Request a Forum Profile Cover Photo - Waiting List Added to the OP

Dragon-Archon

3 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

You need a larger size for mobile unfortunately. It's posted in the OP

Dragon used the desktop dimensions right?

1 hour ago, kuuhaku said:

Yeah. I meant the image on the profile shows as a different size. It actually doesn't even show as the same size on every computer or on every phone. It's a dynamic size and ratio based on the pixel length of the screen viewing the site. It is extremely annoying that sly chose to do it this way—especially since it destroys desktop mode on mobile devices.

I did some testing with developer mode on chrome and the size it downscales from is 1920x1080. It changes the location of the cutoff in a way that I can't really guess at. For some, it starts cutting off the image for the first 50 pixels on the left on some sizes and on other sizes it starts cutting off from the bottom of the screen. The only thing that stays relatively the same is the hover card and that is best made from the 1270x265 resolution.

In my personal opinion, I think the image @Dragon-Archon made would look best on mobile if he made tiles of the precursor bars to the bottom of the image until it reached 600px high while continuing to have the statue of mar go down with it. That would allow it to continue looking the way it does now on your hover card and when viewed from most computers while replacing the black bar at the bottom on mobile with the pattern of the precursor wall.

I was to aware of this, as over the years Ive used a few random comps to access this site at times. If anyone noticed, my previously recent Platinum wall setup favored wider screen pcs/laps. Rows of 12 fit on that type of screen, anything more forced below 12rows on older standard screens (mobile its 10× worse smh).

Yeah, Dragon likely wont do anymore work there. And second, I dont really "need" him to. I can mostly access a decent pc on weekdays. Ill dl the pic onto then put as my cp then ill be fine (right)?

Edited by Mar

10 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Lol poor Dragon. You have so much more patience than me to have done a long request like this.

First and last time I did a long request like this.

1 minute ago, Mar said:

I was to aware of this, as over the years Ive used a few random comps to access this site at times. If anyone noticed, my previously recent Platinum wall setup favored wider screen pcs/laps. Rows of 12 fit on that type of screen, anything more forced below 12rows (mobile its 10× worse smh).

Yeah, Dragon likely wont do anymore work there. And second, I dont really "need" him to. I can mostly access a decent pc on weekdays. Ill dl the pic onto then put as my cp then ill be fine (right)?

I use 1270x265 as standard dimensions.

If you really want a 1270x600 version, I can add you to the waiting list. But you'll have to specify which of the 4 versions you want enlarged.

27 minutes ago, Mar said:

You might be able to pick it on mobile if you copy and paste the link to the image instead of trying to upload it. That's how I do it on my computer, at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mar said:

I was to aware of this, as over the years Ive used a few random comps to access this site at times. If anyone noticed, my previously recent Platinum wall setup favored wider screen pcs/laps. Rows of 12 fit on that type of screen, anything more forced below 12rows on older standard screens (mobile its 10× worse smh).

32 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

You might be able to pick it on mobile if you copy and paste the link to the image instead of trying to upload it. That's how I do it on my computer, at least.

I have no problem uploading on my LGV20 on mobile site version(not desktop mode). I can't speak for apple products though. 

Hold down on image, open in new tab, hold down on image, download image. (I'm using Chrome on my phone) 

Then go to your profile and click the icon for the banner. Click upload, then use whichever application is suitable that pops up(I just use "documents"). 

-Android 

However if you're having problems with your phone, don't worry you'll have no problems on a computer. 

Edited by Dav9834

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What do you think?

uLTmjDg.png

So, did I do them justice?

You used my favorite image so I can't complain at all :)  lol

Also know that no one can come to my expectations not even the original artist lol

You did them justice :highfive:

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What do you think?

uLTmjDg.png

So, did I do them justice?

Oh wow...you have done an incredible job and I love it <3  The middle image is one of my favorite Final Fantasy 8 images.  I love the color scheme too ^_^

Thank you so much for making this for me, I really appreciate it.  Your skills are just getting better and better.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

You used my favorite image so I can't complain at all :)  lol

Also know that no one can come to my expectations not even the original artist lol

You did them justice :highfive:

Awesome :D , good to know Asuna won't be using The Knife.

16 minutes ago, Rach said:

Oh wow...you have done an incredible job and I love it <3  The middle image is one of my favorite Final Fantasy 8 images.  I love the color scheme too ^_^

Thank you so much for making this for me, I really appreciate it.  Your skills are just getting better and better.

Thanks Rach, I'm glad that you like it. At first I used the colours from the FF8 logo, but that didn't seem soothing at all, so switched to a blue palette.

12 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Yesh. <3

You've improved a ton since you started Dragon! Keep up the good work. Like the colors used here and the artworks are very nicely blended in. :)

Thanks a lot Demon :D . 

2 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Who can i pay to make me something Trophy related, have a Platinum, gold, silver and bronze themed.

There are probably lots of people you can pay for something like this, but members here get the PSNP discount: free of charge :D . I'll add you to the waiting list.

So im using my cover photo... I thought every inch of the picture would fit on the profile; I thought the dimensions of the pictures made here were exact fits, like I believe the PSN CPs are being made to be. This makes my wish for the logo placement look stupid now lol, since part of it gets cut off (not that its a huge issue -- just saying). 

41 minutes ago, Mar said:

So im using my cover photo... I thought every inch of the picture would fit on the profile; I thought the dimensions of the pictures made here were exact fits, like I believe the PSN CPs are being made to be. This makes my wish for the logo placement look stupid now lol, since part of it gets cut off (not that its a huge issue -- just saying). 

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html?sdid=KKQIN&mv=search&s_kwcid=AL!3085!3!111672138618!e!!g!!photoshop cc&ef_id=VZ9QRQAAALQu5mwi:20170115185053:s

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, cmgravekeeper said:

I still abhor the monthly payment CC version.

They say you can't get cs6 anymore since January 9th even with calling(which I think is sleazy).

But even though I personally believe you can still order it through adobe on some level(especially if you're a business buying multiple copies), the easiest way to get cs6 is buying aftermarket. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

There are probably lots of people you can pay for something like this, but members here get the PSNP discount: free of charge :D . I'll add you to the waiting list.

:cough: we always take donations though :cough:

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Look on the bright side, when hovering over your username the logo is exactly in the lower right corner. Should I add you to the waiting list?

1 hour ago, cmgravekeeper said:

Lol :lol: .

24 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I still abhor the monthly payment CC version.

They say you can't get cs6 anymore since January 9th even with calling(which I think is sleazy).

But even though I personally believe you can still order it through adobe on some level(especially if you're a business buying multiple copies), the easiest way to get cs6 is buying aftermarket. 

:cough: we always take donations though :cough:

Of course, my treasure hoard could always use more gold, gems, and the stuff you've got hidden in the SV vault :awesome: .

• Like 1

Seems you missed the part where I said I both dont have any kind of pc of my own and that the one I can use is too decent to do things such as that.

31 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Look on the bright side, when hovering over your username the logo is exactly in the lower right corner. Should I add you to the waiting list?

I mean, I just thought the dimensions were designed to be perfect, that's all. If I was aware of this beforehand, I would have had the logo placed elsewhere and maybe other changes (like the bars). This makes both my time and your time and effort only partially effective and worth it... part of your work is not going to full use here.

However, my previous reply, I may have talked too soon. I forgot about the different pc shows different sizes at times thing, like Kuuhaku said b4. However, im not fully sure if my CP would show more "picture" on bigger pc screens.

For your question, I dont even know. I need more information..

Post of the year reward goes to @cmgravekeeper.

37 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You have so much patience. He would have been blacklisted from requests by me at this point. xD

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I spent so much time on this, part of me wants to make it all worthwhile. Though this time it'll be 1 revision only, after that it's take it or leave it.

I know how that feels. 

I'd just move the lower stuff and call it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Post of the year reward goes to @cmgravekeeper.

You have so much patience. He would have been blacklisted from requests by me at this point. xD

Because im defending myself, and only literally making factual, no harm statements? You and others here have an immense comprehending issue with the context of my comments. Its quite sad. "At this point" as if Ive done something or been doing something worth blacklisting for. (As if im going to tolerate lies said and provoking comments related to me - all these unnesessary 'patient' comments, biased as hell liked posts, and 'post of the year awards - no I will say something back.) Its worse enough you and others still fail to realize that all the changes made to my cp is not all on me, something Ive had to unnecessarily make apparant, which still is not apparant enough for yall, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

There was also the issue with wanting a 1270x600 image for the mobile version of the site.

I never requested that.

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I know, though I read something about Kuuhaku mentioning a 600 pixel image, so I considered the possibility of such a request.

Your comment kind of strongly implies though that I made that request -- "issue", "want". Oh look, im arguing/replying to you, im worth blacklisting now.

Having one for mobile version would be a stupid contradiction wouldnt it.... Regardless of which device you use for psnp, its all shared as one, meaning if I used a mobile cp and then signed on pc, itll be greatly out of place?

I use mobile most of the time, but I still prefer the desktop version of this site. I wouldnt want a mobile version of a cp unless psnp was a site I sometimes came to, always on mobile. All my profile edits are even done from pc. Mobile is pretty lacking.

Edited by Mar