Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Season 2 - Finale

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Either of the Bioshock games.

I would love to play HZD, but I doubt the game service I use would have it in stock.

Ooh. You gotta commit to picking up and playing whatever gets chosen man. If hzd wins and you can't get it with the rental service, going to have to shovel out some extra dough. 

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

If that happens it will be nice, these speed comps don't really suit the way I play but happy to have a go. Ironically I was actually going to sit out HZD but looks like my arm is being violently twisted the other way ?

Not a big fan of racing through it either but with all the perks it gives "3 stones" and all, glad to do it lol.

Alright. Tallied up the votes and still have one person left to vote but his vote wouldn't change the outcome

Horizon zero dawn with 5 votes

Sniper elite with 2 votes

Bioshock infinite with 2 votes

1 vote remaining

Looks like we have ourselves a winner. With it being a new release, we will take a full month to complete the game as not sure how long it will be. Game must be started within the first week. I'll add a countdown on the main page for when you're all set to start playing. 

I expect the chat to go silent for a while so enjoy yourselves until the start date. Cheerios

Edited by Couch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Enma8910 said:

Hi. Can I still sign up?

We're full at the moment. Was willing to let more in prior to picking the game but now that has happened I don't want to add anymore. Maybe next time! :)

Be on the look out later this year. I'll be hosting a new event that requires 16 peeps and as long as your sitting on a decent backlog of games, won't require you to buy anything :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Couch said:

We're full at the moment. Was willing to let more in prior to picking the game but now that has happened I don't want to add anymore. Maybe next time! :)

Be on the look out later this year. I'll be hosting a new event that requires 16 peeps and as long as your sitting on a decent backlog of games, won't require you to buy anything :)

16 peeps? Sounds like the perfect number for a grand tournament! B)

25 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

16 peeps? Sounds like the perfect number for a grand tournament! B)

Haha that's funny

If you're into reality TV you may have to come by for a look when it gets posted. It will have a lot of admin activity that I won't even be able to participate :(

18 minutes ago, Couch said:

Haha that's funny

If you're into reality TV you may have to come by for a look when it gets posted. It will have a lot of admin activity that I won't even be able to participate :(

I'm definitely interested in competing. It sounds too intriguing to pass up :D.

Edited by Kent10201

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

My bank balance will hate this event immensely...

Lol yours and mine both. We had a decent amount of current games this month but most people went with hzd. 

There's also the chance you lose first round and won't be affected to much :)p

• Like 1

Well the competition has officially started. We're on day two. I've checked profiles to see where everyone currently stands:

CJ and Couch have installed the game but haven't started it yet.

Zombie, Shogun, Triicky, Phantom and Psy haven't yet.

Epic is sitting at 20%

Daemynz is sitting at 15%

Matt is sitting at 4%.

Don't forget the game needs to be started within the first week of the comp meaning you have until Tuesday 11:59:59 PM to gain a trophy or you're automatically disqualified. Also remember this season is fastest to plat meaning the slowest time will be the person eliminated every month.

I plan on starting tomorrow night after work.

Powerpyx has a guide up which says 40-50 hours with one single missable trophy. Should be a relatively easy plat, just a bit lengthy.

http://www.powerpyx.com/horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Well Happy hunting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cjshaitan said:

Looking forward to starting. I literally had the disc in ready to go last night but I didn't anticipate Steins Gate Lovely Darlings would take so long to finish ........... although to be fair if I could read Japanese it would have probably been much quicker ?

Figured you'd pick up on some by now. After 14 more of those, you'll be fluent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EpicNogg4 said:

If somebody doesn't start the game on time therefore getting themself eliminated does that mean the slowest time will also be eliminated at the end of the month or? Apologies if this has already been answered 

Yes sir. If it's not started in time they're disqualified. Someone will still be eliminated based on time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

A possible double elimination ........ nice. 

Last season 4 people were dq'd in the first round plus one was eliminated. 2nd round we had another disqualification and one was eliminated. The last 4 battled it out as intended the rest of the season. I'm really hoping we don't have that kind of turn around this season. 

• Like 2

A small update (if anyone is interested):

the_couchster – 4%

Zomb1e_kira – Not Loaded

cjshaitan –  0% - Loaded

EpicNogg4 – 20%

the_name_is_Matt – 37%

Daemynz – 21%

ShogunCroCop – Not Loaded

Triicky913 – 28%

PhantomOfThorns – Not Loaded

Psy-Tychist – 18%

Matt seems to be making the best progress so far, with Triicky, Nogg and Daemynz close behind.

I've yet to do the corruption, but that's next on my list.

Couch has just started and cj is still recovering from his trophy haul in the THTL.

Still waiting on Shogun, Zomb1e and Phantom to get started.

Edited by Psy-Tychist