Mass Effect Andromeda new gameplay footage 3/21/2017

ratchetdude231

When asked by PC Gamer whether or not there are missions that expire as players progress through the story, Frazier responded: "...there's a handful of quests that, if you finish the main story, are no longer accessible. But it's a pretty small percentage. But the vast majority of the game, including the loyalty missions, Mass Effect-2 style, you can do even after you finish the main story. Most parts are still open."

Source

Pretty good news. I'm going to try and do as many side quests as possible throughout the game, but it is cool that the vast majority of side content is still available even after the story is over.

Edited by ratchetdude231

2 hours ago, Tyxoune said:

I can't wait to play this game ! Mass Effect 2 is one of my most beloved game :D I have really high expectation and I trust BioWare to deliver ! Between Mass Effect: Andromeda and Horizon Zero Dawn, I'll be busy in the next weeks :D

And Persona 5 one week after Mass Effect. It is a very good time to be a PS4 owner.

I wouldn't expect it to be as good as Mass Effect 2. It isn't a Commander Shepard story. As long as people can distinguish the difference between the original Trilogy, and Andromeda, I think most people will be satisfied with the game, provided it isn't a massive flop. Anything's possible with EA. But BioWare is one of five studios that I trust unflinchingly.

10 hours ago, Valyrious said:

And Persona 5 one week after Mass Effect. It is a very good time to be a PS4 owner.

I wouldn't expect it to be as good as Mass Effect 2. It isn't a Commander Shepard story. As long as people can distinguish the difference between the original Trilogy, and Andromeda, I think most people will be satisfied with the game, provided it isn't a massive flop. Anything's possible with EA. But BioWare is one of five studios that I trust unflinchingly.

I'm actually really happy that it's not a Commander Shepard story ! I think the universe needed a new start, with fresh characters! I'll wait and see but for what I've seen I pretty like the new character design. I can't wait to experience the game, I hope the writing's good ! BioWare do know that story and characters are key in a Mass Effect game, so I'm staying confident !

I was a bit skeptical, but after watching that IGN video, I am genuinely worried. I could forgive that the gameplay consists of pressing buttons to clear a path and boring shooting galleries, but I can't ignore the truly awful writing. It feels like I'm watching Power Rangers or something – are they targeting a younger audience now? What happened?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I was a bit skeptical, but after watching that IGN video, I am genuinely worried. I could forgive that the gameplay consists of pressing buttons to clear a path and boring shooting galleries, but I can't ignore the truly awful writing. It feels like I'm watching Power Rangers or something – are they targeting a younger audience now? What happened?

Yup, they want teenagers to experience full nudity. The only thing bad about that video is IGN employing casuals to demo games. Incinerate on shields... my god. And it's not like he used overload afterwards for a tech combo.

20 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

It might just be because it's Peebee's loyalty mission. Since she seems to be the comic relief character, they might've just upped the banter in the mission a bit too much. The gameplay seems pretty Mass Effecty, i mean it was always a shooting gallery and just go down a straight path in main missions.

The only thing i'm worried about are the facial animations, especially from Ryder. But we'll see, a lot can happen in a month.

9 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

It might just be because it's Peebee's loyalty mission. Since she seems to be the comic relief character, they might've just upped the banter in the mission a bit too much. The gameplay seems pretty Mass Effecty, i mean it was always a shooting gallery and just go down a straight path in main missions.

The only thing i'm worried about are the facial animations, especially from Ryder. But we'll see, a lot can happen in a month.

Flynn already addressed that there is a patch in the making for the facial animations.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:53 AM, sephirothdude said:

Anyone see the exploration video? A quote from it

"Hundred of planets but only a handful are explorable"

Wish they would expand on that.

Yeah I don't really get that either to be honest. I'm guessing they mean there are hundred planets in the Andromeda galaxy and a handful of them are explorable as in you can land on them and explore the planet and do side quests. 

Edited by ratchetdude231

1 hour ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Not surprising as it seems this is how Bioware likes to handle the multiplayer component of it's games, but it's cool that all the multiplayer DLC will be free. 

Source

Yeah With EA xD

Expect something like the Multiplayer maps free and then 3-4 DLCs about Single player or soemhting else in Multi to costs 10-15 €/$ xD 

Just now, Sora9427 said:

Yeah With EA xD

Expect something like the Multiplayer maps free and then 3-4 DLCs about Single player or soemhting else in Multi to costs 10-15 €/$ xD 

Eh I don't mind paying for single player DLC and with all the future maps in Andromeda being free I wouldn't mind Microtransactions either. It's one thing to charge for multiplayer DLC and have Microtransactions, but it's a completely other thing to offer all the multiplayer DLC for free and throw some microtransactions in to make some money. 

I think it's a perfect trade off and I wish more multiplayer games did something like that. All the multiplayer maps being free means the player base won't be divided which I think is great. Overwatch has a pretty similar system and it's working pretty great for Blizzard and the Overwatch community.

1 minute ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Eh I don't mind paying for single player DLC and with all the future maps in Andromeda being free I wouldn't mind Microtransactions either. It's one thing to charge for multiplayer DLC and have Microtransactions, but it's a completely other thing to offer all the multiplayer DLC for free and throw some microtransactions in to make some money. 

I think it's a perfect trade off and I wish more multiplayer games did something like that. All the multiplayer maps being free means the player base won't be divided which I think is great. Overwatch has a pretty similar system and it's working pretty great for Blizzard and the Overwatch community.

And that's why EA Lives every year xD

Overwathc ALL is free new maps, new characters, Buff or nerfs, Events the onyl thing you pay are Lootbox so microtransations if we want to see them that way, that's fair and i agree but the rets, it should Always be Free not cost me 15 € Per DLC or 60 € the Season Pass (more than the game) Like some Series....