attend that challenge because I heard it has no checkpoints. I don't mind the platforming itself but timed + no checkpoints is a thing I don't like at all.

And I updated your game. :)

59 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: Day of the Tentacle is ready to pop. My next update will be only on weekend (or maybe Monday...).

Added it to your list.

And I'm a bit disappointed. First the big announcement that there would come more yesterday and then you let me wait 21 hours. I couldn't sleep at all as I was anticipating something great. :P

54 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

(...)

And I'm a bit disappointed. First the big announcement that there would come more yesterday and then you let me wait 21 hours. I couldn't sleep at all as I was anticipating something great. :P

It could be worse... - actually I was expecting finish Day of the Tentacle only on Friday or even a bit after... :D

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I already found the normal path that's part of the Ultimate Gauntlet annoying so I never even tried to attend that challenge because I heard it has no checkpoints. I don't mind the platforming itself but timed + no checkpoints is a thing I don't like at all.

And I updated your game. :)

The time limit isn't too bad - it's 14 minutes and chances are that, unless you really f*ck up and keep dying at the checkpoints, you'd make that time in the normal run during the story. This is just something I have to deal with.

Don't get me wrong; I will return to those games, but I just need some time for myself. (And I have to work on my PS4 stuff too.)

And thanks for updating. I do plan on working each chapter for the rest of the week so I will have DQB ready to pop by the 22nd.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

The time limit isn't too bad - it's 14 minutes and chances are that, unless you really f*ck up and keep dying at the checkpoints, you'd make that time in the normal run during the story. This is just something I have to deal with.

Was it 14 minutes? When I replayed the game on VIta I had in mind that the time limit was only 7 minutes when I saw the challenge on the PS3 so I never had a second look at it as I just played the normal story, finished some challenges to get the trophy for 75% of the challenges and stopped bothering. Might give the game a second chance then, but not before the 22nd. Don't want to ruin my mood. ;) 

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Was it 14 minutes? When I replayed the game on VIta I had in mind that the time limit was only 7 minutes when I saw the challenge on the PS3 so I never had a second look at it as I just played the normal story, finished some challenges to get the trophy for 75% of the challenges and stopped bothering. Might give the game a second chance then, but not before the 22nd. Don't want to ruin my mood. ;) 

To be honest, I dunno. I was going off a video playing the challenge on the PS3 version, so it might be shorter on the Vita version.

I'll be starting Dragon Quest Builders tomorrow, have a lot of PS4 to do today.

I guess you can remove fifa 13 from my list. Apparently it popped, to my astonishment, since I counted only 85 games played. I supposed there's more games I've played before I officially started counting the amount of games I've played. Regardless, I'm not used to restraining myself from not getting plats from one trophy away to plat games. The temptation is too high, but just 5 more days left, I hope I can do this xD 

I've got the last new trophy in Minecraft ready to pop on my Vita and then I'll have 100% again. That's assuming they don't release any new trophies in the next 5 days. So that's pretty much all the Vita games I've got that I want to play unless someone wants to play about 1000 games of online Tetris with me over the next 5 days. :awesome: