Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

6 minutes ago, DrumKing294 said:

Hi, I want to vote for " Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country".

Btw, I have completed the story of For Honor.

That's the last of our votes. There's about 2 and a half more hours before I draw next months theme, so there's plenty of time for anticipation. :D

Congrats on your silver rank in February. :) 

By the way @BillyHorrible, this is the Witcher 3-obsessed friend I was talking about. ^_^ 

Oh come on, no hype comments? I'm disappointed in you.

Anyways, I present you with next months theme:

Artistic

Spoiler

iFmAJY8.png

Since this theme is our first abstract theme, I will specify some further information about the requirements for games to be eligible at the start of March.

Until then, have fun finishing off your PS4 games. :) 

• Like 1

@BillyHorrible You got your wish :awesome:. Have fun with The Legend of Zelda. I'm debating whether to get the Switch or not but I'll probably wait until the holidays when more games have come out and I can play Super Mario Odyssey.

I'll post an update later tonight because I've got quite a few platinums since the last time I posted. I believe after I've updated I'll have completed all of the challenge ranks so I can focus on the artistic theme for next month. 

@xFalionx Would Batman: The Telltale Series count for the artistic theme? I think that the Telltale games have a really unique style and gave a new feel to Batman.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I'll post an update later tonight because I've got quite a few platinums since the last time I posted. I believe after I've updated I'll have completed all of the challenge ranks so I can focus on the artistic theme for next month. 

@xFalionx Would Batman: The Telltale Series count for the artistic theme? I think that the Telltale games have a really unique style and gave a new feel to Batman.

So you're planning to be the second to complete all challenges? Bring it on. :D 

That's actually one of the more difficult choices but in this case I'd say yes, it counts. 

As a general rule of thumb: If you can explain to me why it should be considered artistic, it's likely gonna count.

24 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Artistic

Hide contents

iFmAJY8.png

I'll just go ahead and take my free platinum rank for next month. I've got several psn titles that would fit, but the only Plat game I have that I would consider fitting is El Shaddai, and I have no interest in returning to that right now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I'll just go ahead and take my free platinum rank for next month. I've got several psn titles that would fit, but the only Plat game I have that I would consider fitting is El Shaddai, and I have no interest in returning to that right now. 

Well, it's not really a free plat rank but you can choose to plat any game, no matter if it fits the theme or not.

If you want to use your skip, I'll note that down. That's 1 more skip left for the rest of the year.

Update Time:

• Platinum for Color Guardians. This game was not at all what I expected and was a lot more enjoyable than I would have thought. It definitely challenged my reflexes, but wasn't much of a challenge because of my history with playing music. I know it isn't a music related gme but it helps to keep a rhythm when playing a game that involves dodging objects at a certain time.
  • Platinum for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which counts for the "game you would not have completed if not for this event" challenge rank. In my opinion it is a horrible game and might even beat Ether One for the worst game I've ever played. I'm not the biggest fan of walking simulators, as you can see, however what really did it for me was the trophies and a story that didn't make a lick of sense. The trophies are some of the most boring I've ever achieved due to the fact that you just walk around and get collectibles for 8-10 hours. It's a beautiful game no doubt, but if it wasn't for this event and some much needed points in the THL this game would have rotted in my backlog for eternity.
  • Platinum for Day of the Tentacle Remastered which counts for the retro game challenge rank and a star for the "complete a game that counts for another PSNP event" because I used it for the Vita's 5th birthday event. I'm surprised by how much I liked it and even convinced my one of my little brothers to get his first platinum trophy.
  • All of these games count for the "complete a game that counts for another PSNP event" because they were used in the THL.

These are my updated stats for the month. I also fixed the 100% games to the correct format rather than how many games I've completed.

Stats Before the Event:

Platinum Trophies: 18

100% Completed: 5

Completion: 34.78%

Stat Changes During the Event:

Platinum Trophies: 27

100% Completed: 5

Complettion: 36.80%

It's been a pretty successful month of gaming so far and I might even be able to sneak in the Far Cry Primal platinum before the month ends. This event has been great for getting me to play more games I would not have played and is a great motivator for getting at least one platinum trophy a month. I'm hoping to get my completion rate to at least 50% by the end of the year. I can't wait for the year ahead :D

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Oh come on, no hype comments? I'm disappointed in you.

Artistic

Reveal hidden contents

iFmAJY8.png

Since this theme is our first abstract theme, I will specify some further information about the requirements for games to be eligible at the start of March.

Until then, have fun finishing off your PS4 games. :) 

Got no time for hype comments, trying to get through Witcher III before Zelda! Just came here to see why I was @ed.

Also, yay! Zelda!

I've got a fair few games in my KYC list that could count as artistic but you betcha I want a Zelda icon on my list in your OP now! Will make one for you myself at the size of a trophy image later on.

My KYC list, at least Torquel and Õkami should count as artistic without question:

1. TorqueL
  2. Kitten Squad
  3. Retro/Grade
  4. Stories: Path Of Destinies
  5. Anna: Extended
  6. Ultratron
  7. Invisible, Inc.
  8. Leo's Fortune
  9. This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
  10. Õkami HD

30 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@BillyHorrible You got your wish :awesome:. Have fun with The Legend of Zelda. I'm debating whether to get the Switch or not but I'll probably wait until the holidays when more games have come out and I can play Super Mario Odyssey.

Super psyched!

I wasn't into the Switch when it was first revealed but I got psyched more and more along the way. It feels like such a blessing for the pre-Wii gamers... And I finally have my wish, I can keep playing on my handheld whatever I was playing on my television no matter where I go.

I have a PS4 and PS3 with big backlogs I want to get rid of, I'll manage until Odyssey. There's at least three launch games now which I absolutely want (Zelda, Fast RMX, Snipperclips) so I have no shortage soon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Super psyched!

I wasn't into the Switch when it was first revealed but I got psyched more and more along the way. It feels like such a blessing for the pre-Wii gamers... And I finally have my wish, I can keep playing on my handheld whatever I was playing on my television no matter where I go.

I have a PS4 and PS3 with big backlogs I want to get rid of, I'll manage until Odyssey. There's at least three launch games now which I absolutely want (Zelda, Fast RMX, Snipperclips) so I have no shortage soon.

I'm psyched as well! I've always been a Nintendo fan and it really upset me to see the Wii U do so poorly. Hopefully the Switch will be a return to form for Nintendo and we can get some awesome games down the line.

My PS4, PS3 and PS Vita backlogs are exactly the reason I'm holding off on buying the Switch for now. Besides Zelda and Snipperclips there isn't much that interests me on launch so I'm happy to wait until the holiday's and hopefully crush my Playstation backlog. Although with the amount of games coming out this year that's going to be really difficult.

• Like 2

@Kent10201 I'll update your ranks tomorrow as it's getting pretty late over in Germany. :) 

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've got a fair few games in my KYC list that could count as artistic but you betcha I want a Zelda icon on my list in your OP now! Will make one for you myself at the size of a trophy image later on.

My KYC list, at least Torquel and Õkami should count as artistic without question:

That sounds interesting. :D Go ahead and create your icon, as long as you get any rank in BotW, you'll be able to use it.

Okami is artistic for sure, I didn't even think about TorqueL but now that you mention it, that game is pretty artistic as well. 

I loved the concept of the switch as soon as I heard about it, it's a shame really that I can't afford it. Well, I'm happy as long as I can get enough games to play for the consoles I already have. I wasn't even able to get Pokémon Moon for my 3DS, which still bugs me. :(

4 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

@Kent10201 I'll update your ranks tomorrow as it's getting pretty late over in Germany. :) 

That sounds interesting. :D Go ahead and create your icon, as long as you get any rank in BotW, you'll be able to use it.

Okami is artistic for sure, I didn't even think about TorqueL but now that you mention it, that game is pretty artistic as well. 

I loved the concept of the switch as soon as I heard about it, it's a shame really that I can't afford it. Well, I'm happy as long as I can get enough games to play for the consoles I already have. I wasn't even able to get Pokémon Moon for my 3DS, which still bugs me. :(

It's getting pretty late here in Holland as well, just turned off Witcher, now watching some Community to unwind before I go to sleep.

I plan on finishing the story of Zelda by the end of the month.

I take it that challenges only work for trophy games? How'd we decide if my progress in Snipperclips would be good enough for the "different event" challenge?

Affording a Switch would have been difficult for me too if I hadn't decided to remove some games and consoles from my collection.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I take it that challenges only work for trophy games? How'd we decide if my progress in Snipperclips would be good enough for the "different event" challenge?

To complete challenges you need a gold rank. Those can be achieved with trophyless games, but you'll need to provide some proof that you 100%ed the game. For example a screenshot showing your 100% gamefile or something like that.

Hmm, Artistic.:hmm:  I'd been thinking of going back to plat Demon's Souls since it would've worked for most of the other challenges, but much as I love it, it's not what I'd choose for this particular theme. 

I'm planning to start Night in the Woods as part of KYC which has a great art style, but I'll look through my backlog as well for other ideas.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

It's been a pretty successful month of gaming so far and I might even be able to sneak in the Far Cry Primal platinum before the month ends. This event has been great for getting me to play more games I would not have played and is a great motivator for getting at least one platinum trophy a month. I'm hoping to get my completion rate to at least 50% by the end of the year. I can't wait for the year ahead :D

All done, congrats on your 3 new platinum stars, being the second person to beat all challenges, and earning 3 additional golden stars for the event challenge. I've updated your stats as well. :) 

It's great to hear that this event is actually doing the thing I designed it for. ^_^ I bet next year's event is gonna be even better after some large changes to some of the lacking parts of the current one were made. :lol:

1 hour ago, MortalRikku said:

Update:

Batman telltales - Platinum 

Ether one - have completed 3 chapters so far. 

Dark Souls 3 - making my way through the game. Probably should have left it for another month as struggling to get much game time in :( 

Sorry for lack of communication, this month has been a blur. Roll on March! @xFalionx

Congratulations on your platinum rank and your progress towards the other games. :) 

No worries, as long as you can manage to post one update per month, you should be fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Did all the LEGO SW TFA DLC. Not really much to say about it, more of the same. Just wanted to clarify where my bump in percentage came from.

New completion percentage: 50,88%

Your stats have been updated. :) 

Edited by xFalionx

Finished story mode of The Division. Not sure yet if I want to get the plat or not.

I'll update my stats on the last day of the month, since I might get more trophies with the collectibles in The Division.

I am not sure if any of these would be considered artistic, but here are my possible choices for March, based on theme:

No Man's Sky

Journey

The T.A.L.O.S. Principle

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I am not sure if any of these would be considered artistic, but here are my possible choices for March, based on theme:

No Man's Sky

Journey

The T.A.L.O.S. Principle

Journey is most definitely artistic, I don't know any other games besides anything made by Santa Monica Studios that is more artistic.

Some options which I would class as Artistic are below:

Apotheon, Beyond Eyes, Blues and Bullets, Braid, Child of Light, Contrast, Deathspank, Dishonored, Doki-Doki Universe, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Entwined, Fez, flOw, Flower, Guacamelee!, Hell Yeah!: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Limbo, Machinarium, Never Alone, Proteus, Puppeteer, rain, Teslagrad, The Unfinished Swan, Thomas Was Alone, Three Fourths Home, Transistor, Bastion, Valiant Hearts.

But what I call artistic is normally down to aesthetic, I regard anything that has a fun/funky/unusual design as being artistic. Something which provides an emotional connection is also what helps.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Journey is most definitely artistic, I don't know any other games besides anything made by Santa Monica Studios that is more artistic.

Some options which I would class as Artistic are below:

Apotheon, Beyond Eyes, Blues and Bullets, Braid, Child of Light, Contrast, Deathspank, Dishonored, Doki-Doki Universe, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Entwined, Fez, flOw, Flower, Guacamelee!, Hell Yeah!: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Limbo, Machinarium, Never Alone, Proteus, Puppeteer, rain, Teslagrad, The Unfinished Swan, Thomas Was Alone, Three Fourths Home, Transistor, Bastion, Valiant Hearts.

But what I call artistic is normally down to aesthetic, I regard anything that has a fun/funky/unusual design as being artistic. Something which provides an emotional connection is also what helps.

Maybe I'll try for the 4 games in one month challenge then. I can probably get Journey done for the theme, and then smaller games done for the challenge. I'll push No Man's Sky to April.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Finished story mode of The Division. Not sure yet if I want to get the plat or not.

No Man's Sky

Journey

The T.A.L.O.S. Principle

Congrats on your new silver rank. :) 

Even though I've only played Journey, from what images I've seen of the other games, I'm pretty sure that No Man's Sky and The T.A.L.O.S. Principle would count as artistic as well.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Only one trophy left in Destiny for the Plat. The grind is real, but at least you're playing PvP, strikes, or story missions. It's not like I'm out killing sheep for 1xp at a time. X(

I went ahead and gave you your platinum star since you said that you probably wouldn't be able to finish the last trophy in time, congrats on that.

28 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Maybe I'll try for the 4 games in one month challenge then. I can probably get Journey done for the theme, and then smaller games done for the challenge. I'll push No Man's Sky to April.

To finish the challenges you need to play games that fit the monthly theme, so if you planned on playing 3 games that don't fit along with 1 fitting game, you won't be able to finish the 4 games challenge like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blxckenigma said:

Would Sly 1 considered as artistic? I don't really have a lot of retro games :( 

Since it had a pretty unique artstyle, I'd say it would count as artistic. I'm personally gonna use Ratchet & Clank for next month, mainly because it has a secret museum which showcases features that were planned and didn't make it into the game. I could also argue that the setting is artistic as there's many different planets, one of which destroyed by the civilization that used to live on it. 

Wasn't at least part of Sly 1's story about theft from a museum? I didn't play the game, so I'm not sure on that, but that might also be an argument towards fitting the theme.

As long as you can explain why your game is artistic it's fairly certain that it will count towards the theme.

Edited by xFalionx