C3 Community - Winner Andrea9281

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

At the moment I want to get a 4K OLED TV which would set me back $10,000 easy but given that I spend all my time either gaming or watching movies I can justify it (right :hmm:). The Consumer Electronics Show is in Las Vegas early January so most companies should be announcing their latest TVs then so I'll have a better idea what's on the market soon enough.

Very nice, the OLED screens look amazing, definitely out of my price range though. ?

• Like 1

On 23-12-2016 at 11:36 PM, FilmFanatic said:

Now I want to know how old everyone is lol. I suspect that at 32 I'm in the older player category.

32 .... Damn, now I'm feeling really old :facepalm:

I've been eyeballing a curved OLED 4K TV, but the store doesn't even list the price .... and I'm too scared to ask :D

Edited by AnRoDr
  • Like 1

Phew! Boxing day sales have tired me out (And I still have to go work soon)

Managed to pick up a few more games, also finally grabbed a new headset. Also picked up an Xbone controller that I can use for PC.

Not a bad haul but it hit my wallet hard, won't be picking up anything else for a while.

Edited by spazza136
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Phew! Boxing day sales have tired me out (And I still have to go work soon)

Managed to pick up a few more games, also finally grabbed a new headset. 

Ohh noooo. This means we could form a team of 4 highly functioning / communicating players for PayDay2. Well ok maybe 3 1/2 when you consider one of the other guys

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fmfab said:

Any of you guys would wanna boost PvZ garden warfare 2?

Yep, we can work something out 

24 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Sorry. I only have the first one. I'm actually going for the plat in that right now if anyone wants to join in.

Have first one as well if you need another for the MP trophies just let me know

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Yep, we can work something out 

Have first one as well if you need another for the MP trophies just let me know

Thanks. I could use some help getting some of the Garden Ops trophies later. Just message me whenever you're up for doing it.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2016 at 4:04 PM, feral611 said:

Ha ha ha mate, you and your crazy lies about beating me. Both know you only agreed to a second season to try and snag the wooden spoon :P

Well I do like winning awards! :P

On 25/12/2016 at 7:31 PM, cjshaitan said:

Let's just say 2016 was a warmup, I am ratcheting it up to a whole new level " good old shamey Cj " has learnt some new tricks. I will remember to wave at you from the top

Last season was a warm up!? God help us...

On 26/12/2016 at 1:15 PM, spazza136 said:

Not a bad haul but it hit my wallet hard, won't be picking up anything else for a while.

Don't go looking on the PSN store until after 21st January then :P

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Are we still waiting for people to hand in their backlog games? I'm very interested in seeing what everyone chose.

Would like to see how the rest of the Golden Games pans out too, even tough I'll be skipping January's game.

Backlog games are almost all in, will have them up by the 29th :) 

As many of the golden games that were nominated are either new releases or release dates have not been confirmed we decided to just go with the first three months then when things become a little clearer we will randomly draw the rest of the games. 

How does everyone feel about Dragon Quest builders, personally I hate minecraft but I am interested and will try this game. It seems reasonable length 25-30hrs so should fit nicely into January

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

As many of the golden games that were nominated are either new releases or release dates have not been confirmed we decided to just go with the first three months then when things become a little clearer we will randomly draw the rest of the games. 

How does everyone feel about Dragon Quest builders, personally I hate minecraft but I am interested and will try this game. It seems reasonable length 25-30hrs so should fit nicely into January

Looks quite fun I guess but will have to pass, way to much to go on with atm. Will be picking up RE7 and HZD though :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Definitely passing on Dragon Quest Builders. I watched like 10 youtube "lets play" from a youtuber I enjoy watching, but I could not get into the game for the life of me. Kind of sad to be skipping the very first golden game of the competition but alas, it'll give me time to play some  backlog games I suppose. The estimated plat length doesn't seem so bad but, can't bring myself to play something that I will probably find terribly dull for like 30 hours just for the competitions sake :)

Edited by TwitchReflex
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I honestly don't know too much about Dragon Quest Builders, but I just made most of my golden game list games from the Shonen Jump PP I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I like Minecraft though, and the trailer seemed interesting, so I feel like I'll enjoy this game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

I honestly don't know too much about Dragon Quest Builders, but I just made most of my golden game list games from the Shonen Jump PP I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I like Minecraft though, and the trailer seemed interesting, so I feel like I'll enjoy this game.

I am glad it got up for January, have had it on the shelf for a few months and heard some good things about it. Even if we are the only two playing it Jem :) 

• Like 1

Personally,  I don't plan on playing any stupid games this year.  Just gonna go with what I want to play and enjoy my games. Have like 200 unfinished games to choose from one my shelf.  Probably won't be picking up many new games this year either.  Probably put more of my money into my other hobbies this year.  Or apply it to my credit card bill lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, josh_camp said:

Personally,  I don't plan on playing any stupid games this year.  Just gonna go with what I want to play and enjoy my games. Have like 200 unfinished games to choose from one my shelf.  Probably won't be picking up many new games this year either.  Probably put more of my money into my other hobbies this year.  Or apply it to my credit card bill lol.

Oh Josh what about all those poor little Lego dimensions figures ............ think of the Lego Josh ?

15 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

Don't go looking on the PSN store until after 21st January then :P

I bought a $50 PSN card during Boxing Day so if more games get added to the January sale I'll be ready for them!

14 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I had never heard of the game before you mentioned it. Considering that I have 15 or so games lined up already and DQB costs around $50 I'm going to have to pass on it for now.

• Like 1

On 26-12-2016 at 10:50 PM, cjshaitan said:

If you find a way to justify a 10k TV to your wife let me know.  

You'll be the first to know .... I can however safely state that:

1) trying to make it look like a basic need in life doesn't work

2) promising her a new pet creates doubt, but that quickly turned sour after the price range came up in the conversation

3) getting violent will only get your own arse whooped

;) 

15 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Dragon Quest Builders looks like a fun game, but with Skyrim and Xcom 2 ..... highly unlikely ;)

The Golden Games is something that I really like watching other people commit to, I'm waaaay to slow a gamer to ever be ale to finish a new release within a month. The backlog games on the other hand, now that is something I might pull off in the span of a year

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AnRoDr said:

You'll be the first to know .... I can however safely state that:

1) trying to make it look like a basic need in life doesn't work

2) promising her a new pet creates doubt, but that quickly turned sour after the price range came up in the conversation

3) getting violent will only get your own arse whooped

;) 

Dragon Quest Builders looks like a fun game, but with Skyrim and Xcom 2 ..... highly unlikely ;)

The Golden Games is something that I really like watching other people commit to, I'm waaaay to slow a gamer to ever be ale to finish a new release within a month. The backlog games on the other hand, now that is something I might pull off in the span of a year

ah its not as bad as youd think, it really depends on the game! i mean if i managed to finish battleborn (with the help of tons of other people of course) in just a month for last years competition, think of all the possibilities!

• Like 1