Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

Just now, Rach said:

Will have to check back with the clock tower as I didn't know about that, thanks!

I'm up to 2 power stones now using the dumbo strategy on the Sniperwilds - it's still very much dependent on my position and the camera angles though.  Decided to take a break and farm some other items to ease the frustration.  

Ok, though keep in mind there's a boss at the Clock Tower if you've already defeated the fourth boss during the first visit to Hollow Bastion.

Yeah, those Heartless are annoying. I remember being so frustrated that I hid behind the wall near that house in District 3, locked on to the Sniperwilds, and used Stopga + Thundaga to pick them off one by one. The Black Ballad and that green-pink mushroom Heartless are also very annoying to farm synthesis materials from. Also be sure to fight lots of Defenders and Wizards outside the Colosseum, as you need to get their weapon for Goofy and Donald. The drop rates have been lowered from 2% to 0.2% in the Final Mix version, so most likely this will be a huge grind too. You can combine it with the invisible soldier heartless in Hollow Bastion. One can spawn where you fought the first boss and another one in the Great Hall area. This one can spawn at the start (where the 6 cells are) and the place where you fought the 4th boss, but as usual it's a random chance... oh and the Heartless is completely invisible, so you need to lock on and switch targets to find it or wait until you're suddenly hit. I swear SE must've been completely stoned when they designed the new Heartless <_< .

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, though keep in mind there's a boss at the Clock Tower if you've already defeated the fourth boss during the first visit to Hollow Bastion.

Yeah, those Heartless are annoying. I remember being so frustrated that I hid behind the wall near that house in District 3, locked on to the Sniperwilds, and used Stopga + Thundaga to pick them off one by one. The Black Ballad and that green-pink mushroom Heartless are also very annoying to farm synthesis materials from. Also be sure to fight lots of Defenders and Wizards outside the Colosseum, as you need to get their weapon for Goofy and Donald. The drop rates have been lowered from 2% to 0.2% in the Final Mix version, so most likely this will be a huge grind too. You can combine it with the invisible soldier heartless in Hollow Bastion. One can spawn where you fought the first boss and another one in the Great Hall area. This one can spawn at the start (where the 6 cells are) and the place where you fought the 4th boss, but as usual it's a random chance... oh and the Heartless is completely invisible, so you need to lock on and switch targets to find it or wait until you're suddenly hit. I swear SE must've been completely stoned when they designed the new Heartless <_< .

Thankfully I already have the weapons for Goofy and Donald from the Defenders and Wizards (I've actually got two of Donald's weapon, lol)  

I saw someone else on Youtube using the Thundaga method but they were stood on top of a building - I might actually give that a try if it worked well for you :) (except I don't have Stopga yet -_-)  

• Like 1

Just now, Rach said:

Thankfully I already have the weapons for Goofy and Donald from the Defenders and Wizards (I've actually got two of Donald's weapon, lol)  

I saw someone else on Youtube using the Thundaga method but they were stood on top of a building - I might actually give that a try if it worked well for you :) (except I don't have Stopga yet -_-)  

What!? :jaymon: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sokka what gif

Lucky you, I had to farm about 600 Defenders and around 900 Wizards before I got them.

It definitely worked, but I preferred to stay behind the wall after locking on. Sora moves when casting magic, so he can fall down when standing on the wall. Time to visit the Dementor/Phantom in Neverland and get a Stop upgrade :awesome: .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

No one started a guide for DDD yet.

Could you list some of the epic soundtracks?

My personal favorite are the ones from Country of the Musketeers, but that's just me. ^_^

EDIT: While it's not midnight in my area, I will not be playing 2.8 until I finish killing dang elephants so I can get the remaining trophies and Platinum in Adventures of Mana. I promised myself I'd get another platinum before I played 2.8. I won't be able to sync my trophies tomorrow as I'll be earning trophies on my PS4 at my parents' house so I won't have an Internet connection until Thursday evening when I get back to my place. But I need the money for games because I am almost out of money in my bank account due to a late rent check. :(

I will have Internet connection on my parent's computer (though Youtube video watching will be minimal due to their horrible Flash connection which makes Youtube videos render VERY BADLY - they still have Windows 7.0 because they refuse to update their computer as only my dad uses it for his volunteer services at his second church to print out stuff) so I can still get on the forum and chat with you guys. ;)

Edited by NebbyLunala

I checked and found out that I could connect a modem cable to my parent's router so I can synch my trophies. Not sure if I want to start playing though. Anyone started playing 2.8 yet? Don't worry about Dream Drop Distance spoilers, I've playing the entire story on the original game. 0.2 spoilers maybe.

Edited by NebbyLunala

1 minute ago, Rach said:

I'm jealous of you all playing DDD :P  I'm still working on Kingdom Hearts (plus I'm trying not to buy much this first half of the year)

Making great progress on Synthesis and decided to take on the Phantom earlier - I had worked him up in my mind to be harder than he actually was :D

I'm jealous of you getting to play such an amazing series for the first time (At least I think it's your first time) xD.

Congrats on beating the Phantom :yay:! Only three more secret bosses to go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I'm jealous of you getting to play such an amazing series for the first time (At least I think it's your first time) xD.

Congrats on beating the Phantom :yay:! Only three more secret bosses to go. 

Only two more secret bosses now, as I just beat the Ice Titan :D

Got my synthesis pretty much done today, all I have left are the 3 weapons.  Also managed to get the Power Stones I needed from the Sniperwilds...Stopga for the win!

• Like 1

I finally managed to beat all songs in ice cream beat on master mode with 'Fantastic' ratings :dance: . So that means no more worrying about the fifth song with Ven and Aqua. And I can go for 'Cool' ratings on song #1, 2, and 4. Still need to get 'Fantastic' on song #3 to get the Frozen Fortune command style <_< . Also defeated the secret bosses Vanitas Remnant, Armor of Eraqus, and No Heart. Mysterious Figure is the only one remaining. Besides that I also got every attack and magic command, shotlock, D-Link and entries for all arena missions, hit count, mini-games, and Unversed missions. Also got a message saying the Secret Episode has been unlocked, so defeated 9,999 Unversed too. Nearing the end with Terra's report, just need to create all ice creams (which means hunting Prize Pods), beat Mysterious Figure, and buy the missing items from the arena shop. Luckily, I found a much better way to get a lot more medals than what the guide mentions by using the Monstro match. It's also been added it to the guide in the meantime.

4 hours ago, Rach said:

Making great progress on Synthesis and decided to take on the Phantom earlier - I had worked him up in my mind to be harder than he actually was :D

42 minutes ago, Rach said:

Only two more secret bosses now, as I just beat the Ice Titan :D

Got my synthesis pretty much done today, all I have left are the 3 weapons.  Also managed to get the Power Stones I needed from the Sniperwilds...Stopga for the win!

Nice, congrats :yay: . Synthesis is really a chore to do in Final Mix. Good luck with the remaining secret bosses.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I finally managed to beat all songs in ice cream beat on master mode with 'Fantastic' ratings :dance: . So that means no more worrying about the fifth song with Ven and Aqua. And I can go for 'Cool' ratings on song #1, 2, and 4. Still need to get 'Fantastic' on song #3 to get the Frozen Fortune command style <_< . Also defeated the secret bosses Vanitas Remnant, Armor of Eraqus, and No Heart. Mysterious Figure is the only one remaining. Besides that I also got every attack and magic command, shotlock, D-Link and entries for all arena missions, hit count, mini-games, and Unversed missions. Also got a message saying the Secret Episode has been unlocked, so defeated 9,999 Unversed too. Nearing the end with Terra's report, just need to create all ice creams (which means hunting Prize Pods), beat Mysterious Figure, and buy the missing items from the arena shop. Luckily, I found a much better way to get a lot more medals than what the guide mentions by using the Monstro match. It's also been added it to the guide in the meantime.

Nice, congrats :yay: . Synthesis is really a chore to do in Final Mix. Good luck with the remaining secret bosses.

Faster than Monstro + Daisy Sorbet?

23 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

No idea, I created the Daisy Sorbet today and already got 9.999 medals and bought everything I needed from the shop. Can it be cleared under 50 seconds with the Daisy Sorbet?

Daisy Sorbet activates Rhythm Mixer.I don't know about the 50 seconds but i was killing Monstro in round 2.I was using Mega Flare to one-shot everything in the first round

I've just platinumed Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

(Everyone glares at me)

WHAT?! I'm sorry, I'll swear I'll get around to playing Dream Drop Distance. I just need to figure out how to farm the materials for the best *-rank Spirits. Sheesh. Also, wanted it to be my 10th platinum. :(

Edited by NebbyLunala

7 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Daisy Sorbet activates Rhythm Mixer.I don't know about the 50 seconds but i was killing Monstro in round 2.I was using Mega Flare to one-shot everything in the first round

I do the same the first round and throw 2 explosive barrels to him. This stuns Monstro, so I use 6 Mine Squares on him for massive damage. Around 4-5 Mine Squares the Rhythm Mixer activates and I deplete the remaining health bar to win. Fastest record was exactly 50 seconds.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I do the same the first round and throw 2 explosive barrels to him. This stuns Monstro, so I use 6 Mine Squares on him for massive damage. Around 4-5 Mine Squares the Rhythm Mixer activates and I deplete the remaining health bar to win. Fastest record was exactly 50 seconds.

I did the same but after the 2 barrels i ate DS and kill him in one RM.But i was playing on Beginner so your method might be faster.Anyways, the Monstro method is way faster than the other

9 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I've just platinumed Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

(Everyone glares at me)

WHAT?! I'm sorry, I'll swear I'll get around to playing Dream Drop Distance. I just need to figure out how to farm the materials for the best *-rank Spirits. Sheesh. Also, wanted it to be my 10th platinum. :(

MF will glare at you.Many times

EDIT. I really like the merge-thing in the new forum!

Edited by sephiroth4424

4 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I did the same but after the 2 barrels i ate DS and kill him in one RM.But i was playing on Beginner so your method might be faster.Anyways, the Monstro method is way faster than the other

EDIT. I really like the merge-thing in the new forum!

Ah ok, I'm playing on Standard.

Lol, the old forum had that too.

Finally beat the Mysterious Figure and completed Terra's report. Now to do this crap two more times -_- . I'm really disappointed in SE for the cheap boss fight and the forcing people to get 100% 3 times.

9 hours ago, Rach said:

All synthesis done B)

Next up...optional bosses, gummi ships and final mix/proud runs...edging closer to my first KH platinum :D

Nice, congrats :yay: .

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Finally beat the Mysterious Figure and completed Terra's report. Now to do this crap two more times -_- . I'm really disappointed in SE for the cheap boss fight and the forcing people to get 100% 3 times.

Congrats on finishing Terra's reports :yay:!I've heard that Terra is the least enjoyable to do them with so at least you got him out of the way.

9 hours ago, Rach said:

All synthesis done B)

Next up...optional bosses, gummi ships and final mix/proud runs...edging closer to my first KH platinum :D

Congrats on finishing all of the synthesis :yay:! Approximately how long did it take you to complete it because it's the only thing stopping me from getting the KH: Final Mix plat.

• Like 2