Likable game?

starcrunch061

I saw this recently, and saw that Tri-Ace was involved in the development. The trailer suggested that the mechanics were rather like Valkyrie Profile (one of my two favorite games ever), with platforming action leading to turn-based battles, but the graphics were somewhat offensive to me. 

Long story longer, is it any good? Yeah, I know I can read reviews (and I have), but I was hoping for a more..."local" opinion.

• Like 1

I've only played a few hours of it (due to being a fan of Tri-Ace) and it's not bad.  It does play like Valkyrie Profile.  The story is all right and the voice acting is decent.  I bought it when it first came out, and it would be hard to recomend at $40, but Amazon has it for $20 and I say if you like Tri-Ace, it is a worthwhile pick-up

• Like 1

Short Answer: YES

As a fan of Valkyrie Profile as well, it gives me the VP feels in battles (that battle theme alone). The only complain (well, not really, just a tiny bit) I have is there is no Great Magic. Some people also didn't like the fact that the battles became to repetitive (I didn't mind it though) and the enemies looks the same(after few dungeons the enemies are pallet swaps) The story though is not that deep compared to VP games but still, very good for me.

What do you dislike with the graphics exactly? The anime-like characters? I find the game's graphics very good. It even looks very nice even on Vita.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, PS4 version is more playable.

Okay, good luck, hopefully you will enjoy it, this is a hit or miss game =D

Tri-Ace is that way, and to be fair, my initial impression of Resonance of Fate was a big fat "ugh", and I ended up loving that game, so it might take time.

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Tri-Ace is that way, and to be fair, my initial impression of Resonance of Fate was a big fat "ugh", and I ended up loving that game, so it might take time.

Well, End of Eternity is something else =D There's also that battle system that people either completely fell in love or end up hating =D

This has pretty normal battle system =D

• 3 months later...

Picked up this game for 11 bucks, I've been hooked ever since and have been eyeing this game for quite some time.

It has the Valkyrie Profile 2 feel but the grinding reminds me of star ocean, battle after battle shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928

greed mode makes combo battles which highers the rate of drops/exp thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292

tri-ace has done it again lol,

24 minutes ago, Galactic Balls said:

Picked up this game for 11 bucks, I've been hooked ever since and have been eyeing this game for quite some time.

It has the Valkyrie Profile 2 feel but the grinding reminds me of star ocean, battle after battle shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928

greed mode makes combo battles which highers the rate of drops/exp thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292

tri-ace has done it again lol,

I notice you've been playing this a lot (I see your trophies pop up in notifications). I'll have to try it again, because my first impression was YUCK.

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I notice you've been playing this a lot (I see your trophies pop up in notifications). I'll have to try it again, because my first impression was YUCK.

when the time is right give it another shot, I found being a bit under the influence and fantasy music works out pretty good.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 7:43 PM, Galactic Balls said:

when the time is right give it another shot, I found being a bit under the influence and fantasy music works out pretty good.

Well, any excuse to be under the influence is a deal-maker. I'll definitely try it again now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Played ut abit and was enjoying it.

Cant remember why i stoped

Maybe just not in the mood for a grind game ( early on seemed everything was lengthy thou idk if i made it to lv 10 and the class system seemed steep to learn new things)

But its been over 8 months

Just reinstalled guna give it a go tomarrow

19 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Played ut abit and was enjoying it.

Cant remember why i stoped

Maybe just not in the mood for a grind game ( early on seemed everything was lengthy thou idk if i made it to lv 10 and the class system seemed steep to learn new things)

But its been over 8 months

Just reinstalled guna give it a go tomarrow

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My reply is not really needed but yes I definitely enjoyed the game, sure it was repetitive and very little to do outside wandering the maps but I just loved the combat, the 4th wall breaking stuff later in game and the possible ending such as taking out your dear friends.

Also it’s rare to find an English speaking game fully voiced without just subtitles. I can still imagine the whirling sound of that spinning blade weapon that Ema uses. 

Also It was super hilarious switching weapon sets with characters and seeing them take the stance/face expressions of the character who naturally uses that particular weapon.

Enjoyable game for me but I haven’t played the other games so I’m just judging it for what it is.