Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

GRWildlands_Buy-edition_thumbnail_Mobile

Initial Released date: 7 March 2017

Genre: Tactical shooter

Publisher: Ubisoft

Designer: Dominic Butler

Developers: Ubisoft Paris | Ubisoft Reflections | Ubisoft Bucharest | Ubisoft Annecy | Ubisoft Milan | Ubisoft Montpellier

Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbone, MS Windows

Latest Gameplay: 14 Jan 2017

Personal Thoughts:

I've seen a lot in our community posting this game as one of their 'most anticipated game of 2017' and I couldn't blame them either.

That's why I've decided to post this thread (for discussion/insights/expectations) under Unreleased games for the PS4.

The visual representation is giving me that MSG:TPP atmosphere and animation. (perhaps one of the factors that made it easy for me to get hyped:D)

(It may sound bias since am a huge fan of the MGS franchise:D)

Am hoping that the controls though would be as smooth and responsive as the former ^ or at least as tight as Tomb Raider:DE

It's open world approach is highly appreciated, not to mention ways to tackle and accomplish missions. (as seen and being emphasized on this video)

Hopefully though, it doesn't fall into the trap of being linear as the game and story progresses. (Here's hoping it won't)

NOTICE: -technically, this would be my first Tom Clancy game since Splinter Cell 1&2 on the PC.

How about you guys.?

Please feel free to drop your thoughts below and let's have a healthy discussion while sharing ideas. B)

Spoiler

Disclaimer: My Apology if this has been posted already. (Did multiple searches but couldn't find any for two consecutive days)

-Razgriz

• Like 2

SOLO Gameplay: 20 Jan 2017

8 hours ago, TwitchReflex said:

looks like a game that could be a lot of fun with a friend or two, maybe not as mucho solo. going to pick this up anyway, looks like it would be a fun plat at the least.

^Here goes it's updated SOLO walkthrough by Ubisoft posted 4 days ago.

-am satisfied so far, at least on how things are going on the gameplay video.

-something am expecting for such open world Tom Clancy game. 

-looking forward to play Coop with you and @Mad-rise B)

On 1/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

I doubt I'll buy this game, but this seems like it has a lot of potential to go great. Hopefully It doesn't die out a few months later just like The Division

-here's hoping as well man!

-more importantly UbiSOFT won't screw us up with a downgraded visuals. :facepalm: *cough WatchDog:angry:

On 1/22/2017 at 3:48 AM, Mad-rise said:

So few stealth games (not just simple stealth mechanics that many games have) nowadays and this one seems to be fun, I'm totally gonna try this!

Playing games stealth/tactically on coop is great.

-cool! be seeing you at the lobby then! B)

On 1/21/2017 at 8:35 PM, Sora9427 said:

Meh to Slow for my tastes, i'm not a Fan of Stealth games and the onyl one maybe i'll try one day are Metal gear and Dishonored so i'll gladly pass here :P

:D

-that am sure of, you won't be disappointed with MGS. as for Dishonored I heard a lot of good feedback on it.

Cheers mate!

-Razgriz

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xf22Razgriz said:

:D

-that am sure of, you won't be disappointed with MGS. as for Dishonored I heard a lot of good feedback on it.

Cheers mate!

-Razgriz

Well thanks for Your opinion and support, more than being dissapointed is being able to play xD I Really suck in being stealthy :P

Anyway i hope you'll have fun with this game then :)

I HATE, i really HATE that Ubilol has to make everytime Closed Beta, why? For example i have few inetrests in This and For Honor but maybe i'll change my mind with a Beta but Nope, Can't try it since it's closed even in the last Beta, yeah great Job -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get into the closed beta this past weekend and I loved it! I'm usually not into stealth type games but this one is definitely a lot better with friends! The combat is very Division like but not the same. The drone is REALLY handy to have when  you want to look an area over before walking in. I love that it's open world, which is super nice. I did encounter a few bugs such as characters glitching out and occasional lag, but other than that, nothing major. I can't wait to get this in March along with Toukiden 2! I'm pretty excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the closed beta and really enjoyed it a lot.

I think that in the higher levels of difficulty a stealthy approach (at least early in the game) is needed, and i loved that.

Looking forward to this although this March I am going to buy Horizon and Mass Effect (maybe even NieR Automata) so I'm not sure If GR: Wildlands might have to wait a couple of months.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:42 AM, kittygirl2010 said:

I was lucky enough to get into the closed beta this past weekend and I loved it! I'm usually not into stealth type games but this one is definitely a lot better with friends! The combat is very Division like but not the same. The drone is REALLY handy to have when  you want to look an area over before walking in. I love that it's open world, which is super nice. I did encounter a few bugs such as characters glitching out and occasional lag, but other than that, nothing major. I can't wait to get this in March along with Toukiden 2! I'm pretty excited.

12 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Signed up for the open beta for Feb 23.  Haven't really played too many stealth type games but hoping this will be a nice change/add to my collection.  We'll see.

12 hours ago, Shurax_Urden said:

I played the closed beta and really enjoyed it a lot.

I think that in the higher levels of difficulty a stealthy approach (at least early in the game) is needed, and i loved that.

Looking forward to this although this March I am going to buy Horizon and Mass Effect (maybe even NieR Automata) so I'm not sure If GR: Wildlands might have to wait a couple of months.

11 hours ago, SolidJD said:

Get the open beta pre-downloaded for February 23rd 2017 :)

I am on the fence about this game as it looks fantastic but I prefer the Ghost Recon games of old. This beta is their chance to sway me into a launch day purchase. 

8 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Gonna put it in dowload later (because 23 GB it probably tooks me for real 2 Days to download it)

Not a huge fan of this kind of game since i suck with Stelath but it's open and free so let's see! :D

Glad to hear guys! :) :popcorn:

Hopefully we ALL enjoy this game (both stealth veterans and anew) ;)

I did lend a hand for my Beta access though. but nothing of regret, am glad he enjoyed the beta as much as I would.

(my rig wasn't home yet that's why)

Am looking forward to see you all at the lobby and gain MP trophies together while having a blast. B)

Cheers!

-Razgriz

On 1/24/2017 at 6:19 AM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Hopefully It doesn't die out a few months later just like The Division

Division hit the right chord, to be honest because it was fresh. Yes, it was doing bad in the initial few months, but post 1.4, the game has been quite lively and is actually fun to play if you have a group to play with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This has been the only game this year I have had pre-ordered and was excited for. The first couple of hours I was blown away by how it looked and the freedom you had taking on missions as you please when you want. 

And then the excitement decreased more and more and here is why:

The AI teammates don't do what they're told. When I used the "go there" option, the team goes there and immediately goes somewhere else. Even the "hold" option in the order wheel is just something they follow for the moment at most. That makes stealth in the game restricted to sniping from afar otherwise your teammates get you detected (especially with the Unidad forces). It is impossible to tell your teammates to stay at a location and chose to attack from another direction so you have an advantage in the fight. 

The other big annoyance are the vehicle controls. Watch Dogs had pretty awful car handling but this game really takes the cake. The swerving of the cars isn't helping in the numerous chase missions but the helicopter handling is the worst I have ever experienced. 

According to the official controls, you can use R2/L2 to make the chopper go up and down and the left analog stick to fly. The problem is that pressing forward also makes the chopper lose a lot of height and releasing the stick doesn't add height (even though you're just pressing the go up throttle for it). You have to tilt the stick back to gain height and then you're slowing down until you fly backwards since that direction of the stick makes you fly back. 

The other big problem when getting around the map are the rocks everywhere other than the official roads. The lack of a jump function has been written about another thread so I won't go into that here. Other than not being able to jump, these rocks make it impossible to drive cross country. Cars get stuck and bikes help you get through there better but you get thrown off a lot and you need to be revived nearly every time. 

Up til this point I thought the RC choppers in GTA Vice City were the worst but boy was I wrong. 

With all the freedom given in the game I'm baffled there aren't really any options to make decisions in the game. There are 2 different endings that don't differ that much  and I won't get into further to avoid spoilers. For the AC series Ubisoft argued the lack of decisions you're able to make is cause there are set historical events and now I don't know what their excuse is. 

All in all the gaming fun is set back  a lot by the above mentioned points in my opinion and I'm glad I didn't get other Ubisoft shooters like The Division.