Wrongly Been Flagged on The Last of Us!

Hi All,

I was quite alarmed to go on my PSN Profile to find the alarming message saying you have been flagged, only you and staff can see this and that i'm no longer on the list of achievers and leaderboards etc. 

Ironic part this, I've never used cheats or hacks in my entire life, all my trophies have been earned 100% legitimately.

Sad part is that I can't dispute it until the feature becomes available (if it becomes available) still waiting for a reply of Sly, I'm not sure what his response rate is like...

I mentioned this to a friend of mine yesterday and he said that I wasn't suppose to unlock the + difficulty trophies at the same time as regular difficulty trophies, however I told him I was just following what the guide told me to do... here's what I did

1) Beat the game on easy collecting all collectables

2) Started a new game plus and beat the hometown chapter on easy +

3) Saved, went back to the main menu and did the hometown chapter in chapter select but setting the difficulty to grounded +

4) Beat the game to the end, all difficulty trophies unlocked

And they all unlocked on the same day within a few seconds of each other, so I did do it legitimately but can't understand why I would get flagged anyway :/

6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You didn't get flagged because of the stacking difficulty trophies, you have been flagged because you are a cheater and you earned the 'get all collectibles' trophy before getting the trophies for getting all the individual sets trophies.

b4429c18a1073b7c7bd1541f5e9a4149.png

Now that you made public your profile as a cheater, you should expect more flags incoming in the next few days in case you hacked more stuff. Most of the hackers don't stop at their first incident.

No this is not correct. I too earned the Scavenger trophy before I got every collectible.

This trophy is glitched and you can find it on several other forums (I don't know if we are allowed to link to other Trophy websites) that this has happened to many others as well.

5 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Actually, the "Found all Collectables" trophy is known to unlock early. You even unlocked it yourself before you had found all the artifacts.

Yup, but not before everything, you need all but 6 or so colletibles for that. It was his second trophy in the game.

EDIT: Just looked up and it's because the toolboxes count toward this when they should not, so if you get all 5 toolboxes, you need 5 less collectibles in total. Also pretty sure that conversations do not count toward this at all.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You didn't get flagged because of the stacking difficulty trophies, you have been flagged because you are a cheater and you earned the 'get all collectibles' trophy before getting the trophies for getting all the individual sets trophies.

The same thing happened to 3 people I know and myself. Had the trophies for all collectibles unlock early on PS3 and PS4.

Edited by soniq
Clarification

6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yup, but not before everything, you need all but 6 or so colletibles for that. It was his second trophy in the game.

Still possible because if you don't "Craft every item", "Survive all of Ellie's jokes" or "Engage in all optional conversations" and haven't unlocked those respective 3 trophies, then it will be the 2nd trophy you unlock if you have collected pretty much all collectables along the way.

Edited by Stevieboy

6 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Still possible because if you don't "Craft every item", "Survive all of Ellie's jokes" or "Engage in every optional conversation" and haven't unlocked those respective 3 trophies, then it will be the 2nd trophy you unlock if you have collected all but 6 collectables along the way.

If he purposefully have done that in order for a fastest achiever or whatever, he would have explained that in the opening post because when a trophy pops when it shouldn't, I know what causes it. Thing is his list is fishy as shit and he has absolutely no idea why he got flagged, but fair enough, I see your point.

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

If he purposefully have done that in order for a fastest achiever or whatever, he would have explained that in the opening post because when a trophy pops when it shouldn't, I know what causes it. Thing is his list is fishy as shit and he has absolutely no idea why he got flagged, but fair enough, I see your point.

I think that's what the problem is though. A lot of trophy hunters will have lists that look fishy for this game as there are a number of workarounds/glitches for the difficulty trophies to make them easier and reduce playthroughs, as well as the "Found all Collectables" trophy popping early. To the untrained eye it would look like it was cheated/hacked.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

I think that's what the problem is though. A lot of trophy hunters will have lists that look fishy for this game as there are a number of workarounds/glitches for the difficulty trophies to make them easier and reduce playthroughs, as well as the "Found all Collectables" trophy popping early. To the untrained eye it would look like it was cheated/hacked.

To do what you are saying, he must have missed exactly one or two of each colletibles in purpose to get all the collectibles but not the individual sets. Only set trophy he had before was for all manuals that there are only 12 of them. Last manual is in chapter 10 and there is a comic near that. Last comic is in post game which is okay because it works with the 10 minutes from the final trophy, but then he earns the shiv door trophy in a grounded+ playthrough (where you have barely any resources and the knife you get in the subway, you gotta use in the clicker to progress). I'll stand by my opinion that it looks hacked.

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

To do what you are saying, he must have missed exactly one or two of each colletibles in purpose to get all the collectibles but not the individual sets. Only set trophy he had before was for all manuals that there are only 12 of them. Last manual is in chapter 10 and there is a comic near that. Last comic is in post game which is okay because it works with the 10 minutes from the final trophy, but then he earns the shiv door trophy in a grounded+ playthrough (where you have barely any resources and the knife you get in the subway, you gotta use in the clicker to progress). I'll stand by my opinion that it looks hacked.

Don't the opened shiv doors carry over to other playthroughs though? So he could have missed one and opened it during Grounded and the trophy would have still popped. I'm not denying the list looks fishy, I'm just saying there are explanations as to how certain trophies unlocked when they did.

Don't the opened shiv doors carry over to other playthroughs though? So he could have missed one and opened it during Grounded and the trophy would have still popped. I'm not denying the list looks fishy, I'm just saying there are explanations as to how certain trophies unlocked when they did.

They do, he could have missed a single one and then opened that one on grounded, but half the doors are in fighting areas and you certainly do not want to clear those in Grounded+. He surely was using a guide the whole time when playing it, but managing to miss exactly one (or two) of every collectible and door? I don't know about that...

Just now, TheYuriG said:

They do, he could have missed a single one and then opened that one on grounded, but half the doors are in fighting areas and you certainly do not want to clear those in Grounded+. He surely was using a guide the whole time when playing it, but managing to miss exactly one (or two) of every collectible and door? I don't know about that...

Another thing I remembered was isn't the shiv door trophy a bit glitchy too? He could have quite possibly opened all the doors in his first playthrough and not have the trophy unlock, and just opened a random door in his Grounded mode playthrough and then unlock the trophy.

Another thing I remembered was isn't the shiv door trophy a bit glitchy too? He could have quite possibly opened all the doors in his first playthrough and not have the trophy unlock, and just opened a random door in his Grounded mode playthrough and then unlock the trophy.

It was a long time ago, but it was patched and the guy had the patch on since he played on Grounded+ his second playthrough. Thing is, he could have saved an easy door for Grounded+ but by doing that on purpose, not on accident. There is one when you get a plank to get Ellie accross the bus to the Capitol, pretty easy to open and no enemies around, you can easily have enough resources at that point (I had on my G+ run and I remember that door since it was the one I missed initially in my playthrough). What I meant is that this scenario (missing a perfect one of each) is extremely unlikely to happen you purposefully try to do it. I do have experience in this because I've been doing that for a few years, leaving a single easy colletible in an easy area in order to pop as many trophies close to the plat as possible, but it requires planning and study. The brazilian fastest achiever for TLOU left a lot of colletibles in areas you can speedrun through, purposefully made his clan never reach 40 members and waited at the last day of the journey, never built a smoke bomb, etc etc. I know how the planning works and I was intending to get TLOU PS4 plat in under 2 days using the same method, reason why I'm saying that the odds of this happening naturally are very VERY low.

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I almost had a heart attack when that popped early, thinking I'd get one of these flags one day. People said I'd be fine, though. But if you look at my list, Scavenger popped before almost all of them. I only had the artifacts' and shiv doors' trophies when it did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

It was a long time ago, but it was patched and the guy had the patch on since he played on Grounded+ his second playthrough. Thing is, he could have saved an easy door for Grounded+ but by doing that on purpose, not on accident. There is one when you get a plank to get Ellie accross the bus to the Capitol, pretty easy to open and no enemies around, you can easily have enough resources at that point (I had on my G+ run and I remember that door since it was the one I missed initially in my playthrough). What I meant is that this scenario (missing a perfect one of each) is extremely unlikely to happen you purposefully try to do it. I do have experience in this because I've been doing that for a few years, leaving a single easy colletible in an easy area in order to pop as many trophies close to the plat as possible, but it requires planning and study. The brazilian fastest achiever for TLOU left a lot of colletibles in areas you can speedrun through, purposefully made his clan never reach 40 members and waited at the last day of the journey, never built a smoke bomb, etc etc. I know how the planning works and I was intending to get TLOU PS4 plat in under 2 days using the same method, reason why I'm saying that the odds of this happening naturally are very VERY low.

I understand what you're saying and do agree with it too. The thing is though you can't accuse someone of cheating even when the odds are VERY low as it's still possible. Only when something is actually impossible can you then accuse someone of cheating.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I understand what you're saying and do agree with it too. The thing is though you can't accuse someone of cheating even when the odds are VERY low as it's still possible. Only when something is actually impossible can you then accuse someone of cheating.

Not what happened when I was flagged, but alright, delete my posts and let the staff decide what they are going to do.

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

You didn't get flagged because of the stacking difficulty trophies, you have been flagged because you earned the 'get all collectibles' trophy before getting the trophies for getting all the individual sets trophies.

b4429c18a1073b7c7bd1541f5e9a4149.png

Based on the report, he was actually flagged for the difficulties.  Exact quote from report:

Hi. this guy has cheated on LAST OF US. Hes gotten all non pluss trophies same time as all PLUSS trophies, which is not possible considering you cant get pluss trophies before you finnish NON pluss trophies, it is LOCKED, you need to unlock pluss difficulties by completing the game.

Is there an exploit in the game or something?  I haven't played TLoU since it came out pretty much.

1 minute ago, grimydawg said:

Based on the report, he was actually flagged for the difficulties.  Exact quote from report:

Hi. this guy has cheated on LAST OF US. Hes gotten all non pluss trophies same time as all PLUSS trophies, which is not possible considering you cant get pluss trophies before you finnish NON pluss trophies, it is LOCKED, you need to unlock pluss difficulties by completing the game.

Is there an exploit in the game or something?  I haven't played TLoU since it came out pretty much.

There's an exploit, you can play the game on easy and then glitch it and play survivor+ (or grounded+) and it'll pop everything else along with the survivor+ trophy

Just now, grimydawg said:

Kind of, the game unlocks the NG trophies in no matter what NG+ you do them. You can do Easy, Easy+ and then Grounded++ and get all trophies like that, which is how I tell all my friends to do it,

2 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

From the Grounded mode DLC guide on .org:

Step 1 - Complete the story on any difficulty
Note: The difficulty trophies stack, so if you have never completed the story mode before, you can get all the difficulty related trophies in just two playthroughs (8 trophies for the base game and 2 for this DLC, making a total of 10 trophies).

• If you already have a save file which has completed New Game Plus, you can skip this step by loading that save file in the main menu and move on to Step 2B.
  • If you only have a completed normal/"non-plus" save file, you can skip this step by loading that save file in the main menu and move on to Step 2A.
  • If you have neither, then you will have to do a normal/"non-plus" new game first (on any difficulty) and afterwards you can move on to Step 2A.

Step 2A - Complete Grounded+ chronologically
Once you have a completed normal/"non-plus" save game, replay the last chapter (Epilogue / Jackson) to ensure your inventory carries over. Then select New Game Plus and the Grounded difficulty. From here on, play as you normally would and finish the story. Once you reach the final chapter / epilogue, move to Step 3.

Step 2B - Complete Grounded+ in reverse
Important Reminder! You need to have a completed NG+ save file in order to beat Grounded+ in reverse!
Go to Chapter Select and pick the second-to-last chapter (The Firefly Lab: The Hospital), leave the final chapter (Jackson: Epilogue) for last. Always select Grounded difficulty and simply play the game as you normally would, but after you complete a chapter do the following:

• Go to Save Game and (after waiting until the Autosaving finishes) save. You can use the same save file throughout the entire playthrough, no need to create a new save file for every chapter.
  • Quit to Menu Menu and select the next (i.e. the previous) chapter.
  • Important! You can't select Grounded difficulty if you try to continue your game via "Continue New Game Plus", you will always have to use Chapter Select. Therefore I recommend you always complete the (sub)chapter before quitting/turning off your Playstation.

Playing in reverse means you will have a nice cache of Supplies and Upgrades, since the game saves your intermediate states between chapters and it will load the saved Supplies and Upgrades you acquired during your last playthrough.
Furthermore, (because you are playing in reverse) there is very little need to "be conservative" with supplies/ammo. You can use up (most of) your inventory during the course of the chapter, since this has no effect on your inventory in the next (i.e. previous) chapter you will be playing.
However, as per usual, do not use bombs/molotov's unnecessarily. You do not want to face a Bloater emptyhanded later on in the chapter, just because you (carelessy) took out JUST one enemy with a molotov.

If you want an EVEN EASIER playthrough, you can decide to do the subchapters in reverse AS WELL. So for example, when you select the Pittsburgh chapter: instead of choosing the first subchapter, select the last (i.e. 4th). Once you've finished that, select the 3rd, etc.

Once all of the subchapters in the Chapter Select menu (except the final chapter/epilogue) say "Completed on Grounded", you can move on to Step 3.

Step 3 - The Final Step (unlocking both trophies)
Whichever approach you followed, this will always be the final step.
Play/Replay the final chapter (Jackson: Epilogue) and the trophies should pop during or shortly after the credits. If your trophies did not pop, see Completed Grounded Mode Plus trophy_gold.png for more information.
In this step you will earn:

Completed Grounded Mode trophy_gold.png
Completed Grounded Mode Plus