Fishing tips.

FlareZero

No offense but maybe you do it wrong , because i only failed catching fish twice in whole playthrough. 

Dont push r2 all the time, just when no alert is on screen. Use analog stick in direction fish is swimming , when he change direction than stop for few seconds , go in new direction and start R2 again slowly.

I dont think gear will change a lot but you can buy better gear in swamps/lake in north . Dont know Name right now.

Maybe level up fishing skill on first fishing spot you get in game , at daytime there are pretty easy to catch.

1 minute ago, EmeraldLeviathan said:

The notification (to move the left stick) is mislading as it flashes on and off. Are we supposed to keep flicking the stick in the instructed direction, or hold it? I also have lost many fish and am struggling to get my fishing skill level up. Thanks.

Hold the direction  , even if the direction symbol disapear. Only stop holding direction when he change the direction , i always wait few seconds because some fish quickly change direction again .

• Like 1

Thankfully I just got that stupid expert trophy a few minutes ago. I would love to meet the person who came up with the mechanic when a fish has nearly full interest in your lure, and then for whatever reason fucks off. It was unbelievably intolerable.

I don't even care that I didn't catch the Liege of the Lake. It can stay in that goddamn lake.

• Like 1

Follow the advice tips that have been told here. With that being said, the best fishing Rod & Reel that you can buy with your own gil is found on Vesperpool (open the spoiler tag to see the location)

Spoiler

http://www.powerpyx.com/wp-content/uploads/fishing-gear.jpg

The very best Fishing Rod in the game can be obtained after completing all of Navyth quest (spoiler tag has the location of were one of the quest starts.)

Spoiler

http://www.powerpyx.com/wp-content/uploads/navyth-location.jpg

The best best reel can be obtained from the Tomostro mini game in Altissia.

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlareZero said:

Guys anyone know exatly a good equipment for fishing? I have a lot of problems, I have tried a lot of fhising (over 20 tries), but IO have caught only one fish, any advice?

I just used the equipment you can buy at the Vesperpool, I was able to catch the Liege of the Lake with that. Don't try to reel in the fish if it's thrashing around either (you should see/hear water splashing), just keep your rod pointed in the right direction until it calms down, then start reeling.

I actually enjoyed the fishing mechanics. I definitely got frustrated when there was a high-stamina rare that I just didn't have enough line durability for. Went and bought the Dragon line and never had an issue.

(though to emulate some of Valyrious's frustrations, do your friends always have to comment about your line being low at 50% durability... UGH)

2 hours ago, Kallume said:

I actually enjoyed the fishing mechanics. I definitely got frustrated when there was a high-stamina rare that I just didn't have enough line durability for. Went and bought the Dragon line and never had an issue.

(though to emulate some of Valyrious's frustrations, do your friends always have to comment about your line being low at 50% durability... UGH)

(or tell you to pull the line in the direction of the fish when you are doing just that.. I swear, why doesn't Noctis just throw the fishing rod at them and tell them to do the fishing if they complain so much >.<)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kallume said:

Where I can find the Dragon line?

57 minutes ago, DEMON said:

(or tell you to pull the line in the direction of the fish when you are doing just that.. I swear, why doesn't Noctis just throw the fishing rod at them and tell them to do the fishing if they complain so much >.<)

LMAO! Yep! I know what you mean... My girlfriend watched me for 10 minutes wrangling a Grouper and she asked "do your bros ever shut up?"

On 27/12/2016 at 4:46 AM, Lord_gamer_1 said:

Fishing is so easy. I don't see how you are struggling

Well, for me it's hard to catch the big one, it's two days that I am on levelling up Noctis talent, I have a lot of problem with them, the little one coming up fast, but will add less point to the talent, the Lv.10 fishing it's the last trophy I need for platinum, and I it's start to be really frustrating.....

1 hour ago, Rose_Dark said:

Not sure at all, but in every 4 fishes that i catch, i always broken a fishing rod! It's so annoying to hear gladiolus saying:  "change the fishing rod"
I'm always saying: " shut that mouth and let me fishing " :P:P

xD

Anyway, I'm starting to get better, finally, with the best equipment it's doable.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:06 AM, g-bake_1986 said:

Any tips for finding the Vesper Gar? Trying to get it for the side quest. I've tried both spots, both lures, several times of the day and it still doesn't appear. Tried catching it during Gladio's tour too and still not there.

Use the lure that you can buy from Vesperpool specifically for catching vesper gar (forgot the name). I caught it near the guy that gives you that quest.