Brutally Hard

I’m perfectly aware there are plenty of people out there better than me. I don’t let that dictate the games I play and want to play and finish. 

Does a guide make those games easy? Sure it does. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth going after if they’re enjoyable. 

Sorry but saying I hacked lists with PS4/Vita lists is just stupid. I don’t even know how to put that software on the Vita, and it’s pointless to do so in the first place. 

I mean, you got the Wingate Whacker trophy from Gunsmoke on your trophy cabinet. Props to you, because that was definitely a tough one to get. 

The Atari collections are nice, but the trophy designers definitely made the trophies a bit too hard in my opinion.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 21.4.2020 at 3:07 AM, AJ_Radio said:

-

I platinumed the game few hours ago and it's a 7 imo. Without save scam it would be definitely a 10/10 and impossible to the fullest (at least for me). If you platinumed the first one, this shouldn't be a problem. Like you read in this thread Missile Command takes a lot of patient. I used the same tactic for every 19 level and it worked.  Loaded my save 1000 times from the cloud but it worked and funny... the last trophy which I needed was the Stellar Track I didn't understood shit. But watching a walktrough again it made sense and if you believe it or not. At the end this is the only game which I have enjoyed the most hahaha.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I platinumed the game few hours ago and it's a 7 imo. Without save scam it would be definitely a 10/10 and impossible to the fullest (at least for me). If you platinumed the first one, this shouldn't be a problem. Like you read in this thread Missile Command takes a lot of patient. I used the same tactic for every 19 level and it worked.  Loaded my save 1000 times from the cloud but it worked and funny... the last trophy which I needed was the Stellar Track I didn't understood shit. But watching a walktrough again it made sense and if you believe it or not. At the end this is the only game which I have enjoyed the most hahaha.

I wrote this thread a long time ago, before I knew about save scumming. Now that I do, I completely agree. It's still a hard plat, but it's not the sheer madness that I thought it would be back then.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 7:55 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I wrote this thread a long time ago, before I knew about save scumming. Now that I do, I completely agree. It's still a hard plat, but it's not the sheer madness that I thought it would be back then.

I find it funny that this thread is now a long time ago, considering these Atari games are older than most of us on these forums, me being in my mid 30s now. Just gets me every time someone mentions it.

In retrospective, I consider all of the Atari platinums more of an annoyance than an actual challenge. Save scumming tends to trivialize a lot of old games from 30+ years ago but that's honestly the only real way to market these games of yesteryear to modern audiences. I played a lot of 2-D platformers and arcade like games growing up so I have a degree of skill and perseverance a lot of people don't have.

That one Missile Command trophy from what everyone has told me is definitely the hardest. It was annoying enough to beat level 81 in Tempest on the first level, but with save scumming it took around a hour to finish.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Missile Command's "Red Sunset" (reach level 19) should be a gold. I wish the devs had given mouse support to MC and Liberator (Vol 1).

That Asteroids Deluxe one for 50.000 on one ship is madness. I'd rather try to get 100.000 in a whole game.

Yeah. This post reminds me that I still need the Missile Command trophy. It's the last one I have across volumes 1 and 2.

• 1 year later...

Started to try my luck on Missile Command but not seeing a local scoreboard when I die on game mode 1. Is there a set game number you need to play on (seems like it goes from 1 to 34), to make this available? Also not able to select the "game" option for some reason, stays greyed out despite resources saying you can access it to switch new city unlocks to 8k score.

Appreciate the help!

Apparently there's two separate copies of the games, one on the cartridge and the other on a cabinet. 

Edited by VigilantCrow