"One Shot, One Kill" Mission on Veteran difficulty

21 minutes ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

I'm having a really hard time completing this mission on veteran towards the end where you have to hold off the enemy and survive until the helicopter comes. Any tips? I can't really find any places to take cover on this mission... gets really frustrating. 

There's a place where you can lay down throughout that section and you'll only have to throw back grenades every so often. 

Take a look at this video to see what I mean.

Edited by Smithy

29 minutes ago, Smithy said:

There's a place where you can lay down throughout that section and you'll only have to throw back grenades every so often. 

I found this place hard to survive there. When you go out of there you will be killed very fast. I completed this mission twice on veteran and I was covering after <I don't know a word for it this car-ish atraction from Disneyland> and I was killing enemies with Dragunov and MP5. I found it the easiest way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I found this place hard to survive there. When you go out of there you will be killed very fast. I completed this mission twice on veteran and I was covering after <I don't know a word for it this car-ish atraction from Disneyland> and I was killing enemies with Dragunov and MP5. I found it the easiest way.

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Thanks for the video mate. I was actually thinking about using that spot next time I play lol. I hope it works out 

I just hid around the back of the carousel thing to the right of the map (right from the back of the ferris wheel area where you dump MacMillan)

It's easy to just sit there and spam kills, line up the entry point with some C4 and you're good to go. Only one real way in, occasionally the idiots will figure out they can walk through the dodgem car / carousel / thing area to get to you, but not very often. I'd video it for you, but I don't have a YouTube channel so yeah, sorry for not making too much sense.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 27/01/2017 at 7:25 PM, N7_AXL said:

Dump Macmillanand go behind the dodge em car ride worked for me, easier to pick off anyone who gets close from there.

This is what i did on both ps3 and ps4 remastered. You can also lay C4 down around the corner of the ferris wheel, between there and the dodgem cars that can take care of many of the enemies who will pour in toward the part of the mission where the heli comes in and you have to get to Macmillan.... Hide behind the twin tree for cover, snipe away and then, just before you go grab MacMillan, detonate the C4.... From time to time hiding in the cabin seems to work, but it is a 75% chance of failure as you get shot up when you leave there. Work with both methods and see which one suits you best. so many times the enemies kept me under fire and the heli left without us, so many times i got shot up on the way to the heli.

But the toughest part of the mission was getting the one shot off, on target.... it doesn't take too long to reload the mission after failure, but i failed there more times than i did in the later part sigh.... And once the mission is done, you have Heat and War Room to look forward too :)  Ok, they're not as bad as Heart of the Reich in W@W - but they make this a tough game to best on veteran.

This is the method I just used. For starters I hid next to the Ferris wheel up on the platform and sniped incoming enemies, kept Macmillan in the field behind the Ferris wheel. Then once Macmillan says enemies helicopters. I hopped down and began laying claymores and c4 in the spots he recommends on this video. Once the chopper gets close, blow the c4 and start throwing all your grenades. Then keep throwing flash bangs towards the groups of enemies while running to MacMillan. I died the first couple times using this method then got it on the third try.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2017 at 4:22 PM, SnowxSakura said:

I would also recommend that you place a bunch of C4 near the spot you camp, so when you have to go pick macmillan back up, you can blow those up and run outside without getting shot by a guy right outside the camping spot

Never tried that idea, but I like it.

I hid in the field by the bumper car ride and used mostly the Dragunov, sometimes switching to MP5 (especially if a dog somehow makes it into the area). From there it's almost a straight shot to MacMillan when the chopper arrives. I'm not too sold on hiding in the ticket booth... if a grenade gets tossed in there, you are most likely SOL.

Now I'm at No Fighting In The War Room on Veteran. That one is a real test.

On 25/1/2017 at 6:35 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I just hid around the back of the carousel thing to the right of the map (right from the back of the ferris wheel area where you dump MacMillan)

It's easy to just sit there and spam kills, line up the entry point with some C4 and you're good to go. Only one real way in, occasionally the idiots will figure out they can walk through the dodgem car / carousel / thing area to get to you, but not very often. I'd video it for you, but I don't have a YouTube channel so yeah, sorry for not making too much sense.

I did the exact same thing. Place traps at their spawns before they start coming, camp in the right area of the carousel. The only thing that’s gotten me killed are dogs and my own claymores, so be careful with that. Enemies do not go there except dogs. Took me like 20 tries and only 5 times using this method. Its a very frustrating trophy, if you keep dying I advise taking a break to keep your sanity. When you carry the guy to the helicopter, you kind of get protected but not much, you can still die while carrying him so all you can do is hope you make it lol. I remember dying one step away from the helicopter so be careful.

On 22/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

I'm having a really hard time completing this mission on veteran towards the end where you have to hold off the enemy and survive until the helicopter comes. Any tips? I can't really find any places to take cover on this mission... gets really frustrating. 

Let us know when you got the trophy! :) Surely these responses help.