Games that you enjoyed most for plating

Glasgow_Mick89

I'm creating this topic as more of a help to myself. But it can be used by others if they need any information on what they could play next.

After I plat a game, I go through a bit of situation were I can't decide on any games I'd like to get to plat next. I'm the type of gamer who likes to enjoy playing what I'm trying to plat. Probably why I only have I think it was 54% complete overall with my games list. If I don't enjoy it, I see no point in carrying on with it. I just finished plating Dragon's Dogma and I'm all out of ideas on what to get next.

Does anyone know of anything that really got you into a game? A game that got you excited to play and continued to enjoy it as you either plated it or just played it to death?

My most recent was Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Graces F. Tales of Graces F I played over 3 weeks straight and loved every moment of it.

• Like 1

If you enjoyed Tales you might enjoy something like Rune Factory: Oceans, or some NISA games like the Atelier series (Rorona, Totori and Meruru), or Hyperdimension Neptunia, just suggesting these because i've played them all and really enjoyed getting the plat in each one :yay: just starting Tales now myself

Edited by JennifairyW

I'll look them out. But is Hyperdimension not like Arcana Heart? Too girly for a 23 year old guy like myself lol? Or maybe I'm just being ignorant. What's your take on it?

I'm always hesitant when it comes to getting games lol. Even that is the challenge, nevermind actually playing the games. Star Ocean Last Hope is a bit like Tales of Graces F in my opinion. But gave up the plat after overplaying the game. Will go back to it at some point.

As you can maybe tell, I love my RPG's. But I'm really out of the loop when it comes to anything good. Currently have Disgaea 4. Good game but as far as plating it does, I'll just have to enjoy the post game, gameplay. See if I have the time to grind anything out later on.

A small list of games i easily got lost in as I played.

- Skyrim

- Batman (either AA or AC)

- Assassins Creed 3

- FF XIII-2 (I would include XIII in here, but I lost the save file before I could finish grinding, so its not done)

- Any of the Ratchet and Clank collection

- Rainbow Moon (an amazing, cheap deep RPG)

- Tokyo Jungle (very different, but had to keep playing all the new animals)

- Portal 2

I would also recommend Fallout 3 and NV. I know I haven't finished NV, but that is not because it wasn't good. I got distracted and just haven't dove back in yet.

There's are 2 games which I really enjoy even I got platinum xD & I'm playing like mad though the other one doesn't have any platinum. Sadly, the game I'm playing has a poor online & lags often. -_-

So... The games are...?

A small list of games i easily got lost in as I played.

- Skyrim

- Batman (either AA or AC)

- Assassins Creed 3

- FF XIII-2 (I would include XIII in here, but I lost the save file before I could finish grinding, so its not done)

- Any of the Ratchet and Clank collection

- Rainbow Moon (an amazing, cheap deep RPG)

- Tokyo Jungle (very different, but had to keep playing all the new animals)

- Portal 2

I would also recommend Fallout 3 and NV. I know I haven't finished NV, but that is not because it wasn't good. I got distracted and just haven't dove back in yet.

I've platinumed Skyrim, FFXIII and FFXIII-2, Fallout NV (hated the game thanks to needing to rest the disk after each hour because the game slows right down if you've done a fair bit in the game) and I've got Rainbow Moon. I really liked Rainbow Moon. But it was taking me far too long to level up. I'm up for a bit of a grind, but I got stuck too low to advance properly. Took a break and haven't went back yet.

Played Portal 2. Was a good game too. Only think that makes me cringe is the online trophies. Need 2 friends for different trophies.

Edited by Glasgow_Mick89

So... The games are...?I've platinumed Skyrim, FFXIII and FFXIII-2, Fallout NV (hated the game thanks to needing to rest the disk after each hour because the game slows right down if you've done a fair bit in the game) and I've got Rainbow Moon. I really liked Rainbow Moon. But it was taking me far too long to level up. I'm up for a bit of a grind, but I got stuck too low to advance properly. Took a break and haven't went back yet.

Played Portal 2. Was a good game too. Only think that makes me cringe is the online trophies. Need 2 friends for different trophies.

I am not sure if I still have the disk, but I can help out with Portal two if I do.

I am not sure if I still have the disk, but I can help out with Portal two if I do.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. I've been looking to get the game at some point. So that would be a huge help if I do. But how is the online connection? Me being in Scotland and you in Canada. I have a friend on my list who is Canadian and his connection is fairly good with me. Well then again, a friend in England has a lousy connection with me so from when we tryed to play BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extended player matches together so location isn't always a problem lol.

I'll let you know if I decide to get Portal 2 in the near future. Cheers.

Ah right. I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 4 years ago and i enjoyed it. Problem for me was i really sucked at it lol. I was awful. I'd like to think i've gotten better now the past years but i'd have to try the game again.

I almost rented Sigma 2 a few months back but decided not to and went with something different. Might actually get it this time. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for Castlevania, i might pass. Lords of Shadow i think it was had a negative effect on my PS3. Meaning, the fan went crazy and tryed to blow out its insides. My PS3 is the big Fat model. 4 years old. Heard of others suffering the same issue with the game.

Ah right. I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 4 years ago and i enjoyed it. Problem for me was i really sucked at it lol. I was awful. I'd like to think i've gotten better now the past years but i'd have to try the game again.

I almost rented Sigma 2 a few months back but decided not to and went with something different. Might actually get it this time. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for Castlevania, i might pass. Lords of Shadow i think it was had a negative effect on my PS3. Meaning, the fan went crazy and tryed to blow out its insides. My PS3 is the big Fat model. 4 years old. Heard of others suffering the same issue with the game.

Sure, man. you're welcome :) lol Sigma 1 was really frustrating mostly the camera being inverted. I still haven't bought a ps3 4 years ago. 4 years old? wow! :o

For castlevania harmony of despair, I can play with people around the world without a single problem. It's not really that heavy though like Castlevania Lords of Shadow. It's only 8-bit graphics :). I was about to get the Lords of Shadow myself until i saw the requirements of that game. HDMI cable <_<-_- I personally hate this requirement <_< Makes the ps3 generate more heat. -_-

Edited by NightWing127
  • Like 1

• Hyperdimension Neptunia
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
  • BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
  • Arcana Heart 3
  • Tales of Graces f
  • AquaPazza: Aqua Plus Dream Match

These would be the games I enjoyed the most when earning the platinum trophies, I also would have to say avoiding Arcana Heart and Neptunia just because they look "girly" is a pretty bad move as you're missing out on some great games.

I don't enjoy hunting at all, and it's very rare that I have done a plat that I enjoy, the only reason I hunt is honestly so I don't look like a loser with no talent who can't finish a game. It isn't fun in the slightest, but I'll list all the platinums I've obtained out of 45 that I've enjoyed.

1) Borderlands 1 (Including JP edition, Separate Platinum)

2) Borderlands 2

3) Burnout Paradise

4) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

- That's it, that leaves 41 games I hated.

Hands down the BEST series/game to play out there is Uncharted (play them in order) - Best game of all time... easily.

Dishonored is pretty good once you get into it - it took me 2 hours of playtime before i really enjoyed it.

If you happen to like the whole side-scroll genre that i like - Outland (I believe it's a digital download from the PS Store) - Good game, no platnum trophy though, so i suppose that gets excluded :(

As much as people rant and rave over skyrim.... it was good - just don't play it like i did and grind out the platnum from when i inserted the disk.