GTA Online: Character Transfer Support Ending

HeySumbode

Via the R* Newswire

If you have not yet brought your characters and progression over from PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC, time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6, 2017. Experience the definitive version of GTAV, which features across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail, a video editor designed for advanced movie-making inside the game, and the massively upgraded GTA Online, with access to all the latest vehicles and gameplay from our continuing series of free updates including the recent Import/Export, as well as:

Bikers | Cunning Stunts | Further Adventures in Finance and Felony | Lowriders and Lowriders: Custom Classics | Executives and Other Criminals | Freemode Events

Just a heads up for those still on PS3.

Spoiler

Via support.rockstargames.com

Question: When will the character transfer special feature shut down?

Answer: The character transfer special feature will no longer be available as of March 6, 2017.

Question: What character transfers does this special feature currently allow?

Answer: Until March 6, 2017 the following transfers may be made if they are eligible:

• PS3 to PS4, Xbox One, and PC
  • Xbox 360 to Xbox One, PS4, and PC
  • PS4 to PC
  • Xbox One to PC

Please see this article for specifics and limitations on the character transfer special feature.

After March 6, 2017, this feature will be shut down.

Question: What if I try to complete a character transfer after March 6, 2017?

Answer: No character transfer will occur.

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

That sucks for those who actually don't want to do the work all over again, and pathetic as well by Rockstar. Heck I stopped Playing GTA V years ago that it's nothing new to me that Rockstar still does multiplayer crap. 

How is this pathetic? They've been fully supporting the old-gen version of the game for almost 4 years, and while they're not releasing any new content for old-gen, they're still supporting severs and everything else already available in-game and will be doing so for at least a couple more years.

13 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

FUCK NOOOOOO, I STILL GOTTA DO THE HEISTS

anyone know if i can transfer without ever playing on ps4 before? Like, making the character be waiting for me 2+ years? 

I doubt it, only because if they're removing the transfer feature altogether, I would imagine the download portion of this feature would be removed as well. Maybe pose the question in the R* forums or see if a friend who has the game on your transfer console preference to let you log in on there and do the transfer.

Just now, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

How is this pathetic? They've been fully supporting the old-gen version of the game for almost 4 years, and while they're not releasing any new content for old-gen, they're still supporting severs and everything else already available in-game and will be doing so for at least a couple more years.

The reason on why I saying is pathetic is not R+ is supporting multiplayer on last gen, but that's manly the focus point that is the reason on why many people buy the game because of that. What about putting in extra content of the story on GTA V where surly they've rumored they want to add something in when the game was released, but it was a lie instead where pretty much I uninterested as well. I also saying it's pathetic how they have to do the grind all over again where they should kept on what it was, but improve on making their character's data on to ps4 without problems already though.

4 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

The reason on why I saying is pathetic is not R+ is supporting multiplayer on last gen, but that's manly the focus point that is the reason on why many people buy the game because of that. What about putting in extra content of the story on GTA V where surly they've rumored they want to add something in when the game was released, but it was a lie instead where pretty much I uninterested as well. I also saying it's pathetic how they have to do the grind all over again where they should kept on what it was, but improve on making their character's data on to ps4 without problems already though.

They stopped supporting it due to hardware limitations. I had to re-do the grind myself as it's limited to one transfer only and it doesn't warn you about it. Also how is it a lie about the story content if it was just a rumor?

1 minute ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Grand Theft Auto V was released 9/17/2013 (10/1/2013 for GTA Online), and the current-gen version was released 11/18/2014. People had more than a year to get a ton of stuff done on last-gen systems before the current-gen version came out, and now people have had more than 2 years to transfer their character from their 3.5 year-old last-gen profile. It's not like they did this the day after the current-gen version was released. People had more than plenty of time to transfer their characters, and still have another month to do so. Can't use the argument of haven't got a current-gen system anymore seeing as they've been out for more than 3 years themselves and have seen regular-price reductions of 25-40% from their original prices. People used the argument of too much $$$ for the system and not enough games, both of which are now no longer valid points.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Grand Theft Auto V was released 9/17/2013 (10/1/2013 for GTA Online), and the current-gen version was released 11/18/2014. People had more than a year to get a ton of stuff done on last-gen systems before the current-gen version came out, and now people have had more than 2 years to transfer their character from their 3.5 year-old last-gen profile. It's not like they did this the day after the current-gen version was released. People had more than plenty of time to transfer their characters, and still have another month to do so. Can't use the argument of haven't got a current-gen system anymore seeing as they've been out for more than 3 years themselves and have seen regular-price reductions of 25-40% from their original prices. People used the argument of too much $$$ for the system and not enough games, both of which are now no longer valid points.

Well I kind of agree now since they are stopping the transferring characters, to other consoles, now they have to buy the game on either console and stick of what it is which I fine by it. Though, it's totally different of what people are living and the economy of what it is of  countries can be expensive still to them. And besides, people still like last gen than n=current gen because some reasons they prefer tbh. Like DLC being as ridiculous as ever, paying for online of diffrent games, not having better games of library that last gen is still better on paper that current gen doesn't have, etc.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They're not being forced to buy the current gen version, all that's happening is they're removing the ability to transfer your character, you can still play the last gen version all you want

I didn't say they have to force of buying current gen version. I'm saying you can now either choose what version they can play as, and stick through of that just like making an PSN account.

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They stopped supporting it due to hardware limitations. I had to re-do the grind myself as it's limited to one transfer only and it doesn't warn you about it. Also how is it a lie about the story content if it was just a rumor?

They said it after the game was released for sometime even on Gameinformer they mentioned it, but instead they're still focusing on multiplayer and not being able to add it on there where I'm pretty sure Rockstar would add the dlc on to last gen if they care enough to do it. Same goes to current gen.

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

With how much money they make from the multiplayer and how old the game is, I can't see there ever being a single player dlc released.

That's the problem because they put in unnecessary DLC multiplayer crap where they could spend some quality money of adding whatever they've planned to at least make the single player content don't feel left out and missed entirely once you 100% the game. Not everyone likes GTA Online out there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

I didn't say they have to force of buying current gen version. I'm saying you can now either choose what version they can play as, and stick through of that just like making an PSN account.

They said it when the game was released, but instead they're still focusing on multiplayer and not beig able to add it on there where I'm pretty sure Rockstar would add the dlc on to last gen if they care enough to do it. Same goes to current gen.

They literally and specifically said that they can no longer update the last-gen versions of the game because of hardware limitations. The game would not run if they added more content. They were testing it and last-gen consoles did not meet their quality specifications, so they announced they would no longer be adding content or updating GTAV for last-gen consoles. I'm sure they'd want to add paid DLC to last-gen, because that means more $$$ in sales. But if they can't add a couple cars/boats/planes/weapons to the game, which are microscopic in file size compared to full-fledged DLC, then no, they can't add anything else

4 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

They literally and specifically said that they can no longer update the last-gen versions of the game because of hardware limitations. The game would not run if they added more content. They were testing it and last-gen consoles did not meet their quality specifications, so they announced they would no longer be adding content or updating GTAV for last-gen consoles. I'm sure they'd want to add paid DLC to last-gen, because that means more $$$ in sales. But if they can't add a couple cars/boats/planes/weapons to the game, which are microscopic in file size compared to full-fledged DLC, then no, they can't add anything else

I didn't heard by their statement before which that could be the reason why they make their decision to do that instead. It is what it is that most people don't really like GTA than they first like it.

10 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Well, since I'm about to start the heists on ps3 I was wondering, I already uploaded my save to ps4 to pop the other trophies, can I upload it again or will I have to do heists on both platforms?

You can only upload one character for sure, but I don't know if you can upload the same character multiple times. Doubt it though.

Edited by Stevieboy

10 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Well, since I'm about to start the heists on ps3 I was wondering, I already uploaded my save to ps4 to pop the other trophies, can I upload it again or will I have to do heists on both platforms?

You can only transfer your character once, any trophies you earn after that have to be re-earned again on the ps4

10 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

You can only upload one character for sure, but I don't know if you can upload the same character multiple times. Doubt it though.

It's once per account regardless of the system it goes to, so if your friend trolls you and transfers your character to a system you don't own, rockstar won't let you transfer back

Edited by Stevieboy

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can only transfer your character once, any trophies you earn after that have to be re-earned again on the ps4

It's once per account regardless of the system it goes to, so if your friend trolls you and transfers your character to a system you don't own, rockstar won't let you transfer back

Kidding, but at that point I wouldn't need to transfer again, cuz I'd be in jail for murder.