Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

Update Time:yay:

I've platted and 100% Borderlands 2 (PS4)!:shakefist:

Mini Review:

I am so happy to have finally finished this and to have a shiny new platinum as well but at the same time, I could just play it all over again, I loved every second of this game. The gameplay is brilliant and is smooth and effortless which just makes it even better. The story is brilliant and is full of plenty of laughs and also sad parts as well. I love the idea of being a Vault Hunter and Handsome Jack a perfect villain for this game and it fits so well. Borderlands 2 is full of plot twists and epic moments and it never fails to either make you smile/laugh or feel sad at times. The trophies can be a bit of a bug bare though as you have to level up one character to at least level 25 and another to level 31 but it just adds to the fun of it as you get to experience the game with different characters and abilities. The trophies on a whole get you to explore and do things that you may not have done if you were just playing quickly. I'm gutted that I didn't play this sooner and I won't be making the same mistake if and when Borderlands 3 comes out!:yay:

I've also been busy 100%ing Minecraft again which I have now completed!:shakefist:

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 56 (+1)

100% Completed - Same

Completion Rate - 74.49%

I'm looking forward to next months theme and I've already got a few games in mind for it:ninja:

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

I did some more for The Witcher III though I didn't obtain any trophies so my stats did not increase.

Still thinking about just plowing through Everybody's Gone To The Rapture for two of the challenges, though it would also fit the art theme so I could still do this somewhere in March.

L4a541a.png

Since my last update, I went to Novigrad. Still there now, mostly done some main quests though I haven't played a lot more yet. Hope I can get a lot done today, Wednesday and Thursday because Friday is Zelda time! I will keep on playing Witcher III though, I'm really into it now and I feel like playing through it this time around, won't let myself get distracted any more (I chose short games for the KYC3 event so I could spend more time on Witcher 3 and Zelda).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey, no I haven't seen it yet but I'm planning on doing so:D I just love Robin haha:wub:

Robin is a lot of fun in this movie and gets some cool moments, though I myself love how much emphasis is being put on the "relationship" between Joker and Batman. Joker has always interested me as a villain since he seems to understand the cycle Bats and him are in, Joker is there to give Batman a purpose. Dark Knight and the Arkham games had Jokers that were very aware of this and the LEGO Joker is no different, even turning it up a notch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Robin is a lot of fun in this movie and gets some cool moments, though I myself love how much emphasis is being put on the "relationship" between Joker and Batman. Joker has always interested me as a villain since he seems to understand the cycle Bats and him are in, Joker is there to give Batman a purpose. Dark Knight and the Arkham games had Jokers that were very aware of this and the LEGO Joker is no different, even turning it up a notch.

Yeah, you can see why they've done that and I like the fact they have as I suppose you have no hero if you don't have a villain to fight, plus I love the "banter" between them as like you said, they seem to get each other and only have a purpose when the other is around. I love the new look of the LEGO Joker as well, he looks quite scary haha:ninja:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Update Time:yay:

I've platted and 100% Borderlands 2 (PS4)!:shakefist:

Mini Review:

I am so happy to have finally finished this and to have a shiny new platinum as well but at the same time, I could just play it all over again, I loved every second of this game. The gameplay is brilliant and is smooth and effortless which just makes it even better. The story is brilliant and is full of plenty of laughs and also sad parts as well. I love the idea of being a Vault Hunter and Handsome Jack a perfect villain for this game and it fits so well. Borderlands 2 is full of plot twists and epic moments and it never fails to either make you smile/laugh or feel sad at times. The trophies can be a bit of a bug bare though as you have to level up one character to at least level 25 and another to level 31 but it just adds to the fun of it as you get to experience the game with different characters and abilities. The trophies on a whole get you to explore and do things that you may not have done if you were just playing quickly. I'm gutted that I didn't play this sooner and I won't be making the same mistake if and when Borderlands 3 comes out!:yay:

I've also been busy 100%ing Minecraft again which I have now completed!:shakefist:

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 56 (+1)

100% Completed - Same

Completion Rate - 74.49%

I'm looking forward to next months theme and I've already got a few games in mind for it:ninja:

Congrats on your new platinum star, and quite the completion increase. ^_^

Borderlands 2 is a game I wanted to play ever since it came out. I think back then my PC couldn't handle it and the only consoles I had were Nintendo consoles, so I never got around to that. Now that I have a PS3, I might want to get it when it's on sale int he future. Anyways, I love the whole Borderlands formula.

I actually already started mine since I'll be spending most of my March with the KYC3 event.

Also, sorry it took me so long to reply but I really needed to write a way too long reply to a discussion that sparked up over in Billy's event. :D 

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I did some more for The Witcher III though I didn't obtain any trophies so my stats did not increase.

Still thinking about just plowing through Everybody's Gone To The Rapture for two of the challenges, though it would also fit the art theme so I could still do this somewhere in March.

Good luck on your Witcher 3 progress. :) 

I guess that's the ideal theme for most walking simulators, isn't it? :P 

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Alright, I didn't have the chance to plat Tomb Raider, unfortunately, but at least I got all the MP trophies out the way. Does that still count? :P

And I platted Final Fantasy XIII.

Nope, sadly not. You still have about 60 hours from this post, maybe you can manage to finish it by then.

Congrats on that. :) 

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That sounds like the Joker is quite the interesting character. I can't wait to try out Arkham Asylum for the KYC3 event. ^_^ 

15 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yeah, you can see why they've done that and I like the fact they have as I suppose you have no hero if you don't have a villain to fight, plus I love the "banter" between them as like you said, they seem to get each other and only have a purpose when the other is around. I love the new look of the LEGO Joker as well, he looks quite scary haha:ninja:

As far as I can remember, Batman is never the one to "get" it like Joker does. Batman always wants to put Joker in prison because Batman is the hero and does that kind of thing, but Joker is the one who really understands his own purpose on a meta level. It's been theorised that Joker understands now that he's just a fictional villain, which is why he can do the horrible things he does - he knows it isn't real. Yeah there is banter between the two, but the Joker is the one who takes it to "I'm just giving you a purpose" levels.

I didn't like the new LEGO Joker when I saw him at first, with the sharp teeth and all, but they really made it work.

Just now, xFalionx said:

Good luck on your Witcher 3 progress. :) 

Thanks!

Just now, xFalionx said:

I guess that's the ideal theme for most walking simulators, isn't it? :P 

Not all but many would count, I'd call them interactive fiction though as "walking simulator" seems like such a negative term. To anyone who hasn't played it yet, I'd advise playing The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter. It would certainly count as an artistic title, it's a good narrative and it's not that hard to beat.

Just now, xFalionx said:

That sounds like the Joker is quite the interesting character. I can't wait to try out Arkham Asylum for the KYC3 event. ^_^ 

Joker is honestly the best supervillain ever, and he's great in Arkham Asylum from the start. That game is amazing for all kinds of reasons but they really put Joker up there again as a force to be reckoned with.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

Oh darn! Well, I'm pretty burnt out. Don't think I could do it.

You don't have a PS4 yet it seems but you do have a Vita... Pick up The Day Of The Tentacle, play through it on your own today/tomorrow and replay it with a guide in an hour or two, three for the trophies. Or get Thomas Was Alone. Or get Another World. The first two are masterpieces, Another World is pretty decent.

• Like 1

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

As far as I can remember, Batman is never the one to "get" it like Joker does. Batman always wants to put Joker in prison because Batman is the hero and does that kind of thing, but Joker is the one who really understands his own purpose on a meta level. It's been theorised that Joker understands now that he's just a fictional villain, which is why he can do the horrible things he does - he knows it isn't real. Yeah there is banter between the two, but the Joker is the one who takes it to "I'm just giving you a purpose" levels.

I didn't like the new LEGO Joker when I saw him at first, with the sharp teeth and all, but they really made it work.

Thanks!

Not all but many would count, I'd call them interactive fiction though as "walking simulator" seems like such a negative term. To anyone who hasn't played it yet, I'd advise playing The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter. It would certainly count as an artistic title, it's a good narrative and it's not that hard to beat.

Joker is honestly the best supervillain ever, and he's great in Arkham Asylum from the start. That game is amazing for all kinds of reasons but they really put Joker up there again as a force to be reckoned with.

You don't have a PS4 yet it seems but you do have a Vita... Pick up The Day Of The Tentacle, play through it on your own today/tomorrow and replay it with a guide in an hour or two, three for the trophies. Or get Thomas Was Alone. Or get Another World. The first two are masterpieces, Another World is pretty decent.

Unfortunately, I don't have the games and don't want to spend money on games I never planned to play just for the event. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on your new platinum star, and quite the completion increase. ^_^

Borderlands 2 is a game I wanted to play ever since it came out. I think back then my PC couldn't handle it and the only consoles I had were Nintendo consoles, so I never got around to that. Now that I have a PS3, I might want to get it when it's on sale int he future. Anyways, I love the whole Borderlands formula.

I actually already started mine since I'll be spending most of my March with the KYC3 event.

Also, sorry it took me so long to reply but I really needed to write a way too long reply to a discussion that sparked up over in Billy's event. :D 

Thank you! And I know I was quite surprised at the increase to but I think Minecraft helped a lot haha:P You should totally get it as I was surprised at how much fun I had with it as well as how much I liked it. I normally steer clear of FPS plus some gameplay I watched of it didn't really do it justice. I suppose that's taught me a lesson haha:facepalm:

I think I'll do No Mans Sky and play a bit of The Witcher 3 as I've only played a little bit:facepalm: I'm also thinking about maybe doing the Tomb Raider Trilogy or Hitman Trilogy if either of those would count. I would say Tomb Raider is quite artistic with the locations and characters but it's up to you.

No need to apologise it didn't take you long at all :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well I suppose that would make sense. I've always liked the fact that they give each other purpose as I always find that Batman appears to be quite lonely, and that without the Joker, he'd be even lonelier but I could be wrong.:S

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Never planned to play Day Of The Tentacle or Thomas Was Alone? My dear...

One of the disadvantages of having a big-ish backlog and not wanting lose control of buying all kinds of games I might not even play. I'm doing well though. Just want to concentrate on finishing games I already have. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well I suppose that would make sense. I've always liked the fact that they give each other purpose as I always find that Batman appears to be quite lonely, and that without the Joker, he'd be even lonelier but I could be wrong.:S

No you're not wrong, what I just meant is that Batman is in it because that's what he does, but the Joker is the one seeing it at meta level. Batman sees a criminal he needs to stop but the Joker is the one who actually gets that without crime, Batman would not have a purpose.

It's funny that you say Batman is lonely and would be lonelier without Joker, Batman being lonely is of course often touched on in many different iterations but it's pretty much pushed to the front in the LEGO movie.

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

One of the disadvantages of having a big-ish backlog and not wanting lose control of buying all kinds of games I might not even play. I'm doing well though. Just want to concentrate on finishing games I already have. 

Same here. Most of my PlayStation backlog these days is things I'm interested in from PS+, and I planned it that way. Want to keep my backlog down, and it's working. Playing almost everything I buy these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Oh darn! Well, I'm pretty burnt out. Don't think I could do it.

You could at least try to finish the story for a silver rank, that's still better than bronze. I don't know about the length of the game but Maybe you could do it in time.

Also, if you're into point and click games, the game that Billy suggested is a real gem. If you aren't into the genre, you would probably be disappointed though.

9 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I think I'll do No Mans Sky and play a bit of The Witcher 3 as I've only played a little bit:facepalm: I'm also thinking about maybe doing the Tomb Raider Trilogy or Hitman Trilogy if either of those would count. I would say Tomb Raider is quite artistic with the locations and characters but it's up to you.

I personally think No Mans Sky is a great choice, and if you don't listen to the angry mob following the game, or the developers which had bigger plans for the game, I think it's still a nice game. I still can't agree with the pricing though, an indie game should be priced as an indie game, no matter how big the hype and ambitions. It's not like they need to feed thousands of workers like big studios.

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Never planned to play Day Of The Tentacle or Thomas Was Alone? My dear...

I haven't played Thomas Was Alone either and I'm not gonna unless Sony decides to give that out in a future cycle of PS+ games. When I can get games that can keep me busy for months, I won't spend my money on a game that I can get through within a matter of hours. If I did that, I would run out of games to play eventually.

Also, god damn it, I woke up 3 hours ago and I'm already out of likes, and that's with my new 25 like cap... I think I'm in too many events again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

You could at least try to finish the story for a silver rank, that's still better than bronze. I don't know about the length of the game but Maybe you could do it in time.

Also, if you're into point and click games, the game that Billy suggested is a real gem. If you aren't into the genre, you would probably be disappointed though.

Actually, that sounds like a great idea. I know the story isn't long. Okay, I'll try to go for it!

10 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I haven't played Thomas Was Alone either and I'm not gonna unless Sony decides to give that out in a future cycle of PS+ games. When I can get games that can keep me busy for months, I won't spend my money on a game that I can get through within a matter of hours. If I did that, I would run out of games to play eventually.

I don't mind games that I can get through in a day. Paid for Thomas Was Alone, Day Of The Tentacle, The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, Another World, Bound, Metal Slug, flOw, Flower...

To me, it's the experience that counts. I'll gladly pay for a short game if it's a nice experience. Point in case, bought Four Sided Fantasy and Kung Fury: Street Rage this weekend in the sale.

Also, god damn it, I woke up 3 hours ago and I'm already out of likes, and that's with my new 25 like cap... I think I'm in too many events again.

Sounds familiar. At one point, I decided that I'd just like posts that I liked but did not want to reply on but I couldn't keep that up for long. I already have promised people likes from the day after a few times :)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

This won't happen. It was already part of the IGC back in April 2013, that's the way I got to try it out and I really enjoyed it. Even double-dipped and bought myself a fancy limited retail of it last year. ^_^

24 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

The limit doesn't work with hard times where it resets but over time so you can't give more than 25 likes in the last 24 hours period. If you give 24 likes at 8pm of one day you have to wait until 8pm of the next day until those likes are removed.

On a sidenote:
I think it's kinda funny that I always tend to give some smart ass-comments in events I'm not part of. xD

42 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Since I overlooked that last part in my earlier reply:

I've never played a game of both of these franchises, there's gonna be more info on the 1st of March, but as long as you can describe to me what's artistic about your game of choice, you will most likely be fine. It's mostly for me to judge games that I didn't play and/or see anything of yet, but since this is mostly subject to interpretation you will rarely see me object towards counting something that you can manage to describe as artistic.

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

To me, it's the experience that counts. I'll gladly pay for a short game if it's a nice experience. Point in case, bought Four Sided Fantasy and Kung Fury: Street Rage this weekend in the sale.

Sounds familiar. At one point, I decided that I'd just like posts that I liked but did not want to reply on but I couldn't keep that up for long. I already have promised people likes from the day after a few times :)

I've got the same mindset, but since I can't really afford that I have to prioritize long games over short experiences. It's one of the main reasons I loved SAO: HF so much, I was done with the story after 114 hours of gameplay, all of that was progressing the story, no side quests involved. That's probably the longest time I've ever spent on a game's story. I honestly think they should have charged more for that huge amount of content, and I'm like the poor version of Scrooge McDuck. After about 140 hours and getting the plat, I still didn't finish 100% of the content. 

Yeah, back when I could only like ten posts each day, I saw that message multiple times each day. :D 

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

This won't happen. It was already part of the IGC back in April 2013, that's the way I got to try it out and I really enjoyed it. Even double-dipped and bought myself a fancy limited retail of it last year. ^_^

The limit doesn't work with hard times where it resets but over time so you can't give more than 25 likes in the last 24 hours period. If you give 24 likes at 8pm of one day you have to wait until 8pm of the next day until those likes are removed.

On a sidenote:
I think it's kinda funny that I always tend to give some smart ass-comments in events I'm not part of. xD

That's good to know, then the price will have to drop enough in a sale to keep up with my hours of playtime/€ standards. :P 

Yeah, I knew that. I still spent more than half of my limit within these 3 hours. :) 

It's always useful to have some sort of mobile Wikipedia page going through threads and providing knowledge. :lol:

16 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

That's good to know, then the price will have to drop enough in a sale to keep up with my hours of playtime/€ standards. :P 

Seeing the recent sales-prices on PSPrices I would say it's unlikely that it will ever hit that price spot (if your ratio is <1 EUR per gaming hour) as most of the time it was 40% to 60% off at most. Maybe it will be part of a Humble Bundle again so you could grab it for rather cheap then. Only downside it would be on Steam then.

16 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

It's always useful to have some sort of mobile Wikipedia page going through threads and providing knowledge. :lol:

I guess that's a nicer description for smart-ass comments. xD

Edited by Crimson Idol

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Since I overlooked that last part in my earlier reply:

I've never played a game of both of these franchises, there's gonna be more info on the 1st of March, but as long as you can describe to me what's artistic about your game of choice, you will most likely be fine. It's mostly for me to judge games that I didn't play and/or see anything of yet, but since this is mostly subject to interpretation you will rarely see me object towards counting something that you can manage to describe as artistic.

For what it's worth, I can vouch for those two games as well. Playing through Witcher myself and it's really something else, so much work has gone into expanding the universe's backstory... It's not just an action RPG, it's a fantasy story to rival Lord Of The Rings and Game Of Thrones. Do not watch the next video if you plan on playing Witcher III soon, only watch it if you're interested in a strong piece of story exposition from the game.

Spoiler

As for No Man's Sky, the quality of the game can be questioned but it's certainly a showcase of programming art with billions of randomised planets. The music is amazing, and probably the most succesful piece of art in the game.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've got the same mindset, but since I can't really afford that I have to prioritize long games over short experiences. It's one of the main reasons I loved SAO: HF so much, I was done with the story after 114 hours of gameplay, all of that was progressing the story, no side quests involved. That's probably the longest time I've ever spent on a game's story. I honestly think they should have charged more for that huge amount of content, and I'm like the poor version of Scrooge McDuck. After about 140 hours and getting the plat, I still didn't finish 100% of the content.

I like games with much content but I often get distracted. I like having a game to play for one evening while knowing that I'll be finished in a few hours and can pick something else to play the next day.

Woe is me, playing on Witcher III and getting the biggest Zelda ever come Friday...

• Like 1

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

@BillyHorrible, hmmm tempting to click on the spoiler tag for The Witcher 3. I've read the books (except 1 or 2), so I think I should be fine. Also, very jealous that you're playing it.

Do it, by all means. It's the introduction to the Crones Of Crookback Bog. It's really not that spoileriffic, this happens fairly early in their storyline and you can get this quest after an hour or five of game time. I just wanted to give people some fair warning, for instance @RizzleAbbey12 who is starting on the game right now should definitely wait until they see it for themselves.

I've started on the game years ago. Couldn't get through it back then, was too distracted by other stuff. Determined to play through it now.

Why haven't you switched over to the current generation yet, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm jealous of you having read the books, by the way. I still need to find the funds to get them (I believe getting them all at once would be over €100) but even then I'm having trouble getting through books right now.

• Like 1