How are "let's plays/we plays/whatever u wanna call it......." different from boost sessions?

I don't see it as an option in the Game Sessions menu. A "Let's Play" on Youtube usually shows just normal gameplay of someone playing the game, often times for the first time. Boost session is almost always not recorded and uploaded to a video streaming network, and is focused on online gameplay for getting trophies easier.

You might be talking about the "We Plays", which are events meant to organize people into playing the same game at the same time, but mostly offline games. @Superbuu3 has his main thread which talks about this in more depth which is fixed at the subforum, if you wanna look in more detail. Here is the link 

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't see it as an option in the Game Sessions menu. A "Let's Play" on Youtube usually shows just normal gameplay of someone playing the game, often times for the first time. Boost session is almost always not recorded and uploaded to a video streaming network, and is focused on online gameplay for getting trophies easier.

Did you notice your bigger card is glitched? It's showing trine's plat as Minecraft game icon and metro's plat as trine's game icon. Hmmmmmm

Edited by TheYuriG
link

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

Did you notice your bigger card is glitched? It's showing trine's plat as Minecraft game icon and metro's plat as trine's game icon. Hmmmmmm

I don't quite understand what you're referring to. I know which trophy card you mean (left one), but since your comment I got the My Name Is Mayo plat (all the lols) and I can't exactly reference what you're saying to what the image is displaying. I'm assuming you mean when it changes to the recent trophy stuff, rather than the % and Statistics right?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't quite understand what you're referring to. I know which trophy card you mean (left one), but since your comment I got the My Name Is Mayo plat (all the lols) and I can't exactly reference what you're saying to what the image is displaying. I'm assuming you mean when it changes to the recent trophy stuff, rather than the % and Statistics right?

d0e1c01c9d295a55dd71594dd64a1151.png

Look where it should be minecraft icon (to the left of its trophies), it's showing trine plat there. Same for mayo, but its own platinum instead

53 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Look where it should be minecraft icon (to the left of its trophies), it's showing trine plat there. Same for mayo, but its own platinum instead

Like Yuri said that card setup shows the trophies of the last two games you played but for the game-banners it shows the games where you earned your last two plats. A better example can be seen in this post:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Okay I thought it was obvious but no, it's this very forum section, there's multiple threads for different games that they are playing.

67156b5a84f44552a5cf32c84c0f24b2.png

18c377823a944a0ebe45c7038209038e.png

What is the purpose of these instead of creating a gaming session for them? 

Edited by DARKB1KE

8 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Okay I thought it was obvious but no, it's this very forum section, there's multiple threads for different games that they are playing.

Their purpose is to give us a reason to play/finish/complete the game, to talk about the games, to help each other out if needed and to have fun. It's not exactly about beating a game in multiplayer. You can beat the games however you want. Many games with Let's Finishs don't have a multiplayer. If you want to look at it as a competition, it's to complete it before others do, but that's not what it is for most participants.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Normally gaming sessions are focused on earning specific trophies (there also some "Just for fun"-sessions but those seem to be the minority). A Let's Finish or the We Play-threads by Superbuu may have the goal to achieve the trophies but the more important part is that people write about their opinions and experiences and that all are having a fun time and some common topic they can all talk about while they experience all the same game(s).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

You said "let's play" and those are "let's finish". Bio said that what a let's play is. Some random person playing something for the first time and leaving their impressions. A let's finish only means beating the game last time I've checked, getting plat is optional. IIRC, @soultaker655 series are meant to finish a certain game/series before the next game gets released IIRC.

47 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You said "let's play" and those are "let's finish". @soultaker655

Close enough.  I think you're all missing the point here, is why are these allowed when normally mods tell people to create a gaming session instead of posting on the forum.   Why are THESE allowed is what I was hinting at... I guess I expected people to read between the lines here so that's my bad at not communicating 100%. 

58 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Normally gaming sessions are focused on earning specific trophies (there also some "Just for fun"-sessions but those seem to be the minority). A Let's Finish or the We Play-threads by Superbuu may have the goal to achieve the trophies but the more important part is that people write about their opinions and experiences and that all are having a fun time and some common topic they can all talk about while they experience all the same game(s).

59 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Their purpose is to give us a reason to play/finish/complete the game, to talk about the games, to help each other out if needed and to have fun. It's not exactly about beating a game in multiplayer. You can beat the games however you want. Many games with Let's Finishs don't have a multiplayer. If you want to look at it as a competition, it's to complete it before others do, but that's not what it is for most participants.

Thank you!  This is what I was looking for. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

2 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Close enough.  I think you're all missing the point here, is why are these allowed when normally mods tell people to create a gaming session instead of posting on the forum.   Why are THESE allowed. 

These aren't boosting sessions, this has been said several times. It's a community event to finish the same game together. It's like if I messaged you saying "hey lets plat batman arkham asylum before 31 january" and you said "k", then we both played the game and finished it before jan 31. The difference here is that is not exclusive to only 1 or two people, but to the whole community, reason why it stays under "Community Event", because that's what it is. An event from the community. Does it make sense now?

• Like 1

Just now, TheYuriG said:

These aren't boosting sessions, this has been said several times. It's a community event to finish the same game together. It's like if I messaged you saying "hey lets plat batman arkham asylum before 31 january" and you said "k", then we both played the game and finished it before jan 31. The difference here is that is not exclusive to only 1 or two people, but to the whole community, reason why it stays under "Community Event", because that's what it is. An event from the community. Does it make sense now?

Yep, thank you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

How are "let's plays" different from boost sessions?

Boosting sessions are mostly used to find people to boost multiplayer trophies for one reason or another.

The let's finish/we play events are made to encourage people to play certain games based on reasons.

I tend to make lets' finish events for games the have a sequel on the way.

You would have to ask @Superbuu3 the reason he makes the We Play events.

As for why these event threads are aloud while Boosting threads are not. I don't know.

Maybe the admin of the site likes the idea of the events. 

Edited by soultaker655
Elaboration
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Like Yuri said that card setup shows the trophies of the last two games you played but for the game-banners it shows the games where you earned your last two plats. A better example can be seen in this post:

I see it now. That is weird. It appears to be even more messed up now after earning some DLC trophies from Minecraft Story Mode

On 01/01/2017 at 11:56 AM, DARKB1KE said:

How are "let's plays/we plays/whatever u wanna call it......." different from boost sessions?

I think everyone covered everything if you got any questions about my we plays feel free to ask though. I haven't been on the forums for a while, hence the late reply.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2017 at 8:03 PM, Arkthur said:

The reason why these threads are allowed is simple, there is no "Let's Finish" section in the site. I don't even know if that is something Sly might want to add to PSNP.

I've created a few "Let's Finish" threads on the forums, but my reasons are simple: It's to have a support community for people who love those games and want to earn the Platinum but are daunted by the amount of hard work to put into it. These are games that require skill which is why you won't see a Let's Finish thread on, say, Lara Croft GO(which has a walkthrough with all the solutions and even walks you through the puzzles a la Space Channel 5 without penalty and you still earn the trophies) or My Name Is Mayo(which is stupidly easy to platinum unless you have no fingers or means of touching a touch screen). The role of the threads are to encourage people to get those trophies. A boosting session is a different matter - you go with people into the game's multiplayer to work on multiplayer trophies, so not all games can be boosted.