Heartless Hunters II: The Darkening (Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts)

Heartless Hunters Livestreaming  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do daily livestreams of my Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 playtimes?

• Sure, knock yourself out! I don't care how bad they are! :)
    • Okay, but only if they have commentary.
    • Don't kill yourself with daily livestreams! You should enjoy your life! I won't mind if the livestreams are sporadic.
    • Sure, but plz, no spoilers! I want to experience the story myself.
    • No, don't do it! Your voice sounds horrible! It's not worth the humilation! :(
    • Don't do it if you aren't gonna commit.
    • I don't give a care either way. Do what you want.

13 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

To get Ability Ace - you need Exp Zero - which is only available in Proud / Crit. :P

I do know that EXP Zero is exclusive to the hard difficulties. I just made the assumption that EXP Zero wasn't necessary for Ability Ace. I apologize for making such a rash assumption. This will definitely change the guide a bit.

If anyone who's platinumed DDD can confirm that they got Ability Ace on a second playthrough of NG+ on Proud, then it would really help us.

9 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I do know that EXP Zero is exclusive to the hard difficulties. I just made the assumption that EXP Zero wasn't necessary for Ability Ace. I apologize for making such a rash assumption. This will definitely change the guide a bit.

If anyone who's platinumed DDD can confirm that they got Ability Ace on a second playthrough of NG+ on Proud, then it would really help us.

No need to apologise, no damage is done! :P

@DrakeHellsing I think I saw you talk about the issue with using NG+ for EXP Zero? If it is, it would help. :P

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

No need to apologise, no damage is done! :P

@DrakeHellsing I think I saw you talk about the issue with using NG+ for EXP Zero? If it is, it would help. :P

Well what I read is that on Proud, to get the trophy, you still need every ability unlocked at once.  You know, support and spirit ability that is.  So on normal, you apparently can't unlock all abilities, go into Proud and get EXP Zero to have it unlocked.  Wont work that way.

But hey, I'll still use NG+ regardless, so I can keep my spirits anyway, so I need not create them all over again xD

Edited by DrakeHellsing

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well what I read is that on Proud, to get the trophy, you still need every ability unlocked at once.  You know, support and spirit ability that is.  So on normal, you apparently can't unlock all abilities, go into Proud and get EXP Zero to have it unlocked.  Wont work that way.

But hey, I'll still use NG+ regardless, so I can keep my spirits anyway, so I need not create them all over again xD

I apologize for not being clear enough - what I was asking about was that if you started a NG+ on Proud or Critical Mode(which keeps your Spirits) and unlocked all the Support and Spirit abilities again, would equipping all the abilities on the NG+ make the trophy pop? I never said that you didn't have to unlock any abilities. :)

Anyways, I did some work on the guide, although the information I got for 100% of everything came from a post on the 3DS version of DDD so if anyone who platinumed the game could send me a PM verifying what needs to be done for 100% of Items, Story, and Combat, I'd be grateful. That post said you had to create one of every Spirit in the game to get 100% in Story.

Anyways, for those of your working on Dream Drop Distance trophies, good luck to you!

17 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Anyways, I did some work on the guide, although the information I got for 100% of everything came from a post on the 3DS version of DDD so if anyone who platinumed the game could send me a PM verifying what needs to be done for 100% of Items, Story, and Combat, I'd be grateful. That post said you had to create one of every Spirit in the game to get 100% in Story.

Anyways, for those of your working on Dream Drop Distance trophies, good luck to you!

Where did you get the info from?

3 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I apologize for not being clear enough - what I was asking about was that if you started a NG+ on Proud or Critical Mode(which keeps your Spirits) and unlocked all the Support and Spirit abilities again, would equipping all the abilities on the NG+ make the trophy pop? I never said that you didn't have to unlock any abilities. :)

It was actually something I had read about, that's all.  I mean the stuff for NG+ I had read about was essentially that you keep your spirits in NG+ and items I think, not sure about said items, but the spirits I know about (though they go back to level 1).  I mean I have finished the story, but have yet to do a NG+ is all myself, still got other stuff I want to finish off :)

But hey, I shall get the platinum eventually, but it's being put aside for now... while I myself, play through and platinum Final Fantasy 15 :D

5 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

What you heard about needing all spirits created for 100% story is correct - I'll PM you when I'm on my PC 

For anyone struggler to get the Flick Rush Fever trophy, here is a guide from the Youtube Guru on everything Kingdom Hearts who hails from New Zealand. Yep, one of the smallest islands in the world holds the greatest newsman on our favorite series. ;)

How to get to Max Rank in Flick Rush from TheGamersJoint

(I'd put the video in but I don't know how to embed video in a post.)

I took a few days break from Kingdom Hearts, but went back to it today to try and finish it up before we move.  

Started and nearly finished the Gummi Ship missions today, I guess I had been procrastinating as I build them up in my mind to be harder.  This is all I have left as far as those missions are concerned (plus I managed to get all the other blueprints as I've gone along)

Atlantica - Mission 3

Neverland - Mission 2 and Mission 3

Hollow Bastion - Mission 2 and Mission 3

End of the Worls - All 3 missions

After those are done, there is just Proud mode left to do and the platinum is mine :D

3 minutes ago, Rach said:

I took a few days break from Kingdom Hearts, but went back to it today to try and finish it up before we move.  

Started and nearly finished the Gummi Ship missions today, I guess I had been procrastinating as I build them up in my mind to be harder.  This is all I have left as far as those missions are concerned (plus I managed to get all the other blueprints as I've gone along)

Atlantica - Mission 3

Neverland - Mission 2 and Mission 3

Hollow Bastion - Mission 2 and Mission 3

End of the Worls - All 3 missions

After those are done, there is just Proud mode left to do and the platinum is mine :D

That is great! Good luck on all that! ^_^

• Like 1

hey guys i have a tip for those going for ability ace on a second playtrough, before starting the game on proud, create at least 4 more ducky gooses (easy acess for treasure magnet and support boost), and 2 more chef kyroos (air combo plus). Ursa circus is also good for damage syphon. sell all your dream pieces (you wont need them) and buy some candy googles for some fast LP. for the link gates on a spirit linkboard you can let the gauge fill once and link with the spirit and immediately cancel it, it still counts as 1.

All the gummi ship missions complete and all blueprints obtained ^_^  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and only two missions gave me some frustrating moments and a few retries (Traverse Town Mission 3 and Atlantica Mission 3)

Going to make a start on my Proud mode run through tomorrow - does anyone have any hints or tips they can share?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rach said:

All the gummi ship missions complete and all blueprints obtained ^_^  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and only two missions gave me some frustrating moments and a few retries (Traverse Town Mission 3 and Atlantica Mission 3)

Going to make a start on my Proud mode run through tomorrow - does anyone have any hints or tips they can share?

Take the Shield - you'll get Leaf Bracer and Second Chance faster.

21 hours ago, Rach said:

Nice, congrats :yay: .

As for the tips:

• Donald and Goofy are even more useless, you'll pretty much doing things solo most of the time, so give yourself the best equipment.
  • Don't forget to synthesize stuff.
  • Find the 10 hidden letters in Traverse Town and post them in that red mailbox in district 1 to get some free goodies.
  • I recommend to grind to lvl 7 before facing the armor boss in Traverse Town to get scan.
  • After getting the gummi ship go to Olympus first to pick up Thunder, then follow the normal route (Wonderland, Olympus, Deep Jungle, etc.). Thunder is IMO the best way to deal with the Trickster boss in Wonderland.
  • Save before presenting evidence in Wonderland. If Goofy and Donald are chosen, reload. Otherwise you'll fight solo and have to free them by breaking their cages, which have no health bar.
  • There's a hidden power up or defense up (can't remember which one) in Hollow Bastion: when you need to assemble 4 pieces to fill the Heartless logo, go to the logo door. There will be 2 parts of the wall sticking out in this small room. Jump on the decoration to grab it, then pull yourself up to grab the upper part.
  • For Dragon Malificent you can jump on her back with high jump. I found it easy to do this near her hind legs. This makes it easy to avoid the barrage of stomps. Summon Tinkle Bell and let her heal you, attack, then climb back when you need to heal. When Donald and Goofy are revived, let them come to you to heal them, then lock on Malificent and press :triangle: twice to send both of them to attack.
  • During the 2nd boss fight against Riku when he does that move where he is rushes in straight lines and teleports at the end, glide over it in circles. At the end when he jumps down and lightning rains down everywhere, go stand in a corner on the battlefield and keep moving toward the corner. IIRC it's shaped like a hexagon or octagon and standing here means you won't take damage from the lightning. When he slashes and throws an energy disc simultaneously, guard to reflect the disc back and get an opening.
  • You can summon Tinkle Bell during the Chernabog fight, just land at the volcano where his legs are to summon her.
  • Same with the 4th fight against the final boss, land where the core was and summon her. You can also hide here from that huge orb that pulls you in. Technically landing anywhere will null the gravitational pull, even when standing under it (though I don't recommend this due to the huge explosion that follows :P )
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I recommend to grind to lvl 7 before facing the armor boss in Traverse Town to get scan.

Uh, for someone who is a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, how could you possibly forget the name of Guard Armor? :P

Save before presenting evidence in Wonderland. If Goofy and Donald are chosen, reload. Otherwise you'll fight solo and have to free them by breaking their cages, which have no health bar.

Actually, from watching many many KHFM speedruns(RPG Limit Break, a speedrunning group for solely RPGs, just finished a Kingdom Hearts Marathon which I recommend everyone here watches for tips ^_^), I learned that the first box of evidence that hits the ground after the boxes are shuffles is the one you want to pick, it always contains your evidence. Use a Pause buffer to see which one falls first.

For Dragon Malificent you can jump on her back with high jump. I found it easy to do this near her hind legs. This makes it easy to avoid the barrage of stomps. Summon Tinkle Bell and let her heal you, attack, then climb back when you need to heal. When Donald and Goofy are revived, let them come to you to heal them, then lock on Malificent and press :triangle: twice to send both of them to attack.

Also, if you have enougn magic, spam Stop(ra) - it paralyzes Dragon Mal for a short time and adds up all the damage you do to her while she's frozen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Also, if you have enougn magic, spam Stop(ra) - it paralyzes Dragon Mal for a short time and adds up all the damage you do to her while she's frozen.

That's what the stop magic always does, but it uses too much mp to be a reliable strategy for every fight. Besides, stop has a shorter duration on bosses.

Anyway I'm still waiting for an answer to my question:

On 3-2-2017 at 9:49 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Where did you get the info from?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's what the stop magic always does, but it uses too much mp to be a reliable strategy for every fight. Besides, stop has a shorter duration on bosses.

Anyway I'm still waiting for an answer to my question:

IIRC Nebby said he got it from a game FAQ website although I could be wrong. Either way, the guide is shaping up nicely and all of the information is intact. By the way @Mah2c joined us and has helped out immensely on the guide. 

7 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

IIRC Nebby said he got it from a game FAQ website although I could be wrong. Either way, the guide is shaping up nicely and all of the information is intact. By the way @Mah2c joined us and has helped out immensely on the guide. 

You guys do know that plagiarism isn't allowed, right?

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Yeah, of course. @NebbyLunala pulled the information (such as where specific items are) from the website and completely made it his own. No need to worry about plagiarism :D.

Uh not to be that guy, but that's what we call 'regurgitation' and also counts as a form of plagiarism. You need to write a guide without looking at other guides/FAQs/whatever and base it solely on your own experiences. Lists of locations or collectibles are ok if they're taken from a wikia page or something like IGN, but be sure to credit the site you got them from.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Uh not to be that guy, but that's what we call 'regurgitation' and also counts as a form of plagiarism. You need to write a guide without looking at other guides/FAQs/whatever and base it solely on your own experiences. Lists of locations or collectibles are ok if they're taken from a wikia page or something like IGN, but be sure to credit the site you got them from.

Oh, ok. I know Mah2c and I have based everything off of our personal experiences but I will definitely double check with @NebbyLunala to make sure everything is his own. By the the way don't worry about being "that guy". You're just doing your job and that's the reason why PSNP is so great :D.

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Oh, ok. I know Mah2c and I have based everything off of our personal experiences but I will definitely double check with @NebbyLunala to make sure everything is his own. By the the way don't worry about being "that guy". You're just doing your job and that's the reason why PSNP is so great :D.

Ok, that's good to know. Some people take it the wrong way when I try to help and go on a ranting spree when the guide is sent back for revisions. Good luck with the guide :D .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, that's good to know. Some people take it the wrong way when I try to help and go on a ranting spree when the guide is sent back for revisions. Good luck with the guide :D .

Who would be stupid enough to rant at a fire breathing dragon like yourself :awesome:.

Thanks! We should have it submitted for review within the next couple of days. 

Edited by Kent10201