Game Review - Quest of Dungeons

Bullstomp

This game is one my plan to buy list on 3DS since launch on the system and now it's already out for the PS4 . Great news . I hope it gets a Vita port , if not i'll buy itvfor tge 3DS to play on the go anyway . I want to support the developer which is a single dude and from Portugal also , my home country . Gotta support the development of new games from new other backgrounds :awesome:

Seriously this looks alot of fun , it reminds me of Fatal Labyrinth on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis that i played on Sega Ultimate Collection on PS3 and loved it . 

• Like 1

After playing for about a half hour. I would agree with the fatal labyrinth comparison. It is quite fun.  Being an older gamer it's nice when you run across a game that has simple intuitive controls, and addictive gameplay. To often it seems to focus on graphics and dlc. With little to the actual gameplay. And that's for a premium title at $59.99.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dharksoul said:

After playing for about a half hour. I would agree with the fatal labyrinth comparison. It is quite fun.  Being an older gamer it's nice when you run across a game that has simple intuitive controls, and addictive gameplay. To often it seems to focus on graphics and dlc. With little to the actual gameplay. And that's for a premium title at $59.99.

I completely agree! I am an older gamer myself and was very pleasantly surprised with this title. The programmer is very clearly a gamer and not a corporate code monkey.

Here's hoping more people test drive this game, though I am quite happy you tried it and liked it too, Dharksoul:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 4:44 AM, Bullstomp said:

*snip*

grats in getting the plat xD I had the same reason with you with buying the game... for the Q plat xD

I started the game days ago and I am enjoying it - the grind to 500k gold is such a pain though(any tips? xD)It is also not that difficult compared to other roguelike games and it is pretty short IMO (well if you call 2 hour~ run short xD). I recommend this to people that enjoy playing roguelike and also to those who like to start playing roguelike game.

Lastly... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? :awesome:

9 hours ago, JaM said:

grats in getting the plat xD I had the same reason with you with buying the game... for the Q plat xD

I started the game days ago and I am enjoying it - the grind to 500k gold is such a pain though(any tips? xD)It is also not that difficult compared to other roguelike games and it is pretty short IMO (well if you call 2 hour~ run short xD). I recommend this to people that enjoy playing roguelike and also to those who like to start playing roguelike game.

Lastly... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck? :awesome:

Glad you like it too and thanks for the gratz:)

So the 500k gold eh? That trophy is a bear and is easily the hardest trophy in the game! (yes, MUCH harder than the snake trophy). Why? Because its a "faith" trophy. I grinded well over a week after beating the rest of the trophies wondering if I was doing something wrong. Here is what I did:

Custom dungeon>normal difficulty{which is the lowest for this mode}>110{size}. 

-play thru EVERY ROOM. Your mission? Any gear that is +rare drops and/or +gold

-If you get multiple + items, guess what? The effect stacks! So a +5 gold helmet and a + 5 gold breastplate = +10 gold!(as reference, the "luck buff" is +15 gold but only for 100 steps!) 

- The higher level you go the higher the average gold drop! For instance, 3 is the average gold drop on level 1 but on level 10 the average is closer to 90 per drop and will exceed 100 per drop with +gold gear(This is why you choose custom. Custom can have larger maps and 10 floors. Those extra 3 floors WILL equal more gold for you. . .especially with +gold gear)

- There is currently no way to know where you are in terms of progress. But based on my experience, the trophy does work. You just need to keep plugging away.

- Quest gold DOESN'T count. UNLESS its the gold you pick up from killing a quest monster. Finding that crown or lamp will only give you more money for the store and XP.

-KILL EVERY BOSS YOU CAN FIND - this is the best way to get large amounts of gold. ESPECIALLY with + gold gear. The next highest possibility is locked rooms/chests so open em whenever you can!

-IMPORTANT- If your inventory is full and you run over drops, you should do it multiple times because the game may not register your attempt to pick up the gold in the stack!

Hope this helps! And see you at the next mansionB)

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

*snip*

thanks for the tips. 

I am currently exploring custom 110x110 dungeon on hard or hell difficulty. I tried no quest + no sell run to check how much gold I could get and I got 30k+ on Hard while I got 29k on my Hell run - IIRC I only got 1 equipment with +Gold in my 3 runs so far.

oooh... Does Normal Difficulty give same amount of Gold?

it seems that the 500k Gold trophy indeed is a test of dedication in this game. It looks like the Assassin and I will spend more time together exploring mansions xD

1 hour ago, JaM said:

thanks for the tips. 

I am currently exploring custom 110x110 dungeon on hard or hell difficulty. I tried no quest + no sell run to check how much gold I could get and I got 30k+ on Hard while I got 29k on my Hell run - IIRC I only got 1 equipment with +Gold in my 3 runs so far.

oooh... Does Normal Difficulty give same amount of Gold?

it seems that the 500k Gold trophy indeed is a test of dedication in this game. It looks like the Assassin and I will spend more time together exploring mansions xD

Correct, difficulty has no bearing on drops which is why I went with normal, for speed.

I chose the Assassin also for speed. Long range + no need for mana + some wicked ATK at higher levels makes for quick runs. Additionally, Illusion + extra aim + bullseye = 1 hit boss kills :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The 500k farming is awful. Would have been cool if what you sold counted. Could even have been fine with 2 million or something then. There's also no visible counter for it, so it's just super discouraging. I've been farming for days now, and no trophy yet. :( Beat the 10 floor custom game so many times now... :( Hopefully I'm close, but I don't know, since there's no counter to see my progression, which would have been encouraging!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just about done with this game. It's such a shame that my last memories of it will be rushing through 15 times or so to farm meaningless gold that they don't even bother to count for you. Just a terrible trophy, and I liked so much else about this game. I even liked the snake game, though the lousy PS4 d-pad made it more frustrating than it needed to be.