Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

35 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Sure, if a silver rank is enough for you, feel free to stay that way. :) There are quite a few people who did Gone to the Rapture in January, so that should be pretty doable.

Maybe you'll fall in love with The Witcher 3, like the friend I told you about in the financial backlog challenge thread, when you get further into the game.

Yeah, silver is enough for me. I want to get through stories, completions are not necessary for me.

I already played through Rapture without a guide, getting the platinum should be no work at all with a guide nearby.

I already fell in love with The Witcher 3, but it's hard for me to keep concentrated on such a big game for such a long time. I get distracted by other games or I get distracted in the game itself, removing myself farther and farther from the main story. I restarted on Skyrim at least three times and I never got through the damn thing. The Witcher 3 grabbed me from the intro but at some point I was in the middle of nowhere, near the edge of the map, trying to ride back to civilisation while I tried to do a few shorter games in between until I got so distracted that a few months went by without me playing it.

• Like 1

Updating my status so far:

75 Platinum Trophies obtained   + 2
42 100% games without platinum, no changes
62,61% of total completition percentage, now at 62,34%

i've started 4 games that i plan to platinum soon, so my overall completition is slightly off, but i platinumed Life is Strange on PS4 and, after a whooping 3 years and 10 months of hiatus, Bioshock for the PS3 ! European version, so no glitches allowed. So proud of it! B)

Also, voting for Epic Adventures for the next month theme! 

• Like 3

Update Time:

So I platinumed Dragon Age Inquisition the other day and I feel really chuffed that I've done it as I was dreading Nightmare mode.:shakefist:

Mini Review:

This is the first Dragon Age platinum in my list and I feel pretty sad to say that. That's because I should have discovered the Dragon Age games a hell of a lot sooner as I've loved playing every minute of it. The game feels like a beefy game in the sense that's there is so much to do and discover in the world of Thedas.:yay: I first played this in 2015 and I really shouldn't have left it so long before playing it again as as soon as I started playing it again, I remembered how much I enjoyed playing it. If you play it, you should totally have Sera and Blackwall in your party as there so funny together and you'll enjoy the little chats they have between themselves.:giggle:You, the Inquisitor, have to gather together allies in the hope of being able to seal the Breach in the sky and defeat a god. I can't wait for the DLC to go on sale as I'm going to buy them and then play this gem again.:shakefist:

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 55 (+1)

100% Completed Games - No Change

Completion Percentage - So I actually forgot to write down the percentage after I had finished this game, plus I've had some issues with hidden trophies. But last time I updated you, it was 72.55% so I think it went up to 72.80% or something like that so I'll let you decide what you put.

Also, I'd like to vote for next months theme. I'd like to vote for the Epic Adventure suggestion that BillyHorrible made. I like the idea of the theme as loads of epic adventure games are out and coming out soon so I think it would be fitting:yay:

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

A small update - when I signed up here, I'd considered on my "100% Completed Games" List only games that was ticked with complete-icon.png (I misunderstood this rule...). After being clarified about this counting, I want to revise my own stats (it's easy, since I always have counted all my non-platinum completed games, considering only "base trophy set"). I'm seizing this opportunity to actually update my status, after my "That Trivia Game" mistake... :facepalm:

My older stats:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 108

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: +3

Completion: +0.50%

My updated status ("100% completed" still is +3 because completion on Magic 2014 DLC trophies isn't considered anymore [I've completed base game in 2014...], but I've completed Project DIVA Future Tone [Western] base trophy set a day after I've signed up):

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 116

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: +3

Completion: +0.65%

• Like 1

Since we've gotten a few new suggestions as well as a bunch of new votes, here's another rundown of our current suggestions. :)

Your last chance to make a suggestion is gonna be 23:59 February 24th GMT+1, I'll be closing suggestions the second it hits 00:00 on the 25th.

I'll draw the winning suggestion within the next 24 hours.

Current suggestions

• Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country (2 users)
  • Games that allow you to use wheels and/or wheel like things
  • Artistic (2 users)
  • Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months (6 users)
  • Games with awesome soundtracks
  • Epic adventures (3 users)

Users who already suggested their theme/voted for someone elses theme:

• Falion
  • JoaoQuique
  • ladynadiad
  • Hemiak
  • Edunstar
  • Lucas
  • MortalRikku
  • Kent
  • Fitzquaid
  • ShogunCroCop
  • azlanslayer
  • Komrade_Konrad
  • BillyHorrible
  • NekoSama87
  • RizzleAbbey

Users who didn't suggest a theme yet (mentioned to make sure they see this):

(You don't have to suggest a theme, this is just to make sure that nobody gets left out or overlooked by accident. If you don't want to submit a suggestion and would like to be left out of future updates on this, make sure to mention that you don't want to suggest/vote and I'll leave your mention off the list next time.)

20 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Updating my status so far:

75 Platinum Trophies obtained   + 2
42 100% games without platinum, no changes
62,61% of total completition percentage, now at 62,34%

i've started 4 games that i plan to platinum soon, so my overall completition is slightly off, but i platinumed Life is Strange on PS4 and, after a whooping 3 years and 10 months of hiatus, Bioshock for the PS3 ! European version, so no glitches allowed. So proud of it! B)

Also, voting for Epic Adventures for the next month theme! 

Congrats on your new platinum rank and platinum star, I bet that completion will raise before you know it. ^_^ 

Your stats have been updated and your suggestion has been noted.

18 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Update Time:

So I platinumed Dragon Age Inquisition the other day and I feel really chuffed that I've done it as I was dreading Nightmare mode.:shakefist:

Mini Review:

This is the first Dragon Age platinum in my list and I feel pretty sad to say that. That's because I should have discovered the Dragon Age games a hell of a lot sooner as I've loved playing every minute of it. The game feels like a beefy game in the sense that's there is so much to do and discover in the world of Thedas.:yay: I first played this in 2015 and I really shouldn't have left it so long before playing it again as as soon as I started playing it again, I remembered how much I enjoyed playing it. If you play it, you should totally have Sera and Blackwall in your party as there so funny together and you'll enjoy the little chats they have between themselves.:giggle:You, the Inquisitor, have to gather together allies in the hope of being able to seal the Breach in the sky and defeat a god. I can't wait for the DLC to go on sale as I'm going to buy them and then play this gem again.:shakefist:

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 55 (+1)

100% Completed Games - No Change

Completion Percentage - So I actually forgot to write down the percentage after I had finished this game, plus I've had some issues with hidden trophies. But last time I updated you, it was 72.55% so I think it went up to 72.80% or something like that so I'll let you decide what you put.

Also, I'd like to vote for next months theme. I'd like to vote for the Epic Adventure suggestion that BillyHorrible made. I like the idea of the theme as loads of epic adventure games are out and coming out soon so I think it would be fitting:yay:

Congrats on your platinum rank in February. Your stats have been updated and your suggestion was noted. :) 

Just go by what your profile says for completion percentage. I don't know about you but it doesn't matter to me if the value was updated right after finishing a game or later on.

17 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

A small update - when I signed up here, I'd considered on my "100% Completed Games" List only games that was ticked with complete-icon.png (I misunderstood this rule...). After being clarified about this counting, I want to revise my own stats (it's easy, since I always have counted all my non-platinum completed games, considering only "base trophy set"). I'm seizing this opportunity to actually update my status, after my "That Trivia Game" mistake... :facepalm:

My older stats:

My updated status ("100% completed" still is +3 because completion on Magic 2014 DLC trophies isn't considered anymore [I've completed base game in 2014...], but I've completed Project DIVA Future Tone [Western] base trophy set a day after I've signed up):

Like I said many times before, about half of the participants got it wrong at first, so I allowed both versions as long as you don't switch between them all the time. I'm glad that I've managed to make it easier to understand now. :) 

Also, I've included your Day of the Tentacle Remastered plat since you posted about it in the Vita's 5th anniversary thread after you wrote this. Congrats on your platinum rank. :)

Anyways, your stats have been updated.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, xFalionx said:
  • Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country (2 users)
  • Artistic (2 users)
  • Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months (6 users)

Whuuut, I missed that people actually voted for my idea! Cool, this means that the chance I can use Zelda is 2/5 (or 8/15 if you count Zelda as being Artistic @xFalionx, I think I never got an answer to the question what counts as artistic...), those odds are looking better!

Here people, have a bunch of likes because whatever! B)

P.S. people don't forget Horizon Zero Dawn is coming out March 1, definitely fitting the epic adventures and non-English dev criteria!

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Whuuut, I missed that people actually voted for my idea! Cool, this means that the chance I can use Zelda is 2/5 (or 8/15 if you count Zelda as being Artistic @xFalionx, I think I never got an answer to the question what counts as artistic...), those odds are looking better!

Here people, have a bunch of likes because whatever! B)

P.S. people don't forget Horizon Zero Dawn is coming out March 1, definitely fitting the epic adventures and non-English dev criteria!

I didn't suggest that, so the exact scope of that suggestion would have to be discussed after it's drawn but @ladynadiad, who suggested this theme wrote this about it:

On 2/2/2017 at 3:53 AM, ladynadiad said:

My own suggestion would be artistic.  This could range from playing a game that is meant to be more artistic like Journey to playing a game with gorgeous hand-drawn graphics like Bastion.  Pretty much am thinking the sorts of games that get people thinking about how video games can be a form of art.  Games that also include the creation of art or a plotline or gameplay elements involving art in some manner would also work.

My personal border on that is set pretty low as I see many videogames as art. There's the ones that are undeniable like Journey but I'd personally also consider the 3D Zelda games from Wind Waker onwards as art, as well as games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3. If you're a bit more strict about it maybe only Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and maybe even Twilight Princess would count for artistic as they have really unique visuals. Overall a lot of this theme is gonna be up to interpretation of the individual player, so I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna end up that strict but I'll go over that again if this theme wins.

On 02/02/2017 at 3:53 AM, ladynadiad said:

I like your suggestion for a theme for next month of the games by studios based in non-English speaking countries.  That's a nice one for all us JRPG fans.

My own suggestion would be artistic.  This could range from playing a game that is meant to be more artistic like Journey to playing a game with gorgeous hand-drawn graphics like Bastion.  Pretty much am thinking the sorts of games that get people thinking about how video games can be a form of art.  Games that also include the creation of art or a plotline or gameplay elements involving art in some manner would also work.

1 minute ago, xFalionx said:

I didn't suggest that, so the exact scope of that suggestion would have to be discussed after it's drawn but @ladynadiad, who suggested this theme wrote this about it:

My personal border on that is set pretty low as I see many videogames as art. There's the ones that are undeniable like Journey but I'd personally also consider the 3D Zelda games from Wind Waker onwards as art, as well as games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3. If you're a bit more strict about it maybe only Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and maybe even Twilight Princess would count for artistic as they have really unique visuals. Overall a lot of this theme is gonna be up to interpretation of the individual player, so I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna end up that strict but I'll go over that again if this theme wins.

Well looking at it like that, the new Zelda has really unique visuals as well (like an evolution of the Wind Waker visuals). Gonna think about it and see what my line-up for KYC3 will be if that theme gets chosen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

My own border is pretty low as well.  In fact I'd say it can merge with the epic soundtrack suggestion because a good soundtrack is art to me as well.

I'd personally go with a definition of if the game itself seems artistic in some way through the visuals, story or soundtrack, then it counts, along with the stuff I already mentioned about the plot or gameplay involving art.   Zelda definitely would fit in my eyes.  Link Between Worlds is a good example of the plot or gameplay elements involving art in fact since there's that ability that turns Link into a painting.  Personally, I'm all for creativity with an artistic theme and I think a creative mind could justify a lot of games fitting this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on your platinum rank in February. Your stats have been updated and your suggestion was noted. :) 

Just go by what your profile says for completion percentage. I don't know about you but it doesn't matter to me if the value was updated right after finishing a game or later on.

Okay, thanks for updating my stats.:) I'll make sure I remember to post my stats straight away when I've platinumed Borderlands 2 (I'm planning on doing that next:D) Plus I'm having a bit of a tidy up of my profile anyway before I start The Sims 3, Tomb Raider Trilogy and Hitman Trilogy on the PS3 soon:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

My own border is pretty low as well.  In fact I'd say it can merge with the epic soundtrack suggestion because a good soundtrack is art to me as well.

Personally I'd say keep them separate, it allows for different interpretations of how to justify playing that one game you actually wanted to play ;)

Also, speaking of soundtracks that are art...

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd personally go with a definition of if the game itself seems artistic in some way through the visuals, story or soundtrack, then it counts, along with the stuff I already mentioned about the plot or gameplay involving art.   Zelda definitely would fit in my eyes.  Link Between Worlds is a good example of the plot or gameplay elements involving art in fact since there's that ability that turns Link into a painting.  Personally, I'm all for creativity with an artistic theme and I think a creative mind could justify a lot of games fitting this.

Sounds good. In the OP it just said "Artistic" so my mind immediately went to stuff like Journey, Hohokum, The Swapper, Unravel... But like both you and Falion said, many games can be art in one way or another.

• Like 1

Current suggestions

• Artistic (2 users)

Well, I would like to seventh Hemiaks choice, as I have games on my profile which are over 6 years old which I haven't completed.

Personal challenge for this year is to reduce that backlog to 3 years :P

In regards to the other choices, are you going to keep the non-winning ones and use them for the next Random month event?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, I would like to seventh Hemiaks choice, as I have games on my profile which are over 6 years old which I haven't completed.

In regards to the other choices, are you going to keep the non-winning ones and use them for the next Random month event?

I'll update the suggestions with your vote tomorrow as I'm gonna go to bed pretty soon.

Currently - nope; in the future - maybe. The next Random month will have a slightly different selection process but I'll get to that when it actually happens. After that I'm gonna have you people vote on which version you like better, so I can make the final decision concerning which version will be picked.

The current suggestions might influence some of my inspiration in terms of another years iteration of this event though. For example I might end up doing an art related month of some kind if this doesn't win during this year. ^_^ 

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Nooooooo, my Zelda odds :(

• Like 1

I didn't pick the 6-month choice, but I do have games that are older than 6 months. Depending on how things go I might finally try to defeat my white whale or maybe just finally complete SAO: Hollow Fragment, so I then can move onto Lost Song. 

In either case, I have many games to choose from. I can totally focus on FF13. Just need to do most of the missions, 5-star them, and go for the treasure trophy.

• Like 1

@Psy-Tychist I've updated the main post with your vote now.

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I didn't pick the 6-month choice, but I do have games that are older than 6 months. Depending on how things go I might finally try to defeat my white whale or maybe just finally complete SAO: Hollow Fragment, so I then can move onto Lost Song. 

In either case, I have many games to choose from. I can totally focus on FF13. Just need to do most of the missions, 5-star them, and go for the treasure trophy.

Hehe, in theory I could play any game besides Dragonball Xenoverse, Cathryne and my PS+ games because I've only bought 2 games within the last 6 months. :D 

Honestly, Hollow Fragment is pretty tame, the story (or stories in this case) took the majority of my playtime when I platted that game. Then there's between 30 and 60 hours of grinding and it was probably the most fun I had doing grinding trophies in any game I've played up to this date. The only thing that's truly horrible is the affection grind. Even though it only took me like 3 hours, it's incredibly monotonous and mind numbing. Simple enough that a robot could do it, but not simple enough to do it while concentrating on something else like a movie or whatever.

Sounds like you've gotten pretty far in FF13, good luck on the rest. :)

• Like 2

No real input on the next theme, since they all sound interesting. Games owned for 6+ months would basically cut out PS+, rentals, and like... five games. Eep, that's broad.

Sorry for disappearing, this year's had a bit of a rough start.

:platinum: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Wasn't getting into the story and wound up text-skipping my way through, which felt super cheap... until I had to spend 2-3 hours playing 2048 for the last few trophies. Kind of wish I hadn't taken so many breaks, 'cause I'd have the fastest time despite being awful at those puzzles.  :blink:

:gold: Journey (played because of the event)

Beat it before and wasn't planning on getting back to it any time soon, but it's always pleasant and peaceful to run through. Pretty areas, pretty music, no stress...

:silver: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Top-down puzzle platformer with a bit of combat. Played through in co-op and it was fairly fun, but the game seems a bit bland overall. Need to go back and clear up the challenges in the future to finish it up.

:silver: Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Warriors hack-and-slash game based on an anime/manga. Really enjoyed playing through in story mode aside from it forcing a couple specific characters in points. In what seems to be a completely backwards move from most of these games, bows are excellent weapons... at least when used by anyone other than Ms. Fanservice. Game was a rental and the last few trophies would have basically required replaying every level again at least once, so for lack of time and interest in grinding out S ranks, there it stays.

I'm sure the story's been trimmed down for the game, and the ending was a bit annoying, but hey. Same author as Full Metal Alchemist, had to be worth checking out. ^_^

Mid-month stat update:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +1

Completion: -0.03% from previous or +0.98% from start

• Like 3

So I hit video game/trophy burnout last week, and as a result, I have not been doing much. I got my first trophy in The Division in 12 days. It felt good to fire those marksman rifles again. So I anticipate being a bit behind where I would like to be at month's end. Hopefully, I can still finish The Division by March and transition to No Man's Sky for then.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SyIaris said:

No real input on the next theme, since they all sound interesting. Games owned for 6+ months would basically cut out PS+, rentals, and like... five games. Eep, that's broad.

Sorry for disappearing, this year's had a bit of a rough start.

:platinum: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

:gold: Journey (played because of the event)

:silver: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

:silver: Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Mid-month stat update:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +1

Completion: -0.03% from previous or +0.98% from start

Yeah, I'm glad it's not as bad as the end of last year for me. Hope things get better for you. :) 

Should I take that theme suggestion as I don't want to vote/suggest, I might vote/suggest later, or I'm voting for Hemiak's suggestion? ^_^ 

Anyways, congrats on your new platinum rank and golden star for February. I've also updated your stats, you've already gained more plats in these 2 months than I got last year. :P 

17 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So I hit video game/trophy burnout last week, and as a result, I have not been doing much. I got my first trophy in The Division in 12 days. It felt good to fire those marksman rifles again. So I anticipate being a bit behind where I would like to be at month's end. Hopefully, I can still finish The Division by March and transition to No Man's Sky for then.

Yeah, burnout happens from time to time. That's why my event is rather lax on the monthly requirements. :) 

Good luck with what you have left of The Division and No Man's Sky.

12 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

My vote will be on the backlogs as well but 3 months only instead of 6 months.

Suggestion taken, but we're starting to hit a point at which we maybe shouldn't decrease the requirements anymore, just saying. ^_^

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Noooooo, now there's TWO "have a game for X months" suggestions?

You lot just don't want me playing Zelda :(

I'd say your chances of playing Zelda are still higher than my chances of playing Xenoverse.

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Isn't Xenoverse an epic with awesome music as well?

I'd call it an epic adventure for sure, I'm not completely sure on the soundtrack though. I'd say it's probably gonna be awesome.

But while I may be able to find a wheel-like object within the game, I don't think it would count as artistic. It has the basic 3D anime-game look.

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I'd call it an epic adventure for sure, I'm not completely sure on the soundtrack though. I'd say it's probably gonna be awesome.

But while I may be able to find a wheel-like object within the game, I don't think it would count as artistic. It has the basic 3D anime-game look.

I haven't played Xenoverse but from what I'm told about the game, the setting sounds pretty artistic. Living on two frozen giants and whatnot...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I haven't played Xenoverse but from what I'm told about the game, the setting sounds pretty artistic. Living on two frozen giants and whatnot...

You might have a point there. I'm not sure if I'd describe it with artistic but the setting sue is creative, and the plot is unique. I guess you might be able to bend the definition of artistic enough to make that game fit the theme.