Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

You're trying to trigger my "I'm not a Millennial, stop lumping me in with them" complex, aren't you? :P

For the record I don't think it's fair to blame an entire generation for the actions of its "representatives", and the Millennial generation is WAY too wide to be accurate... but I do think there is some truth to the stereotypes and jokes. But I don't think it's accurate to call a 38-year-old like me AND my 26-year-old sister both Millennials. We have very little in common.

I'm in my early thirties and my brother is in his late twenties, and there's a huge difference between us.

I think that "millennial" should only apply to people with hypothetical access to smartphones before they were twenty. Sounds like a fair cut-off.

I was doing fine and enjoying the game until I hit level 16 and got stuck. I really didn't want to use a walkthrough so I stopped playing it. It's a shame, because I was enjoying it pretty well before I got stuck. This problem is fairly common for me with puzzle games, sadly. Sometimes I have trouble "thinking with portals."

Sure it's 16? Because I'm going to boot up the game and check what you're stuck on. The game is too good to leave on one stuck level.

I wish I could like Sonic, but I hate the gameplay. It's too fast-paced for me to enjoy it. I can't see where I'm going, and that isn't fun for me. It's one step removed from an endless runner for me, and I've already made it clear that I hate those. By all accounts, Sonic Mania is a love letter to the fans, but I'm not a fan. I figured it this game couldn't convert me (I've already tried out the original game a few times), nothing could.

Between this and my "need" for in-game maps in Metroidvania games, I probably come off as someone with oversensitive tastes. Maybe I am. At this point in my "gaming life" especially, I don't have much patience for things that annoy me. Maybe I would have tolerated or even enjoyed Sonic games as a kid. I only ever played one of the Game Gear versions back then, and the main appeal there was the portable nature of the Game Gear (a sign of things to come, with my love of the 3DS, Vita, and Switch!) and not the actual games. Anyway, I have no problem saying Sonic isn't for me, or the Souls games aren't for me, or any number of other "unpopular" gaming opinions. Life's too short to worry about forcing myself to like a game because it's "supposed to be" good.

Eh, as long as you tried... I occasionally try something, with mixed results. I enjoyed Axiom Verge and Celeste a lot, didn't really get Robonauts.

1 hour ago, soniq said:

Mario Tennis Aces reviews are online: https://opencritic.com/game/6010/mario-tennis-aces

Seems good so far. Looking forward to playing it on the weekend.

It's a Mario spin-off. I'd have been surprised if it had scored under 75 on Metacritic.

1 hour ago, soniq said:

Captain Toad just got a free demo released on the the Switch eShop:https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker-1348071.html

WAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Downloading right now, thanks for the heads-up!

Pre-order is up too. I was going to get the game anyway (was it @MosesRockefeller who recommended it?), but I guess I'll play the demo and decide after that.

3 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I'm in my early thirties and my brother is in his late twenties, and there's a huge difference between us.

I think that "millennial" should only apply to people with hypothetical access to smartphones before they were twenty. Sounds like a fair cut-off..

I like your policy here. Smartphones and social media are the two things that most define Millennials. Your method would also exclude people in parts of the world that did not have the same technology available as the rest of the world, which is also fair. Just going by a broad date range is too wide.

Sure it's 16? Because I'm going to boot up the game and check what you're stuck on. The game is too good to leave on one stuck level.

Yes, I fired it up to check.

WAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Downloading right now, thanks for the heads-up!

Pre-order is up too. I was going to get the game anyway (was it @MosesRockefeller who recommended it?), but I guess I'll play the demo and decide after that.

Yes, I recommended Captain Toad. In case you did not know, it is a full game that's an expansion of "side levels" from Super Mario 3D World, and it's great.

I was originally in the "played it on Wii U, not buying again on Switch" camp but I'll definitely check out the demo. My hope is that it includes one of the classic levels and one of the new ones. I also want to hear from anyone who buys the game, on how many bonus Super Mario Odyssey levels there are, to help me decide if it's worth getting the game again for those.

Just keep in mind, it's along the same lines as Mario and Kirby games. The levels are often "easy", but the collectibles (of which there are only 4 per level, so it's not insane) can be very tricky to get and they increase the replayability quite a bit. I would love a sequel or spiritual sequel someday.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

21 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yes, I fired it up to check.

Oh, that one's not too bad. I was thinking of 11, which had me stumped for a while because once Blue was on the red see through cube I kept going back left with Red to try to get over him.

Give 16 another shot... The thing to remember with this game is that there are big "what to do" hints in what is all moving when you activate a button.

Yes, I recommended Captain Toad. In case you did not know, it is a full game that's an expansion of "side levels" from Super Mario 3D World, and it's great.

I never played 3D World but I've been told where this is from.

I just 100%ed the demo (not counting speedrun times, which I did for the first level and then decided that I still don't appreciate speedruns). Okay, I'll buy it. It's only €40 after all, not €60, and I enjoyed the three levels in the demo.

By the way, I think this game is much better in handheld mode, what with the pushing blocks to activate them.

I was originally in the "played it on Wii U, not buying again on Switch" camp but I'll definitely check out the demo. My hope is that it includes one of the classic levels and one of the new ones. I also want to hear from anyone who buys the game, on how many bonus Super Mario Odyssey levels there are, to help me decide if it's worth getting the game again for those.

I never had the Wii U so I probably won't realise always which levels are new unless they're in a separate folder or something.

I didn't really recognise any specific Odyssey stuff in the levels so I think they're old.

Just keep in mind, it's along the same lines as Mario and Kirby games. The levels are often "easy", but the collectibles (of which there are only 4 per level, so it's not insane) can be very tricky to get and they increase the replayability quite a bit. I would love a sequel or spiritual sequel someday.

I've accepted by now that I can't expect Nintendo to challenge me for an entire game, only with bonus content. I'm looking towards different developers to challenge me, Nintendo games are for chilling at this point.

I tried the VOEZ demo today, and liked it. After playing Frederic for €1,20 I figured how well rhythm games could work on a Switch in handheld mode, and I wanted to try one with a bit more of a budget.

Really enjoyed it, so I bought it. Checked some stuff online about DEEMO from the same dev, and bought that too. Curiously, DEEMO has no demo.

Also pre-ordered Captain Toad.

25 minutes ago, soniq said:

I didn't even know that title - never had a Wii U. Doesn't surprise me though that Nintendo's biggest console flop since the Virtual Boy also has the most forgettable Mario games since Mario Is Missing and Hotel Mario.

16 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Oh, that one's not too bad. I was thinking of 11, which had me stumped for a while because once Blue was on the red see through cube I kept going back left with Red to try to get over him.

Give 16 another shot... The thing to remember with this game is that there are big "what to do" hints in what is all moving when you activate a button.

Thanks for the advice. I tried 16 again with a more open mind, and I managed to clear it after a few tries. Now I'm on level 21 without too much pain on those 5 levels.

16 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I never played 3D World but I've been told where this is from.

I just 100%ed the demo (not counting speedrun times, which I did for the first level and then decided that I still don't appreciate speedruns). Okay, I'll buy it. It's only €40 after all, not €60, and I enjoyed the three levels in the demo.

By the way, I think this game is much better in handheld mode, what with the pushing blocks to activate them.

That makes sense: it was designed to be played with the Wii U Gamepad, where you could touch blocks and blow into the microphone to make elevators move.

Hey switch crowd, Have you tried Fortnite yet on the Switch? I'm not a fan of the game myself but thought I'd try it on switch. It plays just as well as the other versions though It's obvious that Epic was never going to make it a technical marvel given that it's cross platform on everything. Finding a lobby is super easy so I expect allot of people are happy with it, Maybe we can do a team game some day? It's great to see this on the switch imo.

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey switch crowd, Have you tried Fortnite yet on the Switch? I'm not a fan of the game myself but thought I'd try it on switch. It plays just as well as the other versions though It's obvious that Epic was never going to make it a technical marvel given that it's cross platform on everything. Finding a lobby is super easy so I expect allot of people are happy with it, Maybe we can do a team game some day? It's great to see this on the switch imo.

I tried it, it's not really my jam.

If we can somehow get a private lobby just for the people in here, that would be cool though.

16 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

I tried it, it's not really my jam.

If we can somehow get a private lobby just for the people in here, that would be cool though.

Exactly my thoughts as well, as a group I think it would improve allot.

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I tried it on Xbox a while back, didn't care and deleted after a game or two.

I was eagerly awaiting giving it another shot on Switch, and have fucking adored it since. I've probably put in at least 10 hours since launch just playing before and in bed, and whenever I get 10 minutes or so to myself here and there. It's a bloody ripper of a portable game and I love the damn thing.

9 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer, and I refuse to play free-to-play games anymore. Also, battle royale gameplay does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Now that I've gotten it out of the way that I won't be touching this game with a 100-foot pole, I am glad it's on Switch. It's a popular gaming phenomenon (I don't understand why, but what do I know?), and it increases the profile of the Switch to have it.

I do find it interesting that Epic made the game though. I remember being a big Epic fan back in my PC gaming days. I would kill for a Unreal Tournament 2004 "Classic" remaster/spiritual successor on Switch, complete with bots or even better a full singleplayer mode.

On another note, I just finished level 30 in Death Squared. @Cthulhu, thanks for encouraging me to give it another try. Did you go through all the Party and Vault levels too? Did you play with the wife? I've still only tried it solo.

Also, has anybody seen this?

@Cthulhu, I know you have played some of the games that work in vertical mode on Switch. I think Donkey Kong does it but I haven't tried yet. This is a neat idea I think.

I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer, and I refuse to play free-to-play games anymore. Also, battle royale gameplay does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Now that I've gotten it out of the way that I won't be touching this game with a 100-foot pole, I am glad it's on Switch. It's a popular gaming phenomenon (I don't understand why, but what do I know?), and it increases the profile of the Switch to have it.

I do find it interesting that Epic made the game though. I remember being a big Epic fan back in my PC gaming days. I would kill for a Unreal Tournament 2004 "Classic" remaster/spiritual successor on Switch, complete with bots or even better a full singleplayer mode.

Wuh, Epic made Unreal Tournament? I played it a lot, mainly for the level editor :)

On another note, I just finished level 30 in Death Squared. @Cthulhu, thanks for encouraging me to give it another try. Did you go through all the Party and Vault levels too? Did you play with the wife? I've still only tried it solo.

After Shovel Knight, that's two games now which you enjoyed more once I encouraged you to go back. B)

I only went through the main game solo. My wife was too frustrated with the game to continue after even a couple of levels.

I did rebuy the game on PS4 recently because it was just €5 and I decided I'd help their next game's funding. Been playing through that one's party levels with my brother-in-law. They're pretty cool.

@Cthulhu, I know you have played some of the games that work in vertical mode on Switch. I think Donkey Kong does it but I haven't tried yet. This is a neat idea I think.

... Backed. :D

I'd actually buy more arcade games if I'd have this thing. Also, I guess I should buy that Namco Museum on the next sale, it was 50% off in December which makes for a decent price.

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

Wuh, Epic made Unreal Tournament? I played it a lot, mainly for the level editor :)

Indeed. They made Unreal, Unreal 2.0, Unreal Tournament, UT2003, UT2004, and I think UT3. There is a game currently in development but I haven't kept up with it. I already liked 2004 the best, but I didn't spend much time with UT3.

Also, I'm not sure which level editor you mean. the Unreal Editor that came out with the original Unreal and was updated at least through some of the UT games, was pretty difficult to use! I'm not sure if UT3 had a more user-friendly editor since it was more console-focused.

I didn't do any real modding, ChaosUT was my favorite mod. It was buggy but it made the game so cool with hoverboards, new weapons, grappling hooks, etc. It was basically trying to be Just Cause, which is awesome. I do remember that I made a vehicle that dropped mines that I called the Toilet Car or something. I think it was all scripting though, not level editing.

After Shovel Knight, that's two games now which you enjoyed more once I encouraged you to go back. B)

I only went through the main game solo. My wife was too frustrated with the game to continue after even a couple of levels.

I did rebuy the game on PS4 recently because it was just €5 and I decided I'd help their next game's funding. Been playing through that one's party levels with my brother-in-law. They're pretty cool.

Exactly. Credit where credit's due!

Also, this game has a lot of levels! 80 solo levels, 40 party levels, and even more vault levels. I'm interested to see what they do next. And I may be wrong, but it seems like the game loads faster now? It got a patch at some point but I can't remember when I stopped playing before. Anyway, the performance is pretty tight in handheld mode. I haven't tried TV mode yet.

... Backed. :D

I'd actually buy more arcade games if I'd have this thing. Also, I guess I should buy that Namco Museum on the next sale, it was 50% off in December which makes for a decent price.

I haven't tried the vertical mode yet. How do you tend to do it? Put the Switch unit down flat and hold the Joy-cons? Pro controller? Do you have a stand to hold the screen up at an angle? I have one but I haven't tried it in vertical orientation.

I've gone a little nuts with purchases lately. I grabbed Hollow Knight (which I think I mentioned), Ikaruga (another vertical arcade game), Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, Donkey Kong (I did mention this one), and on last week's sale, Fe and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus. I even got Apollo Justice Ace Attorney on 3DS in the sale. There are a few I'm tempted by for this weeks sale also, and I even preordered Shining Resonance Refrain retail (so I can get my JRPG fix on Switch). My June spending is crazy!

I tried the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker demo also. All 3 levels are from the Wii U version, but I don't think they were the first 3 levels from the game. Anyway, I don't know if it was because the game was fresh in my mind from recently completing it on Wii U, but I got all 4 collectibles in each level on the first try. It works well on Switch (at least in handheld mode), so I definitely recommend it. I will wait for a sale if I decide to buy it again. I read online that there are 4 Super Mario Odyssey bonus levels, so it's not tons of new content. It is also possible that the 4 existing bonus levels (which were Super Mario 3D World levels that were tweaked for Captain Toad gameplay) are missing, but it's just a rumor right now. However, the game already has a lot of levels and at $40 it's definitely worth it if you didn't play the Wii U version.

31 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Exactly. Credit where credit's due!

Also, this game has a lot of levels! 80 solo levels, 40 party levels, and even more vault levels. I'm interested to see what they do next. And I may be wrong, but it seems like the game loads faster now? It got a patch at some point but I can't remember when I stopped playing before. Anyway, the performance is pretty tight in handheld mode. I haven't tried TV mode yet.

I played the game last year on my summer holiday (connected to the camping's wifi just to download it (and Bulb Boy)) so I don't know about television mode.

I'm barely ever on television mode any more, come to think of it.

I haven't tried the vertical mode yet. How do you tend to do it? Put the Switch unit down flat and hold the Joy-cons? Pro controller? Do you have a stand to hold the screen up at an angle? I have one but I haven't tried it in vertical orientation.

I play vertically with The Pinball Arcade (which coincidentally wouldn't work with Flip Grip because it only turns the other vertical way). It has touch controls though.

Seriously by the way, give The Pinball Arcade a try, it has one free table :)

I've gone a little nuts with purchases lately. I grabbed Hollow Knight (which I think I mentioned), Ikaruga (another vertical arcade game), Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, Donkey Kong (I did mention this one), and on last week's sale, Fe and Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus. I even got Apollo Justice Ace Attorney on 3DS in the sale. There are a few I'm tempted by for this weeks sale also, and I even preordered Shining Resonance Refrain retail (so I can get my JRPG fix on Switch). My June spending is crazy!

Yeah my spending last month is insane too. Lots of Switch games, an N64, some geek shirts, an e-reader and a bunch of ebooks... Though the Switch games and e-reader are in preparation for my summer holiday. Well, part of it is. There's not enough time to read/play even half of what I bought.

Anyway, money's just money. As long as we can pay our bills and have a bit of emergency money, might as well enjoy life a bit, right?

I tried the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker demo also. All 3 levels are from the Wii U version, but I don't think they were the first 3 levels from the game. Anyway, I don't know if it was because the game was fresh in my mind from recently completing it on Wii U, but I got all 4 collectibles in each level on the first try. It works well on Switch (at least in handheld mode), so I definitely recommend it. I will wait for a sale if I decide to buy it again. I read online that there are 4 Super Mario Odyssey bonus levels, so it's not tons of new content. It is also possible that the 4 existing bonus levels (which were Super Mario 3D World levels that were tweaked for Captain Toad gameplay) are missing, but it's just a rumor right now. However, the game already has a lot of levels and at $40 it's definitely worth it if you didn't play the Wii U version.

Yeah the third level seemed like a boss level, not just the third level of the game. Also, the game doesn't seem that hard, one-two tries per level will be enough for everything except speedrunning.

Making it €40 is clever pricing by Nintendo. I think it would be a flop at €60.

Well, it's still a Nintendo game. It probably would sell plenty. It'll probably sell more to happier people now though.

Not sure if it's of any use to anyone on here, and it may well be sold out by the time you find it, but eBay is launching their eBay Plus thing and luring people in with some amazing deals.

You can sign up for a free month then cancel, so don't worry.

Here's a Samsung 128gb Micro SD for $30.60 AUD with free shipping. Not sure how you'll go with international customership, but uh, give it a go if you want?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-128GB-Evo-Micro-SD-Card-SDXC-UHS-I-100MB-s-Mobile-Phone-TF-Memory-Card/172690346217

So I'm playing Fortnite with Caitlyn in duos mode, yeah. I'm on the Switch, she's on the Xbox on the telly and we're teams. We've played probably a couple hours at this point and been so close to winning a few times, one time we were about to kill the last guy, he had 6 health left, and Caitlyn's gun ran out of bullets and needed to reload that split second and he got the upper hand, soooo pissed.

But anyway, a good while later and many games later, I've got 9% battery left and we go fuck it, we'll have one more match, not like we'll make it to the end anyway. Then next thing we know I'm at 5% and there's only like 15/20 people left. Shit, we might have a shot. So Caitlyn builds a bunker, and we hold up, and I put the thing on the dock for a couple minutes until the storm eye closes in. We try a few things, like me using the joy con while it's docked and I just try to run with her, a good bit of hot swapping from my hands to the dock and back again, etc. We see a guy through the cracks in our bunker thing, I figure I'm fucked anyway, there's like 5 people left now, I blow our bunker and run out guns blazing, kill this prick and everything, awesome. There's 4 left, including us, so 2 people. Shit. We build another base and I leg it to the dock right, 3% left still, and as I slide it in it turns off due to no battery left.

She ends up going on to try to take out the nearest guy, nearly did but got wiped out, had the both of us been there (me with my full health and decent guns too) he'd have been no problem... the worse thing was he wiped the next guy out like it was nothing, we could have killed the both of them, but the damn Switch went flat and I'm so annoyed, this was like our fifth game we could (arguably should) have won today too. Fuck it.

Also I bought a bunch more Switch crap, and the short version of it is, don't buy ACA Double Dragon, it runs like an absolute bag of shit for some reason. Don't care how much you love DD like me, it just isn't worth it, it does not run well at all, more than 3 guys on screen, or really 1 boss and ANYONE else, you'll be going at 2 or 3 FPS at best... I am NOT lying.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I tried it on Xbox a while back, didn't care and deleted after a game or two.

I was eagerly awaiting giving it another shot on Switch, and have fucking adored it since. I've probably put in at least 10 hours since launch just playing before and in bed, and whenever I get 10 minutes or so to myself here and there. It's a bloody ripper of a portable game and I love the damn thing.

It's weird that I kind of did the same thing though deleted Ps4 version and have switch running like a champ. I have it running through TV with a DS3 controller.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:17 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

The first few quakes and Unreals define my earlier years of gaming, I would love to see UT on any system let alone the switch. All of the mods are basically standard modes on modern games like COD, good times that I'd do again in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

The first few quakes and Unreals define my earlier years of gaming, I would love to see UT on any system let alone the switch. All of the mods are basically standard modes on modern games like COD, good times that I'd do again in a heartbeat.

I was never much into Quake. I tried Quake 3 Arena, but after playing Unreal and UT, it felt "wrong" to me. I didn't like the weapons or levels much. It wasn't until later that I tried out Quake 1 and 2, and they never really sucked me in. I think Quake 4 was the only game that I completed the story for. Quake 1 felt a lot different from 2 and 4 though... it was more of a horror movie vibe from what I recall.

I haven't kept up with MP games after UT2k4 (which I still mostly played solo with bots, but occasionally played in MP), but I liked the simplicity of the game. The vehicle modes were great, and I liked the "mutator" concept that dramatically change the gameplay.

Apparently there is a free alpha/beta UT for PC now, but I don't know if it's ever supposed to be finished or come to consoles.

I'm making good progress in Death Squared on Switch. I just finished level 50, 30 more to go! I don't know how far I'll get in the Party levels solo, but I'll give them a try once I finish the Solo levels.

I think a few people were grabbing Mario Tennis Aces at launch. Any impressions on the Adventure Mode? That's where 99% of my playtime will be if I get the game.

25 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm making good progress in Death Squared on Switch. I just finished level 50, 30 more to go! I don't know how far I'll get in the Party levels solo, but I'll give them a try once I finish the Solo levels.

Party levels are on four droids so it'll probably be a bit of a drag solo... Good to see you're so far in now. I really liked the story snippets.

I think a few people were grabbing Mario Tennis Aces at launch. Any impressions on the Adventure Mode? That's where 99% of my playtime will be if I get the game.

It's fun (I just played the first two levels) but reviewers have been saying the Adventure mode is pretty short (just 30 levels, and basically much tutorial about how to play the game) so you might not get your money's worth unless you go do tournaments against bots.

P.S. I started on Bayonetta, played the prologue. Cool game, for now. If it manages to keep my interest for two whole games I might get the third game right away.

Edited by Cthulhu

12 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Party levels are on four droids so it'll probably be a bit of a drag solo... Good to see you're so far in now. I really liked the story snippets.

It's fun (I just played the first two levels) but reviewers have been saying the Adventure mode is pretty short (just 30 levels, and basically much tutorial about how to play the game) so you might not get your money's worth unless you go do tournaments against bots.

P.S. I started on Bayonetta, played the prologue. Cool game, for now. If it manages to keep my interest for two whole games I might get the third game right away.

Thanks for the info on Death Squared and Tennis Aces Adventure mode. How long does a Adventure level take for you so far?

The only part I found clunky in Bayonetta 1 was a somewhat-long motorcycle level. I think there was just one. I wonder if it's been improved for the Switch version. I still haven't tried Bayonetta 2 yet.

9 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the info on Death Squared and Tennis Aces Adventure mode. How long does a Adventure level take for you so far?

Not far enough in to say. First level is a tutorial against Dry Bones, second is longer because it also has a bunch of story explaining in there. Based on what I've seen I don't think Adventure mode will take longer than two to three hours.

9 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The only part I found clunky in Bayonetta 1 was a somewhat-long motorcycle level. I think there was just one. I wonder if it's been improved for the Switch version. I still haven't tried Bayonetta 2 yet.

Haven't gotten to that part yet, I'll let you know.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I started with the Adventure Mode and it's pretty fun but also pretty frustrating at times. It's surprisingly difficult or I'm just bad at playing. Some levels raised my blood pressures with obstacles that conveniently changed the ball's direction when I was running to the other edge of the court. The Zone Shots and Super Shots were also a pain in the ass at times. So far I've gotten 3 of 5 Power Stones in Adventure Mode. I have a feeling the regular tennis matches might be more to my liking than the Adventure Mode levels where you have time limits.

Tried the Swing Mode a bit and the controls felt too sensitive. It's surprising that they kind of marketed it as the "casual experience" yet most of the shots flew out of the court when we swung the Joy-Cons. Not much fun or a workout when the match ends after a few swings. It apparently needs some practice to figure out the exact timing. I was looking forward to Swing Mode but it was a bit of a letdown compared to Wii Fit U's Puzzle Squash which allowed for a few minutes of fun non-stop motion control play. On the plus side Mario Tennis Aces offers a co-op doubles match with 2 local players vs 2 CPU opponents option.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I started with the Adventure Mode and it's pretty fun but also pretty frustrating at times. It's surprisingly difficult or I'm just bad at playing. Some levels raised my blood pressures with obstacles that conveniently changed the ball's direction when I was running to the other edge of the court. The Zone Shots and Super Shots were also a pain in the ass at times. So far I've gotten 3 of 5 Power Stones in Adventure Mode. I have a feeling the regular tennis matches might be more to my liking than the Adventure Mode levels where you have time limits.

It's not just you. Reviewers scored the game lower points because they thought the single player was a little hard. I'm not too far in the story mode yet (only the second world) but so far I think the difficulty is fair and balanced. That might change as I progress further.

I tried the multiplayer too. I've won a few games but overall I think I need a little more practice. There are a few tricks other players know about that I'm still dunce about LOL.